• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McLeodGaming Direct Recap

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I used to keep up with this game till around v8.0. Maybe I'll come back again. Despite me not liking some of McLeodGaming's creative directions, I really admire their work for really pushing the boundaries of Flash games. There's no other Flash-developed fighting game I've played that's as smooth as SSF2!

They removed an item (the Exploding Tag) solely because it was from Naruto. Along with multiple statements from [TSON], along with more than one major developer really not liking shōnen anime, I think it's pretty safe to assume.

In fact, I admire the respect they show for the existing players by not patching out the three most hated and death-threat-attracting characters in the game despite the fact that they very easily could and have far more than enough reason to.

*snap* Just like that.
But not all represented content from those 3 anime were removed probably for the sake of representation consistency. Planet Namek's in the trailer, and last time I checked, Hueco Mundo and Hidden Leaf Village were still present.

Does show how they respect their audience by not cutting them though. Though I loathe all 3 anime featured, with an extremely soft lukewarm on Dragonball Z. Let's just say I wouldn't mind their inclusion if their wasn't at least 1 character from another medium to strike a balance. Say, why not add some comic book characters?

I really like the Desk stage, and arena mode seems cool. However, they shouldn't have ended it on Bowser. It's nice to have him back, but an established returning character like him isn't very hype worthy.
I'd assume they're building him up to a surprise character reveal during Apex. I mean, Bowser's been teased through years of screenshots.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I wanted to try Crusade, but I messed with the controller inputs, cuz I was frustrated at not being able to use my controller, and it made it so that wasd does everything at once, and makes it impossible, literally, to play at all. or navigate. Mistakes were made.

Smash Flash 2 seems more polished tho, and has a better way to online play, iirc.

Tid

Smash Cadet
I'm not confirming or denying anything but for what it's worth we removed exploding tag because it randomly started causing some game breaking bugs and we were only a few days away from releasing a build.

It'll probably return in a future update.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I wish that also I want to see are, Shantae, Risky Boots, Rotty Tops, Sky, Bolo, Neku Sakuraba, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune and Manic and Sonia The Hedgehogs in Super Smash Flash 2!
Cloed9 confirmed? :troll:
I'm not confirming or denying anything but for what it's worth we removed exploding tag because it randomly started causing some game breaking bugs and we were only a few days away from releasing a build.

It'll probably return in a future update.
Take THAT, anime haters! ^_^

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
This game always looked cool to me. Would play if they removed anime characters.
So you won't play a game because It has a charcter you'd never use nor like in it? Then unless you like all the Smash 4 characters, with your logic you shouldn't play that, either.

Don't like a char? Don't use them. Or better, beat them up with your favorite!

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
*riiing riiing* sorry. can someone pick up the phone? cause I FREAKIN' CALLED IT! yess!! Bowser (i thought they would also add luigi tho...) :(

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Bowser Is in the Castle hm? Can't help but feel that the inspiration for that tag line came from this

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Why? Because playable Ridley? :troll:

Seriously though, Smash Flash 2 has taken a "quality over quantity" method for its roster, while Crusade........not so much. Which is why SSF2 will always outrank Crusade.

*dramatic silence*
Nowhere in my post did I say SSF2 was better than Crusade or that I prefer Crusade over SSF2. As a developing fangame, Crusade should keep getting its name out so more people know about it. It has virtually nothing to with which game is better(not saying that should matter since they're both free Smash Bros. games almost anyone can play).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Needs moar Shrek then I'm good. Jk

I'll at least watch the livestream this week since I am curious as to what these "surprises" will be.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I used to keep up with this game till around v8.0. Maybe I'll come back again. Despite me not liking some of McLeodGaming's creative directions, I really admire their work for really pushing the boundaries of Flash games. There's no other Flash-developed fighting game I've played that's as smooth as SSF2!

But not all represented content from those 3 anime were removed probably for the sake of representation consistency. Planet Namek's in the trailer, and last time I checked, Hueco Mundo and Hidden Leaf Village were still present.

Does show how they respect their audience by not cutting them though. Though I loathe all 3 anime featured, with an extremely soft lukewarm on Dragonball Z. Let's just say I wouldn't mind their inclusion if their wasn't at least 1 character from another medium to strike a balance. Say, why not add some comic book characters?

I'd assume they're building him up to a surprise character reveal during Apex. I mean, Bowser's been teased through years of screenshots.
I actually remember a conversation about comic book characters in the game about a year ago.

I don't think it's likely, but it might be a possibility. The biggest issue I really see is the lack of a major release on a Nintendo platform; most are just movie tie-ins. I thought Marvel 2 was also on the GameCube at first, but it turns out I was wrong about that.

Also, they're still trying to live down having Mr. Incredible in SSF1. That's a thing.

So how do you exactly do 2 player on these things? keyboards kinda aren't shareable
USB controllers.

As a matter of fact, the SSF2 Backroom is discussing whether or not keyboards are to be banned in local competitve SSF2; too much potential for "accidentally" seizing control of the opponent.

Last edited:

LittleKirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9780-8721
USB controllers.

As a matter of fact, keyboards are banned in local competitve SSF2; too much potential for "accidentally" seizing control of the opponent.
I'm gonna hook up and map my MOMO Racing Wheel + Acceleration Pad to this game
And no one is gonna stop me.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm gonna hook up and map my MOMO Racing Wheel + Acceleration Pad to this game
And no one is gonna stop me.
Don't forget a program like Joy2Key (free, but unreliable) or Xpadder (good, but costs money). That converts controller inputs into key inputs so you can play games that don't have native controller support.

LittleKirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9780-8721
Don't forget a program like Joy2Key (free, but unreliable) or Xpadder (good, but costs money). That converts controller inputs into key inputs so you can play games that don't have native controller support.
Just the thought of playing smash bros with a STEERING WHEEL exites me.

I'm so gonna do this lolz

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So
When is SSF2 gonna get it's own Subforum
Y'know what I'm sayin? :4bowser:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Just the thought of playing smash bros with a STEERING WHEEL exites me.

I'm so gonna do this lolz
So are you gunna set the wheel to your movement and then press individual keys on your keyboard to do other moves?

Just imagine how stupid it would look Dash Dancing with a steering wheel.

LittleKirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9780-8721
So are you gunna set the wheel to your movement and then press individual keys on your keyboard to do other moves?

Just imagine how stupid it would look Dash Dancing with a steering wheel.
Yeah, The combo of the wheel and Acceleration pad make an XY axis similar to a joysick, and I juess I can set the two handbrakes to sheild, the six buttons to A, B, etc. and the gear shift to the cstick for quick up and down smashes

Imagine perfect pivoting XD

Zoa

Smash Ace
I've been playing this since my early days in high school. Always kept up to date with it because the game play was fantastic, liked so many characters, and I have a USB controller. Now the final version is looming on the horizon? Seriously guys? Thanks a ton for your hard work over the years. It brought many fantastic memories. Can't wait for the beta and final version.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I agree. The game is more popular then 3DS Smash, it deserves it's own subforum ;kappa;

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
They removed an item (the Exploding Tag) solely because it was from Naruto. Along with multiple statements from [TSON], along with more than one major developer really not liking shōnen anime, I think it's pretty safe to assume.

In fact, I admire the respect they show for the existing players by not patching out the three most hated and death-threat-attracting characters in the game despite the fact that they very easily could and have far more than enough reason to.

*snap* Just like that.
Honestly, people need to get over themselves. It's a fan game with a fanmade roster. The explosive kunai shouldn't have been patched out because it was the representation for the anime character Naruto. Other newcomers are probably gonna get their own items in the final build while anime characters don't. Why? Because of the stupidity of people. Anime Characters don't hurt the game, they add variety to it.

Also whens Luffy being added

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
Happy with all the changes, VERY disappointing with Bowser though, why the hell would they give him his ****ty brawl move set, when he got some of the biggest improvements of any character in Smash 4? I know I won't be using him here he doesn't even stand up right

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I just see a bunch of copy right infringement.

Even if the game isnt being sold any profits. If the website hosting it or offering a download that have revenue from advertising could be argued in court that those proceeds are inpart from the infringment as a portion of those views were people coming to download it.

You guys see a fan game, i see some one stealing intellectual properties.

I don't understand why Smashboards promotes this stuff.

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
The anime characters have all appeared on Nintendo consoles.... they're not that extraordinary e.e

Top Bottom