• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masquerade Mafia / Mafia Wins!

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Thats a lot of thread. I haven't read anything since I last posted but the thing aqua tagged me in. Aqua, Soup has informed me I misinterpreted the result -- Polish isn't necessarily townie.

Now then, we are not no-lynching today, but I'm not going to read up/make a big post right now. I'll do that IRL tomorrow. But for now, ima VOTE: Orange.
Somebody tag me if something really major happens or if you need me immediately... Other than that I'll deal with recent happenings in the morning. If orange is a mislynch, body corps for me. I really don't like his arguments/if orange is a ML he's scum.
Just tell me if this quote is acceptable.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Why not replace out? Also who would you compromise on and why, thank you. Give me reads.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Polishnapkin is replaced by Polish napkin!

Please welcome them to the game.

Vote count when I get home

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
That's fine was just telling you what I thought. On Aqua, I don't find it suspicious. I do have a question for you. Do you think mafia were both on the wagon, both off, or only one on and one off of RAN?
I'm not sure... I don't find it likely that they were both on the wagon because that would have been a super easy tie (unless Aquarius is one of the scum and was forced to hammer), and I think that enough people agreed on Ran for him to be lynched without scum votes. I'd say any of them are possible, but one off and one on is most likely.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Hello Polish Napking, welcome. Please state who you'd lynch/compromise to soon. You can post reasoning after but we are in a time crunch right now.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
You do know that Twitch had been away from deadline twice, right? Thoughts on that...

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Well, you may just have to if you want to avoid your own lynch. He left his vote on you while saying my reasoning is crap. We need to come to a consensus.

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Just tell me if this quote is acceptable.
yeah it's fine

I'm still re-reading in depth, mainly just skimmed, but based off my skim I still like Aquarius, Twitch is nulltown, you and Morose are scummy

Reading more so I can post more, but you can pull out questiosn to ask me if you wish. If it's "but why" then you'll just have to wait for me to finish up

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I do have a question. Explain how scum won't know a claimed person is a pr or not. Also tell me if you believe Twitch is Rolecop. Thank you.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
You do know that Twitch had been away from deadline twice, right? Thoughts on that...
My thoughts on that is that he has a sucky schedule that he may or may not be able to control.
Well, you may just have to if you want to avoid your own lynch. He left his vote on you while saying my reasoning is crap. We need to come to a consensus.
I won't accept a NL, but Twitchy is a last-case scenario. I still think he's townie, but doing a NL very likely won't save us a phase and we'll have more info tomorrow than we did today based on any flip, especially Twitch's. Consider me around to change vote until ~10:30 if thread sentiment significantly changes in Twitch's direction, but I still doubt that avenue will lead us to scum.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Consider who will be here at deadline. Morose will. Barman will, I think. I will. Do you think there will be enough to secure a lynch by then?

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Consider who will be here at deadline. Morose will. Barman will, I think. I will. Do you think there will be enough to secure a lynch by then?
Maybe, but Mist is still much closer to getting lynched and I would take a Mist lynch over Moro every day of the week. I know that the last incarnation of Polish is voting for him, I'm voting for him, Aquarius has expressed displeasure with the slot, alongside BarMaven. That alone is enough to lynch Mist, so I think that's still very possible this phase. Out of the people you listed who will be here at deadline, we will have enough if you decide to vote for Mist with us (assuming Aquarius can't make it back before the deadline).

Aquariusboy

Smash Cadet
Aquariusboy came to the conclusion of Orange being a viable lynch candidate despite holding Morosemist at arm's length for most of the game (as he was one of the first slots to prod Morose during D1 but never did much with it). Moreover, it is worth noting that Aquarius' vote is never something he uses proactively. He is always a tack-on vote, willing to give a +1 to a wagon. Glossing over his vote history is sufficient proof; yet despite having apparent suspicions for Morosemist, he has not voted that slot once. I would, however, like for someone to fact check me and tell my replacement or I if I am wrong.
No, so far that's accurate. I generally play to wagons I like to see what people do with my support, and I think that's fine as long as I choose wisely and make my intentions clear.

I'd be more than happy to lynch Morose toDay though, the only reason I didn't vote him when I voted Orange is I'd already explained my opinion a few different times and no one in thread seemed remotely interested with a day remaining to deadline. The fact I see he's shown up at deadline to say hi after being absent doesn't do him any favors in my book.

Vote: Morosemist

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Explain how scum won't know a claimed person is a pr or not.
Scum only know factions not roles, unless they have a rolecop

Also tell me if you believe Twitch is Rolecop. Thank you.
Yep, and I think your case on him was pretty ridiculous and really, really stretching everything. I haven't seen such assumptions since I started trying to play. No me gusta. Don't like that you tried to go for my slot afterwards, seemed like the easiest option after you got stomped by a roleclaim. Really hated your stretches like "he's scum and threatened by me". REal leap.

Morosemist:

Had a good observation of the early phase. (Stating there was meaningless discussion and wondering why Orange was so confident that he would not be outted by the mechanic)
Had a good argument against Maven.

Yeah I'm voting Moroseomist

Vote: Morosemist

#HBC | ѕoup

Votecount, the second (With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!) -

Polishnapkin [0]
Corps phoenix [0]
Twitchybanana [0\
OrangeXHtml [2] Corps phoenix, Twitchybanana
Aquariusboy [0]
Maven89/BarmanUK [0]
Morosemist [4] Polishnapkin, OrangeXHtml, BarmanUK. Aquariusboy

Last edited:

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Hey Aqua. Talk to me. Who are you willing to compromise to? Thoughts on current events?

BarmanUK

Smash Cadet
Did Polishnapkin ever claim to be a VT at any other point in the game?

I didn't replace out because we already had a replacement and I did want to come back to the game, I had made a promise when I signed up and had responsibility, even if I was slacking horribly at it. The other game picked up and finals are approaching so I got behind, and also I'm finding it harder to re-read when I have to keep everyone's names in track, it's easier when you know who everyone is. So I basically delayed it. I'm back now, I just wish I had checked to realize I was coming back before the deadline, I didn't realize I was doing that

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I'd compromise to Orange again if need be, but if we can get Morose that's what I'll take for sure. Won't compromise to Twitchy because I don't see a compelling reason to at the moment.
Ok. What would be your next target on mafia/town flip of Morose? I'm wondering who you think he is paired with.
How about for Orange?

Aquariusboy

Smash Cadet
Hey Aqua. Talk to me. Who are you willing to compromise to? Thoughts on current events?
I think it's good, but if I could sneak this in before flip: Why have you brought up Twitchy at this of all times? If I'm quickreading correctly it's becuase he voted Orange and left before deadline?

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Votecount, the second (With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!) -

Polishnapkin [0]
Corps phoenix [0]
Twitchybanana [1] , Aquariusboy
OrangeXHtml [3] Corps phoenix, Twitchybanana [L-1]
Aquariusboy [0]
Maven89/BarmanUK [0]
Morosemist [3] Polishnapkin, OrangeXHtml, BarmanUK [L-1]

Hold up, how am I at L-1? Does someone have a double vote?

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I think it's good, but if I could sneak this in before flip: Why have you brought up Twitchy at this of all times? If I'm quickreading correctly it's becuase he voted Orange and left before deadline?
Yes. That is exactly it. Unless you disagree?

#HBC | ѕoup

Just saw Aquarius' vote. Morose has been lynched. No more posting.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The town recollected themselves once again to begin a witch hunt, despite being at a masquerade party. They bickered, threw chairs, and even call each other mean names, and in the end, one person was in the center of it all.

'You guys are gonna be sorry. I know I was right the whole time and you all suck. Morosey out. Suck *********."

Unlike the last victim, Morose was allowed to finish his speech, as everyone thought their last murder was quite rude; Everyone bowed momentarily before throwing chairs at him until he bled out from excessive bruising that no band-aid could fix. His mask also fell off after someone headshot him with accuracy the likes of no one has even seen him. Good shot!

Morosemist has been revealed to be BarDulL, Vanilla Townie!

Everyone prepares to get in their pajamas and go night-night until suddenly...

The intercom conveniently placed in the room begins to buzz...

*Bzzzzt*

Congratulations! You've won! You're all free to go! Thanks for playing!

Is what you want me to say, right? Well..you're wrong. You're very wrong. Your actions lead to this. I warned you. Did you not listen?
Suddenly, you all feel a chill, and then..nothing. Your mind goes blank. Everyone is knocked out unconsciously and dragged out of the room they were locked in. What will possibly happen next? Find out in the very next post!

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Suddenly, but not surely, three people wake up. The others are nowhere to be found.

You are each strapped to a chair, unable to move to move.

There is a blinking screen in front of you, and the room is dimly lit. Your memories are not any near closer from being obtained again, but the sinking feeling of dread sure is. You look to turn to the people next to you, and stare each other in the eyes. It's pretty awkward.

Before you can contemplate your sexuality, the screen turns on.

There are three names etched in the television.

Twitchybanana.
OrangeXHtml.
Corps phoenix.

Group 1.

Another conveniently placed intercom begins to buzz.

*Bzzzt.*

Here you are. One of you is the killer. One of you did it. To the one who knows, congratulations. You're almost there. The two who are against you cannot stop you, but..only if you stop them from finding out who you are.

And..to the other two? Choose wisely, or your life, no, your friends lives will be terminated just like yours.

Have a nice day, Group 1!

Rarefaction has begun! The following phase will be played out by these three players. If the two townies cannot lynch the mafia at the end of a 7-day deadline, mafia will win. However, if town succeeds, there may be another chance in store for them. The other three players may not post anymore at this given time until instructed to do so. There will no longer be a night phase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom