• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseStriker

Smash Rookie
It could be that they are saving the best for last...but i have to be honest, i hated this litle guy in brawl so much, and with that i still have no problem of him coming back and they are evidences that points him in (like the halberd and the fact that kirby and DDD are already in), but serious nerf must be taken to not ruin anothers ones game AND the online

But i still have a question though, do you guys think he is the most OP character in the history of smash?

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
No, it's hilarious. :3
Frankly, I'm going to laugh if Meta Knight doesn't make it back. That way, all the people who fled to him to win the match in Brawl, will suffer. <3
But what about those who actually liked Metaknight for his character :(

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's a schematic;
Sakurai knows how every VS Meta Knight fight played.
But yet...
he doesn't give him the downward thrust.
That he has in...
EVERY.
SINGLE.
FIGHT.
Hell, even in KIRBY'S EPIC YARN, HE HAS IT.
sakuraipls.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If anything, maybe Meta Knight's :GCA: button attack should become a chargeable Neutral Special: The longer you charge it, the more time he spends hacking away at whatever is close to him. Of course, the tradeoff would have to be a cool down timer.
As for replacing his :GCA: Button standard, it should be swapped out for his Side Tilt. That's what I think of this so far.

Definitely, a nerf might be necessary, but not to drastic.
Sakurai knows how every VS Meta Knight fight played.
But yet...

he doesn't give him the downward thrust.
That he has in...
EVERY.
SINGLE.
FIGHT.
It might work as a good d-air, and the trade off would have to be a 'stall-and-fall'.
Anyways, that's all.

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Tournament rules be cursed! Meta Knight must return, no matter how broken he was in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Here's what Sakurai the goddess of Nintendo fan's dreams need to do:
-UP B MUST CHANGE
-Neutral b (Tornado)'s range needs to be thinner
-Side B only goes one direction, it should go a little up and horizontal
-Bit more lag on aerials and side smash

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I think balanced brawl did pretty well in regards to up-b and neutral b:
  • the knock back growth on shuttle loop (and down smash) was reduced, resulting in a character that can easily rack up damage but has just slightly enough trouble killing that his light weight actually comes into play in his matches.
  • mach tornado pushed opponents away instead of sucking them in, so it no longer was super-effective against large characters (only MOSTLY effective, with proper spacing)
I'm not sure why forward smash should have more lag, it was already kinda easy to powershield?

I don't know what they're going to do with shuttle loop now that there isn't any gliding (maybe he'll fly forwards a little bit and then become helpless.) At any rate, all of metaknight's specials in brawl are recovery moves that put him into helpless mode, an entirely new up-b would probably fall along those lines.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really doubt Meta-Knight's return, as broken as he was in Brawl. Though I am intrigued by the possible Variation attacks he could be given.

If I'm not mistaken, Meta-Knight has had a projectile attack in most Kirby games right? Maybe one of his recovery attacks can get replaced by one of these projectiles. I doubt he needs 3 recovery attacks. As for his Downward Stab, that could be a new Down-Air.

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Where does a projectile attack fit into metaknight's fighting style? Does he really need one? He doesn't really seem like a zoning-type fighting character from his brawl design.

As for the dair change, his current dair is too good to give up and is part of how he can gimp so well. A stall-then-fall would be a downgrade even if it is referential.

edit: didn't he throw his sword as a projectile attack? or was it more like kirby's cutter slash?

Last edited:

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Meta's Sword Beam should come in, but in a similar way to how sword beam worked in triple deluxe, where kirby had to charge the sword beam, fire once, and charge again. I could see meta having a charged projectile like Samus, Greninja, lucario, Mewtwo, etc.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I want metaknight back, i loved the character since kyrby superstar and was very hyped when he got anounced in brawl. But i hate that he is so broken. the worst thing that can happen when liking a character is that it is broken.

Still, if sakurai can overhaul buff bowser, he can overhaul nerf metaknight, it doesn't need to end weak, I don't care if he is top tier, is just not being broken what he needs :c

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that Sakurai is planning to hold back some veterans, due to them potentially getting moveset overhauls. Ganon is likely, Metaknight is likely, Wario is even a bit likely. It's a great way to build hype. Plus, they may have been a bit farther down the development line due to the rework process

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably getting my hopes up over nothing, but as each day passes I'm loosing hope that Meta Knight will return. (Although tbh I'd expect Meta Knight to return before DDD, and he's been confirmed for quite some time now)

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Meta Knight will return, cutting a character because it's OP doesn't solve any problems at all it just pisses off the people who loved that character MK just needs to be nerfed, he'll probably still be very good just not ungodly OP like he was in Brawl, MK was one of the most popular characters in Brawl, for that reason alone I'm sure he'll be returning.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
They're probably holding off on showing Meta Knight because he needs some major work done to him.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I doubt Sakurai would cut one of the Kirby reps. If anything, he would just add one more :p

Can't wait to see Meta Knight back.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I think it's pretty hard to take "And I am Meta Knight, joining the battle!!" as anything but a confirmation. :p The whole thing does warrant some kind of explanation, though.

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
For those who aren't aware, both of these masks are collectible items from Find Mii on 3DS.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I wonder, Scenario start:

Sakurai: Hmm I wonder what those "idiots" at smashboards are doing?
*sees picture of meta knight form SuperNintendoKid*
Sakurai: So he wants meta knight back eh?
Mii with meta knight mask picture*
Me: OHHHHHHH SAKURAI,YOU TROLL.... LOL!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
this is NOT the metaknight that I want :c

At least i'm kinda looking forward to the mii customizations... will I be able to do a Dracula? : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom