• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman, Pac-Man, and Sonic = THE perfect 3rd party trifecta (PAC-MAN CONFIRMED THE DREAM IS REAL!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I'm perfectly fine with Pacman, unless he cuts Snake.

Snake is one of my favorite characters ever.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Pacman is just piece of s*** that needs to be flushed. I do not find his aesthetic pleasing at all. There are plenty great nintendo characters they could choose from over this lame third party character.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to say this (no offence megaman): but isn't mario, sonic and pacman alot more icnoic gaming figures than Megaman? Among gamers Megaman will be just as well known I guess, but among a casual crowd I think he is far from as famous or iconic!

ps: I don't want pacman, I think he's 3D form is so ugly. Sorry *_*

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say this (no offence megaman): but isn't mario, sonic and pacman alot more icnoic gaming figures than Megaman? Among gamers Megaman will be just as well known I guess, but among a casual crowd I think he is far from as famous or iconic!

ps: I don't want pacman, I think he's 3D form is so ugly. Sorry *_*

Yes and what if they do to Pac-man that they did to Megaman?

I'm sure they willl go with his more Iconic and more Famous look.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You want a reason?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_Vs.

Pac-Man Vs. Seriously, Pac-Man Versus is some solid evidence for how Nintendo feels about Pac-Man. I mean, you've heavily simplified the reasoning for the other three Third-Party inclusions (Megaman was just as much about fan demand as Sonic was - being the most requested 3rd party for Smash 4), there's the fact that Namco-Bandai are working on the game - personally I think when he said Namco-Bandai won't get priority, he meant they wouldn't get more than 1 character just 'cos they're working on it (which some people genuinely thought) - and Pac-Man, I'd say at least, is one of the few remaining third-party characters that is truly as iconic as characters like Mario, Megaman, Sonic, Pikachu, Link, Donkey Kong and so on.

But ignore his mascot status, ignore his popularity, ignore his iconic looks and ignore Namco-Bandai's involvement for a while; how many third-party franchises do you know that have been worked on by Shigeru Miyamoto himself? It's certainly not an everyday occurrence by any means. I know there's no confirmation of Miyamoto having any role whatsoever in Smash 4, and his opinion alone wouldn't get the guy in even if he were working on the game, but it speaks volumes about Nintendo and Namco's professional relationship, as well as how fondly Nintendo view Pac-Man, to see that Nintendo EAD made a Pac-Man game at one point. Historically as Nintendo's most profitable, picky and important dev team, Nintendo EAD do not work on anything but their own franchises/brands, so it was an important milestone and it shows that the relationship between Nintendo and Pac-Man is definitely a very positive one.
Holy crap I need that game.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Holy crap I need that game.
Yeah I have it... and it's awesome.

But honestly, to the lesser-nerds out there, Mario chase in Nintendo Land will just be more fun and last longer.

These games are only fun with 3-4 players, and I've found that somebody would get bored with Pac-man Vs really quickly, which was a shame because I really enjoyed it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Are people still dissing Pac-Man? God. The idea of video gaming's 4 greatest icons is mind-blowing. If you told little boy me that there would be a game with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man in it fighting each other, I'd call you insane and tell my mother a strange person is talking to me. Nonetheless, no matter what haters say, it would be BIG. It would make plenty of nostalgic gamers happy and could momentarily cause world peace :awesome:.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be honest I'd be glad if Pac Man takes the last 3rd party spot, I wouldn't really care. I'm more concerned about the 1st party picks, to be honest. I really wish Sakurai toned down the enemy and sidekick count, in favor for more main characters from unrepresented franchises. Not to say I don't want ANY villains/sidekicks, just a lot less, only the essentials. Like... 2 new villains (Ridley, K.Rool) and 1 "sidekick" (Palutena). The rest should all be new main characters. :smirk:

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I will be very disappointed if they actually let Pac-Man in. That spot could go to so much more use if some other character would get it.
I understand its nostalgic, but that doesnt justify him getting in.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
so a battle between a robot, a plumber, a hedgehog and a yellow circle is the greatest of all time?

really?

CalumG

Smash Lord
so a battle between a robot, a plumber, a hedgehog and a yellow circle is the greatest of all time?

really?
In terms of gaming and awareness with the general public? Yeah, it pretty much is the greatest of all time, when it comes to marketing potential at least.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
While I wouldn't mind Pacman and would definitely use him in SSB4 were he to get in, I think Yoshimitsu would be the better Namco rep, seeing he has a lot more moveset potential and is important to both Tekken and Soul Calibur. But I think Pacman is most likely and I'm a pro Pacman.

Anyways, if Pacman and Sonic do get in(although I'm not worried about Sonic), I will definitely recreate this match a few hundred times.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I will be very disappointed if they actually let Pac-Man in. That spot could go to so much more use if some other character would get it.
I understand its nostalgic, but that doesnt justify him getting in.
It's not about nostalgia (well partial), it's about the legacy and foundation that Pac-man had on gaming and Nintendo more specifically. Having Pac-man on the NES was huge, having a arcade game right in your living room.
And based off of Sakurai's strict guidelines on who makes it into smash, Pac-man would be the go to Namco rep, if he was even going to consider a Namco rep at all.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
It's not about nostalgia (well partial), it's about the legacy and foundation that Pac-man had on gaming and Nintendo more specifically. Having Pac-man on the NES was huge, having a arcade game right in your living room.
And based off of Sakurai's strict guidelines on who makes it into smash, Pac-man would be the go to Namco rep, if he was even going to consider a Namco rep at all.

I just remember Link in Soul Calibur very vididly and would love a sort of cross like that to happen again. Pac Man was before many peoples times and he has little relevance with todays gaming industry.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just remember Link in Soul Calibur very vididly and would love a sort of cross like that to happen again. Pac Man was before many peoples times and he has little relevance with todays gaming industry.
That never stopped Pit, Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W and R.O.B from joining the roster. So I don't see how not growing up with today generation is would only hinder Pac-man. The only true thing hindering his arrival is him not being a Nintendo character.

As for Soul Calibur crossover fighters: The two fighting do differ in tones, and Sakurai may deem the SC cast as out of place in the Smash roster, similar to what the Tekken producer said about the Tekken cast in smash.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Although Yoshimitsu might be just weird enough to get in Smash...

But anyways, even if Pacman isn't relevant anymore, he was very relevant before. And we all know how Sakurai loves to bring back retro characters.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Tbh, if Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pacman were in the same game I'd set them all as lvl9 cpus and give them all 99 stocks and just watch.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Although Yoshimitsu might be just weird enough to get in Smash...

But anyways, even if Pacman isn't relevant anymore, he was very relevant before. And we all know how Sakurai loves to bring back retro characters.
But Pac-Man is relevant today with Pac-Man World being a huge hit and a new Pac-Man game coming to wii u as well. But you gotta admit the whole gamings biggest icons from gaming's father companies duking it out would be epic :3

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
But Pac-Man is relevant today with Pac-Man World being a huge hit and a new Pac-Man game coming to wii u as well. But you gotta admit the whole gamings biggest icons from gaming's father companies duking it out would be epic :3
I didn't even know about those things, but like I said before I'm still pro Pacman. And I admit, it would one of the most epic fights.

Alzi

Smash Master
Although I am not really into pacman, I am sure if he does get in the game sakurai and his team would do a great job of representing pacman in the same way they did to megaman.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As the topic of this thread was to do with characters, it's been moved to the Character Discussion section.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Got two out of the three confirmed! I'm really hoping for Pac-Man actually. I think he'd be a great addition.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope Pac-Man is playable in SSB4. I wanna see Pac-Man eat the blue gaming legends (Mario, Mega Man, Sonic). :awesome:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Despite Pac-Man's game getting released this month, with Sonic's reveal I think it's far too soon for another third-party to be released. However, May of next year will by Pac-Man's 34th anniversary.

Might be a nice time to reveal him then if he's in the game.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Despite Pac-Man's game getting released this month, with Sonic's reveal I think it's far too soon for another third-party to be released. However, May of next year will by Pac-Man's 34th anniversary.

I'd rather they flush him down the toilet. To suffer with the sewer rats.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Pretty much this.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

He has 2 chances the 3ds version is in november

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom