• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

micstar615

Smash Ace
IF dlc is a thing....it would make sense to pick from the trophy characters. They have models already thanks to their trophies and may not take as much time to make. Also, it seems like every character from the Nintendo universe, (definitely every popular character) is a trophy. If we go by the logic that "DLC characters can't be trophies" who does that leave as DLC? Shrek? DLC is our only hope and trophies likely wont affect DLC choices but right now I'm too salty to get my hopes up, done that too many times for Mewtwo :(

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
For some games, DLC is released on launch day and some even come out - or announced - before the game's out! :p
Ok, but either way, why would you hide the trophies of characters that are possible DLC? That'd just give the idea away to EVERYBODY.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Wow, way to reinforce that Mewtwo is a clone. "No clones" or something Sakurai said. I think he meant it literally in a sense that characters like Mewtwo and Solid Snake who are actual clones are not allowed.
Mewtwo in Pokemon has always been known to be "cloned" from Mew is what that means.

capn'

Smash Rookie
Despite all the news flowing out of the pipes, and the fact that those trophy descriptions are pretty damning.. I've got to hold out belief that he's not cut until it's been officially stated that this roster is final. Try as we may to sort it, It's all speculation up until that point.

I think we can all remain cautiously optimistic until the Wii U release, or until Sakurai says the roster's full.

JUST SAYIN' FOLKS, YOU GOTTA BUH'LEEVE.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
He didn't even get a new model for the game.

You sure you were thinking about adding him, Sakurai?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
At the moment, the world of Smash Bros is torn in half. Some want answers regarding Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool, and we get Trophies. Some are furious enough to want Sakurai to leave because of 'overrepresentation of Kid Icarus', some that still hold onto hope for DLC, some who deny DLC, and those who will enjoy the game regardless the outcome, or hate the game because it 'sucks and isn't Melee'... The Smash Community seems torn about this game. I bet the tier list deciders and people like MewTwoKing won't mind, they probably only want to see someone dead last because they're a bad character, or hate them because they are 'broken'. \

I think this game has brought enough division. I need some unifying answers.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Although this may "defirm" Mewtwo for some, I'm gonna stay in denial for a while longer.

This could still be part of a "grand troll", especially since that other guy got a WFT trophy without beating classic with her. It could help keep DLC under wraps by having us assume that every trophy character is automatically defirmed, when really, some of them may just get in.

Again, it's not over until it's actually over. And trust me, it's not over, yet. We're pushed to a pessimistic corner and odds are seeming incredulously low, but there's still somewhat of a possibility, however slight.

At the moment, the world of Smash Bros is torn in half. Some want answers regarding Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool, and we get Trophies. Some are furious enough to want Sakurai to leave because of 'overrepresentation of Kid Icarus', some that still hold onto hope for DLC, some who deny DLC, and those who will enjoy the game regardless the outcome, or hate the game because it 'sucks and isn't Melee'... The Smash Community seems torn about this game. I bet the tier list deciders and people like MewTwoKing won't mind, they probably only want to see someone dead last because they're a bad character, or hate them because they are 'broken'. \

I think this game has brought enough division. I need some unifying answers.
That's the thing. Sakurai is an actual troll. A lot of what we're going off of isn't truly confirmed yet, but is what's most likely based on what we have to observe at the moment, meaning we can take a lot of things a lot of ways until we truly get some undeniable confirmation, which is why some people are giving up on Mewtwo here, and others are still holding out.

I'd say it's best to try to hold out, and not finalize one's opinion until we get some true confirmation from Sakurai. Trophies make things bleaker, but that doesn't erase the possibility of the character's inclusion. The ever-so-slight possibility of this being able to be a huge red herring to what's actually happening is enough to maintain some hope for me. What we don't know is more important at this point.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Although this may "defirm" Mewtwo for some, I'm gonna stay in denial for a while longer.

This could still be part of a "grand troll", especially since that other guy got a WFT trophy without beating classic with her. It could help keep DLC under wraps by having us assume that every trophy character is automatically defirmed, when really, some of them may just get in.

Again, it's not over until it's actually over. And trust me, it's not over, yet. We're pushed to a pessimistic corner and odds are seeming incredulously low, but there's still somewhat of a possibility, however slight.
I have no reason to believe he won't be DLC other than some trophy. It makes NO sense to exclude any indication to a possible DLC character, as people will quickly catch on. If you add a trophy in to show that he's a trophy, that just throws people for a loop. Therefore, he's still got a 50/50 chance for DLC.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

That's the thing. Sakurai is an actual troll. A lot of what we're going off of isn't truly confirmed yet, but is what's most likely based on what we have to observe at the moment, meaning we can take a lot of things a lot of ways until we truly get some undeniable confirmation, which is why some people are giving up on Mewtwo here, and others are still holding out.

I'd say it's best to try to hold out, and not finalize one's opinion until we get some true confirmation from Sakurai. Trophies make things bleaker, but that doesn't erase the possibility of the character's inclusion. The ever-so-slight possibility of this being able to be a huge red herring to what's actually happening is enough to maintain some hope for me. What we don't know is more important at this point.
That other guy is me, right? :)

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I have no reason to believe he won't be DLC other than some trophy. It makes NO sense to exclude any indication to a possible DLC character, as people will quickly catch on. If you add a trophy in to show that he's a trophy, that just throws people for a loop. Therefore, he's still got a 50/50 chance for DLC.
That was exactly the point I was trying to make, so I agree.

That other guy is me, right? :)
Yeah, I think; I couldn't remember the user name and was too lazy to go back. >.<

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yes, unfortunately. It seems all the rumored characters are being found as trophies.

Still. It doesn't mean it's the end. We have the very real possibility of DLC, the few slots on the final roster and the size of the game to keep hope alive.

Melee had two slots open- but there never came any extra characters to fill them, y'all know this- right?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Samus apparently has another trophy someone bought from the trophy shop thing. Is it the same suit as the one she has in-game?

...it....it is the same suit....o.o
B-but....why?! o.O

Those two slots are for Sonic and Tails, we just haven't figured out how to unlock them yet...

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Well, it's been a very fun and heartfelt ride with my fellow fans of this very cool character, but there's not much left to be said anymore. I'm sure Super Smash Brothers for Wii U & 3DS will be a great pair of games and do very well, perhaps even playing a major part in carrying Nintendo over the heads of its competitors, but I pinned my desires on just this one feature. It would have been really vindicating to see Mewtwo in the current limelight again, but if want to play him in a fighting game, I have Melee and Project M to turn back to, and Pokken Tournament to hope for. Still, it is little consolation.

I think I am going to be participating in online Smash discussion much less now. I hope that later there will be another event which brings us together in conversation. Until then, I thank all of you for the hype moments.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Overall, I'd say that as long as the possibility exists, then there is a chance.

Again, it's what we don't know that's more important here. We can easily assume one thing, but as long as every situation has a possibility here, the opposite can happen.

Basically: We don't have 100% absolute confirmation that Mewtwo is deconfirmed. We may have high amounts of evidence, but we don't have absolute closure. As long as we have that slight possibility, even at .01% of a chance, we've still got a chance. That's why I will be stubborn and in denial until we get some undeniable, official proof.

Speed, you noticed how that Samus trophy isn't from playing Samus and now you're somewhat wondering how that's even a thing.

Who's to say that there isn't a chance for Mewtwo to be included later and the trophy we see is this "extra" one, like Samus's? We could all be throwing ourselves through a loop and quitting too early, for all we know.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Melee had two slots open- but there never came any extra characters to fill them, y'all know this- right?
I didn't really think of that in Melee. Still, there is more room on the Smash 4 'final' roster than here. It just doesn't look complete to me.

And the game is far too big in size for DLC not to be considered at this point. It's a real possibility.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Samus apparently has another trophy someone bought from the trophy shop thing. Is it the same suit as the one she has in-game?

Here's her in battle model for comparison. Just took the picture, during Training Mode on Golden Plains. Seems a little different, but maybe this one is based on the Varia Suit from previous games. Sakurai said that up until now, the Samus resembled her Super Metroid appearance, with this new model being more in line with Other M.They Could be different.

Attachments

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'm not liking what this thread is turning into, especially near it's end, as some are being naive and buying into the "Oh he's no in the initial game and is just a trophy, that means that there's no chance he'll be be in the game, not even in DLC." When there is absolutely NOTHING showing that, other than the fact he is a trophy in the game. That's it. Why remove any indication of a character that you could use as DLC and that's wanted by many? That'd just be suspicious and be read quite quickly, whereas a trophy would just be a coverup for him, and/or the other vets shown that have POTENTIAL to be DLC. I'd say that Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Mewtwo having trophies just means that they could bring them back at ANY point in time for DLC, but who they'll pick, if they even do DLC (which is incredibly likely), is a mystery. To me this is just another curve-ball Sakurai has thrown us.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm not liking what this thread is turning into, especially near it's end, as some are being naive and buying into the "Oh he's no in the initial game and is just a trophy, that means that there's no chance he'll be be in the game, not even in DLC." When there is absolutely NOTHING showing that, other than the fact he is a trophy in the game. That's it. Why remove any indication of a character that you could use as DLC and that's wanted by many? That'd just be suspicious and be read quite quickly, whereas a trophy would just be a coverup for him, and/or the other vets shown that have POTENTIAL to be DLC. I'd say that Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Mewtwo having trophies just means that they could bring them back at ANY point in time for DLC, but who they'll pick, if they even do DLC (which is incredibly likely), is a mystery. To me this is just another curve-ball Sakurai has thrown us.
I think Sakurai not including them at all would mean something more then having a trophy.
But that's just my opinion. I would of rather not seen Mewtwo or the others at all.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Here's her in battle model for comparison. Just took the picture, during Training Mode on Golden Plains. Seems a little different, but maybe this one is based on the Varia Suit from previous games. Sakurai said that up until now, the Samus resembled her Super Metroid appearance, with this new model being more in line with Other M.They Could be different.
I got this from gamefaqs and I believe someone confirmed that this is her varia suit :(

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Man Mewtwo's model was awesome. I really like the design they went with. Seeing that in game would have been awesome. There's the smallest chance of DLC but I haven't got any hope left. Anyway guys it was awesome discussing Mewtwo with you.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wish his model looked angrier, like Melee/Project M. He looked much more evil and such there.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Man Mewtwo's model was awesome. I really like the design they went with. Seeing that in game would have been awesome. There's the smallest chance of DLC but I haven't got any hope left. Anyway guys it was awesome discussing Mewtwo with you.
If you wish to not think he'll be left out again, so be it, but I still believe that those trophies are there for a reason (and no, not for deconfirming them).

micstar615

Smash Ace
I love your optimism and your logic is totally fair I just feel like many of us are just really disappointed at this point :( during early ssb4 speculation almost everyone thought that Mewtwo would be a shoo-in. We all expected him and it felt like we had everything going for us. He was winning most popularity polls and was in almost every roster list that fans of the series made. And now to not see him be there is a bit of a blow :( though DLC is a possibility, it makes you wonder "why wasn't the most requested character a priority for Sakurai?" I'd be happy to see Mewtwo as DLC but at this point I think a lot of us are just a little unsure of what to think :/

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I think they are there to deconfirm them. Prove me wrong.
I think they are going to add him as DLC. I can't prove you wrong, but you can't prove me wrong either. There's only a 50/50 shot left, but I'm willing to stay optimistic and open minded.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm not sure if what happened to Toon Link might actually work out for the missing characters; being shown in 'NPC' form before actual confirmation. Not sure if this will happen, but if it did...

Anyways, I'm going to take a break from Smash 4 now. Both theory and playing the game.

I am satisfied with how it plays, and I'm pleased with the starting roster and a majority of the characters confirmed, especially Shulk, since he was my most wanted, second was Little Mac. It was fun coming to SmashBoards to speculate, and supporting Ridley, but now...

Well, I'll be off to read some manga.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I think they are there to deconfirm them. Prove me wrong.
We can't.

But that's the thing. There's no straight up proof of these trophies' purposes; we're all making assumptions that have a chance, regardless of however small, to be proven wrong. We can only think based on evidence at this point, but we can't make any final statements on the matter, as we don't actually have true answers, yet.

Some think these trophies are deconfirmation, others think they throw us through a loop for possible DLC. We don't have an answer or a way to prove either point, therefore both are possible.

This can also be worded as: No one can prove anyone wrong until we have some actual answers.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Those two slots are for Sonic and Tails, we just haven't figured out how to unlock them yet...
Well it did take us 7 years to unlock Master Hand in Melee ;)

But yeaaaah...going to be scared if DLC is deconfirmed. Collecting rations now.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I love your optimism and your logic is totally fair I just feel like many of us are just really disappointed at this point :( during early ssb4 speculation almost everyone thought that Mewtwo would be a shoo-in. We all expected him and it felt like we had everything going for us. He was winning most popularity polls and was in almost every roster list that fans of the series made. And now to not see him be there is a bit of a blow :( though DLC is a possibility, it makes you wonder "why wasn't the most requested character a priority for Sakurai?" I'd be happy to see Mewtwo as DLC but at this point I think a lot of us are just a little unsure of what to think :/
This confusion is what Sakurai loves causing. The reason he wouldn't be in the main game is due to the fact many would go out of their way to buy him back in, whereas if Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr Mario were DLC, it likely wouldn't sell as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom