• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I can't see anything that would particularly cause it to crash... Maybe there is something the PMBR did to make it awesome...
Yo! I got it to work! I can't believe what an oversight it was. I was using the 1.90 version which is only good for Dedede and Pokemon Trainer. I started using the 2.70 version and had no issues!
Dude, Amazerommu, thank you so much for your time. I was just using the wrong version. My bad, man.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yo! I got it to work! I can't believe what an oversight it was. I was using the 1.90 version which is only good for Dedede and Pokemon Trainer. I started using the 2.70 version and had no issues!
Dude, Amazerommu, thank you so much for your time. I was just using the wrong version. My bad, man.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.... I'm surprised I didn't actually think to ask that... Haha.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Wow Link's Alternate VFX is great! In the description for the download, it said I would need 7.sawnd. I tried it without it and it works fine. Link still has his Brawl SFX in his normal costume and his Melee SFX in his melee costume. I was curious because I was wondering if I was missing an effect so I added in 7.sawnd. I tested Link, Pit, and Ganon. It just sounds so much more rewarding, for instance Pit's F-Air or Ganon's dash attack. Anyways, my question is, does 7.sawnd contain all the hit SFX? Or do the other sawnd files have hit SFX too? I just want the melee hit SFX but I don't want the voice changes, so what would I add in?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wow Link's Alternate VFX is great! In the description for the download, it said I would need 7.sawnd. I tried it without it and it works fine. Link still has his Brawl SFX in his normal costume and his Melee SFX in his melee costume. I was curious because I was wondering if I was missing an effect so I added in 7.sawnd. I tested Link, Pit, and Ganon. It just sounds so much more rewarding, for instance Pit's F-Air or Ganon's dash attack. Anyways, my question is, does 7.sawnd contain all the hit SFX? Or do the other sawnd files have hit SFX too? I just want the melee hit SFX but I don't want the voice changes, so what would I add in?
The only thing that controls the hit sfx is the 7.sawnd file. So that should be all you need... although it also changes the crowd sfx and the menu sfx as well. I haven't actually thought to make separate ones that only include hit sfx or only menus... whatever... but well... I will for the next update! haha

meow

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that controls the hit sfx is the 7.sawnd file. So that should be all you need... although it also changes the crowd sfx and the menu sfx as well. I haven't actually thought to make separate ones that only include hit sfx or only menus... whatever... but well... I will for the next update! haha
I haven't even noticed the Menu SFX but I thought the crowd cheer sounded much better haha. I guess I'll be only using 7.sawnd. Thanks for all your amazing work too. Are you able to ALT VFX for Fox/Falco btw?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I haven't even noticed the Menu SFX but I thought the crowd cheer sounded much better haha. I guess I'll be only using 7.sawnd. Thanks for all your amazing work too. Are you able to ALT VFX for Fox/Falco btw?
Of course dood! (and Ganondorf too)

I haven't started on them yet cause busy busy busy. But once I get that free time, gettin all the things done and such... ... ... ... and such. Actually most of my free time for the next 2-ish weeks is gonna be spent practicing Melee and P:M for a tournament taking place in Ohio later this month. I'll try to at least get *something* done before then though haha.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
By the way...you wouldn't mind making a few different versions of the GCT for adding Melee Ganon with cBliss, right? I use the Classic Expansion Pack: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/6.02m/
:p
Now I don't know about making a bunch of different ones for CEP and stuff (who knows?), but I'll definitely make one that at least includes cBliss Ganon. I'll have to anyway when I do his alt voice. Haha.
What is the .sawnd file for Marth?

All I know is .7 is Fox's ;o
You mean 17? Lol Marth's is 26.sawnd.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Wait do I have to download all of the SFX's again for 3.02?
Wait do I have to not download the SFX's that have non vProject: M 3.02 .fitmotionpac to them or whatever (AKA Smash 3 Sonic & Marth?)
Wait do I have to the right thread here?
Wait do I have to jfa;lacjfa

Last edited:

Taiko

Smash Ace
Wait do I have to not download the SFX's that have non vProject: M 3.02 .fitmotionpac to them or whatever (AKA Smash 3 Sonic & Marth?)
While I'm not exactly sure what Shun changed for Marth, I can confirm that Sonic is easy to "fix" just by replacing the textures in the files. Open them both up, compare what's different, replace the textures I changed, and it'll work.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wait do I have to download all of the SFX's again for 3.02?
Wait do I have to the right thread here?
Wait do I have to jfa;lacjfa
The only one who was actually changed in 3.02 was FAlco. So he's the only one you need lol.

What happened to the Melee announcer?
He should still be there... unless I broke everything. Lemme double check.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
The only one who was actually changed in 3.02 was FAlco. So he's the only one you need lol.

He should still be there... unless I broke everything. Lemme double check.
Is it there? I had it in the last demo. When I updated the sfx he was gone. There are melee menu sfx which is completely ****ing awesome but I don't have the announcer

210stuna

Smash Lord
How do I get Melee SFX like the sword slash SFX for everyone and the Melee announcer on the CSS?

For the 9 bajillionth time

EDIT: Hey NoobSaiBot I also accidently deleted the Roy and Mewtwo .sawnd files in my sfx folder so the announcer says ALLOY FIGHTING TEAM, and POKEMON TRAINER ! Instead of what they need to be, could you help me out with which numbers are Roy's and Mewtwo? I have a fresh 3.02 build at all times so I can get it from there no problem.

Last edited:

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I can't get this mod to work for some reason. I'm running PM 3.02 on Homebrew. I downloaded the full version and merged it with my PM files, but now certain characters crash the game and other characters do weird things like stand straight up. What am I doing wrong? (This is awesome though, when it's working)

Edit: Marth is doing his Brawl animations for his neutral and side-B. If I had to guess, these FitFighter.pac files aren't loading correctly. Not sure why though.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
So that's what I was missing in my build. These SFXs. Still just as Melee as Melee.

Btw, I'm back. Reply boxes don't work on Wii consoles anymore, so I fixed my laptop. Expect updates to my strap menu soon. Rainbow common5 is update if you want. Now I'll stop shoving my stuff in your topic. :nervous:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
My thoughts exactly, Doctor Kirby.

Anyways, what do I do if I only just want the Melee SFX and Melee menu sounds?

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I can't get this mod to work for some reason. I'm running PM 3.02 on Homebrew. I downloaded the full version and merged it with my PM files, but now certain characters crash the game and other characters do weird things like stand straight up. What am I doing wrong? (This is awesome though, when it's working)

Edit: Marth is doing his Brawl animations for his neutral and side-B. If I had to guess, these FitFighter.pac files aren't loading correctly. Not sure why though.
Did you rename the FitFighter.pac files to remove Melee from them?

Anyways, what do I do if I only just want the Melee SFX and Melee menu sounds?
You would just install them as is? Or do these SFX files come with something else that I never knew about?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Alright... so... before I reply to all these things that don't already have replies... a little... aside, if you will, as to why I have been away from thread for the past little bit... which seems like forever but I don't think it's really been that long. [Checks date of last post] Oh wow a little over a week. It feels like it's been months haha. Anyway...

So some of you may know that Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (to GameStop) came out last week. I knew this game would dunk on me when I got it, and told myself I wouldn't let that happen... and then it dunked on me.

Which basically means (instead of practicing for Shuffle V) I've spent the past week+ playing nothing but that game in every single bit of free time I have... It is by far the best of the trilogy for those who mayhaps dabbled in the atrocity that is the first one (I still loved that one... if ONLY for the combat... the story seemed like it's sole purpose was to give you a break between segments) and the somewhat more than acceptable 'reboot' of the second one (which I loved even more).

Now for thingies that some of you other badasses may not have answered:

Is it there? I had it in the last demo. When I updated the sfx he was gone. There are melee menu sfx which is completely ****ing awesome but I don't have the announcer
Yes it's still there. If you downloaded one of the all-inclusive packs, that doesn't include the Melee Announcer as well. You'll have to download the separate Melee SFX file that includes the general Melee hit sfx and menu and schtuff.

How do I get Melee SFX like the sword slash SFX for everyone and the Melee announcer on the CSS?

For the 9 bajillionth time

EDIT: Hey NoobSaiBot I also accidently deleted the Roy and Mewtwo .sawnd files in my sfx folder so the announcer says ALLOY FIGHTING TEAM, and POKEMON TRAINER ! Instead of what they need to be, could you help me out with which numbers are Roy's and Mewtwo? I have a fresh 3.02 build at all times so I can get it from there no problem.
What do you mean specifically regarding getting the Melee SFX? Just copy and paste. As for the CSS announcer calls, I think it's either 220 or 223.sawnd that needs to be replaced. That's where the calls are for them.

I haven't the slightest clue what could be causing that, unless you're on a Mac trying to copy the whole pack onto your SD Card.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ooooooooooooooooooooo... I have some information I've been keeping secret. And I shall continue to keep it secret for a while. Just know that it is awesome.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I haven't the slightest clue what could be causing that, unless you're on a Mac trying to copy the whole pack onto your SD Card.
I am in fact on a Mac. I downloaded the whole pack and was manually putting the files where they're supposed to be (or at least where I thought they were supposed to be). I'm confused though, I don't know where the .bnk files are supposed to go.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I am in fact on a Mac. I downloaded the whole pack and was manually putting the files where they're supposed to be (or at least where I thought they were supposed to be). I'm confused though, I don't know where the .bnk files are supposed to go.
Lol that'd be it then. The .bnk files are just there for backwards-compatibility reasons (whoever would even be using the old RSBE, idk why). Project M uses the .sawnd files tho. So those are the only ones that need to be copied, in addition to the FitMeleeDood.pac of course (renaming and stuff still). I wish there were a way to make Mac merge folders instead of completely replacing them...

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Lol that'd be it then. The .bnk files are just there for backwards-compatibility reasons (whoever would even be using the old RSBE, idk why). Project M uses the .sawnd files tho. So those are the only ones that need to be copied, in addition to the FitMeleeDood.pac of course (renaming and stuff still). I wish there were a way to make Mac merge folders instead of completely replacing them...
So if I don't need to bother with .bnk files. the only files I'm replacing are the .swandz, the fitdood.pac, and the RSBE code files, correct? Replacing the .swand files works just fine. Every fitdood.pac file is supposed to go in its characters respective folder, and renamed properly (and I think I've done something wrong there). Where should I be putting the RSBE code? There appear to be two places on my SD where it shows up. Do I replace it in both spots?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So if I don't need to bother with .bnk files. the only files I'm replacing are the .swandz, the fitdood.pac, and the RSBE code files, correct? Replacing the .swand files works just fine. Every fitdood.pac file is supposed to go in its characters respective folder, and renamed properly (and I think I've done something wrong there). Where should I be putting the RSBE code? There appear to be two places on my SD where it shows up. Do I replace it in both spots?
You only need to replace the one in the codes folder on the root of the SD card.
^ What this awesome dood had said. Also you only need it if you wanna replace the P:M Perfect Shield sound with the Melee one.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
When do we get to hear your big secret announcement? :surprised:
Ummm... idk? lol... I wanna do it when I have something more solid/promising. Just know that there is awesomeness, being done by - and for - the very definition of awesome, if at a maybe very slow pace. I'm gonna do a few things over the next few days now that Shuffle is done with, and will hopefully have something for you all.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I had no idea when one day I would comment on all of one guy's videos on Youtube, what I would be getting into.

Oh boy the ride you've taken my body on NoobSaiBot it has been fun!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I had no idea when one day I would comment on all of one guy's videos on Youtube, what I would be getting into.

Oh boy the ride you've taken my body on NoobSaiBot it has been fun!
:awesome:

I only hope the PMBR don't dunk on what's going on - or soon to be going on - in the too near future. That will remain a mystery until a few months before their next big update... which I hope to have this thing done waaaaay before then.

Also I'm getting you all worked up for nothing, except it's really something, but really it's nothing, but really it's awesome, but really either way, but really don't listen to (read?) anything I'm saying (typing?), but really but really...

Edit: Oh yeah... I didn't think there would be as many people who like these simple (objectively) things that I've done this far so much. For that... I love you all more than you will every know.... more than some of you will ever know anyway. Some of you may already know... Some of you may be psychic... Some of you may be psychos... All of you... are da bes.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Also I'm getting you all worked up for nothing, except it's really something, but really it's nothing, but really it's awesome, but really either way, but really don't listen to (read?) anything I'm saying (typing?), but really but really...
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

Doq

Smash Lord
:awesome:

I only hope the PMBR don't dunk on what's going on - or soon to be going on - in the too near future. That will remain a mystery until a few months before their next big update... which I hope to have this thing done waaaaay before then.

Edit: Oh yeah... I didn't think there would be as many people who like these simple (objectively) things that I've done this far so much. For that... I love you all more than you will every know.... more than some of you will ever know anyway. Some of you may already know... Some of you may be psychic... Some of you may be psychos... All of you... are da bes.
Speculating you fixed the death sounds in the Alt SFX doodz

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Quick question. Once I get the files for all the characters renamed to what they need to be in order to replace the sound files, do I need to do something similar for the announcer SFX? Or the menu? Or do I simply drag and drop for the announcer and menu sound effects?

Nannose

Smash Rookie
What exactly do the Fit[Character].pac files do? I wanna put these SFX in Theytah's pack, but he already has a bunch of custom Fit[Character].pac files and I don't want to mess everything up.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Speculating you fixed the death sounds in the Alt SFX doodz
Ah noooo... nooooooo.... Although... that IS a possibility...

Quick question. Once I get the files for all the characters renamed to what they need to be in order to replace the sound files, do I need to do something similar for the announcer SFX? Or the menu? Or do I simply drag and drop for the announcer and menu sound effects?
Just drag and drop sir or madam.

What exactly do the Fit[Character].pac files do? I wanna put these SFX in Theytah's pack, but he already has a bunch of custom Fit[Character].pac files and I don't want to mess everything up.
They change the the calls for the SFX so that they actually play exactly like they do in Melee. These mods can be made to be compatible with whatever changes are made in Theytah's .pac files. Like how I include Shun's sexy sword trails for Marth and Link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom