• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

ConeZone

Smash Ace
how do you do those lob shots every time? people screw me over on that, and i cannot get the timing down right to score

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Its not a lob shot, its a chip. You hold Z for a while and when you let go, you do a big chip. This chip can be a goal if done from the right spot near hallf-court. Just practice until you get it, but in a game, please do not rely on it. I don't want to make you into a trickster, so please for the sake of all of us, keep shooting.

Oh, and I guess we're not gonna do the tournament since no one has showed any interest, and break is coming to an end.

PensFan101

Smash Rookie
Its not a lob shot, its a chip. You hold Z for a while and when you let go, you do a big chip. This chip can be a goal if done from the right spot near hallf-court. Just practice until you get it, but in a game, please do not rely on it. I don't want to make you into a trickster, so please for the sake of all of us, keep shooting.

Oh, and I guess we're not gonna do the tournament since no one has showed any interest, and break is coming to an end.
I would join but I lack recording equipment.

And the halfcout chipis money on the faster stadiums like Lava Pit. Any with the small centre circle works well. But on ones like the Dump, Crater Field, The Vice, The Palace, and 3/4 of the time on Stormship Stadium, the shot is useless. Plus, it's real easy to counter. If someone is doing it, either start shaking the wii remote, after a goal, or switch to a defender and get behind the goalie to kick/pass it out.

And yes, I am a trickster. I can't do the goal line chip, or the small serve it up, but other than that I have the full compliment (I'd like to think). I also saw someone do a Balanced purple shot goal from the half line the other day, and I couldn't believe it...

Patinator

Smash Champion
You are all copycats. :p

Stangely, my skill seems to have increased ever so slightly...

Guys, here's a weird thing that happened. I was playing a CPU Waluigi, level one, on Bowser Stadium. One of his partners, Boo, either lobbed, charged and hit the ball, or just passed it forward, to Hammer Bro., who hit it in slo-mo with his hammer. Anyone care to tell me what happened?

Yaya

Smash Champion
I might as well announce my Strikers retirement.

Cya guys, it was a good run as the Wario Man.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
@ Yaya, sucks that you retired, we didn't get to play much.

@ Patinator, thats what happens when a character hits a one-timer with a white ball.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I might as well announce my Strikers retirement.

Cya guys, it was a good run as the Wario Man.
Have fun never being able to play with the people on this thread ever again.
Retirement just destroys your skills. I should know. I was one of the founding members of the SWF Strikers dynasty, and now I'm washed. Moved on to bigger and better things (guitar hero)

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
We had 2 straight snow days this week. As a result, I was bored stiff.
I dusted off Strikers, and what do I find?
I suck again. I can only really compete with people who don't know advanced techs.
I'm a sucker for the Belgian Waffle, my former most-used weapon.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Man, this is one of my favorite games yet.
It is addictive, to be sure. Infinite replay value, a good online system, and well made mechanics to boot. The AI is less than desirable, especially the ****** Kritter, but all in all, it's one of the Wii's finest.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's fun with friends. We did a 2-on-1 with my friend and my girlfriend and I won 7-3 then 5-1. The goalie is either great or horrible, no middle ground, and a lot of the work comes from you playing. It seems like it would be very frustrating in Single Player mode, which I will tackle later. All in all, this is one of those must buy games, in my opinion.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i can't really play against people with advanced techniques. i love playing strikers, but i haven't been able to master the lob shot yet..people are nasty with that move.

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
i ususally dont like to play sports games. im wondering if i shoudl buy this though, cause of everything ive heard about it... does it seem like a mario party-type game, where its just about lots of fun stuff? if so i think ill get it.
What?. Are you crazy?! you don't like sports?. Now i don't know about you but I actually live in the UK and own pretty much every sports game ever created, lol. That includes Fifa, Madden, PES, NBA and NHL. (Heck, I even have Mario Smash Football for GC). I buy each of these games every season. :)

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Well, i'm coming out of retirement and I think i've gotten my skills back, so if anybody wants to play, my code is in my sig.
Brad, if you were able to gain back all the skill you used to have, my retirement theory is dashed. WGWolv and I are worthless at this game, and I'm pretty sure Petre and GAW have lost what they had too. You are the only founding member who still has the ability to own...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
speak for yourself mate LOL

But really, at this point I'm irrelevant since I traded it in, and brawl is this weekend so I'll probably dump some other games to fund snacks, gas for vidjo's next tourney, and a new gc controller. I'm as retired as they come.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
speak for yourself mate LOL

But really, at this point I'm irrelevant since I traded it in, and brawl is this weekend so I'll probably dump some other games to fund snacks, gas for vidjo's next tourney, and a new gc controller. I'm as retired as they come.
oh ****. I forgot about food for saturday/sunday. We have to make a trip after school on friday or sometime this week so we can stock up. I'm barely going to let bathroom breaks get in my way, let alone a food run.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
oh ****. I forgot about food for saturday/sunday. We have to make a trip after school on friday or sometime this week so we can stock up. I'm barely going to let bathroom breaks get in my way, let alone a food run.
chamber pots ftw?!

But seriously, retirement is official, I'm unsubscribing, its been good guys.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What?. Are you crazy?! you don't like sports?. Now i don't know about you but I actually live in the UK and own pretty much every sports game ever created, lol. That includes Fifa, Madden, PES, NBA and NHL. (Heck, I even have Mario Smash Football for GC). I buy each of these games every season. :)
I'm going to change your avatar to a wrench because you're a tool.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Brad, if you were able to gain back all the skill you used to have, my retirement theory is dashed. WGWolv and I are worthless at this game, and I'm pretty sure Petre and GAW have lost what they had too. You are the only founding member who still has the ability to own...
Wow, I feel special :p.

Well, if anybody's up for a game, I'm ready.

P.S.- Megavitamins, i'm adding you right now.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I think im gonna play a few more times before brawl comes out...so if anyone wants to play some with me online just let me know i would be happy to

if not maybe ill see some of you in brawl =D

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Well, it's sad that so many of you has retired now. But you all seem to had a great time playing this game, and I'm proud that I'm the creator of such a popular thread to such a great game. It's always been a pain to not be able to meet all of you, I'm sure that I would've had a great time as well.

Just wanted to say that. :)

Top Bottom