• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McLeodGaming Direct Recap

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
As discussed in a previous article, McLeodGaming, creators of Super Smash Flash 2 had a McLeodGaming Direct today. These are similar to Nintendo Directs except that they only cover Super Smash Flash 2. For those unable to watch the event live, it has also been uploaded to Youtube and embedded here.

Things covered in the direct include new characters, character changes, stage updates, new stages, new games modes and even more! There is a lot that was covered in the direct so be sure to give it a watch. For those extra excited at the news and may be attending Apex be sure to check out their booth there or watch the live stream of the event to see more. A quote from TSON, Super Smash Flash 2 developer states "Viewers can expect to see lots of screaming, lots of fun, maybe a couple spoilers, and a surprise or two!" With this video showing so much does this mean even more surprises are in store? We can't know until Apex 2015!

SmashCapps plans to keep playing as Black Mage but is excited to see Isaac and Bowser added to the roster. Follow him on Twitter and tweet about some Super Smash Flash 2!

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
This game always looked cool to me. Would play if they removed anime characters.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
At first I just dismissed this game as dumb for having characters like Naruto in it, but wow it looks like an amazing fan game!

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
That isn't a "recap". This is "I'm just going to relink it"

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
With this kind of coverage might as well but this game on the main part of the boards like P:M.

But his game has the hatedumbz for "replacing" P:M at APEX. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
Honestly, this game looks great for a Smash Brosesque flash game,for free on PC. The only reason it has the anime characters are because those 3 are the most well known American from Japan animes. Bleach, Naruto and Dragon Ball Z.

I personally think it looks well done considering each sprite is made from scratch, besides a few like Sonic and Tails. I personally like Chibi Robo and Sora.

Also, this is more of a video link, and less of a Recap.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Meh, I would definitely gives this a try if they would've added Rosalina to the roster.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Issac?
Classic?
Bowser?
Desk?
Not interested in Isaac.
Classic is tacking on fake difficulty with unnecessary "perils". All I want are tough opponents, not ****ing handicaps.
Bowser is already in official Smash Bros. games. I'll play those.
Desk is nice. Not hype, but it's nice. Never played Chibi Robo so can't establish a real opinion.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
This game always looked cool to me. Would play if they removed anime characters.
The anime characters are grandfather claused. No more will be added since they've changed to a more professional goal in 2010 (Seriously, they used to have a lot more planned. Most of them have been axed.), but existing ones won't be taken out because, as they were programmed before the goal change, they have existing and active mains that they don't want to alienate.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I don't understand what's so bad about the anime characters.

iongammarays

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luckymicah
I was really hoping they would change Mega Man to his SSB4 moveset so I could use this as a practice of sorts for my Mega Man

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Those sprites look more beautiful than before.

I want to use Isaac. And Chibi-Robo, a game that feature a freaking Tamagochi and Eggplant Man. Still have my copy and still a gem to my heart.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Brawl based Bowser with Smash 4 running animations? Interesting. Also wonder if any sound effects will be updated in general to even include some from the new Smash.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Most of the sound effects in Smash 4 are from Brawl so........they already did!
That's not true most of the hitsounds are completely different to sound more N64 esque even the effect sounds like fire and thunder were changed. The only thing that they brought over from Brawl was the grab sound and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head, but most of them are new.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Super Smash Bros. Crusade really needs to get its name out.
Why? Because playable Ridley? :troll:

Seriously though, Smash Flash 2 has taken a "quality over quantity" method for its roster, while Crusade........not so much. Which is why SSF2 will always outrank Crusade.
you missed these. ""
plz nu hrt meh killager
*dramatic silence*

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The anime characters are grandfather claused. No more will be added since they've changed to a more professional goal in 2010 (Seriously, they used to have a lot more planned. Most of them have been axed.), but existing ones won't be taken out because, as they were programmed before the goal change, they have existing and active mains that they don't want to alienate.
The devs didn't flat-out deconfirm no more anime characters though.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The devs didn't flat-out deconfirm no more anime characters though.
They removed an item (the Exploding Tag) solely because it was from Naruto. Along with multiple statements from [TSON], along with more than one major developer really not liking shōnen anime, I think it's pretty safe to assume.

In fact, I admire the respect they show for the existing players by not patching out the three most hated and death-threat-attracting characters in the game despite the fact that they very easily could and have far more than enough reason to.

*snap* Just like that.

Last edited:

Tid

Smash Cadet
Thank you all so much for your interest, and thank you SmashCapps for continuing to get the word out there whenever we post this kind of stuff! Looking forward to seeing those of you who can make it to the booth!

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I really like the Desk stage, and arena mode seems cool. However, they shouldn't have ended it on Bowser. It's nice to have him back, but an established returning character like him isn't very hype worthy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
They removed an item (the Exploding Tag) solely because it was from Naruto. Along with multiple statements from [TSON], along with more than one major developer really not liking shōnen anime, I think it's pretty safe to assume.

In fact, I admire the respect they show for the existing players by not patching out the three most hated and death-threat-attracting characters in the game despite the fact that they very easily could and have far more than enough reason to.

*snap* Just like that.
Isn't Cleod deciding what the whole roster is going to be? Just because the devs don't like the additions doesn't mean Cleod is likely not going add any more anime characters. :p

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Isn't Cleod deciding what the whole roster is going to be? Just because the devs don't like the additions doesn't mean Cleod is likely not going add any more anime characters. :p
You just want to see Luffy, don't you? :p

Also, how did you post this in the future?
image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom