• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McLeodGaming Direct Recap

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they are going to bring anything from smash 4 into the game, Like Kirby's Ultra Sword FS, and Yoshi's Inproved FS, Newcomers like Little Mac and Shulk and even Smash 4 Sfx, Please do this McLeodGaming!

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Why? Because playable Ridley? :troll:

Seriously though, Smash Flash 2 has taken a "quality over quantity" method for its roster, while Crusade........not so much. Which is why SSF2 will always outrank Crusade.

*dramatic silence*
amen

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I'm glad Goku is in this game. It's not like he'd ever be in an official Smash game, it brings in Dragonball elements I'm a fan of, and gives people who really want him an outlet. I've never watched Naruto or Bleach, so I have no opinion on them, but they were implemented with quality, so they should stay.

They're honestly like a trademark of the game at this point. Also, unrelated, but Black Mage is a frickin' amazingly well done character.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just see a bunch of copy right infringement.

Even if the game isnt being sold any profits. If the website hosting it or offering a download that have revenue from advertising could be argued in court that those proceeds are inpart from the infringment as a portion of those views were people coming to download it.

You guys see a fan game, i see some one stealing intellectual properties.

I don't understand why Smashboards promotes this stuff.
Because it's indisputably Fair Use under United States law, perhaps? It's at the same level of legality as fanfiction. They don't profit from advertising (they're often in debt, in fact), and they don't accept donations. The only revenue they get is from selling T-shirts, etc. with their own personal, non-IP-containing website logo.

I guess we have to go after Project M, too, then. They're even modifying a console! That encourages piracyyyyy

(I was being sarcastic there.)

Can I use a controller to play this game?
Yes. The devs recommend either Joy2Key or Xpadder.
Message me later, and I'll tell you how to get analog controls to work.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I want to play this game and USE ISAAC.

It look very promising.
Some of the sprite of this game are really beutiffull in the game.

Thinking about about, I think they can add Chibi-Robo and Isaac in a future Official Smash game because...
Look crusade and Duck Hunt... Now I want to play this.

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Because it's indisputably Fair Use under United States law, perhaps?

I guess we have to go after Project M, too, then. They're even modifying a console! That encourages piracyyyyy

Yes.. with Joy2Key because iirc Flash has broken gamepad support. :pikachu64:
oh hai saikyoshi i didn't see ya there

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman

It look very promising.

Thinking about about, I think they can add Chibi-Robo and Isaac in a future Official Smash game because...
Yeah, and ridley's even in smash 4!

as an stage boss :awesome:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

It look very promising.

Mega Man was added years before SSB4 was announced, as were the Blue Shell and Cucco items. ;)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
@ Ultresmasher5 Ultresmasher5 , you're kind of absolutely spamming. If I hadn't replied to you, that would have been your sixth post in a row. Even TWO posts in a row is against the rules here.

Last edited:

Ichel

Smash Rookie
Brawl in computer xD
I'm not saying that is bad, I play brawl but... I only play this game (when I'm bored obiously) with the non-smash bros characters :happysheep:

Still Meta Knight is broken...

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
although the did get the cuckoo and the blue shell right :surprised:
And Mega Man 2. SSF2's MEga Man is garbage tier. let's compare recoveries:

Rush Coil: Goes higher, increased horizontal height, hitstun gives it back, abusable by other rare, ridiculously fast and keeps jump...

Beat: Slower, hitstun=-1 stock, you literally get OHKOed by a fireball. less horizontal movement, doesn't sweetspot, can shoot hitstunless pellets, cannot cancel except by using a laggy aerial, meanign grabbing the ledge is impossible. You lose your jump on use. IN that game, most characters have higher recoveries that sweetspot the ledge can don't let them get OHKOed by the first hit of a jab.

SSF2 Man has some of the slowest moves in Smash history. He's lighter, has no quick reliable kills, but better projectiles and stronger moves. SSB4 Man will make sure you don't approach can gimp really low, wall jump, can weave in and out with aerials. Of course, some projectiles are worse in some ways.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Because it's indisputably Fair Use under United States law, perhaps? It's at the same level of legality as fanfiction. They don't profit from advertising (they're often in debt, in fact), and they don't accept donations. The only revenue they get is from selling T-shirts, etc. with their own personal, non-IP-containing website logo.

They could argue it effects sales, of similarly existing games.
Due to the number of intellectual properties from multinational companies i think it'll take a bit more than usa law.

Come the end of the day when multinational companies slap you with a cease and desist you won't have the money to fight them in court.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
This game looks fantastic, gameplay wise. I hope to be able to play it properly by connecting my GCN adapter in my PC.

But I just don't like those anime characters, who the hell would ask for Ichigo, Goku and Naruto in a Smash game?!? It would be miles better if was only with game characters, but since they were already there for a long time, I shouldn't complain about this.

KaizoKuribo

Smash Rookie
Why is there still no Luigi, though? He's not really a clone of Mario or anything like that, I never understood the reason they never included him. o_O

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226

Thanks, ill hit you up when I get a chance.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Why is there still no Luigi, though? He's not really a clone of Mario or anything like that, I never understood the reason they never included him. o_O
"Beta" is still a demo, it's just the last demo. There's still a chance for Luigi when we bring in all of the unlockable content at once in the full game release. :)

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This game looks fantastic, gameplay wise. I hope to be able to play it properly by connecting my GCN adapter in my PC.

But I just don't like those anime characters, who the hell would ask for Ichigo, Goku and Naruto in a Smash game?!? It would be miles better if was only with game characters, but since they were already there for a long time, I shouldn't complain about this.
Goku's actually one of the most commonly requested characters. Just because you and most of Smashboards think it's ridiculous doesn't change the raw numbers; this isn't the only place on the internet, after all.

At least you understand the grandfather clause with them, though. I'm just letting you know that there is, in fact, a demand.

Also, according to the Alexa ranking, roughly 1/5 of McLeodGaming's visitors are from Japan.

Last edited:

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
Will there be an american football sandbag for arena mode because I really want Capn Falcon as my linebacker

Noventia

Smash Cadet
Bowser's sidesmash isn't the dropkick from ssb4. I am disappointed.

Lol jk

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

Yeah at least you know that they were there too long. In 2010 they started going more professional, so they decided to screw any more random additions. But the game had been out for years, and those 3 had mains. I think keeping characters you don't have to use or you can preferably constantly murder is better than alienating the mains of 3 characters just to please some people, MOST (not all, most, you're not doing this) of which are using "My opinion is enough to keep this character out, and if it isn't I'm not playing the game" logic.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
This game always looked cool to me. Would play if they removed anime characters.
Okay, no Pikachu or Jigglypuff. I'm guessing you don't play any other smash games because they're included.

Top Bottom