• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman, Pac-Man, and Sonic = THE perfect 3rd party trifecta (PAC-MAN CONFIRMED THE DREAM IS REAL!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

If the above image doesn't excite you in any way, you probably weren't gaming in the 90's (and it's probably past your bedtime). The above 4 have literally defined not just a generation of gaming, but gaming itself. 15 years ago (close to the birth of the Smash series itself) if someone had told me that the Smash series would eventually lead to the above 4 duking it out I wouldn't have been able to even fathom it...

And it's so close to becoming reality. 4 of the biggest icons to ever grace a Nintendo console finally coming together... Nearly 15 years in the process.

It's pretty much the gaming equivalent of an ultimate throw-down between Chuck Norris, Abraham Lincoln, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jesus.

This NEEDS to happen.

UPDATE: HOLY **** GUYS THE DREAM IS ****ING REAL!!!

Last edited:
Nah.

Personally, I liked Snake a lot more than most of the characters in Brawl. Hell, I liked him better than Sonic and Megaman. It's really hard to imagine Snake not being in smash for me.

Pac-Man seems kinda lame.

grizby2

Smash Lord
15 years ago (close to the birth of the Smash series itself) if someone had told me that the Smash series would eventually lead to the above 4 duking it out I wouldn't have been able to even fathom it...
im thinking about smash bros before it even came out. I think even the IDEA of smash bros. would make me numb.

it would be great to see those 4 in the same place., and theres a good chance it can happen. it could even be an Event match! :D

Yeah. Mega Man sucked in Brawl.

I like Snake, sue me. I beat like, every Megaman game ever, I love Megaman, but not as much as Megaman X. When I gauge my excitement for the reveal of Snake vs Megaman, Snake won me over. I love Metal Gear, I love his moves, his character and everything about him.

Sorry i'm not that hyped?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
im thinking about smash bros before it even came out. I think even the IDEA of smash bros. would make me numb.
I think playing the original Smash Bros. for the first time as a 9 year old kid is the closest I will ever come to a religious experience.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Having all three would be excellent, one is confirmed (Megaman), another is very probable (Sonic), and the last (Pac-Man) is a maybe.

But I wouldn't mind it at all if they kept in Snake. If only it was interesting to have someone like him add some diversity to the Smash cast even if he only got in by the fact his creator is best buddies with Sakurai. Also, I'd love to see the Codec calls return with him. Would be a chance to have some meta jokes as Snake remembers fighting them in Brawl and now faces the veterans again plus of course the new characters.

Some would say 4 3rd party characters in the game would be a stretch given what Sakurai said. But I have reason to believe that doesn't necessarily mean the veteran 3rd Parties are in danger, and I mean both Sonic and Snake. I believe Sakurai meant new 3rd parties, whether his comment means that Megaman will be the only new 3rd Party addition, or there's room for only one more (Like say... Pac-Man) is to be announced.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I want Pac-Man so badly.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Pac-man would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for him.
Captain Falcon would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for him.
G&W would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for him.
ROB would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for it.
Villager would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for him.
WFT would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for her.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac-man would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for him.
Another guy who doesn't know a thing about the character he's trying to talk about.

It also doesn't help that Sakurai already dealt with characters who don't have any move sets. (Captain Falcon)

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
It also doesn't help that Sakurai already dealt with characters who don't have any move sets. (Captain Falcon)[/quote]
Give me a full move-set.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Captain Falcon would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for him.
Villager would have almost no Move-set. That'd be really hard to make one for him.
Captain Falcon is the only one I can't say anything about because I don't know much about him, and Villager. The other ones can have move-sets made. WFT has tons of WF games to take abilities from, also. She's a Fitness Trainer. That specializes in Yoga, she can use yoga poses to attack. Same goes for G&W. He has, tons of things he can choose from. Same applies for ROB. Maybe you should research your characters backgrounds before you say anything. Doesn't seem like you know much.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Give me a full move-set.
Care to give me a FULL moveset for Pac-Man then? Go ahead. Try.
Go to the Pac-Man thread in the Character section of the forum. You'll find a lot of movesets there. A few of them are really interesting ideas. (Not counting the boring ones)

Or you can, you know, google search movesets. you don't need to act like it's an extremely hard process.

Anyway, i'm in the process of making a moveset but it's not ready yet. So.....yeah. Trying to make it unique.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Give me a full move-set.

Moveset by Neanderthal, Image by Professor Fandango @ DeviantART:

Neanderthal,
Chomp: Like Toad waaaaaay back when I started this project, Chomp requires Wario to change his standard special (or they could just have to same one) due to a cool little idea I had a while ago (and will hopefully draw at come point.) It works pretty much the same way.

Rev Roll: What is this, Sonic the Hedgehog? This little manoeuvre is just like Yoshi's Egg Roll, or possibly Jigglypuff's Rollout. It involves rolling, is what I'm saying.
Dot Chain: For this move you don't actually control Pac himself, but a chain of dots which he follows. They begin by moving upwards but you can control them - only at right angles - until they run out, seven to ten of them, I'm thinking.

Butt Bounce: What is this, Super Mario? Not unlike the Yoshi Bomb and Bowser Bomb, but Pac-Man actually bounces, allowing the chance to chain them. I know some of these moves are a bit straightforward and/or derivative but I think it makes for a simple, accessible moveset.

Power Pellet: Throwing a glowing orb down his gullet (?) causes Pac-Man to grow to several times his size, lose his limbs and features and go back to that classic cheese/pizza/trivial pursuit shape everybody knows him for. Fully controllable but again only at right angles, Pac has to chase down his opponents in an effort to eat them. Not sure which is more balanced, biting them for big damage (a la Ultimate Chimera) or swallowing them for and instant knock out (a la Balloon Fight Fish) but either way maybe your enemies will turn blue for this technique?

By Professor Fandango @ DevientArt
http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-Pacman-352445010?q=gallery%3Aprofessorfandango%2F341752&qo=37

Anything else you'd like to add to this thread? Cause as of now you're contributing very little.

Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter
G&W has many games that involve him doing many different things
ROB is a robot
Villager collects stuff.
Wii Fit Trainer does Yoga

Pac man eats spheres. I mean you can give him arms and legs but no other note worthy attributes. It's difficult to make something like that exciting. The difference between Pacman and these characters is that the other characters have gimmicks, or something noteworthy. Even if they aren't exactly fighters, they have a gimmick. Captain Falcon is racer, but he is a bounty hunter. G&W is just a game, but he has a bunch of games involving him doing many things, ROB just spins tops, but he's a robot, Villager collects stuff, but he has a lot of stuff, Wii Fit Trainer is a yoga instructor, but she is athletic. I honestly can't think of everything for pacman except for eating spheres since he has no impact on the modern gaming world.

Pacman was in Street Fighter X Tekken, but you didn't play AS Pacman, you played with him in some wooden robot suit thing with no attacks relating to what he is or does, a total cop-out. I don't want to see that again.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Go to the Pac-Man thread in the Character section of the forum. You'll find a lot of movesets there. A few of them are really interesting ideas. (Not counting the boring ones)

Or you can, you know, google search movesets. you don't need to act like it's an extremely hard process.

Anyway, I'm in the process of making a moveset but it's not ready yet. So.....yeah. Trying to make it unique.
Sure, that's 5 things. And perhaps he can do something with the fruits in his games. Other than that there's not much to work with.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
It would be great, but... the only problem I have is that we would have this:

Instead of good ol' Pac-Man, I know his original form is impossible but his new design is ugly.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Sure, that's 5 things. And perhaps he can do something with the fruits in his games. Other than that there's not much to work with.
Yep. Let's ignore the many other games he has to draw attacks from. Seeing as you only know about the original game. [/sarcasm]

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Should have known this thread would erupt into senseless bickering about why "x" character shouldn't be in.

I give up on making threads on this board.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes. It will be a clash of the titans. Once I heard Megaman was in I had the vision of all 4 clashing in a battle. It would be the most epic thing ever... even more epic than Sweet Tooth throwing molotovs at a Sackboy while a Big Daddy is swimming around... and Parappa. You get the point.

It is the reason I liked Smash Bros in the first place, it is the reason I gave the game a chance! Imagining Link vs Pikachu vs Mario vs Fox was literally orgasmic. Now the gods of gaming will collide. It brings back memories! :rotfl:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Should have known this thread would erupt into senseless bickering about why "x" character shouldn't be in.

I give up on making threads on this board.
Don't worry. I agree with you on the idea you were trying to get across. It would be epic.

Four way mascot war in that epic boxing ring stage.

Morbi

Scavenger
Captain Falcon is the only one I can't say anything about because I don't know much about him, and Villager. The other ones can have move-sets made. WFT has tons of WF games to take abilities from, also. She's a Fitness Trainer. That specializes in Yoga, she can use yoga poses to attack. Same goes for G&W. He has, tons of things he can choose from. Same applies for ROB. Maybe you should research your characters backgrounds before you say anything. Doesn't seem like you know much.
If you said that Wii FIt Trainer could use Yoga poses to attack before she would be revealed you would have been ridiculed and berated by almost every member on the board. It is a good idea in hind-sight. No one would have said something so stupid before her reveal though. Yoga poses to attack? That is the opposite of Yoga. The very notion is antithetical. Not to mention it is a very juvenile idea.

Lets put in Miis! They could totally bowl and throw tennis balls to attack! Maybe they even break out the Wii Mote and Nunchuck for some action (bad example because Villager is in the game :laugh: ).

As for Falcon and Fox/Falco they were made out of implied movesets. Sora Ltd. literally made them from scratch. So I have no idea why he couldn't make one for Pac-Man. I mean really Pac-Man wouldn't be the most interesting fighter. Anyone can make a move-set for him; however, it wouldn't be interesting. Similar to how Sonic turned out in Brawl.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Some basic ideas for Pac-Man.

1. His ball body can be used to some way since it seems to have the properties of a super ball. (Based off the Butt Bounce move from the Pac-Man world games)

2. He has two potential recovery moves. (Red pellet from the World trilogy and the grappling hook from Pac-In-Time)

3. The power ups from the new game coming soon for the Wii U and 3DS. (Ghostly Adventures)

4. The basic Pac-man World moveset. (Bite, Rev Roll, Butt Bounce, red pellet, and Power Pellet)

5. Machine gun pellet spit from Pac-In-Time would be hilarious.

It's not really hard to see how he could potentially be really unique.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Some basic ideas for Pac-Man.

1. His ball body can be used to some way since it seems to have the properties of a super ball. (Based off the Butt Bounce move from the Pac-Man world games)

2. He has two potential recovery moves. (Red pellet from the World trilogy and the grappling hook from Pac-In-Time)

3. The power ups from the new game coming soon for the Wii U and 3DS. (Ghostly Adventures)

4. The basic Pac-man World moveset. (Bite, Rev Roll, Butt Bounce, red pellet, and Power Pellet)

5. Machine gun pellet spit from Pac-In-Time would be hilarious.

It's not really hard to see how he could potentially be really unique.

Wait... You mean to tell me he can actually do something other than eat pellets?

Morbi

Scavenger
What about Simon Belmont from the Castlevania games?
Yeah. I forgot! Silly me! Simon is just like Mario/Megaman! He is literally an icon that everyone knows regardless of ever playing his games! How could he not be part of the 3rd party trifecta?! What an injustice! /sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom