• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doq

Smash Lord
Do you know how to edit the knockback of when someone is thrown? Like Mario bthrow for ex. There is nothing that shows up to let me edit the knoclback
I do not/can't remember, sorry :c
oh wow

I just got the announcer voices working and my god that applause is weak when the game is over

I had no idea there was that little applause

Unrelated note, is anybody working on a Smash 64 sound pack? Because that would be awesome.
I believe sluigi is for Reality 64

Kati

Smash Lord
I think he is as well, but the team is lacking members, so he might be busy with too many other things. Direct psa users to that project please!

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Well before I knew another way of doing it... it would take about an hour or 2 per character. Now it should take hopefully less than 15 minutes per dood (thanks to Nausicaa for sort of helping me to figure it out). So pretty much on Day 1 of release I ought to be able to have them out (or Day 2 depending on PMBR usual lag lol... or Day 3 depending on if I can break away from the awesomeness that's gonna be 3.0 with all characters PLUS Turbo Mode. No promises but I'll try my best haha)

Best news all day.

Fortress

Smash Master
Hey, Zero, tell me what you think about this. A 'meleefied' Brawl announcer for character calls. Put some sort of filter over his voice to make him more comparable to the Melee announcer. Don't know if you can capture the excitement in his voice, but, the call for 'Dorf is done much better in Brawl in my opinion; so much darker.

Oh, and the whole point of that would be so that the Melee and Brawl calls could be with one another more, I dunno, 'cleanly'.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious about something. In project m, Ness doesn't always shout "pk fire" when using it. I'm wondering if you will change it so that he always shouts it, or not. I don't really care either way, just curious lol

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm curious about something. In project m, Ness doesn't always shout "pk fire" when using it. I'm wondering if you will change it so that he always shouts it, or not. I don't really care either way, just curious lol
They can change it if they want; for example, they removed Lucas calling it when they changed his PK Fire to PK Freeze.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Wooooooooooooooo everything's working, thanks a lot, IE. I'm really enjoying the whole pack. I guess I was trying to do a combination of making the riivilution and something other work, but I just needed to get the right RSBE.01.gct. So, yeah... everything's working! I really missed the energetic "GAAAAAME!" of the old announcers, but, was surprised at how lifeless the crowd is when they clap during the score screen victory call. I don't remember them ever clapping so much. So, I guess my vote has to go towards announcements and the crowd for the next time this is worked on.
I noticed the clapping too...I don't really like it. Overall, I just don't think the announcer fits in very well, but I didn't really want it in to begin with so it's not a big deal to me.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I noticed the clapping too...I don't really like it. Overall, I just don't think the announcer fits in very well, but I didn't really want it in to begin with so it's not a big deal to me.
I've also noticed the clapping is Tee Are Bee El... I might revert that back to Brawl clap. Or I might just reuse another Melee clip that doesn't sound completely empty.

Edit: Also JUST NOW figured out that you CAN actually change the color scheme of SmashBoards... Unless it's something they just added... which I feel like it's definitely not...

Fortress

Smash Master
Pleeeease add some great clapping. Or, get a little bit of sound from a tournament or something of people getting ****ing hyped.

On second thought, get some people from EVO, BH3, or wherever that are getting ****ing hyped and put them in. Or, just get the PMBR to lose their minds for that, and add their own voices to the game. Heh, that'd be a neat little touch.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
See for yourself... in about 30 minutes? That's about when the preview will be done uploading.

^ Meaning Ness is available finally. Magic hits are not fixed yet. Will work on that eventually!

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Update (11/24/2013): Melee Ness is up! Zelda and Sheik coming soon! SFX 3.0 Poll is gonna go until release date of P:M. So if you don't like the order in which these doodz get done and haven't voted yet. DEW EEEET!

Also Poll: Vote for 3.0 characters to do first. Get 2 votes. "First, Second" <-- That format

Ex. "Yoshi, Ice Climbers"

Melee SFX 3.0 Poll Totals:

Samus: 3
Kirby: 3
Yoshi: 2
ICs: 1

Introduction: Now that I've found my copy of Melee, I plan on going through and basically making all of the Project M characters into Melee versions, with correct/appropriate Melee sfx and for the veteran Melee characters, perfect Melee voices (or as close as they can get given Brawl parameters). All characters will have video previews.

General Instructions:
Riivo / ISO: Open your 'smashbros_sound.brsar' file with Super Sawndz and insert the .sawnd pack for whatever character into the brsar and then throw it onto your SD Card or Brawl ISO (probably a bit more difficult since the size limitations are a bit more strict). For Riivolution you'll have to add a line of code into the xml file (you can edit it using Notepad) for the Project M section. Example:

<file external="/brawlmods/projectm/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar" disc="/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar" />

If putting it where the instructions tell you to place it, change the 'file external' location to this:

"/brawlmods/projectm/sound/strm/smashbros_sound.brsar"

Gecko OS: If you're using that there new-fangled RSBE (Love the name, 'Replacement SoundBank Engine'), all you have to do is add the RSBE Code to your Project M RSBE01.gct code file (one included now with changes for Melee perfect shielding), create a folder named 'sfx' in the "private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" folder and then copy the .bnk files included with each download into that folder. After that, do those things below with the FitDood.pac.

The FitMelee[Name].pac file included with each download will need to be renamed to Fit[Name].pac and placed into the respective characters folder on your SD Card. The only thing changed about the PSA's is the sfx associated with the attacks. These are still official Project M movesets.

Ex. "FitMeleeMario.pac" renamed to "FitMario.pac"

NOTE: If you're using Gecko OS or hackless Project M, follow these instructions here. A .gct with this code is already included. Just copy the .bnk files to your sfx folder, then replace your FitCharacter.pac with the one in the download.

Melee SFX Project:

Melee SFX Pack:
Requires downloading Melee SFX here to fully work (includes SuperSawndz):

The included RSBE01.gct files are necessary for the Melee Perfect Shield sound effect to work properly. The one labeled '[Sound Replacement Code]' includes the change for Melee Perfect Shield as well as supporting RSBE. This is the original 2.6 codeset for Project M. It only required editing 2 lines of the Project M code which in no way affect gameplay. It literally only changes the sound effects associated with Shield Reflecting projectiles. However if you added code to your own GCT file, you'll have to add them back to whichever one of these you use.

And here is a link to the necessary smashbros_sound.brsar file: Download

Projectm.xml (This is here for those who want to be able to use their own custom textures with Riivolution without having to go through a whole lot of typing and adding lines to the xml file... Although this is kind of obsolete now since Gecko users can now use these sound effects. Also updated for 2.6)

[collapse=Melee Bowser v2.6b]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33478&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee C. Falcon v2.6b]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31528&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Donkey Kong v2.6b]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31950&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Falco v2.6b] Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33580&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Fox v2.6b]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32031&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Ganondorf v2.6b]Video Preview:
Added some Melee sounds to Ganon's new Up Tilt for 2.6. Hopefully you all like them!

The video below shows \Apples' Melee Ganon model with my sfx pack. Pretty sweet, yes?
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31661&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Link v2.6b]Video Preview:
If you use the alternate 'FitSpinLink.pac' you get this nice little change to his Spin Attack:

(Oh and that's a blue overlay if you're wondering why he looks like that)
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31508&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Luigi v2.6b]Video preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31833&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Mario v2.6b]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31521&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Marth v2.6b]Video Preview:
This download also includes a .pac file for a dynamic Dancing Blade, basically meaning Marth changes colors based on your input instead of the normal unchanging red, green, blue, red pattern.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31632&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Ness v2.6b]Video Preview:
There is one thing that isn't completely Melee duplicated for Ness... And that is his D-Smash. The sound it makes when it is charged is correct, but when you don't charge it at all, the sound effect that is supposed to play is stopped halfway through... I haven't been able to figure out how to fix that as of yet.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35061&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Peach v2.6b]Video Preview:
I ended up leaving the heart sfx the same. I could change them to have the extra "Smack!" sound that is usually there in Melee, on top of the heart sound, if everyone felt it to be more appropriate. Also NOTE: The video has Peach's Melee aerial jump sound for every time she turns. This is fixed so you should not experience this in game.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31791&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Pikachu v2.6b]Video Preview:
Please tell me if Pikachu's voice needs to be boosted any. Some of the clips sounded a little low to me but other than that it's alright. Pikachu's new Up Taunt is pretty cool now I think. Uses an unused voice clip from Melee.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31850&Vault=audio[/collapse]
Ok so there's a gct for PM can you make one for Brawl -? I can't find brawl - with the RSBE engine anywhere.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Those electricity effects. Not to be picky, but my god do they need fixing. They barely make any sound at all. Are there future plans to fix those and make them more, I don't know how to describe it, "crispy" sounding? That Ness fair used to be pretty satisfying to hit with in Melee, but it's just

I don't know

man I don't know

you've done such an excellent job with everything so far so it's hard to be overly critical, but man do I miss those lightning sounds.

that ness twinkle sound is perfect by the way props

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Those electricity effects. Not to be picky, but my god do they need fixing. They barely make any sound at all. Are there future plans to fix those and make them more, I don't know how to describe it, "crispy" sounding? That Ness fair used to be pretty satisfying to hit with in Melee, but it's just

I don't know

man I don't know

you've done such an excellent job with everything so far so it's hard to be overly critical, but man do I miss those lightning sounds.

that ness twinkle sound is perfect by the way props
Of course I plan on fixing those. Lol why wouldn't I? That's gonna happen when I figure out how to change all the hit SFX for everybody. The correct sounds are there. The files just use different ones. If any of you recall, there were no actual 'magic' hit SFX in Melee as there are in Brawl. And most of Zelda's, Ness's and Lucas's attacks use these magic hits which will have to be changed to electric hits, which is what they use in Melee. The problem is there isn't a resource that tells me what Hex digits go to which sound effect for the Flag ID's of each thingy. I have to figure those out myself and just decided it would be better to make that the last thing I do (to be able to get characters done in a more timely (if you can call what I'm doing 'timely' in the first place lol)) manner. Cause basically I mess with some numbers plug and test what happens, record the info... Lather, rinse, blah blah blah

Edit: Also Thanks! Zelda's sounds will be just as gewd. Just you wait. Lol

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Yo I know you're gonna have my girl Samus up in time for 3.0 right? ;)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Any plans to make alternate FitLink and FitMarth .pacs with your SFX compatible with Shun_One's amazing Smash4 style sword trails? I've been trying to look through the .pacs to match them, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to get it combined with yours. Looks and sounds great.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
If only I had PMBR early access to .pac files, I'd definitely do that! Lol
DERP. I didn't realize you needed to use FitSamus.pac XD. Never mind!

...Hopefully soon after release though :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Im late but, AAWWW YEAH Ness is finished!!!
Just found out about this whole thing like last week, so no worries :d

@Amazerommu, just to make sure, do you have access to all the Melee sfx you need? Are there any sounds you may be looking for that you cannot find, for instance? Seeing how you're doing all this, you're probably already very familiar with SSBM hacks and such, but just making sure :) These sound hacks really are great and very appreciated.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Just found out about this whole thing like last week, so no worries :d

@Amazerommu, just to make sure, do you have access to all the Melee sfx you need? Are there any sounds you may be looking for that you cannot find, for instance? Seeing how you're doing all this, you're probably already very familiar with SSBM hacks and such, but just making sure :) These sound hacks really are great and very appreciated.
Da. I do believe I have all the Melee sounds that I need. And the ones I haven't had thus far I just ripped from my copy of the game. I should be good as far as those go. And thanks! The work is very tedious, but aaaaaaaaall the worth it when a character is complete.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY hope this comes with 3.0 I hate some voices from Melee like Fox's, Falco's, Mario's and Link's.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY hope this comes with 3.0 I hate some voices from Melee like Fox's, Falco's, Mario's and Link's.
I'll try to have these things updated the day of release barring any unforeseen issues (i.e. laziness, PMBR expected lag, death, and/or other uncontrollables...)

Gotta finish making my little 'template' thingies for each character so that I can just copy and paste stuff when I get ahold of those .pac files.

Also may be worth mentioning that when 3.0 is released these mods will most likely no longer include .bnk files. I may decide to leave them... Maybe... But once it's released there will pretty much be no reason to keep them since I'm sure it'll be using the version of the code that requires .sawnd files.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I'll try to have these things updated the day of release barring any unforeseen issues (i.e. laziness, PMBR expected lag, death, and/or other uncontrollables...)

Gotta finish making my little 'template' thingies for each character so that I can just copy and paste stuff when I get ahold of those .pac files.

Also may be worth mentioning that when 3.0 is released these mods will most likely no longer include .bnk files. I may decide to leave them... Maybe... But once it's released there will pretty much be no reason to keep them since I'm sure it'll be using the version of the code that requires .sawnd files.
I actually have a question. Why is the volume so low on the characters and sfx? Is it size problems?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I actually have a question. Why is the volume so low on the characters and sfx? Is it size problems?
You're doing it wrong. Maybe... All these voices and sfx (except for a certain few sfx that shouldn't be too loud) are actually slightly louder than Brawl ones. I did this intentionally to be able to clearly hear all the Melee voices over my music... which is also louder than Brawl's stuff.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
You're doing it wrong. Maybe... All these voices and sfx (except for a certain few sfx that shouldn't be too loud) are actually slightly louder than Brawl ones. I did this intentionally to be able to clearly hear all the Melee voices over my music... which is also louder than Brawl's stuff.
I meant compared to Melee. It's definitely louder than Brawls but what about Melee?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I've noticed over the years that Brawl just had a really bizarre sound direction. The sounds, voices, and music are in constant struggle to be the only heard effect. Just one more reason Melee is better.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I meant compared to Melee. It's definitely louder than Brawls but what about Melee?
If I make them as loud as Melee's you can hear like... tears in the sounds. And that is definitely not acceptable for an audiophile (somewhat) such as myself. I've tried with a few characters.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Any plans to make alternate FitLink and FitMarth .pacs with your SFX compatible with Shun_One's amazing Smash4 style sword trails? I've been trying to look through the .pacs to match them, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to get it combined with yours. Looks and sounds great.
Ah well I do plan on adding alternate downloads for these as with the alternate Link and Marth stuff... and Mario's Fiery Fair at some point... And the Showtime Bowser... and heck I might as well throw in Shun's Kid Icarus: Uprising Pit VFX and his sword thingies as well. All in due time sirs and/or madams.

Ummm does anybody know if there's a way to start a new Poll on this thread?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ah well I do plan on adding alternate downloads for these as with the alternate Link and Marth stuff... and Mario's Fiery Fair at some point... And the Showtime Bowser... and heck I might as well throw in Shun's Kid Icarus: Uprising Pit VFX and his sword thingies as well. All in due time sirs and/or madams.

Ummm does anybody know if there's a way to start a new Poll on this thread?
All of that sounds great. Do you plan to do the Brawl voice/Melee SFX for 3.0?

Top Bottom