• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
Are you asking me what I do personally? Or how to do it? There are a bunch of ways if you're trying to figure out. The easiest way is to use Ocarina Code Manager (Search for it on Google) combined with a program Mewtwo2000 made called... GCT Fusionizer. Search for that one as well. And there are tutorials all around (maybe even in this P:M Customized Content Forum.
Sfx work great! Love Mario's star ko scream lol

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
OOH, OOOH!!!! CHUCK WILD SPECULATION TIME!!!!
I'm guessing Ness SFX, Menu SFX, and Announcer SFX. I have a feeling this isn't as wild as I make it seem...

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Obviously Ness SFX and Announcer SFX...Electrical sfx fixed (finally ;) ) haha! kidding. I am thinking the Announcer is 2 of the 3 things (meaning, announcing the name of the character and beginning and ending the match).

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Obviously Ness SFX and Announcer SFX...Electrical sfx fixed (finally ;) ) haha! kidding. I am thinking the Announcer is 2 of the 3 things (meaning, announcing the name of the character and beginning and ending the match).
Almost again lol. I will say that the announcer things count as one. And that once I've finally fixed everything you should actually be able to hear when doods get the shogun kaiyo.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I've got some goodies coming!
I have to say that these SFX hacks are awesome, it gives a more Melee feel, but i noted that there is one sounds that made Melee powerful attacks, feel powerful, to be exactly, this sound is the 19, in the next video you can hear it in 00:31

You may know that this sound is heared when you hit someone with a powerful attack and who receive the attack is like 100% aprox. of damage. I would like if you maybe add this sound to the SFX pack, you know, it will add more Melee feel, anyways, keep doing this good job, im looking forward to updates! :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I have to say that these SFX hacks are awesome, it gives a more Melee feel, but i noted that there is one sounds that made Melee powerful attacks, feel powerful, to be exactly, this sound is the 19, in the next video you can hear it in 00:31

You may know that this sound is heared when you hit someone with a powerful attack and who receive the attack is like 100% aprox. of damage. I would like if you maybe add this sound to the SFX pack, you know, it will add more Melee feel, anyways, keep doing this good job, im looking forward to updates! :)
Yep there are actually multiples of those (lighter/different sounding versions) and that is one of the things I reeeeeeeaaally wanted to add. Unfortunately I'm unable to add that sound in (I have of course tried lol). The reason being that there simply isn't a way to make it play when getting hit at certain percentages, with certain attacks, etc. Tried adding them in with the super die screams for each character... but it's not the same. You only hear them when someone actually yelps, which for some reason is not that often. (Not often enough in P:M imo). Even tried replacing the "wooshy" sounds that play when you're in tumble mode for an extended period of time... still didn't work. They play waaaay too late lol

Now if there were someone with some awesome coding abilities that could help me out with a code to make the three different sound effects (actually really only need 2 of them) play when you get hit with attacks at between certain percentages, below, above, whatever, or when your character receives a certain amount of knockback or whatever... Idk. I ain't no expert with the codes! lol... But if someone could do that, then we'd be in business. I'd have to empty some spots in the .brsar and figure out what the sfx id's are, but I definitely wanna do it... Maybe I should like... advertise this somewhere? Any help / guesses?

Edit: Also glad I'm not the only one who really wants those sounds in somehow lol. It would definitely top off the hit sfx for P:M

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Yep there are actually multiples of those (lighter/different sounding versions) and that is one of the things I reeeeeeeaaally wanted to add. Unfortunately I'm unable to add that sound in (I have of course tried lol). The reason being that there simply isn't a way to make it play when getting hit at certain percentages, with certain attacks, etc. Tried adding them in with the super die screams for each character... but it's not the same. You only hear them when someone actually yelps, which for some reason is not that often. (Not often enough in P:M imo). Even tried replacing the "wooshy" sounds that play when you're in tumble mode for an extended period of time... still didn't work. They play waaaay too late lol

Now if there were someone with some awesome coding abilities that could help me out with a code to make the three different sound effects (actually really only need 2 of them) play when you get hit with attacks at between certain percentages, below, above, whatever, or when your character receives a certain amount of knockback or whatever... Idk. I ain't no expert with the codes! lol... But if someone could do that, then we'd be in business. I'd have to empty some spots in the .brsar and figure out what the sfx id's are, but I definitely wanna do it... Maybe I should like... advertise this somewhere? Any help / guesses?

Edit: Also glad I'm not the only one who really wants those sounds in somehow lol. It would definitely top off the hit sfx for P:M
Haha, thanks; If only someone appears and make this happen.... imagine all these sounds there, giving a better Melee feel overall, i think it is possible, maybe someone from Project M hehe.
Also i was thinking that replacing that woosh sound would work, i wasnt the only one.
Too bad the only thing i can do is doing BRSTMs :sadeyes:
Hope someone with good codings abilities appears.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Sorry if this has already been addressed or is a known issue but Luigi's tornado is ripped straight from Mario's in Melee. I know in Melee Luigi's voice is just Mario's speed up, but I could've sworn Luigi had his own SFX for it. It urks the hell out of me every time I hear it, that and his "new" Dair is extremely loud compared to the rest of his SFX.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Sorry if this has already been addressed or is a known issue but Luigi's tornado is ripped straight from Mario's in Melee. I know in Melee Luigi's voice is just Mario's speed up, but I could've sworn Luigi had his own SFX for it. It urks the hell out of me every time I hear it, that and his "new" Dair is extremely loud compared to the rest of his SFX.
He shouldn't actually have a sound effect for his tornado. His voice clip for it is correct for me though. Plays his "Yahoo!" clip. As for Dair... idk lol I'll check it out.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Melee Ganondorf SFX is cool but it is possible to put his "thiegh" sound he does when he jumps like in Melee, also one of his "hit hard screams" sounds when hes not hit "so hard" heres an example at 3:34 (back throw)

Good Job anyways!

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
He shouldn't actually have a sound effect for his tornado. His voice clip for it is correct for me though. Plays his "Yahoo!" clip. As for Dair... idk lol I'll check it out.
It's correct.
Did you get the N64 hit effects yet :reverse:?

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Actually I'm working on it, for Reality 64. In other words, maybe not, because he's got three other sound effects that are being worked on, but that's just me. :ohwell:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
^ Ya sluigi said he's working on it, so I didn't bother with it...

On another note... I am in need of a serious donation in willpower... I cannot for the life of me put Pokemon X down to update those things! The funny thing is everything is almost done... I just have to make a few minor changes to 2 of the things... and the one other thing I'm trying to fix has been giving me a bit of trouble... which also motivates me to play Pokemon instead of racking my brain trying to fix it... Lol. BUT FEAR NOT! I will have the things released soon! (And maybe some bonus things... a very VERY 'maybe' maybe... lol)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
^ Ya sluigi said he's working on it, so I didn't bother with it...

On another note... I am in need of a serious donation in willpower... I cannot for the life of me put Pokemon X down to update those things! The funny thing is everything is almost done... I just have to make a few minor changes to 2 of the things... and the one other thing I'm trying to fix has been giving me a bit of trouble... which also motivates me to play Pokemon instead of racking my brain trying to fix it... Lol. BUT FEAR NOT! I will have the things released soon! (And maybe some bonus things... a very VERY 'maybe' maybe... lol)

Just finish Pokemon X. Problem solved. Seriously, take your time. Also you may want to consider reaching out to the PMBR to make sure you aren't wasting your time with some/all of this project. I'm pretty certain that they don't plan on replacing everyone's voices (if anyone, honestly) but with the Melee vets returning and RSBE confirmed for the next update you may be able to save yourself a bit of time by figuring out their intentions. More likely than not nobody is stepping on anyone else's feet, but better safe than sorry, yeah?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Just finish Pokemon X. Problem solved. Seriously, take your time. Also you may want to consider reaching out to the PMBR to make sure you aren't wasting your time with some/all of this project. I'm pretty certain that they don't plan on replacing everyone's voices (if anyone, honestly) but with the Melee vets returning and RSBE confirmed for the next update you may be able to save yourself a bit of time by figuring out their intentions. More likely than not nobody is stepping on anyone else's feet, but better safe than sorry, yeah?
This is definitely a good idea... Any idea who the best person would be to ask about such things?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
What are the odds that you would be able to make a version of Luigi with Melee SFX on his attacks, but with his Brawl voice? If it's too much trouble, I understand, but it'd be great if he had the harder hitting sounds while still maintaining the individuality that Brawl gave him.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
That would be awesome, you could even put the sound i mentioned a few pages ago, with help of the PMBR.
That would be the greatest! Heheh

What are the odds that you would be able to make a version of Luigi with Melee SFX on his attacks, but with his Brawl voice? If it's too much trouble, I understand, but it'd be great if he had the harder hitting sounds while still maintaining the individuality that Brawl gave him.
I've already planned to do that from the beginning. Since I know that a lot of people would like Melee SFX with Brawl Voices on at least a few characters. (I personally like Bowser's Brawl voice more than Melee's... Probably the only one for me haha)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've already planned to do that from the beginning. Since I know that a lot of people would like Melee SFX with Brawl Voices on at least a few characters. (I personally like Bowser's Brawl voice more than Melee's... Probably the only one for me haha)
Awesome. If there were a Bowser combined with Shun's Showtime Bowser, it could be the ultimate Bowser.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
That would be the greatest! Heheh

Yeah that's the only one for me also. Also when I'm asking for 64 sfx I only mean the hit ting sfx you don't need to go through the trouble of getting the announcer and character voices. I just really love the 64 hit sounds because it sounds like you're punching someone lol

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I don't know if I did something wrong or if it's on purpose, but Marth's nair whiffs are backwards (like, in the wrong order). It's not even a big deal, but if you were unaware of that...but you are now.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I don't know if I did something wrong or if it's on purpose, but Marth's nair whiffs are backwards (like, in the wrong order). It's not even a big deal, but if you were unaware of that...but you are now.
Meant to respond to this forever ago. You are correct! I checked it in Melee and it is definitely backwards lol... Feck! I'll fix it soon!

Any update? :D
^ Those things. Plus other things. And then an extra thing. I'm gonna try to have all of these things done by tomorrow at 4PM!! Someone take Pokemon away from me so I can keep that promise lol

Edit: Actually... better yet. Someone point me to how to install virtual SD + P:M on Dolphin.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Erm....I wish I knew how to do that. And I am hoping for many thing....good things from you. Thanks man!

Top Bottom