• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
So I dunno if it's been said yet, but assuming Meta Knight IS back, a Dark Meta Knight from Triple Deluxe costume would be fantastic, and I'd love to get a costume of him unmasked as well as unmasked MK being a recolor for Kirby. Though I'm not sure anything could convince me to not play as golden MK. If they drop that recolor, I'll be sad.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's what I thought about Marth but look what happend. You guys should be really concerned right now. They could really end up screwing y'all character over.
Marth doesn't look bad, it just looks like his moveset has shifted focus to being more ground oriented.

With that said, every character can become bad. I don't think they're going to overnerf Meta Knight, Sakurai has too much bias to do that, but saying he can't become a bad character isn't true, especially since he's likely to receive somewhat of a rework.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I think metaknight might be getting a pretty good rework. Considering the things that that kirby could do with the sword in Triple Deluxe, there's a lot of new move potential for MK. Mach Tornado can be changed to the charged sword spin, MK could get a sword beam of some sort, and maybe even the sword slam that he has as a boss in every kirby game

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Marth doesn't look bad, it just looks like his moveset has shifted focus to being more ground oriented.

With that said, every character can become bad. I don't think they're going to overnerf Meta Knight, Sakurai has too much bias to do that, but saying he can't become a bad character isn't true, especially since he's likely to receive somewhat of a rework.
That what I thought until I got to actually play him myself. His ground game got nerfed too with the dancing blade nerf. I don't know what he will look like in the final build, but he's not very strong in that demo.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
MK is gonna be one of the "secret characters " like Luigi or Falco. They don't announce, just one day your playing and BAM challenger appears.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if the ground-oriented swordsman is a good sign for an aerial-oriented swordsman (we do already have Pit) or if it's simply the fact that Brawl made characters aerial to begin with, and now they're being balanced between ground and air.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
MK is gonna be one of the "secret characters " like Luigi or Falco. They don't announce, just one day your playing and BAM challenger appears.
I don't think a character that's been a starter before will be secret afterwards.

Well, with the exception of Captain Falcon and Ness, but they were secret first so eh. Fully expecting Wario, Meta Knight and Ice Climbers revealed before the release.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I don't think a character that's been a starter before will be secret afterwards.

Well, with the exception of Captain Falcon and Ness, but they were secret first so eh. Fully expecting Wario, Meta Knight and Ice Climbers revealed before the release.
This Smash game just screams "breaking the mold." It wouldn't surprise me to see veterans go as secret characters.

Especially since newcomers do better for popularity and advertising, and veterans are better suited for hidden characters. That's why most unlockable characters were veterans in Brawl.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I wonder when Sakurai will reveal him. I'm fairly certain he will return, but maybe he is holding off because he is being revamped.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
MK's custom moves * Neutral B

Mach Tornado Varations
1. Mach Tornado: MK's default, rebalanced, ssb4 Mach Tornado.
2. Hurricane: Slight Wind Effect that pushes ppl away.
3. Haymaker Tornado: Can only hit each opponent once during each activation, sending them straight up with medium damage & knockback.
4. Brawl Tornado: :troll:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I wonder when Sakurai will reveal him. I'm fairly certain he will return, but maybe he is holding off because he is being revamped.
I think Sakurai could nerf the Tornado and keep him largely the same, and it would be fine.

I definitely don't want Meta Knight to get the Captain-Falcon-in-Brawl treatment! That was just painful to see ;_;

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai could nerf the Tornado and keep him largely the same, and it would be fine.

I definitely don't want Meta Knight to get the Captain-Falcon-in-Brawl treatment! That was just painful to see ;_;
imo, Aerial Shuttle Loop and Dair should send ppl kinda up instead of straight to the side.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Well meta knight may have a chance tomorrow

(Rumored reveal for tomorrow due to the question mark box.)

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Okay SmashBoards-Mewtwo hopefuls, we're here to speculate in this thread, right? Well, don't make fun of me but while I was taking a break from doing some illustrations (hence the Photoshop writing on the picture below) I was looking at the flier given out at the World Hobby Fair. I wasn't looking for anything in particular when I noticed that there were at least a couple of patterns used for the arrangement of the characters on the flier.

Pattern (A) As you can see, all the Pokemon are equally spaced apart in a pyramid, which might mean it's deliberate. Pikachu, of course, at the top of the pyramid, and below him are 5 boxes with Charizard and Lucario at the ends, and below that is what would be 7 boxes if the Mii Fighters didn't take up 3 spaces; at one end is Greninja, and at the other end is the hidden character.

Pattern (B) As you'll notice, the bottom row of the roster on the first page has 6 boxes. From left to right, there's 5 newcomers and 1 veteran. On the second page, the set up is the same, except instead of a veteran, it's the unrevealed slot.

Pattern (C) Let's just say for the sake of geeky speculation, the number of question marks as a placeholder for a name actually represent the same amount of letters that are in the hidden character's true name. There are 6 question marks. I borrowed this idea from speculations on other forums/commenters/etc. regarding the identity of the hidden character.

So let's connect the dots:

Based on Pattern A, the hidden character is a Pokemon.
Based on Pattern B, the hidden character is a veteran.
Based on Pattern C, the hidden character has 6 letters to his name.

To be clear, my intention wasn't to take this seriously, I just thought it was fun. Could this be proof of something? Even if it's deliberate, it's questionable. So let's just have fun with it yeah?

IT'S FREAKING MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could be Meta Knight too!

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
After seeing Pit's new FS, I think Metaknight could EASILY get a new FS that's similar to Pit's. He could easily use Galacta's 2nd phase moveset from Kirby Wii. Sword Beam wave, Sword Beam wave, Fire pillars, Giant Energy Tornado

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Besides from moveset changes, what do you think Meta Knight will be like from a design perspective? Will he have the darker look like he had in Brawl, or will his design be a little bit more simple like in most previous Kirby games? Tell me what you guys think.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Besides from moveset changes, what do you think Meta Knight will be like from a design perspective? Will he have the darker look like he had in Brawl, or will his design be a little bit more simple like in most previous Kirby games? Tell me what you guys think.
Considering how much more expressive DDD is now, I'd say a more...idk, cartoony (?) metaknight would complete the trio better. The kirby series are full of bright and colorful characters, even the villains, so I think he deserves a more playful treatment rather than a dark one.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Considering how much more expressive DDD is now, I'd say a more...idk, cartoony (?) metaknight would complete the trio better. The kirby series are full of bright and colorful characters, even the villains, so I think he deserves a more playful treatment rather than a dark one.
I agree, and this is one of the reasons I'm pulling for an unmasked Meta Knight alternate costume.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I agree, and this is one of the reasons I'm pulling for an unmasked Meta Knight alternate costume.
Unmasked meta actually has a VERY strong possibility, considering the revealed alt colors and alt models

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I just got the opportunity to play Kirby: Return to Dream Land at a friend's house and I say, that's going to be a great game to pull source material for Meta Knight.

I love his dash animation and attacks in that game and I think they'd work well with him for SSB4, especially seeing how Bowser got new moves.

Since he shares the Dair in Project M in this game [RtDL], I wouldn't mind forgoing Meta Knight's current Dair for that.

Young$$$

The Sell Out Boy
NNID
PsyborgSSB
3DS FC
1891-1345-8774
Since gliding has been cut, I feel like his up special will change. What if the mach tornado became his up special, and to balance it out, it only moved upward, as opposed to being movable in any direction?

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Correction...VERY BADLY
I honestly think he won't be nerfed too badly. I hope you guys take the time to read this, lol. But in my opinion, I think of Meta Knight being nerfed like in Project M, but being balanced with everyone else at the same time. Examples of these are: Slowing down the speed and knock back of his d-smash, decreasing the knock back of Shuttle Loop (perhaps it'll be replaced with a recovery like Pit's new recovery), make his aerials have less zoning abilities, power, and less priority (up-air in specifics), make Mach Tornado more balanced, make his jumps faster and choppy, and decrease overall range of his tilts, specials, and smashes. Factors such as these imo would make him a balanced, yet enjoyable fighter in the new Smash games. :b:

*ALSO: I forgot to add, but his jab will definitely be like in past Kirby games with a finisher, and his down-air will most likely be when he stabs his sword into the ground (like in past Kirby games, and Project M).

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
^You pretty much nerfed everything in that post lol

I like BBrawl's MK: speed and range are all the same, but he simply can't kill without committing.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
That what I thought until I got to actually play him myself. His ground game got nerfed too with the dancing blade nerf. I don't know what he will look like in the final build, but he's not very strong in that demo.
@ grandmaster192 grandmaster192 has a point and just reminded me I should totally make a Princess Azula Mii, Marth was one of the top tiers in Melee, loved him in that game, but his Brawl nerf, its just like @ grandmaster192 grandmaster192 said, and I kind of hated it.

His Shield Breaker used to be worthy of yelling Wind Scar when I spammed it in Melee, but that stab nerf just ruined it, oh and I can't stand that tip of the blade focus, that totally nerfed Marth, as of now, I'm trading in Marth and trying out Lucina instead.

I can only imagine what nerf Metaknight will get, first off the B tornado, the move that's banned, that's getting either nerfed or replaced, his up b will be replaced cause we no longer have gliding mechanics, b left/right needs nerf or maybe even removed and as for be down, that's one move I see them keeping for sure, hoping buffing it a little so it hits easier, I say make this move the new b up.

Metaknight will go though a lot of nerfing, its probably why we have yet to see him, I wonder though, is it possible Metaknight could be cut?

I hope not, but I can't help but wonder.

HazMatt

Smash Rookie
Anybody else getting a little nervous that MK won't make it back in? That roster is filling up fast.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I think he may be unlockable this time around. He's a major Kirby character and the halberd is being shown. He's not getting cut.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't think that Meta Knight will be cut, revamped after his Brawl dominance? Most definitely, but with Kriby being Sakurai's baby as well as the fact that he's a generally popular and more unique character than the other sword fighters I feel his chances of returning for the new Smash are pretty high. Besides who are they going to replace him with? (And don't say Bandanna Dee because while I wouldn't mind seeing him in the game he doesn't exactly measure up to Meta Knight now does he?)

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
With the Halberd remaining, I'd say metaknight is a shoe-in

also, I feel that the kirby series needs 4 reps. Mario, Pokemon, LoZ, and Kirby have pretty much been the ones to represent smash imo, but the kirby series has only had 3 playable fighters, while the others have had at least 5 by now. Not only should MK be returning, but I think another Kirby rep is in order

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
With the Halberd remaining, I'd say metaknight is a shoe-in

also, I feel that the kirby series needs 4 reps. Mario, Pokemon, LoZ, and Kirby have pretty much been the ones to represent smash imo, but the kirby series has only had 3 playable fighters, while the others have had at least 5 by now. Not only should MK be returning, but I think another Kirby rep is in order
Bandanna Dee or did you have other ideas? Cause, personally, I don't see why everyone wants Bandanna Dee so badly. To be fair, my experience with Kirby games includes Kirby's Dream Land, Crystal Shards (a lot), and a brief stint with Tilt n' Tumble way back when. But I'd love to see more Kirby franchise reps as well. I'm just not sure who, aside from maybe Rick, since he's been featured as a trophy before.

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
Bandanna Dee or did you have other ideas? Cause, personally, I don't see why everyone wants Bandanna Dee so badly. To be fair, my experience with Kirby games includes Kirby's Dream Land, Crystal Shards (a lot), and a brief stint with Tilt n' Tumble way back when. But I'd love to see more Kirby franchise reps as well. I'm just not sure who, aside from maybe Rick, since he's been featured as a trophy before.
atm Bandana Dee is the most likely candidate, due to it having more recent appearances and being a main character in a 4 player adventure game.However, as many sword users as there are right now, I'd love to see a Dark Matter from dream land 2 that could use attacks from various final bosses from the kirby franchise. It'd be like Robin, a caster and sword user, but it wouldn't use too many odd and detailed mechanics. It's not likely, but it is a retro character from one of Kirby's earliest games that many people could recognize.

Nick Hartung

Smash Rookie
NNID
NH2000
Warning Received
Plus, Kirby and King Dedede are both confirmed for the new Smash Bros. 4 games, and Meta Knight isn't. either there saving the best for last, or there loosing it and what makes it even more annoying to me is that it's getting really close before they fully reveal all the characters, so really every day is like frustration on if meta knight will make it. Plus, Meta Knight was considered one of the most beloved fighters ever since brawl, it will really really disappoint me if he dosnt make at least one more smash game

Anybody else getting a little nervous that MK won't make it back in? That roster is filling up fast.
You have no idea, he's my ultimate character and I would hate it if he dosnt make it, since it's getting really close till they fully reveal roster

Last edited by a moderator:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Plus, Kirby and King Dedede are both confirmed for the new Smash Bros. 4 games, and Meta Knight isn't. either there saving the best for last, or there loosing it and what makes it even more annoying to me is that it's getting really close before they fully reveal all the characters, so really every day is like frustration on if meta knight will make it. Plus, Meta Knight was considered one of the most beloved fighters ever since brawl, it will really really disappoint me if he dosnt make at least one more smash game

You have no idea, he's my ultimate character and I would hate it if he dosnt make it, since it's getting really close till they fully reveal roster
You're fine, bro. Halberd=Meta Knight confirmed. Besides. The Kirby series is Sakurai's child. He would never think of leaving Meta Knight out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom