• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masquerade Mafia / Mafia Wins!

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
When making a case against others, specifically on orange, you assume some sort of malicious intent behind any given action. I don't want to go in circles back to this, please. I don't feel like reposting al my stuff.
1. You agreed with some of my sentiments on Orange. 2. If he's townie, then it just means he didn't play it correctly and needs to learn from his mistakes. Basically, he should have been less emotional and more rational, and should have made that observation earlier than just omgus Prota. (Even if what he said after the fact was true, it doesn't look that way to me and others)

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I still think you are scum. Your tone has changed drastically, from being stubborn and not listening, to having a conversation with me and actually talking it out with me. Saying that you know your actions were scummy and that you wouldn't do them if you didn't claim cop, is very concerning. You got too comfortable as a fake town pr and you took advantage, and now I've seen through you. If you are town, don't play that way as it seems fake. Even if you disagree there is some degree of validity to what I'm saying against you. Others have agreed. There must be something. Finally, using that to be lazy and leave your vote on Orange isn't helping the town move forward, and makes me wonder if you care about town winning at all.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I'll have a good hour or two to speak, go to gym, and then come back to be around some more (while watching some Gintama on Crunchroll).

Orange, talk to me.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I'll have a good hour or two to speak, go to gym, and then come back to be around some more (while watching some Gintama on Crunchroll).

Orange, talk to me.
One sec, answering questions from Twitchy. Also, for future reference, if I'm on before 3-ish, I probably won't post (unless it's something fairly short) because I'm usually checking mid-class after I'm done with an assignment and the next one hasn't started yet.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the heads up. I'm usually doing the same during work. Just came home from work.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Orange and Corps both just did a 180 -- from town reading to scum reading me, and from wanting an orange lynch to not wanting an orange lynch, respectively, but lets back up a bit, shall we?
We both just did a 180 because of mod-confirmed info that one of the three of us is scum.

Why 50 posts? Isn't that rather arbitrary?
It was a reasonable, round estimate for the minimum number of posts for thread control (seeing as it is a bit less than twice what the most frequent poster had D1).

So what happened to this? Please explain why this analysis is no longer valid.
Again, why the sudden shift?
I still thought you were town in the post you were referencing in the "again, why the sudden shift?", but I saw that worst-case scenario for town would be a NL at that point, so I would have been willing to compromise to anyone. The reason for the sudden shift is already posted in #450. I agree that Phoenix's arguments aren't all well-grounded and if he didn't do so much to help town this phase I would say that he's trying to push a lot of slots out of desperation to look like he's scumhunting (if I recall correctly, his first vote on me and his first vote on BarMaven were about 3 minutes apart), but I see literally no incentives for being so active as scum and wanting to increase thread activity. You could argue that he wanted to do that to look townie, but I'm pretty sure that if activity didn't increase significantly, the thread would have just died and scum would have won anyways. The only possibility I could think of is if he were an indie slot and felt he needed complete thread control, but even if that is true, town will autolose if mafia isn't lynched this phase.

Hmmmm. Yeah, I misinterpreted role PM- and I later amended it, when Soup informed me of such. It's worth noting that you yourself exhibit a drastic position change here: what indicates, to you, that I'm ingenue?
You being genuine or not depends upon if you actually misinterpreted the role PM or if you used that as an excuse to justify a complete 180 on Polish.

Also, it could have been an attempt to gain a third ally. If Polish were a less experienced player, he could have interpreted the correct role read as a confirmed townie and the three of you could have steamrolled everyone in your way the rest of the game. 3 would be majority today (and close to majority yesterday), so worst-case scenario is that you would get lynched and bring Polish down with you, getting far too close to endgame with a scumslot still left. Keep in mind this is still completely hypothetical, but it's still a possibility that I'm considering right now.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
*helped town so much last phase.

I'm not accustomed to making arguments during the night, so I'm not sure if I should refer to this as an entire phase or not lol

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Anything you want to ask me? I have nothing else to say at the moment. I just want to bounce off ideas. Any thoughts on my wagon analysis? Also, I think Polish is pretty experienced, if they are who I think they are.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Also, I never voted Barmaven. That was an FoS, signifying that he's also someone I wanted to vote.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Also, it's pretty important that we talk about other slots too. Do remember they are all still part of this game, so whatever we say may help them in their next stage.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Anything you want to ask me? I have nothing else to say at the moment. I just want to bounce off ideas. Any thoughts on my wagon analysis? Also, I think Polish is pretty experienced, if they are who I think they are.
I thought your wagon analysis was good, other than the fact that you're making statements about game balance while we only have 3 people with confirmed slots thus far. I feel like a third of the game isn't enough info to make justifications based on balance, especially since we don't know either of the mafia roles.

I'm thinking about the possibility of everyone claiming this phase. There are no more nights phases and thus no reason to hide roles, so this is an appropriate time. Do you agree?

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Not really. Just in case there is a scum role with a day action to counter nightless. On the third party argument, 3-p don't usually play as upfront as I do as town. Reason is they'd get nk'd if they play too obvtown, and get lynched if they play too scummy. So they have to play in the middle, be somewhat suspicious, yet somewhat townie. Aqua comes to mind in this case. Doesn't mean he is, and I don't know if there would be an indie fitting in this game since it was a 9p. I don't think there would be one.

I think we have enough content to wait an extra day to all role-claim.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
1. I gave you the authority for an orange lynch because while your arguments assume too much/are bad, they're not implausible. Further, I wanted to pursue this avenue with you to get thread discussion moving, and, in theory, confirm or deconfirm my suspicions about you. I know it looks really scummy, and I'd never have done it without first role claiming.

2. Not lurking. Coasting. Big important difference. Lurking is just kinda chilling without doing anything. Coasting is being active, making sure you're everyone's town read, and then just sitting back and watching what happens.

3. Bull. ****. Remember my push on mist? That thing? That happened?

4. I think you mixed up some names here? Clarify please?
1. It's either wrong or right. Why would you be willing to let a slot die on reasoning you think may or may not be right? That doesn't make sense from a town mindset. Again, if you knew it was a suspicious, why do it when you were claimed cop? Plus, you claiming showed your true scumness. Sometimes people become more involved or feel invincible, so they do more things to help town because they know everyone else knows, they can trust that person. Yet you took advantage of it. You got lazy, and stayed mobile. You voted Orange with Ycare of the world of his flip. Again, it shows you don't care to help move town forward. You claiming helped you get pressure off, and then you did the opposite of what a town wincon would ask of you: You got lazy. No scumhunting, and wanting to survive = scum.

2. Well then there is probably a reason they are read as town isn't there? Even you read him as town. Yet you are letting Barman off the hook. What's your read on him? What did you think of his recent reads? What do you think of being on two wagons and being wrong twice?

3. I didn't mean the beginning of D2. Your push on Mist wasn't really a push. Plus your argument against him was faulty.

4. I mean Orange in comparison to you.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Important:

I am not sure if the others will be brought back or if another separate group phase will occur. Keep that in mind. ****... In that case we might need to claim for a mass claim to work... Hmm.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Not really. Just in case there is a scum role with a day action to counter nightless. On the third party argument, 3-p don't usually play as upfront as I do as town. Reason is they'd get nk'd if they play too obvtown, and get lynched if they play too scummy. So they have to play in the middle, be somewhat suspicious, yet somewhat townie. Aqua comes to mind in this case. Doesn't mean he is, and I don't know if there would be an indie fitting in this game since it was a 9p.
Didn't think of a scum having a daykill, but wouldn't the scum slot just use the daykill right now if he could? It would prevent the day from ending in a Mafia lynch and thus would result in a mafia victory. If you still feel like a claim is inappropriate this phase we don't have to do it, but I'm not sure if a scum daykill is a good reason to not roleclaim.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I think your reasoning makes sense. Also in the case we will be separated after this phase, I'm thinking we have to all massclaim in groups for it to work.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
kk.

I'm the Town Tracker. I tracked BarMaven N1 because I was still a tad suspicious of his D1 play and he went nowhere, he is either scum and let his partner do the NK or he is another VT. He's cleared of any Indie roles because I can't imagine an indie with no PR, but he's either a goon or a VT.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Also, did you being tracker influence yourself in any way, such as your discussion with Polish? I just want to know if there were moments that had shown your tracker thinking.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I figured that if there's no NK and lynching is the only way of a slot dying, we would want as much information out in the open as possible to analyze and make a correct decision. Also, I was interested to see if you would try to CC me, seeing as you have a better standing with Twitch right now. If you had, Twitch would have had to make a decision that was likely in your favor (judging from previous thread sentiment)

Also, did you being tracker influence yourself in any way, such as your discussion with Polish? I just want to know if there were moments that had shown your tracker thinking.
If there is, it wasn't done iintentionally. I usually try to disguise my PR and not drop any hints before a claim. If scum would have suspected me as a PR, they might have killed me earlier.

Twitchybanana

Smash Cadet
Read up, will be responding to stuff within a few hours. If there are 3 scum, 9 players, I could see this occurring 3 times? Idk, we'll see.

Anyways, I would favor a mass claim. I'm town role cop.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: If there is evidence in prior conversations. Just realized that didn't read quite right after I posted.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Read up, will be responding to stuff within a few hours. If there are 3 scum, 9 players, I could see this occurring 3 times? Idk, we'll see.

Anyways, I would favor a mass claim. I'm town role cop.
At this point, seeing as there are 6 players left, I'm pretty confident that there are 2 scum (one in this pool, one in the next).

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Aww man Orange I wanted to ask him why he thought that but oh well, I was thinking that too.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I think so as well, but I still want to give a lot of time to prove me wrong if I am incorrect.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I have to go to dinner soon, so I'll be gone for a while. I'll read whatever has been posted after I get back.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
At the gym. Mobile. What else do you think we should talk about? Anything you want my thoughts on? And on other slots too, who else may be scum.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit curious as to who people think the scum in the other pool is. You stated your opinions on that in the wagon post, and I agree that if Twitchy flips non-cop (if he's lynched), I'd say Polish is confirmed scum, but I think he's town otherwise. I agree that Aqua is likely the indie based on his play so far (if there is an indie), leaving Barman as scum, but if there isn't an indie, the second scum could be either of Barman/Aqua. I'm curious what happened to Twitch responding and am eager to hear his insight on the current situation.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
It is not the same because it does not list tracker or role cop. Plus I do not expect ic with tracker or rolecop, it is overpowered.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I think the rare faction is a boon for town in itself, semi-boom. But who knows. I do not think it is likely though.

Top Bottom