• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
It's interesting. It's something new and intriguing. Hmm, i just don't know if I can say I love it since the announcer's voice changes (character announcement to countdown). However they do sound similar. Maybe if you change the echo in the melee announcer's voice to a similar crispness of the Brawl voice, I think it would work seamlessly. Also, could you jump through these fiery hoops and do the Hokie Pokey? ;) I like it man. Great work as always nonetheless.

210stuna

Smash Lord
This ought to give you a tad bit of... security I guess? It's been done for a while. Just now getting around to uploading it.
That's not too bad, the countdown could be better without the echo, but I do like it.
You're not going to have the Melee announcer for the Melee vet players in the CSS? That's the most the announcer says anyways.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I think that'd probably sound stupid and asymmetrical.
Because having an echoing Melee announcer mixed with the Brawl announcer isn't asymmetrical already

/sarcasm

It's just something I think would be fit for the Melee vets already, and would go well with the people that like to have that Melee feel in P:M like how they have their custom Melee textures over Melee vets in Project: M. Not to mention adding the Melee stages over some vBrawl stages.

I understand that Brawl has characters that aren't in Melee, so having the Melee announcer call their name would be hard to pull off. If Amazerommu doesn't want to attempt or do my suggestion that's fine too and wants to look over my comment, that's okay.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It may already be asymmetrical as is, but at least it's slightly consistent. There's an in game announcer and a menu announcer. That's just my theory as to why the character calls aren't Melee'd yet, anyway. Personally I don't care because I'm not going to be replacing the Brawl guy, I'm simply giving a possible reason.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
It's interesting. It's something new and intriguing. Hmm, i just don't know if I can say I love it since the announcer's voice changes (character announcement to countdown). However they do sound similar. Maybe if you change the echo in the melee announcer's voice to a similar crispness of the Brawl voice, I think it would work seamlessly. Also, could you jump through these fiery hoops and do the Hokie Pokey? ;) I like it man. Great work as always nonetheless.
That's not too bad, the countdown could be better without the echo, but I do like it.
You're not going to have the Melee announcer for the Melee vet players in the CSS? That's the most the announcer says anyways.

You two seem to have forgotten about the poll at the top of this thread. I'm giving you all what you asked for haha.

Also as of right now, I do not possess the audio editing proficiency to remove the echo from Melee Announcer's voice. Those source sfx were recorded that way and are the same in Melee as I'm sure you all remember. Brawl characters do not yet have Melee Announcer clips, although I may try to make that happen at some point... similarly to how the PMBR gave Roy and Mewtwo their clips. That may be impossible for all the characters though.

Blame VGBootCamp today for making me procrastinate... Wasn't Pokemon for once lol

Also another update. Ness should be up tomorrow. Would've been done today if it weren't for above mentioned VGBC. He's been done. Just need to record the preview for him. But here's another one that you all probably weren't expecting. Zelda and Sheik are just about done too! Not sure when they'll be released though.

Oh also Melee Crowd replaces Brawl Crowd in the Melee SFX thingy nao.

Basically when 3.0 comes out, I won't even have to worry about updating the .gct with the newest RSBE Code... Although I will still update it to actually use the Melee shield reflect sound. I'll also try to make sure and update all the characters as quickly as possible!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Will you be doing Samus too? I can't stand most of vBrawl's sfx, so I know I'll be changing them.
Is that even a question? lol

I do think I'll do a pseudo poll to see who wants which of the 3.0 characters done first. You can have 2 votes. Primary and Secondary. My personal favorites of those characters will be used as an example...

Format as such:

"Samus, Kirby"

However the votes are divided is how I'll prioritize the characters starting probably about a week after 3.0 is released as there is a big tournament that weekend that I intend to do some serious training for in the hyperbolic timechamber. If only I were in the Back Room... I'd have secret hands on the .pac files and there wouldn't have to be a wait...

210stuna

Smash Lord
Samus

Also thanks Amazerommu, I understand you're a busy man on top of creating all these bonus extra goodies. After my post I looked up at the post again, but didn't bother to edit my post regarding it because I didn't want to seem all up in their face and fuss about it more.

It's just a game after all.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
You two seem to have forgotten about the poll at the top of this thread. I'm giving you all what you asked for haha.
I'm sorry...didn't even notice the poll ;~; Forgive me good sir. heh

Also...did you fix, the electrical sound?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Samus

Also thanks Amazerommu, I understand you're a busy man on top of creating all these bonus extra goodies. After my post I looked up at the post again, but didn't bother to edit my post regarding it because I didn't want to seem all up in their face and fuss about it more.

It's just a game after all.
Welcome. And no worries dood! Schtuff happens sometimes.

I'm sorry...didn't even notice the poll ;~; Forgive me good sir. heh

Also...did you fix, the electrical sound?
I have not been able to fix this yet. I think it'll have to wait until I get around to fixing everyone's hit sfx in general. I do believe for Zelda though, when she's done, her throw sfx will be fixed since they technically don't have hit sfx.

I don't see the melee announcer download....
It's in the Melee SFX download. Sorry. I was thinking that I forgot to mention that the whole day at work lol.

There's a new folder called 'Melee Announcer' and in that folder, two more folders. One that has the Announcers clips that play during a match, the other having the sounds for everything else, name calls, match-type calls, etc.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
1-Samus - I just love how robotic she sounds in Melee, like the smash attacks and dair, grabing a ledge etc. and also her "swoosh" sounds when she attacks were better, while in Brawl she sounds clunky.
2-Kirby

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
1-Samus - I just love how robotic she sounds in Melee, like the smash attacks and dair, grabing a ledge etc. and also her "swoosh" sounds when she attacks were better, while in Brawl she sounds clunky.
2-Link (Because the Alt. Costume)
Lol well Link is already done... I am, however, going to try (if I'm able) to have the different costumes load their respective voices though when (If?) the Alternate Costume Engine is released. So that Melee Link's model uses Melee Link voice, and Brawl Link model uses Brawl Link voice. Same for Fox. (Falco? And Ganondorf too? If they're given Melee alts, that is.)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So that means Amazerommu doesnt have to update the SFXs? AWWW YEAHHH
thank for pointing me that out!
No, I do have to update them. That's gonna happen regardless. The 3.0 poll is just for the priority of the new characters once that's done.

Edit: So far Samus (3) is winning of course. Kirby (2) in second, and Ice Climbers (1) third.

Where's the Yoshi love?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Lol well Link is already done...
Yeah i thougth you would have to update SFXs Embarrass
I just edited the post.

I am, however, going to try (if I'm able) to have the different costumes load their respective voices though when (If?) the Alternate Costume Engine is released. So that Melee Link's model uses Melee Link voice, and Brawl Link model uses Brawl Link voice. Same for Fox. (Falco? And Ganondorf too? If they're given Melee alts, that is.)
That sounds amazing!!

Fortress

Smash Master
So, I'm doing something really wrong, because I haven't been able to get these to work. Erm, sort of. All I can seem to manage to do is make Luigi's dash attack silent, and his recovery 'sproing' louder. I figure I'd post the steps I'm taking, so that somebody can point me in the right direction.

I'm using the hackless version of PM, no homebrew, riivilution, or anything like that. I've got my smashbrossounds.brsar, and the packs for Link, 'Dorf, Cap., Mario, and Weegee. I follow the same steps for each character:

• Placed the smashbrossounds.brsar in the folder containing Super Sawnds
  • Popped open Super Sawnds, clicked on the '...', selected character sound choice, meleesfx thing, and clicked 'insert'
  • Renamed character pack to FitCharacter.pac instead of FitMeleeCharacter.pac
  • Placed these new .pacs in their respective 'fighter' folders
  • Placed smashbrossounds.brsar in the 'strm' folder
Am I missing a step or something? I've read the readmes and OP over and over, but I can't get this to work.

Steelia

Smash Champion
This is one of the greatest topics of all time. Cannot stand a majority of the voices in SSBB, so being able to implement these sounds over them just in time for 3.0 is going to be awesome. Thanks a lot to everyone working to make this happen, going to enjoy the new PM update even more just cuz of this :)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'm gonna say Yoshi, Kirby. Out of curiosity how long does it take to port 2.6b characters over to 3.0?

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
So, I'm doing something really wrong, because I haven't been able to get these to work. Erm, sort of. All I can seem to manage to do is make Luigi's dash attack silent, and his recovery 'sproing' louder. I figure I'd post the steps I'm taking, so that somebody can point me in the right direction.

I'm using the hackless version of PM, no homebrew, riivilution, or anything like that. I've got my smashbrossounds.brsar, and the packs for Link, 'Dorf, Cap., Mario, and Weegee. I follow the same steps for each character:

• Popped open Super Sawnds, clicked on the '...', selected character sound choice, meleesfx thing, and clicked 'insert'
Am I missing a step or something? I've read the readmes and OP over and over, but I can't get this to work.
Did you use the RSBE engine code?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

The smashbros_sound.brsar only works with Riivolution and ISO hacking. If you're using the hackless version and/or homebrew versions (both using Gecko OS) you have to use the RSBE method of applying the sfx. Use one of the included .gct files in the Melee SFX download that has the 'Replacement Sound Engine' (or whatever it says) included. After that, you just copy the .bnk files in each download into 'pf/sfx' (You have to make that folder) and copy the FitMeleeDood.pac files over as you did before.

I'm gonna say Yoshi, Kirby. Out of curiosity how long does it take to port 2.6b characters over to 3.0?
Well before I knew another way of doing it... it would take about an hour or 2 per character. Now it should take hopefully less than 15 minutes per dood (thanks to Nausicaa for sort of helping me to figure it out). So pretty much on Day 1 of release I ought to be able to have them out (or Day 2 depending on PMBR usual lag lol... or Day 3 depending on if I can break away from the awesomeness that's gonna be 3.0 with all characters PLUS Turbo Mode. No promises but I'll try my best haha)

Totals thus far are now:
Samus: 3
Kirby: 3
Yoshi: 2
ICs: 1

Should prooobably post that in the OP.

P.S. Felt like Stuna's second vote would be for Yoshi (for obvious reasons)... So I went ahead and added one for that cute egg-throwing dinosaur... reptile thingy... whatever he actually is...

Edit: Oh snap! I forgot about the whole Mario loading different SFX thing now... Hopefully that won't take too long to figure out. I'll of course try to keep it so that he still uses the Pill sounds over the fireball ones for the Doc costumes.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Oh, missed that there was a vote going on. Mine go to Yoshi, Samus. Now that Samus has two types of cannons, wonder if her SFX pool has expanded from vanilla SSBB...?

Good luck with Mario's new sounds as well.

Fortress

Smash Master
Wooooooooooooooo everything's working, thanks a lot, IE. I'm really enjoying the whole pack. I guess I was trying to do a combination of making the riivilution and something other work, but I just needed to get the right RSBE.01.gct. So, yeah... everything's working! I really missed the energetic "GAAAAAME!" of the old announcers, but, was surprised at how lifeless the crowd is when they clap during the score screen victory call. I don't remember them ever clapping so much. So, I guess my vote has to go towards announcements and the crowd for the next time this is worked on.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
The announcer voices are up?

Are they on the first post somewhere? ...Because I don't see them anywhere. :<

Fortress

Smash Master
Is there another person named IE, or something? Because that'd be hilarious and a weird coincidence. I just can't ever spell "Amazerommu" without copy/pasting, so I was just saying that because of the IE profile picture.

...seriously, is there a user actually named Internet Explorer?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Is there another person named IE, or something? Because that'd be hilarious and a weird coincidence. I just can't ever spell "Amazerommu" without copy/pasting, so I was just saying that because of the IE profile picture.

...seriously, is there a user actually named Internet Explorer?
There actually is. >_<

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
oh wow

I just got the announcer voices working and my god that applause is weak when the game is over

I had no idea there was that little applause

Unrelated note, is anybody working on a Smash 64 sound pack? Because that would be awesome.

Top Bottom