• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
And just as a PSA to those who like fan art - I've been holding off on making Mewtwo fan art because I wanted to wait until he was revealed, and now it's time to get this ball rolling! Keep your eyes peeled! All the upcoming fan art will be for us Mewtwo supporters!

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
This is very much appropriate.

IN THIS PARTICULAR KEY. (it's higher)

soz4spanishsubs;notmyvideo

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
I'm alittle late, but....

We have done it. After all the speculation, all the naysayers, all the "Mewtwo is irrelevant" opinions, all the fake leaks, etc, etc.....I can safely say now, this coming Spring....

Mewtwo. Strikes Back.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Wow. After watching gema_yue's stream after unlocking True All-Star Mode and Zipzo tweeting about Mewtwo last month. I was crushed.

It's good to be back, and deep down there was a glimmer of hope that my favorite legendary will eventually be playable once again. It's good to be back!

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Mewtwo is a "he" because English indoctrinates us to default to the male pronoun. Going by the track record of recent appearances being accounted for... the one you'll be getting in spring will be a "she."

StarLight42

Smash Lord
This is absolutely awesome news, glad for all the Mewtwo fans! I had a bad feeling Smash 4 would still forget about all the Melee cut characters, i'm so glad I was incredibly wrong.

Well, now we can officially say it.

"MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!"

I'll play as him and use Lucario as my punching bag. ;)

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
You know what this means guys? Mewtwo is back for good. I can't see them taking him out again. It was fan demand that brought him back and its fan demand that will keep him back.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I am so thrilled he is back! I was very pessimistic after all the leaked videos and now that he's here I could not be more happy. :D

Although I do need to find someone who has a 3DS with Smash in order to get him myself as I only have a Wii U lol.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

3DS's lower resolution actually makes him look crueler.

So 3DS Mewtwo is our villain Mewtwo. Wii U Mewtwo is the redeemed Mewtwo. :p

Booster

Smash Lord
For buffs, he should be faster then Pikachu, he is way faster then Pikachu is in the source games, he shouldn't be as slow as he is. Let's forget the anime, Mewtwo's ingame stats are over twice as high as Pikachu's in the games, Mewtwo needs to outclass Pikachu and Charizard in every way possible in order to be respectful to the source games and considering Pokemon is Nintendo's 2nd highest selling series that's kind of important. If Mewtwo is weaker then Pikachu again...

Anyways, have you guys considered that he will have custom moves as well? I'm going to list some based on what he can learn in the games:

Original B: Shadow Ball (Should work like Project M one)
Custom 1: Calm Mind (Works just like Project M Lucas' B Move, in Pokemon it is used in a similar way)
Custom 2: Power Up Punch (Similar to Falcon Punch except Mewtwo's next Smash deals extra damage if it connects)

Original Side B: Confusion (Should work like Project M One)
Custom 1: Psyshock (Should work like Koopa Klaw custom, but breaks shields)
Custom 2: Guard Swap (Must connect, Swaps defensive stats except for Height with opponent, for example gaining Bowser's defense and weight and even armor and Bowser has to use Mewtwo's stats)

Original Down B: Disable (Actually get rid of Disable it's terrible, it may even be worse then Rest)

NEW Original Down B: Power Swap (Must connect, Swaps offensive stats with opponent)
Custom 1: Double Team (Works like Lucario's Double Team except counter attacks have a Shadow effect)
Custom 2: Charge Beam (Chargeable Beam of Electricity YES HE CAN LEARN IT, uncharged has terrible range, normal is normal and after a lengthy charge it deals massive damage in a straight line across the screen)

Original Up A: Teleport (Should work like Project M one)
Custom 1: Super Teleport (Has better recovery but Mewtwo is helpless afterwards)
Custom 2: Multi-Teleport (Teleport doesn't go as far, but can be used 3 times similar to ROB's recovery in Project M

cg0rz152

Smash Rookie
Well, it's been a roller coaster ride for this group. From all the speculation and hoping, to the crushing blows and eventual closure, I had been here observing for most of it. To see this section back is quite satisfying.

Ever since melee when there was an April Fools hoax of Sonic being in the game I had dreamed of a day when I could have both of my favorite characters in one game. When Brawl came out I was sorely disappointed. Now however, I'm overjoyed.

Also, has anyone seen Speed? Can't wait to see his reaction. (Unless I missed it somewhere.)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Remember all these tear jokes?

Heh, looks like karma came around. It ain't over till it's over, folks.

Congrats Mewtwo fans and supporters. I've always wanted to see him return, especially with some tweaks. And I can't wait to see what's in store for him! I made a post about some changes I'd love to see a long time ago. Let me try to dig it up...

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Alright.

So my avatar and sig have been updated with exclusively Mewtwo; thinking about changing my default text to purple for a while as well, but this is pretty hard to see on the P:M theme. (So, green still for now)

Even though my main is Sonic, I'd say Mewtwo is now worthy of giving him a break.

In other news: LET THE TRUE MOVESET SPECULATION BEGIN!

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Kinda weird how much better Mewtwo's 3DS model looks then the Melee one, especially when you consider that *apparently* 3DS is weaker then Gamecube.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Finally! My avatar is no longer a just a dream!

I hereby promise to never again bad mouth Dark Pit. He was but a tiny sliver of this amazing cake that Sakurai has baked for us, and we finally got icing in the form of eveyone's favorite Genetic Pokemon. Plus I think this bodes well for Isaac, Wolf and Lucas. As well as a few others.

Greatest day in Smash 4 speculation history! Mewtwo strikes back!

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Remember all these tear jokes?

Heh, looks like karma came around. It ain't over till it's over, folks.

Congrats Mewtwo fans and supporters. I've always wanted to see him return, especially with some tweaks. And I can't wait to see what's in store for him! I made a post about some changes I'd love to see a long time ago. Let me try to dig it up...

Marvel at my attempts to draw with a touchpad.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
3ds version is the First Movie Mewtwo. WiiU one is the female one. :yeahboi:
Noooooooo Mewtwo is not cute :(

Alright.

So my avatar and sig have been updated with exclusively Mewtwo; thinking about changing my default text to purple for a while as well, but this is pretty hard to see on the P:M theme. (So, green still for now)

Even though my main is Sonic, I'd say Mewtwo is now worthy of giving him a break.

In other news: LET THE TRUE MOVESET SPECULATION BEGIN!
I'm gonna have to remember the ideas I came up with but one thing I'd like to see for sure: A slow (not Ganondorf slow) YET HEAVY Mewtwo with a longer teleport range and more projectiles..

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
A slow (not Ganondorf slow) YET HEAVY Mewtwo with a longer teleport range and more projectiles..
Mewtwo = Lucario / Spacegodzilla = Godzilla?

Slower movement, more heavily ranged moveset? Bonus points if Mewtwo's "melee" attacks show her holding a giant spoon if you pause at the right time. :awesome:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I've wanted Mewtwo back so much. Can I stay here? :nifty:

I, personally, hope that the 3DS model is ripped from X/Y directly. :cool:

Thoughts on a new title? For converting this into the Social/General Discussion.
His Purpose is to Fight! WE SUCCEEDED! MEWTWO COMES BACK! (Last two are linked!)

Personal favorite: Everyone here is poorly trained.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
WE MADE IT GUYS!!! WE DID IT!!!

:150::150::150::150::150::150::150:

I am so relieved to see this thread opened up again, it crushed me when it was closed as I come here pretty much everyday.

The stress, heartbreak and torture of not knowing all led up to this moment, and we pulled through. I hope everybody is as happy as I am.

I don't care at this point if it's femtwo or Mewtwo in Melee. I'm just happy to see Mewtwo getting some love again. Sakurai pulled through... I knew he would!

They did say 'new' fighter on the announcement so it may *possibly* be femtwo. But oh well. Mewtwo is back, that's all that matters and this game is complete!!

I can't wait to see him in HD and play on the 3DS. I need to draw something to celebrate, what a great day!!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You guys are, in my opinion, the most deserving fan base. What a tough cut from Brawl yet y'all stuck with him. Congrats my friends you've earned it. I can only hope Wolf and Snake get the same treatment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom