• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and KTAR SPAU 4 Project:M and Smash4 (Livonia, MI)

JTsm

Smash Master
I'll change the OP in a bit, but if this increases to 40+ for PM singles we'll have top 5 payout. If lower, Top 3.

Zike

Smash Rookie
Any idea how much room for friendlies is going to be at this event currently? I just picked up PM after not playing melee for like 8 years, so I'm really out of practice (though I realize there is time to do some work before the event). If I were to attend, I'd be expecting to be knocked out relatively early, but I'd hope I could get to meet some people in the community in friendlies and be able to figure out where I stand as a whole.

JTsm

Smash Master
We're going to do round robin pools to give people more sets to play in tourney. Depending on how many people we decide to enter bracket will determine how much free time we have. I don't think we're going to have a problem with time. The student center closes at 1am and we have to close up at 12:30, so we should be good. lol

Zike

Smash Rookie
Aight, that all sounds great. I'll probably be there either way, I was just curious as it's the first public event that I'll be going to in a long time. Excited to meet others who play in the area. Will be keeping tabs on this thread as time passes.

JTsm

Smash Master
Don't worry about having a cap at this. I can always get a bigger room.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll be bringing a full setup. Also, since I'm only entering Singles, I can help with the stream and do commentary.

Top Bottom