• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nannose

Smash Rookie
They change the the calls for the SFX so that they actually play exactly like they do in Melee. These mods can be made to be compatible with whatever changes are made in Theytah's .pac files. Like how I include Shun's sexy sword trails for Marth and Link.
So if I were to just copy the .sawnd files and not the .pac files with them then stuff would be out of sync? I don't know exactly what changes Theytah did to his .pac files and I'm not knowledgeable enough to edit it all together myself so I'm trying to find an easy workaround lol.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So if I were to just copy the .sawnd files and not the .pac files with them then stuff would be out of sync? I don't know exactly what changes Theytah did to his .pac files and I'm not knowledgeable enough to edit it all together myself so I'm trying to find an easy workaround lol.
Lol yeah some of the sounds wouldn't play in the right places. Like Marth's little "TOAH!" voice clip for his Up B wouldn't play. It would only play the sound effect. If you can figure out what changes he made, then I can put them into my files so that they're compatible.

Pretty.Chunky.Princess

Smash Rookie
Apparently you can switch between ENG and JPN voices in the game because Project M supposedly added the code for it, but I don't see the option for that anywhere.

Is there a full Japanese sound pack because I'd like to be able to replace the ENG voices in favor of the Japanese ones?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Apparently you can switch between ENG and JPN voices in the game because Project M supposedly added the code for it, but I don't see the option for that anywhere.

Is there a full Japanese sound pack because I'd like to be able to replace the ENG voices in favor of the Japanese ones?
Well there's not one compatible with my sfx yet... but there are Japanese packs for Ike and Metaknight that I know of... Don't know about any of the other doodz.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
So to get this straight I just drag and drop into the folder in the the instructions and I only rename and replace the character .pac files?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Ah noooo... nooooooo.... Although... that IS a possibility...

Just drag and drop sir or madam.

So to get this straight I just drag and drop into the folder in the the instructions and I only rename and replace the character .pac files? I Just deleted the original .sawnd files and the original .pac files and replaced them all with the corresponding files in the Project Melee SFX v3.02[Full] pack.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35485&Vault=audio

I copied and pasted the files that were not in the original Project M files but were on the pack into their corresponding files. Hopefully I should have no problems. But is the method I did this okay? Also I don't see an announcer SFX file anywhere. Is it unnamed?

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So to get this straight I just drag and drop into the folder in the the instructions and I only rename and replace the character .pac files?
If you want all the SFX you can just copy and paste that 'projectm' folder onto the root of your SD Card assuming you aren't using a Mac. And it'll write or overwrite whatever files are needed. You should be good though. And the announcer is not included in the full pack. You'll have to download the Melee SFX hack and copy him from there.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
If you want all the SFX you can just copy and paste that 'projectm' folder onto the root of your SD Card assuming you aren't using a Mac. And it'll write or overwrite whatever files are needed. You should be good though. And the announcer is not included in the full pack. You'll have to download the Melee SFX hack and copy him from there.
I downloaded the full pack the Project Melee SFX v3.02 full pack. So wouldn't that include the announcer or no? Which Melee SFX hack are you referring to?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I downloaded the full pack the Project Melee SFX v3.02 full pack. So wouldn't that include the announcer or no? Which Melee SFX hack are you referring to?
Nah I chose not to include the Announcer since I knew there'd be a lot of people who don't particularly care for it as much. And a link would've been nice wouldn't it? lol Sorry, here ya go!

Melee SFX

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Nah I chose not to include the Announcer since I knew there'd be a lot of people who don't particularly care for it as much. And a link would've been nice wouldn't it? lol Sorry, here ya go!

Melee SFX
I messed up the files. I don't have access to a CPU with a sd slot until Monday now -_- I copy and pasted it all in, then when I booted it up when I got home none of of worked, Links boomerang had the gale effect for some odd reason, and picking Mewtwo caused "Fighting Alloy Team" to play and Roy had "Pokemon Trainer". On Monday I'll just get the pack for the melee character voices and I'll be happy. Once I copy and paste from the project m melee SFX full pack Is that all I have to do for those sounds to work properly?

My apologies, I'm just getting into things like modding and learning about files in depth to do so. So I'm a rookie when it comes to audio files. I can't trial and error because where I go to download files has an sd slot on a windows computer, I have to go home to try it out and at home I have a Mac laptop without an sd slot. I don't understand why it doesn't have one -_-. You've been a big help!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Update (01/19/2014): Check Link's spoiler if you wanna download the currently 'Beta' Alternate Costume Link VFX for this project! Even with the KO sounds not fixed, it's still cool to play around with... which I didn't think I'd like at all.

Added an easier way to copy things over. Each mod will now include a 'projectm' folder that you can copy over and overwrite onto the root of your SD Card... That is if you're using Windows. If Mac OS... copy separately...

Also Poll: Vote for 3.0 characters to do first. Get 2 votes. "First, Second" <-- That format

Ex. "Yoshi, Ice Climbers"

Melee SFX 3.0 Poll Totals:

Samus: 3
Kirby: 3
Yoshi: 2
ICs: 1

Introduction: Now that I've found my copy of Melee, I plan on going through and basically making all of the Project M characters into Melee versions, with correct/appropriate Melee sfx and for the veteran Melee characters, perfect Melee voices (or as close as they can get given Brawl parameters). All characters will have video previews.

General Instructions:
Riivo / ISO: Open your 'smashbros_sound.brsar' file with Super Sawndz and insert the .sawnd pack for whatever character into the brsar and then throw it onto your SD Card or Brawl ISO (probably a bit more difficult since the size limitations are a bit more strict). For Riivolution you'll have to add a line of code into the xml file (you can edit it using Notepad) for the Project M section. Example:

<file external="/brawlmods/projectm/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar" disc="/sound/smashbros_sound.brsar" />

If putting it where the instructions tell you to place it, change the 'file external' location to this:

"/brawlmods/projectm/sound/strm/smashbros_sound.brsar"

Gecko OS: If you're using that there new-fangled RSBE (Love the name, 'Replacement SoundBank Engine'), all you have to do is add the RSBE Code to your Project M RSBE01.gct code file (one included now with changes for Melee perfect shielding), create a folder named 'sfx' in the "private/wii/app/RSBE/pf" folder and then copy the .bnk files included with each download into that folder. After that, do those things below with the FitDood.pac.

The FitMelee[Name].pac file included with each download will need to be renamed to Fit[Name].pac and placed into the respective characters folder on your SD Card. The only thing changed about the PSA's is the sfx associated with the attacks. These are still official Project M movesets.

Ex. "FitMeleeMario.pac" renamed to "FitMario.pac"

NOTE: If you're using Gecko OS or hackless Project M, follow these instructions here. A .gct with this code is already included. Just copy the .bnk files to your sfx folder, then replace your FitCharacter.pac with the one in the download.

Melee SFX Project:

Melee SFX Pack:
Requires downloading Melee SFX here to fully work (includes SuperSawndz):

The included RSBE01.gct files are necessary for the Melee Perfect Shield sound effect to work properly. The one labeled '[Sound Replacement Code]' includes the change for Melee Perfect Shield as well as supporting RSBE. This is the original 2.6 codeset for Project M. It only required editing 2 lines of the Project M code which in no way affect gameplay. It literally only changes the sound effects associated with Shield Reflecting projectiles. However if you added code to your own GCT file, you'll have to add them back to whichever one of these you use.

And here is a link to the necessary smashbros_sound.brsar file: Download

Projectm.xml: This is pretty much obsolete now since as of P:M 3.0 Riivolution is no longer supported. I will leave this here though for those who may wanna use it... and I may even update it. Or if someone else wants to update this for 3.0 so that you don't have to go through all the copy and paste stuff, feel free to send it to me and I'll update this link. I don't mean the brawl.xml and files that are already released as that version seems a bit confusing to me.

[collapse=Project Melee SFX Packs v3.01]Video Preview:
This is a full package that includes all mods thus far and will be updated regularly as things are added/changed. Two separate downloads for Full and Wifi versions of P:M. Note: The video below is kind of a temporary placeholder. Shows a few characters, and is pretty fun to watch though.
Download [Full Codeset]: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35485&Vault=audio
Download [Wifi Codeset]: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35486&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Bowser v3.02]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33478&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee C. Falcon v3.02]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31528&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Donkey Kong v3.02]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31950&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Falco v3.02] Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33580&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Fox v3.02]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32031&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Ganondorf v3.02]Video Preview:
Added some Melee sounds to Ganon's new Up Tilt for 2.6. Hopefully you all like them!

The video below shows \Apples' Melee Ganon model with my sfx pack. Pretty sweet, yes?
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31661&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Link v3.02]Video Preview:
Alt Voice Preview:
If you use the alternate 'FitSpinLink.pac' you get this nice little change to his Spin Attack:

(Oh and that's a blue overlay if you're wondering why he looks like that)
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31508&Vault=audio
Alt VFX download::http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35790&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Luigi v3.02]Video preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31833&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Mario v3.02]Video Preview:
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31521&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Marth v3.02]Video Preview:
This download also includes a .pac file for a dynamic Dancing Blade, basically meaning Marth changes colors based on your input instead of the normal unchanging red, green, blue, red pattern.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31632&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Ness v3.02]Video Preview:
There is one thing that isn't completely Melee duplicated for Ness... And that is his D-Smash. The sound it makes when it is charged is correct, but when you don't charge it at all, the sound effect that is supposed to play is stopped halfway through... I haven't been able to figure out how to fix that as of yet.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35061&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Peach v3.02]Video Preview:
I ended up leaving the heart sfx the same. I could change them to have the extra "Smack!" sound that is usually there in Melee, on top of the heart sound, if everyone felt it to be more appropriate. Also NOTE: The video has Peach's Melee aerial jump sound for every time she turns. This is fixed so you should not experience this in game.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31791&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Pikachu v3.02]Video Preview:
Please tell me if Pikachu's voice needs to be boosted any. Some of the clips sounded a little low to me but other than that it's alright. Pikachu's new Up Taunt is pretty cool now I think. Uses an unused voice clip from Melee.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31850&Vault=audio[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Zelda/Sheik v3.02]Video Preview:
There are some issues with Zelda's Side B... But... I kinda like it... maybe. Not sure. Can't seem to find where to get rid of the extra sound effect for the startup. Everything else is pretty much golden though.
Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35723&Vault=audio[/collapse]
So I did as you said. I downloaded the Full pack and I dragged and dropped it onto a normal Project M SD card without touching anything else. I dragged and dropped the "projectm" folder from the pack onto the SD card and dropped it in the "projectm" folder on my SD card. Hopefully this works correctly. Do you think this will work now?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I did as you said. I downloaded the Full pack and I dragged and dropped it onto a normal Project M SD card without touching anything else. I dragged and dropped the "projectm" folder from the pack onto the SD card and dropped it in the "projectm" folder on my SD card. Hopefully this works correctly. Do you think this will work now?
It will if you did it using a PC running Windows. If you used a Mac then it'll delete most of P:M and cause a bunch of weird problems.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
So I love the sfx and stuff :bomb: but I'm wondering, is Mewtwo supposed to make this whopping sound effect when he air dodges, spot dodges and rolls?

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I love the sfx and stuff :bomb: but I'm wondering, is Mewtwo supposed to make this whopping sound effect when he air dodges, spot dodges and rolls?
Pssh. YES! (No...) There is nothing wrong and he is fine as is. (It's all effed up and him and Roy are both going to be made all compatiblified soon. lol)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
This post confuses me lol
LMAO! That was kinda the intention. But for realz...

lol it's okay man. I'll just deal with it. It's not a big deal to me.
He is all messed up and I've had it planned for a while now to fix it. But you know... reasons and such have prevented me from doing so sooner. I'm kinda OCD about that small aesthetic stuff so know that it WILL get fixed haha.
Also reason to bring up any other SFX impurities you may encounter during your Smash gettums.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Has the Menu sounds been merged with the attacks sounds this time? Because to be honest, I still prefer Brawl's menu sounds to Melee's for some reason...

Nannose

Smash Rookie
Lol yeah some of the sounds wouldn't play in the right places. Like Marth's little "TOAH!" voice clip for his Up B wouldn't play. It would only play the sound effect. If you can figure out what changes he made, then I can put them into my files so that they're compatible.
As for the pac files that I've modified, I have the sword ganon mod and some of kingjigglypuff's unofficial alt effects, you can see which specific pac files I have modified by looking in the character's folder (from the costume banner link in my OP) in the file called "EFFECT FILES"
This is where you can find all of his stuff.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Has the Menu sounds been merged with the attacks sounds this time? Because to be honest, I still prefer Brawl's menu sounds to Melee's for some reason...
They are still included. I'll include a separate 7.sawnd without them whenever I get around to the next update. Maan my task list is getting huuuuuuge! lol. I'll try to make sure and remember everyone's requests though.

Muchos gracias senor. This'll help immensely when I update all tha schtuff!

FalconAnon

Smash Rookie
Were you planning on doing the alt costume voice effect thing with Link on any other characters? Fox/Falco maybe?

ALSO BUG REPORT:
The Melee SFX don't seem to work for Doctor Mario if you don't have the Melee Mario voice installed. Doc's pills make coin sounds if you don't have Melee Mario voice but do have Melee SFX.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Were you planning on doing the alt costume voice effect thing with Link on any other characters? Fox/Falco maybe?

ALSO BUG REPORT:
The Melee SFX don't seem to work for Doctor Mario if you don't have the Melee Mario voice installed. Doc's pills make coin sounds if you don't have Melee Mario voice but do have Melee SFX.
That's weird. The Melee SFX shouldn't replace any sounds that have to do with Mario's pills. They're all located in his .sawnd file in the original P:M download.

And yes, I do plan on doing Fox and Falco AND Ganondorf haha. And I'll include a custom cBliss .gct to add 4 Melee Ganon CSS slots... or 5 Melee Ganon slots which would take away one of Brawl Ganon's slots... with portraits and default costumes? Maybe that's a good idea too. (Old Man Ganon would not be the Brawl one to be removed of course)

Actually you all can vote on what color to be removed... if you all really want 5 Melee Ganons.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
That's weird. The Melee SFX shouldn't replace any sounds that have to do with Mario's pills. They're all located in his .sawnd file in the original P:M download.

And yes, I do plan on doing Fox and Falco AND Ganondorf haha. And I'll include a custom cBliss .gct to add 4 Melee Ganon CSS slots... or 5 Melee Ganon slots which would take away one of Brawl Ganon's slots... with portraits and default costumes? Maybe that's a good idea too. (Old Man Ganon would not be the Brawl one to be removed of course)

Actually you all can vote on what color to be removed... if you all really want 5 Melee Ganons.
Actually, Ganondorf is one of the few characters that can have 11 cBliss costumes instead of the usual 10, thanks to the cBliss tool. (The others are Toon Link, Wolf, R.O.B., and Sonic.) That means you can have all of the Brawl and Melee costumes for Ganondorf!

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Actually, Ganondorf is one of the few characters that can have 11 cBliss costumes instead of the usual 10, thanks to the cBliss tool. (The others are Toon Link, Wolf, R.O.B., and Sonic.) That means you can have all of the Brawl and Melee costumes for Ganondorf!
You, sir (or madam?), have made my life twelve times easier for him now. Also twelve times happier... I wouldn't have thought to actually check the slot numbers to see how many costumes he could actually have. ( <-- a.k.a. I love yew)

Renji64

Smash Lord

i have been waiting for that as well.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey @ Amazerommu Amazerommu ! do you know if it's possible to give Roy and Mewtwo the "echo filter" to their Star KO screams, that every other character have?
I haven't the slightest clue how to do that lol... I will look into that though. I'm guessing it's something that's hardcoded into the game. Cause I know certain sound ID's in the .brsar have the echo filter on them and even if you replace those sounds... the echo filter is still there on whatever new sound is in it.

Malurth

Smash Cadet
The marth one doesn't seem to have the sound effect for tippers. Every time I saw the fsmash tipper I noticed a distinct lack of that low thud noise.

Anyway, all I wanna do is make Marth's sword slice sounds sound like Melee. Will I have to download the Marth pack or just the Melee SFX pack?

And are you still working on this? It's been two weeks since anything was posted here >.>

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
The marth one doesn't seem to have the sound effect for tippers. Every time I saw the fsmash tipper I noticed a distinct lack of that low thud noise.

Anyway, all I wanna do is make Marth's sword slice sounds sound like Melee. Will I have to download the Marth pack or just the Melee SFX pack?

And are you still working on this? It's been two weeks since anything was posted here >.>
Ya that's a Brawl thing as to why that thud sound isn't actually there. If you recall, most attacks in Melee made those sounds in addition to their regular hit sfx.

As far as just sword slice sounds, you'd need both the Marth's pack and the Melee SFX pack. Although that'll change the swinging sounds for everyone as well. Except for some sounds for the Brawl doodz.

And yes I'm still working on this. I've just been tied up in lots of other things. I will make time soon! Don't worry.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Top Bottom