• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 17th, Connor's 13th Birthday Tournament: No More ChuDat =(

Adolex

Smash Journeyman
Connor, Make the tourny start around 1:00. I am giving Anti a Ride. And he is gana be late. PLEASE<3

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
okay, 1pm, people come around 12 or earlier please. I have hot pizzas waiting for you guys, I hope you guys like pepperoni and mushrooms.
SWEET, thanks Connor, Pizza sounds goooood. Oh and I am inviting one my freinds. He isn't regsetering though. I hope your cool with that Connor. If not post here as soon as you can.

Lies_and_Truth

Smash Apprentice
how gay

i was supposed to go to the movies with 4 ladies....but they all changed their mind at teh end....so now i have a wasted saturday, stupid coin......

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
I just wanna say thanks to all the people that come, Lucky, Mango, Blitz, Danimals, Anti, Adolex, Jovan, and Jovan's friend and I really appreciated that atleast Anti, Adolex, Jovan, and his friend actually stayed. I also wanna say "screw you" to all of the people on the freaking list that didnt even bother to ****ing come. Next time, if I ever host, I'm not gonna have a list. I might not host anymore though, I was gonna decide whether to host or not from this tournament, so chances are I wont host because I don't the same thing that happened today happen again, I was really pissed to day. (Biggest disappointment this year)

Thanks Jovan and others who came, I turned my extremely large frown upside down. :) I hope you guys enjoyed the free pizza since no one else came. I still have 3 left xD Pizza for all meals ftw.

P.S: LuCKy where the hell were the hot wings xD Mango, we were too good on teams, to bad this thing didnt even happen

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Wait, so Lucky, Mango, Blitz, Danimals and stuff came and then left?

Psssh, they shoulda just went to the Rancho tourny then. I heard Lucky and Mango were gonna go to it, and then they never showed up. =/

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I just wanna say thanks to all the people that come, Lucky, Mango, Blitz, Danimals, Anti, Adolex, Jovan, and Jovan's friend and I really appreciated that atleast Anti, Adolex, Jovan, and his friend actually stayed. I also wanna say "screw you" to all of the people on the freaking list that didnt even bother to ****ing come. Next time, if I ever host, I'm not gonna have a list. I might not host anymore though, I was gonna decide whether to host or not from this tournament, so chances are I wont host because I don't the same thing that happened today happen again, I was really pissed to day. (Biggest disappointment this year)

Thanks Jovan and others who came, I turned my extremely large frown upside down. :) I hope you guys enjoyed the free pizza since no one else came. I still have 3 left xD Pizza for all meals ftw.

P.S: LuCKy where the hell were the hot wings xD Mango, we were too good on teams, to bad this thing didnt even happen
Maybe next time you shouldn't have a "banned list". Or maybe you shouldn't tell people that you're going to have a "privaledged few" stay after you kick all the inferior people out at 7:30. Your turn outs will be better.

Just my 2 cents.

The Game II

Smash Champion
It was unfortunate that I showed up and there was nothing. I mean, this was the tournament to cover since I HAD to be in anaheim to take care of personal business.

Hugo is right ... too many rules that had nothing to do with the tourney.

Hopefully you get another one to work in the future.

--GCII

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice guys, Game II, I'm really really sorry that you come all that way for nothing. I will consider your suggestions the next time I host in the future.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Maybe next time you shouldn't have a "banned list". Or maybe you shouldn't tell people that you're going to have a "privaledged few" stay after you kick all the inferior people out at 7:30. Your turn outs will be better.

Just my 2 cents.

well, i think the main reason he did this was becuase it was originally going to be just a smashfest, for his birthday, so the reason for his banned list was that he didn't want a certain few people ruining his birthday?

idk? just assumin?

HugS

Smash Champion
Yeah but the act of having such a grudge against people that you'd ban them from tournaments is not really cool in the eyes of many people in this community. The whole reason we even are such a huge community is because we thrive on "Unity" and not on exclusion.

So rules like "ban lists" and "i'm kicking inferior people out but letting certain people stay" promotes exclusion. So he was pretty much asking people to exclude themselves from his tourney. GG.

Don't try to make sense of it Mike, **** like that shouldn't fly unless under extreme circumstances.

LuCKy

Smash Master

first off im soooo sorry about you tourney i dont know what happened to all the people that signed up second we only left like an hour after the tourney started because nobody was coming the tourney was gonna be like 8 people the friendlys were fun though so im still sorry about your tourney

Wait, so Lucky, Mango, Blitz, Danimals and stuff came and then left?

Psssh, they shoulda just went to the Rancho tourny then. I heard Lucky and Mango were gonna go to it, and then they never showed up. =/
yes we left as for the rancho tourney i wanted to go to connors more but nobody came:( dumb weinnie's sign up for nothing!

I drank TWENTY New Castles!!! Training for my 20th Birthday! I'm still a lil drunk, and there's a hot girl waiting for me. BYE.
lol good luck with the girl

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
So...how many people ended up showing up out of 20? Lol.

That sucks man =/ sorry to hear that.

And as for the whole banning subject (Yes, MY 2 cents now >< Sorry): I think if you host a tournament, you should be allowed to ban people if you'd like, and make other exclusions such as.

I mean, after all, if I'm hosting something I want to be FUN at my own house...why would I invite people I didn't like? I know Connor pretty well, and I know him well enough to say he banned people that---well---just aren't chill people. I know he didn't do it because he was afraid of losing or was holding a grudge, he just didn't like some people, and didn't invite them. Hell, I don't like McRusty either, I'd never invite him to a smash event at my place. Some people just ruin the fun, or come and expect to play simply for some "sweet prize" and forget that it IS for fun too. I'll admit, prizes are always much more tempting, and probably a huge incentive on those occasional game store tournies and such. But for a smashfest at someone's house, I'd say go if you want to have fun, not just win some money, you might ruin it for others (I know that first handed---that happened at the last tourny at Connor's I went to....EVERYONE started complaining about having more money tournaments rather than just friendly crew battles, matches, etc).

Most of this is irrelevant though, because I'm almost positive that all those people that didn't show up, just couldn't show up. Not because of bans/rules -_- Oh "boo hoo" he's making rules so that HIS home and HIS family are treated with respect.

Well, I for one respect that.

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman

It was fun man too bad people didn't come. It was better then OC2 seriously! Happy Birthday Connor :)

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman

And as for the whole banning subject (Yes, MY 2 cents now >< Sorry): I think if you host a tournament, you should be allowed to ban people if you'd like, and make other exclusions such as.

I mean, after all, if I'm hosting something I want to be FUN at my own house...why would I invite people I didn't like? I know Connor pretty well, and I know him well enough to say he banned people that---well---just aren't chill people. I know he didn't do it because he was afraid of losing or was holding a grudge, he just didn't like some people, and didn't invite them. Hell, I don't like McRusty either, I'd never invite him to a smash event at my place. Some people just ruin the fun, or come and expect to play simply for some "sweet prize" and forget that it IS for fun too. I'll admit, prizes are always much more tempting, and probably a huge incentive on those occasional game store tournies and such. But for a smashfest at someone's house, I'd say go if you want to have fun, not just win some money, you might ruin it for others (I know that first handed---that happened at the last tourny at Connor's I went to....EVERYONE started complaining about having more money tournaments rather than just friendly crew battles, matches, etc).

Most of this is irrelevant though, because I'm almost positive that all those people that didn't show up, just couldn't show up. Not because of bans/rules -_- Oh "boo hoo" he's making rules so that HIS home and HIS family are treated with respect.

I agree here.

I'm sorry that I had canceled before Conner. It is just that I have lost my love of Smash, since things have been happening. I don't think I'll be able to go to Oc3.:(

HugS

Smash Champion

You talk as if Connor wasn't hosting a TOURNAMENT where money is a huge incentive. Quit implying that people who seek money at tournaments ruin the game.
It's people that ban others from otherwise public tournaments based on petty personal issues that ruins the game and this community.

Be more noob please.

I never once questioned his RIGHT to make the rules. It's obvious that a host could do what he wants at his tournament. I merely stated why certain rules are ********, and I gave some reasons for why he had as little people attend as he did. If you were as involved with the Socal community as some others are, you would realize that "banning" people from tournaments isn't a very popular thing to do. So can you see why something as unpopular as this would decrease attendance?

I for one saw that he had a ban list and was immediately turned off from attending. Now, i'm just one person, but many others share the same feelings. And if they don't particularly care about the issue, people I'm close to will probably lean towards not attending because of the fact that people they know/like find these types of rules to be ridiculous.

And you are right about one thing, I'm sure there are people who didn't go because they simply couldn't make it. However, if he had not imposed such ridiculous rules, then a good amount of more "Reliable" people would probably have signed up.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
LOL if you want just people you know and like, as in your friends, to come to a tourney then dont post it up here just call them up and there will be no "unchill" people there lol.

and you were planning on kicking ppl out who you didnt see worthy to stay LOL.

good **** man im sure you got a real good turnout........right?

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
You talk as if Connor wasn't hosting a TOURNAMENT where money is a huge incentive. Quit implying that people who seek money at tournaments ruin the game.
It's people that ban others from otherwise public tournaments based on petty personal issues that ruins the game and this community.

Be more noob please.

I never once questioned his RIGHT to make the rules. It's obvious that a host could do what he wants at his tournament. I merely stated why certain rules are ********, and I gave some reasons for why he had as little people attend as he did. If you were as involved with the Socal community as some others are, you would realize that "banning" people from tournaments isn't a very popular thing to do. So can you see why something as unpopular as this would decrease attendance?

I for one saw that he had a ban list and was immediately turned off from attending. Now, i'm just one person, but many others share the same feelings. And if they don't particularly care about the issue, people I'm close to will probably lean towards not attending because of the fact that people they know/like find these types of rules to be ridiculous.

And you are right about one thing, I'm sure there are people who didn't go because they simply couldn't make it. However, if he had not imposed such ridiculous rules, then a good amount of more "Reliable" people would probably have signed up.
Oh no no, don't take this the wrong way, this isn't directed at you or anyone for that matter. I did take some context from what you were saying, but I was mainly just giving my two cents, as stated.

And I'm not saying that people that are seeking out money ruin the game, I'm saying that money seekers that go to a friendly smashfest where they decide to make some prize, CAN ruin the game. It's happened before.

I'm not trying to make enemies with anyone here >_< Just thought I'd defend the guy, since I felt his ban wasn't too extreme.

And ouch to that noob comment :( *sad face*

HugS

Smash Champion
I didn't mean that noob comment as far as your skill goes. Cuz i've never played you, and even then I don't really throw the word noob around since smashboard players are usually in the top 10% of all smashers in the world.

I said noob referring to your statements on the issue since I didn't feel you had enough knowledge on it. But I could be wrong, and u can state ur opinion. My bad.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
I didn't mean that noob comment as far as your skill goes. Cuz i've never played you, and even then I don't really throw the word noob around since smashboard players are usually in the top 10% of all smashers in the world.

I said noob referring to your statements on the issue since I didn't feel you had enough knowledge on it. But I could be wrong, and u can state ur opinion. My bad.
says the noob. :)

Knivez

Smash Ace
wow, way to b itch out hugs.

had to explain himself and shet.

real men dont apologize.

grow a pair sometime will you?

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
wow, way to b itch out hugs.

had to explain himself and shet.

real men dont apologize.

grow a pair sometime will you?
Real men apologize and/or admit their mistakes =]

Fair enough, my lack of knowledge on the particular situation may have clouded my judgement on the entire event.

Either way, nice to share views with you, and find someone who understands the term "OPINION" because trust me, not a lot of people do these days >_>

P.S. We should play sometime.... :p Though I'm just another Luigi player.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
Grinch ur active again?! awesome we need to play again i havnt been on the boards for like a month so i have no clue whats goin on. just hit me up on AIM if u wanna play sometime i have a friend who cam have some people over... jovan being one of em.
Word man =]

I'm moving by next week the latest though, so I won't have time to smash for now =/ But when I do move, I'm gonna try to go out to more smashfests!

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
I know this is off-topic, but does anyone here know JOVAN's cell/house number? =/ I really need to get a hold of him. If you don't feel comfortable displaying it here, PM me or message me on my aim SN: LinknParkkFan

Thanks.

Top Bottom