• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
forreal lol

ive been posting a lot lately and i miss goin down to that room represented by a lame corruption of ambipom and exeggutor

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I dont know what to talk about in that room LOL holy damn

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I just liked to go around reading sosk's posts.

Then just posted in whatever topic I could relate to.

Which is usually like 4 threads every week or something.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i would sooooo get off in that room if i was in there right now

i just remember not liking teran LOL

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LMFAO

Teran has some legit posts. Then he has some wtf posts.

Actually he has a lot of wtf posts.

When I think of the DR and Teran I just remember that brawl stage they made of him LOL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i think his cockiness rubs me the wrong way because my cockiness is not as bold or well thought out sometimes

my cockiness is a lil more intuitive

im sure hes proud of that though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL i was wondering when u would pop in here

and yeah only the likes of stocking could spice up the DR

needs a stocking theme

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
My brother picked up roy and he's never been happier with smash. roy like wins 2 match-ups roy and pichu and even then it's pretty close XD

UlyssesTheTrojan

Smash Apprentice
When I first started smash Roy was my favorite character (neutral B). I lost my copy, went to a friends house to play and he showed my another character with a "cool" neutral b, Falcon, and I've stuck with him ever since. (I knew about falcon at the time, he just showed me how to play falcon)

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
When I first started smash Roy was my favorite character (neutral B). I lost my copy, went to a friends house to play and he showed my another character with a "cool" neutral b, Falcon, and I've stuck with him ever since. (I knew about falcon at the time, he just showed me how to play falcon)
When I first picked up this game, I played Sheik. (I was 9) and my favorite thing to do was ftilt fair. It's strange. I seem to have this habit of picking up smash games and playing the one of the best characters in the worst way. I picked up Pika when I first played 64, Sheik, who was #1 until 2006 as we all know, and with lolbarlw I first played MK. Then I never played vBrawl again.

On another note: Who's played that Project: M? It's so freaking ridiculous. I feels so similar. Marth and Falco feel like they're the most like they were in Melee.

The Star King

Smash Hero
When I first picked up this game, I played Sheik. (I was 9) and my favorite thing to do was ftilt fair. It's strange. I seem to have this habit of picking up smash games and playing the one of the best characters in the worst way. I picked up Pika when I first played 64, Sheik, who was #1 until 2006 as we all know, and with lolbarlw I first played MK. Then I never played vBrawl again.
I have the same tendency of picking up good characters, even before I know of the game's competitive scene.

Pikachu in 64, Space Animals in Melee, MK in Brawl.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I have the same tendency of picking up good characters, even before I know of the game's competitive scene.

Pikachu in 64, Space Animals in Melee, MK in Brawl.
I know, it's freaking strange, isn't it? And I always loved DL in 64, and FD in Melee.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I have the habit of picking the smallest charcter in the game now that i think about it. when I 1st played a street fighter it was like SF3 aplha or something I picked sakura automatic and didn't want to change. when I first played melee I picked kirby/ ice climbers ice climbers first because a single climber is very small.

then I dropped kirby for puff and picked pichu over pikachu nearly always for a few reasons but one being was because pikachu is so d*** fat. brawl came out after disappontment in ice climbers I when olimar/pikmin but wierdly when to ddd. in bushido blade I play as this guy he is a light weight blewn around by the wind and stuff and this one girl is a little smaller. but are much smaller than the rest of the cast.

in ssb puff is my main. I looked at capcom vs tsybvqby asain name and I looked at roll. it was then I reliazed I always go for small charcters.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Super wavedashing is surprisingly easy.

You just go back and forth as soon as the ball touches the ground! Why do people have to make it sound so confusing with this "frame 40" stuff?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
unless you FF. also superwavedadhing is mad hard try to do it by reflex. Try not to let some tech skill depend totally on sight because some stages could mess with it like if they are on the top platform or if they are far away falling high trying to recover it's hard to get the same good angle of the stage.

Geist

Smash Master
How do youSWD by reflex?
It doesn't really take over half a second to realize you bombed.

Or do you mean to implement it into a match on command?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
How do youSWD by reflex?
It doesn't really take over half a second to realize you bombed.

Or do you mean to implement it into a match on command?
I used to do some tech skill as pichu up-B stuff purely from sight to know if I did it right but now I or maybe not I haven't been playing pichu only so much, but I could perfect up-B without aid of sight and that helped me do it by reflex with was mad useful in some cases. like powersheild to up-B after them.

to do on command is also useful and important for any tech skill.

perfect pfff it's simply the limit you set before yourself. if I said do a perfect SDw you may do a SWD, then FF to speed it up, then use it in combos/mindminds/edge gaurd, then you may do it with one hand so you can play another match at the same time. then do it was green/purple samus. if you can't think of anything esle you now know your mind is limited and it isn't perfect. because you could also have your controller plugged in.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
As long as you can see Samus in a little ball well enough, it's not that hard. I can land 1/3 of them that way, and I just started today.

Memorizing the timing would suck...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree, Sveet.

Also, I can do the SWD, but not as consistently as the Up b cancel lol.

Top Bottom