• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Man, I can't seem to unlock any expert ghost. I've gotten a few more vehicles but I'm still missing like 7 characters. I would like to unlock the fastest car on the middle weight class but don't know how in the world I'm going to unlock 24 expert ghost to do that. Anyone know why sometimes a friend can't connect to you during a race? The manual says it's a possible but friend wasn't able to connect to me. Hope to see you guys online tonight. I'll be on after work aroud 6pm Pacific time.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Man, I can't seem to unlock any expert ghost. I've gotten a few more vehicles but I'm still missing like 7 characters. I would like to unlock the fastest car on the middle weight class but don't know how in the world I'm going to unlock 24 expert ghost to do that. Anyone know why sometimes a friend can't connect to you during a race? The manual says it's a possible but friend wasn't able to connect to me. Hope to see you guys online tonight. I'll be on after work aroud 6pm Pacific time.
im guessing people cant connect when youre in the pre-race screen (level selecting and stuff), and also if you already have 12 players.

and i dont know why you guys are all having problems unlocking the expert ghosts, the only course i had problems with was shy guy beach (lol).

Patinator

Smash Champion
That picture...

Someone should send that to Nintendo. Then maybe they'll get the message that turning off items for Grand Prixs (Spelling?) would be a Wolfsend.

RED SHELL > POW BLOCK > SPINY SHELL > BANANA > LAVA > LIGHTNING > RED SHELL.

That's actually happened to me before.

Man I hate Grumble Volcano...

Laurster

Smash Cadet
i used funky kong and bowser bike for *most* of them and got all expert ghosts.. and beat a few of them to.. SO not worth it tho as its just a fairly cool thing to have your
mii dressed in a mario costume
just corner turbo boost on every corner and wheelie.. just dont mess up.. easy :p

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Gimpyfish reviews MK Wii

Gimpyfish said:
Characters

This game comes complete with three main Bowser characters. That's Bowser, Bowser Jr, and (the hardest character to unlock) Dry Bowser. Three main Bowser characters is a lot to have packed into one game, but it doesn't quite stop there. We also have a few of Bowser's minions joining the mix. Koopa Troopa returns and Dry Bones also joins the mix, plus, you should be able to count all three of the primary Bowser characters twice, because they are so cool.

10/10

Items

No giant Bowser shell?

0/10

At least you can use the mega mushroom and become a giant Bowser and run people over... Meh, no giant Bowser shell is no good.

1/10

Karts/Bikes

There is a bike made just for Bowser (and Dry Bowser I suppose). How cool is that. Seriously. How cool is that? You can also stretch to say that the Bullet Bill is a Bowser Jr kart, even though he can't actually use it. But hey, can't be too picky can we?

100/10 (a bowser bike is way too cool)

Courses

THREE main Bowser courses to go along with our THREE main Bowser characters. TOOOO GOOOD. I can vary up the maps I pick online enough to the point where people don't get fussy that I pick Bowser's Castle over and over again - even though I am still doing that. But they are 3 different maps altogether.

10/10

Modes

I'm not really sure what they could've done here, but there should be some sort of Bowser mode absolutely. Online is really good though... and I can USE Bowser online... hmm...

NO SCORE GIVEN (this is not particularly relevant)

Overall rating

10 out of 10.

This game is Bowser approved. Good stuff Nintendo.
10Bowserslol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I was in a battle with XACE and we were on opposite teams. We both got the Mega Mushroom , or at least someone on his team did, and activated it at the exact same time and just kept ramming each other lol.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I was in a battle with XACE and we were on opposite teams. We both got the Mega Mushroom , or at least someone on his team did, and activated it at the exact same time and just kept ramming each other lol.
*scratches head*
I don't remember that. Well I know is that I was a beast in balloon battle. Led everybody in how many balloons I made people lose.

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
This morning I read an article in my newspaper that stated Mario Kart Wii basically sucked and people should buy "Speed Racer" instead. I will be unsubscribing ASAP!

Patinator

Smash Champion
Really? I wanted to do the same thing when a magazine said that Mewtwo was a clone of Ganondorf in SSBM...

Anyway, I can safely say that Gimpy's review is lacking one thing.

No Captain Falcon.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Really? I wanted to do the same thing when a magazine said that Mewtwo was a clone of Ganondorf in SSBM...

Anyway, I can safely say that Gimpy's review is lacking one thing.

No Captain Falcon.
Just read the review real closely. You'll find Captain Falcon in their.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
All I need is two more 3 stars in the mirror tracks and I be a three star person, YAY! ^_^

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
How are you guys using Funky Kong to unlock expert ghosts? Don't you need to unlock expert ghosts to unlock him? Man I can't believe how bad I am at this game.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I just got this game, I got the hang of Baby Mario and still main Wario. Man, it's hard to get a star unlike Super Cirucit or DS one. D:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im stilll waiting for everyone to add me lol.

N9NE have you figured out how to do that shortcut on DK Mountain I always do yet lol?

And i bet that no-one on smashboards can beat my Maple Treeway ghost. Add me and look my time if you dare:chuckle:.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Everytime I face you on DK mountain I just settle for aiming to come second haha.

I'm guessing that since you use a kart, you're able to use your extra mini boost to jump over the gap? As a bike, I just gotta wait for some Mushrooms lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Its compeletely possible to do it with any veichle and you dont need a boost lol. The shortcut is sooo simple and funny that when you notice it you will realise how silly it felt missing it cos I felt the same lol.
If you want to find out how to do it download the video of the person holding the world record ghost of the stage.
But if your feeling lazy to look ALL you do is slow down at the fence, turn right and drive off, try to be gay and drive off in the same line as all the items are so no-one gets then lol:)
So many people miss the shortcut... hmmm maybe I shouldnt have told you lol now I might have to find another stage:(.
Your a beast on daisy circuit though I spend the whole match hoping someone will throw a blue shell lol.

All I need is two more 3 stars in the mirror tracks and I be a three star person, YAY! ^_^
NICE! Only seen one person soo far with three stars by there name. You should add me im on frequently my points are about 8300 or something so im pretty good.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol I'll have to look into that. EDIT: Wow it is simple lol.

I got a few more cups to go then I'll get a star ranking then I'll come online around 1.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Can anyone tell me if there is any advantage for having a star next to your name or does it just look good lol. Either way I wanna get it, just need to do a few more on Mirror then im getting it.
I'll be online around 3/4ish

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Just look good haha. And wow that shortcut is simple lol

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Can anyone tell me if there is any advantage for having a star next to your name or does it just look good lol.
It just makes yourself look good. XD

But it also means that you know all the fast routes of the game and take advatage of them all the time. In DS it's about how fast you beat it, Wii it's about how many times you get hit and how fast you beat it. T_T

I still couldn't get triple on the Mirror Special Cup becasue of all those Spiny Shells and Pow Blocks. =/

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
If anyone is interested in hardcore time trials competition, visit http://www.mariokart64.com/mkw/wrc.php. I'm sure some of you have noticed the mkwpp.com website in some of the top 10 world records - that's our effort to advertise our site, which is noted for maintaining the strongest time trials records for all mario kart games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Got the game yesterday and have been using the Wii Remote alone to play it. The controls can be frustrating at first, but you can adapt to it rather quickly.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ahhhh, i can't work out how to do that shortcut on DK mountain, i just fall into the abyss :psycho:
lol Go onto Mario Kart Channel. Go to time trial rankings and download the guy with the world record video and it shows it in there.

Also N9NE since I know your a fan of Bowser Castle 3 lol there is a INSANE shortcut on that stage but you need a mushroom and I can't explain it this time but once again download the guy who has a world record for it and you will see it.

undeadkirby

Smash Cadet
oo wow i can do it now :3
anyways just out of curiosity which controller do you guys prefer? i use the wheel but i feel like im missing out on more precision with an analog stick

XACE-K

Smash Master
I unlocked 8 expert staff ghosts (I have ten now) and I still don't have Baby Luigi. Anybody know why?

leechaolan

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I'm looking for some fun competition in Mario Kart. I only have one friend on there who's never on. lol

I'm pretty good, but definitely not the best and looking for fun matches!

My FC is 2492-4525-6437

Hope to play some of you soon!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I can't help you there sorry. I advise going onto a website like www.gamewinners.com and going to the Mario Kart section and it tells you how to get each character there I think.

I use the GC Controller btw. Im not sure if there is a teeny bit of delay on the wheel so I dont use it and coming from playing smash alot GC Controller just feels natarul to me.

XACE-K have you added me because I do alot of ghosts and I wanted some more people to compared my times to. I still think no-one on smashboards can beat my Maple Treeway record :D lol

leechaolan

Smash Lord
P Pro - Hey thanks for the info on Bowswer's Castle 3! That's a pretty awesome shortcut. Would you mind if I added you? I definitely need more Mario Kart friends and would love to give your ghosts a try. :D

XACE-K

Smash Master
I checked there and what they said I did and still no Baby Luigi. Also Pro, all your records are better than mine and I can't beat them. I'll try but it won't win. I'll be on soon maybe.

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
I checked there and what they said I did and still no Baby Luigi. Also Pro, all your records are better than mine and I can't beat them. I'll try but it won't win. I'll be on soon maybe.
Press B until you get back to the starting screen ("press A to start the game!") and then go back into the game if you haven't done that already. That's what I have to do to get characters after "unlocking" them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom