• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid: Other M

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
This metroid seems to play like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, imo. That game was awesome, so hopefully this one will be too. Glad they're not really rushing it.

Unloading a chargeshot in a monster's skull? That's just win right there. I don't care that she has a voice. That will shut the feminists up at least. I hope the Chozo are still around in this one.

XACE-K

Smash Master
This game looks pretty bada**. Especially the moves Samus pulls off like grabbing an enemy by the head and blasting them. And this being a prequel to Fusion is awesome too.

Darkslash

Smash Master
When Adam said "objections Lady?" I screamed.

One thing that actually makes me feel giddy is that Young Samus Aran looks alot like Arleen Nazon from MS IGLOO 2 vol. 3. Arleen is a bat **** insane Guntank pilot which makes me even more Giddy.

Dohz

Smash Cadet
"Any objections lady?"

That made the video for me. Adam FTW.
Seriously. That quote alone gives me high hopes for this game. It shows that they'll actually pay attention to the Metroid mythos and make a Metroid game all of us fans want, answer some questions, and make it epic. This game is looking amazing. It made me fall in love with Metroid all over again.

Deception

Smash Ace
Psh, Nintendo sucks now-a-days. It takes another company to make their games better.
Except Nintendo is still making this. It's a collaboration project between Team Ninja and Nintendo. Two heads is better than one.

Well, this game seals the deal for me. Nintendo, I'm still going to buy your crap.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Nintendo is like an addiction: You know it isn't good for you, but you can't stop. And they often add more things to get addicted to. That's Iwata'a evil plan. The Vitality sensor speeds up the process by directly injecting the Ninten-drug into your blood stream. This makes you love the games more.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Psh, Nintendo sucks now-a-days. It takes another company to make their games better.
Nintendo's still developing the game, but they're just working with Team Ninja. They did it back in the day with Square Enix and the end result was a success therefore I have high hopes for this game.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Seeing how Team Ninja made Ninja Gaiden, I can't wait to see what kind of close combat moves we'll be able to do with Samus.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Heres to hoping nintendo someday teams up with Squeenix again and makes a sequel to mario RPG :p. And this trailer, this game made me **** my pants when i saw it XD.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
I'm not especially looking forward to Itagaki getting his hands on one of my favourite series, but for the time being I'm willing to believe he won't **** it up.

Voice though? Close combat? I guess I'm just living in the past, but that really plays hell with the general mechanics of Metroid to me. :s

Scott!

Smash Lord
We definitely need to hear more on this game. I'm pretty excited for what little we've heard, but they haven't given us much yet. I'm especially curious as to how all the different viewpoints/perspectives will be incorporated. It's going to be interesting, though, no matter what.

Also, the wordplay in the title amuses me to no end.

Metroid: Other M = M: OM = MOM = Mother Brain? :D

Also, Other M => switch it up => M Other = Mother = Mother Brain again? Hmm :D

황미영

Smash Champion
I don't really think Nintendo is really doing anything. It's more like Nintendo is using them use the Metroid series to make a new game for them. Same thing with Mario RPG and the latest Star Fox games. They just publish it or have any little impact on the game.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I hope there is some good fighting between Bounty Hunters in this. Prime Hunter had great graphics so this should too.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Just one little problem. The Metroid Series is Known for exploration. So far, all we've seen is combat, so are they going to include some Exploration, and how?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The combat is part of the exploration. They're probably just showing the exciting bits. My question is how are they going to create the typical isolated atmosphere? Especially, if there are other people around...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
What is the last Metriod game on a home console that was solely made by Nintendo?
hint: it's on the Super Nintendo

Also, aren't most of the best games on the Wii (well, any Nintendo console) = Nintendo made?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I'm not especially looking forward to Itagaki getting his hands on one of my favourite series, but for the time being I'm willing to believe he won't **** it up.

Voice though? Close combat? I guess I'm just living in the past, but that really plays hell with the general mechanics of Metroid to me. :s
Itagaki isn't part of Team Ninja anymore IIRC.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Agreed on the third-person perspective. It also seems like you can switch to first-person for some shots. Both of which are good ideas.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That's what makes RE so tense. The fact that you can't run and aim. Plus, it would be too easy. It's hard to say which way they'll go with Metroid though.
oh I definitely agree with you in resident evil but some Metroid Prime veterans would probably like to have the first person option though

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just making sure.
I don't think this game will focus on exploration. It seems to me like the main focus will be combat, possibly with quick time events.
which is not necessarily a bad thing Nintendo needed something like this to bring more action lovers to its console, but as being a Metroid fan it really depends on its story to buy me.

황미영

Smash Champion
What is the last Metriod game on a home console that was solely made by Nintendo?
hint: it's on the Super Nintendo

Also, aren't most of the best games on the Wii (well, any Nintendo console) = Nintendo made?
I DUNNO I'M STOOPID! D: Super Metroid. Which was made by Gunpei, and he's now dead! D: It's the same thing with the Zelda series it started out being made by Shigeru now it's being made by Aonuma.

Yup. But very few of them.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
which is not necessarily a bad thing
As a Metroid game, yes, it would be. They need to attract more fans blah blah blah...if they change the game for more fans, it still messes with the game.

Now, I'm not saying anything for sure yet about this game in particular, but if it turns out to eliminate exploration and it's just "OOH BAD*** ATTACKS", I will be very upset. Because saying that it's not necessarily a bad thing if a Metroid game lacks exploration is like saying a Pokemon game isn't necessarily bad if it lacks Pokemon. Yes, exploration is that essential. Otherwise it's some other game with Samus as the main character.

Matt07

Smash Master
Exploration is cool but all that scanning hieroglyphics stuff makes it boring.
I like scanning a lot of stuff, I scan like everything in Metroid Prime 2/3 (I was a total noob back in Metroid Prime 1.) In my opinion it tells you more about the area your exploring, explains some of the background story on the planet, etc.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Exploration is cool but all that scanning hieroglyphics stuff makes it boring.
Yeah, but exploration doesn't automatically mean scanning. The Prime games aren't the only ones that had exploration.

(Though, personally, I thought scanning was a cool concept. And it allowed for sequence breaking in early Prime versions, so that makes me happy. ^-^)

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Yes, exploration is that essential. Otherwise it's some other game with Samus as the main character.
QFT.

Metroid is my favorite series, and I really wouldn't like to see the exploratory side of the game eliminated - if anything, eliminating the shooting would keep the game closer to the Metroid concept.

That doesn't mean it won't be awesome either way (which I expect/hope it will be), it just wouldn't truly be a Metroid game as a pure shooter/action game.

Top Bottom