• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Strikers Charged

Patinator

Smash Champion
I guess this is a bump...

Alright, well, while this is first and foremost a thread for MSC games, it's also a bit of a help topic... And I implore someone for help.

Well, here's my question: what is the best team to practice with and easiest to clear the Strikers Cups? I'm having a FIENDISHLY hard time...

I don't really have a character I'm used to; I can use them all. But please, no Dry Bones... -_-;

I'll go ahead and say, I'm definately not a good player. ^^;

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry i have that problem too, i'm actually looking for that team myself >.>

Patinator

Smash Champion
I managed to get Bowser Jr., beating him only by using tactics similar to Fox Laser Camping on Temple. XD

Peach, Boo, Hammer Bro, and another Boo, I think.

But I'll tell ya; level three and above for me is impossible... X_X

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
The Striker Cup will rip out your heart and stomp on it. As good as I am, I have tried on eight different occasions, switching teams five times. I still have not beat it. One thing I recommend, don't become a trickster. Computers will randomly intercept your lobs. They will also not allow you to get close to the goal, so a power character is a must. Donkey Kong is great. Have a boo or two and another power shooter. This is my team,

Donkey Kong

Monty
Boo
Boo

Monty is great for the Master Plan 2.0 and if someone covers him, I can do the Master Plan 2.5 (aka swoopty offense) with the boo on defense. I can also charge it, and pass to donkey. If on the ground, slide tackle before you get the ball with Donkey Kong. A lob pass is also a great option to Donkey.

You don't need to do the Master Plan, but it makes me better. Here are 2 videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6es7yg1FT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jen1Y6-0Kdw

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Infecting the rookies with your poisonous trickz!1!!!11!Shift!!1!!

NOES.

@Patinator: I have cleared the Strikers cup on various ocations, you have to have a balanced team. Preferably with good passers on the back and peeps that can shoot on the front/sides. Just mess around with the teams and you'll find one you like, practice, then you'll win. :D

Patinator

Smash Champion
Sadly, I can't watch videos. My Internet's too slow, the main reason I can't play with you guys.

Balanced, huh? Hmmm. I've been thinking about that, actually.

This makes me seem stupid, but what do you mean by Master Plan, ihatemybrother?

I'll come back with a list of balanced teams I come up with on my own. If all of them fail with your judgement, guys, I'll try out DK, Monty Mole, and Boo x2.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Sadly, I can't watch videos. My Internet's too slow, the main reason I can't play with you guys.

Balanced, huh? Hmmm. I've been thinking about that, actually.

This makes me seem stupid, but what do you mean by Master Plan, ihatemybrother?

I'll come back with a list of balanced teams I come up with on my own. If all of them fail with your judgement, guys, I'll try out DK, Monty Mole, and Boo x2.
Master Plan is the name he gave his new super haxxory chip tricks.

And try that team, you might do well.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I will when I get a chance... Thanks you guys! :D

If there's one question I have above almost all, it's this: which teammate has the best Special Shot? Birdo? Hammer Bro.?

Patinator

Smash Champion
...Oh. Strange, the Mario Wiki says that Dry Bones is just about the best. Which is weird, considering he's fast.

I've always found Birdo, Hammer Bro., and Boo to be best. Toad's just... No. Uh-uh. Dry Bones is... Well, it stuns the goalie, but the ball bounces away. Shy Guy does the same, but if things get bad enough, your whole team could get stunned from his Bullet Bill! @_@

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
...Oh. Strange, the Mario Wiki says that Dry Bones is just about the best. Which is weird, considering he's fast.
Dry Bones is much better than he ever should have been. He's glitchy, he's fast, he has teleports, and his special is no laughing matter.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Master Plan is the name he gave his new super haxxory chip tricks.

And try that team, you might do well.
Umm please do not say what u dont know what yer talking about(sorry if i sound rude)...Me and The Nintendo Master are in the same mario strikers clan, Wii Hunters(look us up!)

The Master plan is a plan he made that uses passes that goes in 85& of the time...Me and TNM are both pure shooters and u just said that his plan he made up is made up of "haxxory chip trick". That is a disgrace to us "pure shooter"(we dont use tricks to win)...so please just dont post like u know what yer talking about and mislead other people...thank you:)

Patinator

Smash Champion
I leik teh haxxorz.

Well, I tried out the DK/Monty Mole/2 Boos team. Of course, I had to start from the beginning of the fire cup...

...The match before Bowser Jr., Bowser ironically, was HARD. I lost. X_X

Has everyone here unlocked Petey Piranha, or no?

smash superstar

Smash Ace
hey can you add me to the list?!

name -T-rAv
fc - 154726 421618

looking for anyone that will add me

i got this game when it first came out been playing for a long time but stoped for a few months and thinking of getting back into it untill brawl comes out so let me know if u want to play on a scale of 1-10 im prolly a 7 or 8

PensFan101

Smash Rookie
Sorry to make people feel bad, but I have beaten Striker Cup (all the way on Extreme) with a trick team. I used Waluigi, Dry Bones, and 2 boos at the back and dominated. it's pretty simple, running up the fence and then teleporting in and Belgian Waffle both work really well. I used to be a pure Striker online with Luigi, Koopa, and 2 Boos, but now I use Daisy with Dry Bones up front and 2 boos behind and I've achieved a lot of success (currently ranked 75 with a record of 75-16). Trick shot teams just require you to watch videos, and then spend 10 minutes in exhibition at the classroom just working on them.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Umm please do not say what u dont know what yer talking about(sorry if i sound rude)...Me and The Nintendo Master are in the same mario strikers clan, Wii Hunters(look us up!)
Sorry if I sound rude, but I don't feel like looking you up.

The Master plan is a plan he made that uses passes that goes in 85& of the time...Me and TNM are both pure shooters and u just said that his plan he made up is made up of "haxxory chip trick". That is a disgrace to us "pure shooter"(we dont use tricks to win)...so please just dont post like u know what yer talking about and mislead other people...thank you:)
Oh. My bad then. I will still call them haxxory chip tricks though, unless his plan has alot less haxxory chip tricks than Ihatemybrother's "improved" version.

Still, happy to see that some people don't depend on tricks to score. Unlike this dude:

Sorry to make people feel bad, but I have beaten Striker Cup (all the way on Extreme) with a trick team. I used Waluigi, Dry Bones, and 2 boos at the back and dominated. it's pretty simple, running up the fence and then teleporting in and Belgian Waffle both work really well. I used to be a pure Striker online with Luigi, Koopa, and 2 Boos, but now I use Daisy with Dry Bones up front and 2 boos behind and I've achieved a lot of success (currently ranked 75 with a record of 75-16). Trick shot teams just require you to watch videos, and then spend 10 minutes in exhibition at the classroom just working on them.
That is all.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Sorry if I sound rude, but I don't feel like looking you up.

Oh. My bad then. I will still call them haxxory chip tricks though, unless his plan has alot less haxxory chip tricks than Ihatemybrother's "improved" version.

Still, happy to see that some people don't depend on tricks to score. Unlike this dude:

That is all.
do you have aim yet o k?

JFox

Smash Hero
fair warning, i MAY run out of batteries during the match cuz rechargables are yeah

wtf..

Lemme come back. i dunno if thats me or you.

JFox

Smash Hero
dude, are you feeling the lag? I'm sorry, but every button I press I have to press three times.

We're gonna have to try this again some other time. I can't take lookin like a nub...

Edit: FC# 352305 392268

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Hey Jon I'm still on if you wanna play. Or if you're too scared to then I understand.

@JFox: Right.
Didn't know you were another of them haxxy chip tricksters....

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm kinda a mix of both. I use them when I see an opening but i typically don't intentionally go for it. Rebounding is key time for tricks cuz it makes your boo's more than just playmakers.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, this thread has been kinda dead for a while. Since there's no school this week, I think all us smashers should have a tournament. If anyone wants to regulate it, please step forward. I am unable to do so because I have baseball all week. I'll have time to play, but not to take on such a job as to run a tournament. I do have some rules that will ensure everyone will be happy. Can everyone here record matches? If so, we can ensure that these rules will be followed, and we can punish those who don't follow them.

3 Minute Games
Best out of three games (equals one series)
Best out of 3 series's
Difficulty Level- Megastriker (5)
All Games must be played at the Classroom

Rules

NO GOALIE CAMPING
No insta-chips
No Cheats (as in game modifiers)
NO JOHNS, all moves are accepted besides the ones I banned

If a Disconnection occurs, then you will redo that "game" BUT it must be set back as it was when the person Disconnected. For example: If Chang plays Wang..lets say Chang is up 3-2 with 46 seconds left to play when suddenly and DC happens, then they will start up the game again and let eachother score until it is 3-2 for Chang again, and then wait till the clock goes down to 46 seconds left and let the game continue. Possession will be chosen by chatzy if it cannot be agreed upon. When a disconnection occurs, both players must use the same teams they were before the DC.

Captains are first-come, first-serve there will only be 8 participants, and each gets a captain. You cannot change your captain once the tournament starts, but you may trade before gams begin.

When you register, include your FC, Mii name, and your captain.
THERE WILL BE NO POSTS ASKING FOR THESES
They will all be on the front page once I contact Andromeda.

This is my Registration

FC: 408137 328425
Mii Name: Nicky
Captain: DK

primusfan

Smash Ace
Wow, I havent played or been on this **** website in so long. Once I get my game back from my friend who is borrowing it right now, i'm gonna start playing again.

Top Bottom