• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
That's weird. The Melee SFX shouldn't replace any sounds that have to do with Mario's pills. They're all located in his .sawnd file in the original P:M download.
Yeah I'm getting the same errors too. I also don't know how to reverse it either. I've deleted the FitMario.pac located in the fighters folder (because the file you gave us had a FitMario.pac in both the fighters directory and the mario folder for some reason, thought this was on purpose) and replaced the FitMario.pac in the fighters>mario folder with the original 3.02. I've checked my sfx folder and for some reason the 8.bnk sound file wasn't there. I popped my sd card back in and the pills are still making the coin noises upon impact.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Hey @ Amazerommu Amazerommu ! do you know if it's possible to give Roy and Mewtwo the "echo filter" to their Star KO screams, that every other character have?
So I was actually just thinking about this, and my response from before. And it would be a possibility. It would just require some... changed that some of you may or may not agree with. Basically, it'd require moving their Star KO sounds to another fighters .sawnd file, and putting that voice clip in one of the empty slots. This also means that for them it would require you to have altered .sawnd files for 2 characters. I guess I could put Roy's in Marth's .sawnd, and Mewtwo's in Lucario's. It would provide a more professional consistency to the game... At the cost of some unprofessional editing. But who cares about how the results are obtained?! Lol
Yeah I'm getting the same errors too. I also don't know how to reverse it either. I've deleted the FitMario.pac located in the fighters folder (because the file you gave us had a FitMario.pac in both the fighters directory and the mario folder for some reason, thought this was on purpose) and replaced the FitMario.pac in the fighters>mario folder with the original 3.02. I've checked my sfx folder and for some reason the 8.bnk sound file wasn't there. I popped my sd card back in and the pills are still making the coin noises upon impact.
I'll look into this soon to see what the issue is. I left the pill SFX the same as in vanilla Mario's sounds... At least I thought I did. Lol

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So I was actually just thinking about this, and my response from before. And it would be a possibility. It would just require some... changed that some of you may or may not agree with. Basically, it'd require moving their Star KO sounds to another fighters .sawnd file, and putting that voice clip in one of the empty slots. This also means that for them it would require you to have altered .sawnd files for 2 characters. I guess I could put Roy's in Marth's .sawnd, and Mewtwo's in Lucario's. It would provide a more professional consistency to the game... At the cost of some unprofessional editing. But who cares about how the results are obtained?! Lol

I also thought about a way to do it, by temporarily putting Roy's and Mewtwo's Star KO sounds over any other character (that has the filter) Star KO, and play the SFX on the Sound Test menu, and proceed to record the sounds (now with the filter) either with any recording app while using an emulator or with a recording device (without emulator), then, the last step would be putting the new pseudo-filtered sounds on the respective sawnd files for Roy and Mewtwo. Though this task may be quite tedious, and i'm unsure about how the SFXs quality could end up.

Either way, you're the SFX Lord here, and you're the one who will choose. :p

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, does this pack work with 3.02? On Brawlvault it says some characters desynch, so I'm guessing the pack may be outdated? I just want to make sure before I download it. I may also just download certain characters instead.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hey guys, does this pack work with 3.02? On Brawlvault it says some characters desynch, so I'm guessing the pack may be outdated? I just want to make sure before I download it. I may also just download certain characters instead.
Due to the way that changing SFX calls(read: timing) works, these all desync wifi. These SFX items are all updated to 3.02, despite the BV titles still being outdated.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I also thought about a way to do it, by temporarily putting Roy's and Mewtwo's Star KO sounds over any other character (that has the filter) Star KO, and play the SFX on the Sound Test menu, and proceed to record the sounds (now with the filter) either with any recording app while using an emulator or with a recording device (without emulator), then, the last step would be putting the new pseudo-filtered sounds on the respective sawnd files for Roy and Mewtwo. Though this task may be quite tedious, and i'm unsure about how the SFXs quality could end up.

This sounds like a good way to go about it, though I'd be fine with having extra sawnd files for Lucario and Marth since I don't plan on putting anything over those two.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

Ya I actually like this idea better and am fully capable of doing that! You is awesome.

Ummm also for everybody else, if you had any requests to change things or add some stuff that I said I was gonna get to... Ummm you should remind me of what these things are cause forget and too lazy to Easter egg hunt through this thread to find everything (although I'll probably do it anyway at some point just to make sure I don't miss anything). Basically cause I'm about to start updating and working on new things finally! Lightning Returns has stopped dunking on my life and such.

I do remember someone wanted separate Melee SFX and Menu sounds in their own 7.sawnd files so they can choose whether they wanna use one or the other or both. Also gonna get that Alt Ganon going, and include versions of characters with extra effects. Like the Fiery Fair Mario and all those other doods. SWORD MODE GANON! I'll probably actually do Sword Mode Alt Ganon as one whole thing.

Also! I'm about to finally start working on my custom build thread. But that's still a ways down the road. Still not nearly ready.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Due to the way that changing SFX calls(read: timing) works, these all desync wifi. These SFX items are all updated to 3.02, despite the BV titles still being outdated.
Oh yeah I should probably fix the BV titles at some point, huh? Lol
You are awesome. Just wanted you to know that.
Why thank ye fer such a compliment. Brings me joy and motivation to git stuff goin'!!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Ya I actually like this idea better and am fully capable of doing that! You is awesome.

Ummm also for everybody else, if you had any requests to change things or add some stuff that I said I was gonna get to... Ummm you should remind me of what these things are cause forget and too lazy to Easter egg hunt through this thread to find everything (although I'll probably do it anyway at some point just to make sure I don't miss anything). Basically cause I'm about to start updating and working on new things finally! Lightning Returns has stopped dunking on my life and such.

I do remember someone wanted separate Melee SFX and Menu sounds in their own 7.sawnd files so they can choose whether they wanna use one or the other or both. Also gonna get that Alt Ganon going, and include versions of characters with extra effects. Like the Fiery Fair Mario and all those other doods. SWORD MODE GANON! I'll probably actually do Sword Mode Alt Ganon as one whole thing.

Also! I'm about to finally start working on my custom build thread. But that's still a ways down the road. Still not nearly ready.
Thank you! and hope everything turns great. Also i gotta keep an eye on that custom build you are planning. You da man!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Thank you! and hope everything turns great. Also i gotta keep an eye on that custom build you are planning. You da man!
I will go ahead and warn you that my custom soundtrack is huge... and also... somewhat different... hopefully in a good way. I will also say that there will be a decent handful of brstm's in it that you won't be able to find anywhere else!

Once the BV titles are fixed will I be able to use this on wifi?
Wull... ummmm... The thing is all the mods are already updated. The titles don't have anything to do with the mods... except the titles of them lol. The mods desync wifi by default though because of reasons and such that were mentioned by Rage83 already. However! You can use them on wifi IF the people you're playing with also have the exact same mod. Basically... Advertise deez Melee SFX to them. They won't be able to deny their awesomeness. They will have no choice but to install them. And then you'll be golden.

And if they for whatever reason don't like Melee's SFX... defriend them immediately and deport them to... idk Europe, Ethiopia... somewhere beginning with 'E.' (Lol jk but no seriously...)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Somebody quick! Link me to that badass Melee Ganon model! I think @ Rage83 Rage83 you sent it to me before. Halp! I've been looking but can't find.

Rage83

Smash Ace

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Quick question. The Melee hit sfx work perfectly but the star ko noise is still the same. Why?
I haven't made it a priority haha. Figured most don't care about that one either way. Also I personally think Brawl's sounds better... for reasons. I'm sure you know Fox and Falco Side-B use the same sound when it starts up. Leaving the Star KO sound as it's Brawl version at least provides a bit of diversity for things and such.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
I modified my fitfalco.pac awhile back to have red lasers and iirc, there were quite a few particles i had to hunt down to get it all right. do the changed parts of your pacs happen to be one specific part that would be easy to just plug into my pac or would it be simpler to just hunt down the particles again? #lazy

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I modified my fitfalco.pac awhile back to have red lasers and iirc, there were quite a few particles i had to hunt down to get it all right. do the changed parts of your pacs happen to be one specific part that would be easy to just plug into my pac or would it be simpler to just hunt down the particles again? #lazy
Oh man I know that feels... Unfortunately it would be easier to hunt down the particles again. To update the sfx would require basically completely redoing the mod on the FitDood with the altered laser. Buuuuuuuuuut, if you do update it, would you mind letting me include it as an optional FitFalco.pac? You'll get collabs and/or credits if ya want!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
My apologies, but again I'm completely new at this. I can do stage textures, music, CSPs, and CSS changes. Sound files are new to me. Could someone give me a tutorial on exactly what I have to do? I have Project M 3.02 Full Set Hackless. I'm using Gecko OS through the hackless method(stage builder). I wanted to put the full package for all the characters done so far on my build. How exactly do I do this? The last time I tried It I messed something up and the sound effects weren't there at all. I don't know exactly why I did wrong either. Also when this mistake happened, upon selecting Roy or Mewtwo I would get Pokemon Trainer and Fighting Alloy Team announcer calls. I fixed that now so it's back to what it was.

What exactly do I download?

Do I have to manually do anything to the files that I download besides changing the FitMelee(character).pac?

Where do I place the files on my SD card? Could you tell me exactly the folders I begin with and the order to get to the folder where the files need to go?

I tried reading the tutorial and I didn't have much luck. I don't need the perfect shield sound effect. If it's included in the pack I'll use it, but if not I don't need it if it's too much extra effort. Please someone give me a hand. I think this mod is fantastic and I've been trying to understand how to do it for a while. I don't seem to understand the more technical aspect of it. If anyone could help me at all I'd appreciate it immensely.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Ok I'm really confused at how I'm meant to install this, could someone help me out?

I've downloaded the Melee marth voice sfx zip file, and extracted 26.sawnd into projectmj\pf\sfx\26.sawnd and FitMeleeMarth.pac into projectmj\pf\fighter\marth\FitMarth.pac, but nothing seems to be changing. Am I doing something wrong?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Nevermind. After some digging I figured out exactly what I needed to do through a previous post on this thread from Fortress about the exact issues/questions I was having.
Was much simpler than I thought. The sound effects are all awesome. I may add the Melee announcer as well. I have the menu sound effects as well as all of the voices. They work nicely and take me back. This makes Project M feel MUCH more like Melee. The hit sounds! The slash sounds! I've missed them so much! :') you've made this Link main very happy sir. Good luck on completing this project! It's incredible. Thank you for all of your hard work.

Update: I also thought I'd report this. Not a big deal. But I thought it was worth reporting incase you have OCD. Minor bugs?

-When Link does his Navi taunt where you barely tap the side taunt. There is no audio for Navi saying "Hey! Listen!" Like usual. There is a fairy sound, but il that's it.

-Also. When Link does the twirling sword taunt and puts his sword back in its sheathe, there is no audio when he swings the sword. There is only the sound of him putting the sword in the sheathe.

Last edited:

The Shadow

Smash Apprentice
Let me give an example. Ganondorf's Neutral-Air has Melee sound with the two hits,but when in Brawl you hear THUN THUN.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
So I figured I would point out some oddities I noticed.

-Mario's entry voice is still his Brawl voice, I would recommend changing it to the "Lets-a-go!" from Mario 64 (I think that clip is in the Melee files too?)
-Pikachu's F-smash plays two voice clips; the one he has from Brawl, and the one you added from Melee at the same time. Sounds very weird, haha.
-Pikachu's Fair and Dair sounds when he is spinning are non-existent, I could have sworn in Melee an electric noise was played for his Fair? Maybe not for his Dair though. It seems strange, maybe default sounds have just corrupted my memory.
Never mind, those two were the result of me not installing properly
-Both Mewtwo and Roy's dodging sounds have been replaced with a sword swing sound, although this isn't entirely your fault as their dodging noises were directed to a sound that you ended up replacing with no knowledge that it was linked to these characters.
-The crowd is like, really frickin' loud (ESPECIALLY when someone gets hit insanely hard). Do you think you could lower the volume of them so that they don't eat the entire auditory spectrum?
-Is it me or is everyone really quiet when compared to Roy and Mewtwo's voices? Actually no I think Roy has the loudest and clearest voice out of everyone

Just off the top of my head. This pack is insanely good

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
So I figured I would point out some oddities I noticed.

-Mario's entry voice is still his Brawl voice, I would recommend changing it to the "Lets-a-go!" from Mario 64 (I think that clip is in the Melee files too?)
-Pikachu's F-smash plays two voice clips; the one he has from Brawl, and the one you added from Melee at the same time. Sounds very weird, haha.
-Pikachu's Fair and Dair sounds when he is spinning are non-existent, I could have sworn in Melee an electric noise was played for his Fair? Maybe not for his Dair though. It seems strange, maybe default sounds have just corrupted my memory.
-Both Mewtwo and Roy's dodging sounds have been replaced with a sword swing sound, although this isn't entirely your fault as their dodging noises were directed to a sound that you ended up replacing with no knowledge that it was linked to these characters.
-The crowd is like, really frickin' loud (ESPECIALLY when someone gets hit insanely hard). Do you think you could lower the volume of them so that they don't eat the entire auditory spectrum?
-Is it me or is everyone really quiet when compared to Roy and Mewtwo's voices? Actually no I think Roy has the loudest and clearest voice out of everyone

Just off the top of my head. This pack is insanely good
Responses:
-Mario's voice change? Yes. Consistency is good.
-I haven't noticed this myself
-I haven't noticed this either
-I had no idea but I had faced Mewtwo and Roy while I was practicing against bots(Maybe I combo'd them so hard that they never dodged and I never heard it lol)
-I agree about the crowd being too loud(especially when they're cheering, the chants sound fine though)
-I think some of the characters are a bit quiet. Maybe there is a method to make it so all the voice clips have generally equal volume? I noticed mainly the Star KOs on the Melee audio clips is a bit quiet.

I agree that the pack is awesome. I'm assuming Amazerommu is the only one who knows how to port the clips properly and is willing to share the project with the community(that is kindness at a whole new level).

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
-I think some of the characters are a bit quiet. Maybe there is a method to make it so all the voice clips have generally equal volume? I noticed mainly the Star KOs on the Melee audio clips is a bit quiet.
I believe this is actually a problem with Brawl in how it mixes the voice volumes into the game. Making the voice clips max volume (without causing distortion issues) seems to alleviate this for the most part, but it still causes some clips to be rather quiet. Now the definitive solution to this is to go into the .pac files and have every instance of the character's voice set to play twice rather than once (this is what is done when characters get hit at high percents and I believe the PMBR did the same with the entirety of Roy's voice, that's why they are so loud), but that would require going back through every character...

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
I haven't noticed this particularly. But I do plan on fixing the sfx issues that Roy and Mewtwo are having (and changing a few sounds for both of them as well). My guess is that there are a bunch of sfx calls in their .pac files, as is pretty common for the normal P:M .pac files... that would be the issue... which I will be able to find and fix. I might actually even be able to get to that tonight. Depends how late I'm able to stay up.

Thanks for bringing that up too! I wouldn't have looked for any issues with landing and/or some other sounds otherwise.

I can't see anything that would particularly cause it to crash... Maybe there is something the PMBR did to make it awesome...

Also, when Mewtwo and Roy roll/dash, they make the "woosh" noise as if a sword was being swung. I hope there's an update soon :3

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I believe this is actually a problem with Brawl in how it mixes the voice volumes into the game. Making the voice clips max volume (without causing distortion issues) seems to alleviate this for the most part, but it still causes some clips to be rather quiet. Now the definitive solution to this is to go into the .pac files and have every instance of the character's voice set to play twice rather than once (this is what is done when characters get hit at high percents and I believe the PMBR did the same with the entirety of Roy's voice, that's why they are so loud), but that would require going back through every character...
I wasn't aware it was that difficult to do. I was only giving an opinion is all.

Top Bottom