• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mysterious Potato

Smash Cadet
so, with all honesty, the brawl mario voice clip for his entrance doesn't fit in with his melee voice
but overall loving the new stuff amazerommu keep it up! :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
so, with all honesty, the brawl mario voice clip for his entrance doesn't fit in with his melee voice
but overall loving the new stuff amazerommu keep it up! :)
Hmm I thought I'd replaced that for some reason... I don't remember who (and don't feel like looking through these past posts), but somebody suggested that it be changed to his Melee "Here we gooooo!" clip, which is what I was going to do.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
How do I put the RSBE code into the .gct?
There's already an unmodified P:M 2.6 .gct in the Melee SFX download that includes RSBE. But to do it yourself, you can use Ocarina Code Manager, GCT Edit or GCT Fusionizer. You can search here or Google for them, or KC-MM / BrawlVault.

Do you need the FitCharacter file if you are using the RSBE method and if you do is it possible to use the Melee Mario sound effects and the Mario Flame Fair from this link: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-forward-air-aesthetics.339123/#post-15781164 together?
Holy crap! I didn't even know that existed. Looks pretty cool, and very fitting for Mario. However, creating this would require me making a completely new FitMario.pac file included in the download. I don't have time to do it right now, but I will definitely make one that includes that effect pretty soon cause I wanna use it myself! Heheh.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
There's already an unmodified P:M 2.6 .gct in the Melee SFX download that includes RSBE. But to do it yourself, you can use Ocarina Code Manager, GCT Edit or GCT Fusionizer. You can search here or Google for them, or KC-MM / BrawlVault.

Holy crap! I didn't even know that existed. Looks pretty cool, and very fitting for Mario. However, creating this would require me making a completely new FitMario.pac file included in the download. I don't have time to do it right now, but I will definitely make one that includes that effect pretty soon cause I wanna use it myself! Heheh.
I've been wondering how to add that in myself, since your Melee SFX pack is fantastic. With that super fire punch, it would feel like the ferocious Mario and audibly accurate Mario in Project M.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I've been wondering how to add that in myself, since your Melee SFX pack is fantastic. With that super fire punch, it would feel like the ferocious Mario and audibly accurate Mario in Project M.
If I recall correctly, it only involves adding an external graphical effect to his fair. I'll have to double check later. Gonna be leaving in a few minutes and won't be back until later tonight.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, it only involves adding an external graphical effect to his fair. I'll have to double check later. Gonna be leaving in a few minutes and won't be back until later tonight.
I saw this before and was going to bring this up to the CE group. Glad you're excited about it!

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Hm, I like em so far, just got fix Ganondorf's new utilt.

As a side note, I don't know about the others but i would prefer is the sound that characters make when they dash is removed, it kinda annoys me XD

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hm, I like em so far, just got fix Ganondorf's new utilt.

As a side note, I don't know about the others but i would prefer is the sound that characters make when they dash is removed, it kinda annoys me XD
Yeah I mentioned before that it's actually not supposed to be near as loud as it is. I just haven't fixed it yet. The way it's supposed to be is during matches you should barely be able to hear it, if at all.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Okay, so before I start replacing the sound files of the individual characters, I tried to just put in the original melee attack sfx with no luck. I'm just confused on the instructions I guess.

I'm using a hackless Wii. I've learned a bit about putting in custom character textures and background music, but I can't seem to get the Melee sfx to work. Which files do I put in what folder? Do I replace the RSBE01.gct file with the one that says "Sound Replacement Code" or the one that just has the RSBE01 name? I made an sfx folder in pf and put the 7.bnk file in there, but I'm still hearing brawl sounds. I also have the smashbros_sound.brsar ready with the basic Melee sfx set up on it, but I tried putting it in the "sound" folder in pf and even in the strm folder and neither worked.

tl;dr What files do I need where again? I'm confused. I just wanna hit stuff with a sword and make it sound like melee.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Okay, so before I start replacing the sound files of the individual characters, I tried to just put in the original melee attack sfx with no luck. I'm just confused on the instructions I guess.

I'm using a hackless Wii. I've learned a bit about putting in custom character textures and background music, but I can't seem to get the Melee sfx to work. Which files do I put in what folder? Do I replace the RSBE01.gct file with the one that says "Sound Replacement Code" or the one that just has the RSBE01 name? I made an sfx folder in pf and put the 7.bnk file in there, but I'm still hearing brawl sounds. I also have the smashbros_sound.brsar ready with the basic Melee sfx set up on it, but I tried putting it in the "sound" folder in pf and even in the strm folder and neither worked.

tl;dr What files do I need where again? I'm confused. I just wanna hit stuff with a sword and make it sound like melee.
Alright for the hackless version of Project M, all you need to do is use the RSBE01.gct that includes the Sound Replacement code. After that, all you have to do is put the #.bnk file into 'pf/sfx' and replace the FitFighter.pac file with the one in the download, making sure to rename it. 'FitMeleeLink.pac' would be renamed to 'FitLink.pac' and will replace that same file in 'pf/fighter/link'

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Alright for the hackless version of Project M, all you need to do is use the RSBE01.gct that includes the Sound Replacement code. After that, all you have to do is put the #.bnk file into 'pf/sfx' and replace the FitFighter.pac file with the one in the download, making sure to rename it. 'FitMeleeLink.pac' would be renamed to 'FitLink.pac' and will replace that same file in 'pf/fighter/link'
I got it to work. This is awesome thanks!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Son of a... Darn you PMBR! I want a changelog so I know what I have to change... lol

Ya I'll have those worked up in a jiff. I wonder if they made any changes to .pac files that are already done here.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Son of a... Darn you PMBR! I want a changelog so I know what I have to change... lol

Ya I'll have those worked up in a jiff. I wonder if they made any changes to .pac files that are already done here.
I've noticed that most have at least been modified. I don't know in what manner, but I've had to change my pacs so far. Hopefully all of your SFX bnks that I've used will still work without your pacs for the time being.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I've noticed that most have at least been modified. I don't know in what manner, but I've had to change my pacs so far. Hopefully all of your SFX bnks that I've used will still work without your pacs for the time being.
Oh they'll work...ish. Some of the sounds will be completely out of place lol

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Things and such have all been done to update these things for latest things released by the PMBR.

In English... All SFX and GCT's have been updated for P:M 2.6b. The only character that wasn't changed at all was Donkey Kong so you won't have to redownload his SFX. Enjoy!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Pretty speedy updates, Amaze.

Real reason I came?...Is that a G Gundam reference I see?
Oh my gawd that wasn't even the intention! So much nostalgia is happening right now... lol

Edit: In case you couldn't tell... I am quite a fan of the Gundam series'

... some of them anyway. Heheh

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Does anybody know exactly what 2.6b changed? I spent a good deal of time floundering about to get my SD card the way I like it and I'd rather not muck everything up.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Does anybody know exactly what 2.6b changed? I spent a good deal of time floundering about to get my SD card the way I like it and I'd rather not muck everything up.
Most of the characters were changed... Small fixes... I guess there were some things they overlooked in quite a few characters... small things I'd imagine. The .gct was changed as well. Some stages too... FD was changed AGAIN! As for what these changes are... I have no idea. I only know of these files that were changed courtesy of Libertyernie's computer skillz.

Edit: Ninja Dmick posted the thing I was looking for! lol

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Most of the characters were changed... Small fixes... I guess there were some things they overlooked in quite a few characters... small things I'd imagine. The .gct was changed as well. Some stages too... FD was changed AGAIN! As for what these changes are... I have no idea. I only know of these files that were changed courtesy of Libertyernie's computer skillz.

Edit: Ninja Dmick posted the thing I was looking for! lol
There's a changelist in the P:M General Discussion forum. I'll edit this post and link it in a second.

EDIT: Here it is.

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-demo-2-6b-released-changelist-up.340142/

Haha I think I just saw the post first. I have the mobile app and I get a yellow light for updates, so it doesn't take long.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm probably just going to replace all the character files and leave everything else in it's 2.6 form until I hear something that makes me think that I have to upgrade. I spent way too much time trying to figure out how to make a gct with rsbe, cBliss, and a stage texture randomizer to have to go through it all again.

On topic, does anyone else think that Falco may be a smidgen too quiet? I can't tell if it's my custom music or the new sound clips, but I can hardly hear the guy.

Edit: And for the record, I know about the change list, but that's 2.5-2.6b, not 2.6-2.6b, which is what I'm interested in.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Hey so just double checking here because of similar things with Trojan, the files in your brawlvault eg. FitMeleeKoopa.pac are up to date for 2.6b? The biggest reason I ask is because the Last Edited date is a while ago on some of them.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey so just double checking here because of similar things with Trojan, the files in your brawlvault eg. FitMeleeKoopa.pac are up to date for 2.6b? The biggest reason I ask is because the Last Edited date is a while ago on some of them.
Ya they're updated. The links are updated, I just haven't updated BrawlVault to reflect this yet.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
So is anyone else having problems with the updated files? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...but some of the sound effects are out of place. It has to be some small detail I'm overlooking because I've already successfully used these sfx in 2.5, 2.5b, and 2.6. I miss them :(

I know this is very vague but I don't know what to tell you. Is there a size limit that will not allow certain hacks/mods to take place? Maybe that could be it?

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
I have been using them for the past day or so and they have been fine, but when 2.6b came out I added everything back from scratch.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Nevermind...I fixed my issue, but in a weird way. I'm using the riivolution method...and once all the sfx files were injected, I'd eventually make a folder called movesets in which all of the .pacs would go. This worked for the previous versions of pm...even the original 2.6. This time, for 2.6b to work, I went into the original fighter files and replaced all of the respective fightercharacter.pacs. It's weird that it's working this way. Since I don't know much about this stuff...I'm guessing I may have misspelled the word "movesets" or something because they just weren't working. Anyway, I shall enjoy them now :)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Gewd. I figured it was something to do with the .pac files. And yeah for Riivolution I usually go ahead and replace them in the 'fighter' folder anyway because some people have had problems in the past where hacks in those folders (music, movesets, textures) don't work. Like they won't all not work... just some of them won't... It's weird. Hacks are weird...

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Aaand Smashboards is back, baby! So, what's next on the agenda, should I be so bold as to ask (again...for, like, the 4th time during the duration of this project...because I'm impatient and always like knowing what's going on)

Top Bottom