• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and KTAR SPAU 4 Project:M and Smash4 (Livonia, MI)

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Explain to me why your taking the "game" that is supposed to unite the 2 smash scenes,I'm excluding 64 I know but they don't ***** about the other games, and keep it exclusive creating another faction of the core group

JTsm

Smash Master
I'm not part of the PMBR. So any messages they may portray is not on me. I just like the game and deserves more credit as another competitive fighter.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Explain to me why your taking the "game" that is supposed to unite the 2 smash scenes,I'm excluding 64 I know but they don't ***** about the other games, and keep it exclusive creating another faction of the core group

Explain to me why youre taking the "game" (brawl) that was made by the creators to be casual and taking it to competitive levels with tournaments and such

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
wow

oh well

as long as you treat brawl like a side event i guess it's fine.

next tournament i run will be PM exclusive tho.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Why do you want to have less support for your tournaments? and you dissapointed that more people will be here?

Xatic

Smash Lord
I don't see the problem in having both games there; as long as people understand that this is supposed to be a Project M themed event and that Project M will be the main event then there really shouldn't be a problem.

It'll be just like it always is with slightly more emphasis on P:M instead of on the other games.

And yeah I agree; this cross game hate is getting real old.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
the irony is real and your responses disingenuous at best. i don't hate or disrespect brawl and i think it's pretty obvious that i have felt that way for a long time? especially since i am one of... idk 2 active brawl TOs in my own state and was a free, but active potmonster for at least three years. but think what you want

as long as p:m isn't being treated as secondary i don't really care.

good luck in cultivating SE Michigan Kyle, Scott. It's really hard trying to build a community in remote locations, I hope this tournament ends up huge.

like i said to xatic earlier, i think hosting a regular event around Ypsilanti before this or at least trying to start up a club/weeklies at EMU is a good first step.

What constitutes a side event vs a main event? At our ranbats we run P:M singles and Doubles, at the same entry fee as brawl singles and doubles. It's a legitimate event, except that nobody from the P:M community enters them. If you **** want your ****ty hack to be taken seriously, at least enter the damn tournaments we have for it.

You all just wanna complain, that's just the kind of game and community P:M is, a game to complain about brawl with a shot to beat people who are good at melee without getting good at melee.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
A lot of the P:M community consists of Melee players, and the ones that aren't Melee players adapt their mentality towards Brawl and become wanna-be Melee players. Don't ***** about more events being added to the schedule. It's not like your event is directly affected by Brawl being added in. You'll still have TVs, you'll still have the same people who'll attend for P:M, and if your attendance results lower from P:M because of Brawl being an addition, then your community is full of immature ****s who I won't reserve any respect for.

Xatic

Smash Lord
the irony is real and your responses disingenuous at best. i don't hate or disrespect brawl and i think it's pretty obvious that i have felt that way for a long time? especially since i am one of... idk 2 active brawl TOs in my own state and was a free, but active potmonster for at least three years. but think what you want

as long as p:m isn't being treated as secondary i don't really care.

good luck in cultivating SE Michigan Kyle, Scott. It's really hard trying to build a community in remote locations, I hope this tournament ends up huge.

like i said to xatic earlier, i think hosting a regular event around Ypsilanti before this or at least trying to start up a club/weeklies at EMU is a good first step.

The thing I don't think you seem to understand is; This was announced as a Project M event. What does adding an event do to the Project M event? The answer is nothing. As Meek said; you will still get your TVs and your events will still run. The ONLY event that comes to mind that hurt Project M as an event really badly was Body City back in August. And even then; it was advertised as a side event. It wasn't a main event, there was no doubles and it was cheaper than the other two events. So when something goes wrong with the event itself; Yes the side event will suffer. But other than that; Ranbats have been ran with Brawl and Project M with each other just fine.

The "Brawl Tournaments" are cool enough with you being at their events with little to no problem; so why can't P:M do the same for Brawl? It's blowing my mind right now that this has become a big deal.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
cool you all are literally saying the same **** i am just saying

i spoke with scott and understood what was up with the tournament

yet somehow i am a part of a "complaining and whining etc etc community" when i am basically impressing that i hope pm doesn't get treated as side event. (and this has been cleared up so bam! cool we're ****ing done there)

the "exclusiveness" of an event like this in my eye is to cultivate the scene that is existing and growing and is nothing about excluding a scene that is already strong and active literally everywhere in this region that it is being played at. yet when trying to point this out, i get to see the same **** from the very same players (which i am a part of) that have gotten **** on from the "big brother" community from the past.

are you really telling me that you don't see this ****?

xatic/jtsm don't share my same opinion of: "the "exclusiveness" of an event like this in my eye is to cultivate the scene that is existing and growing and is nothing about excluding a scene that is already strong and active literally everywhere in this region that it is being played at." which is perfectly okay, but me saying what i am saying is also okay and so is that i will run a PM-only tournament at the next one I (not soulpech and I, but me alone) will run.

nowhere am i saying that i don't support brawl, brawl sux and whatever else you are projecting.

wow

oh well

as long as you treat brawl like a side event i guess it's fine.

next tournament i run will be PM exclusive tho.

You honestly don't think this post is whiny at all?

key words
"wow"
"oh well"
"i guess"

those are all words people use to express their discontentment without actually being a man and saying what they want to say

Hosting exclusive events is stupid. If you want your budding scene to expand you shouldn't alienate any potential players. Randoms are less likely to stay in a community than converts from other fighting games

W.C.N

Smash Lord
xatic/jtsm don't share my same opinion of: "the "exclusiveness" of an event like this in my eye is to cultivate the scene that is existing and growing and is nothing about excluding a scene that is already strong and active literally everywhere in this region that it is being played at."

so tell me how many brawl TO's or even players your state has again?

also this tourney is still HYPE!
Pingas

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
I can bring a Wii+P:M, I don't have a TV to bring as of now though.

JTsm

Smash Master
SO uh yeah.. It's still a million miles away, but I already got some OoS attendance like KY, IL, and some AZ interested :denzel:

Top Bottom