• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 15-16 (FINAL ROUND)11 The Southern Tradition Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

just1111

Smash Journeyman
mike, the 7 minute time limit would have at least made the matches fair... and i cant say i would have won or lost to wong because i dont know.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
7 mins would just make Marty camp even longer. While I would choose 7 mins over 5, I still think 5 mins was ok. It gave you more than enough time to figure out ur opponent's style. So if you couldn't do it in 5.....by 7 it would prolly be too late.

And I'm not trying to defend Marty or anything but he made the right choice not to change to 7 mins. You should NEVER do anything just for your opponent's favor. You should always play to win.

I play Desu and Marty alot and they camp the **** out of me too and it's fustrating as fuvk but I'd never tell either of them to stop or that they won only bscause they camped. In the end the winner is still the winner. This is something many players in GA need to understand as well.

so I let this drama last a bit but now I think its pretty silly. If anyone continues with this mess I won't hesitate to throw out warnings. We gotta show the other fighting game communities that we are better than this and better than them =O lol

just1111

Smash Journeyman
well i ripped through my (admittedly easier side) of the bracket til winners semi's but i had to go so I just forfeited to mike G and then whoever is lucky enough not to face me in the losers.

so its mike in winners finals, and last I heard marty was beating the snot out of desu, and that justin wong is still in, but I think in losers.

alpha sent pbnj to losers, then mike took alpha to losers, marty beat chaddd, mike g beat bobby...

LOL Ripped through? you're another one of those lucky *** kids. i played the diddy and i beat you first you round, then you beat me, and then on the last life of the last stock of our final round you run away and win because of the time limit. by 4% i might add. i had 84% and you had 80%.so good job at 'rippin through'

this time limit literally ruined the entire tournament.
it didn't come down too skill, it came down to how lame you could be and how lucky you got.

&

gg fullmetal. wish i didn't suicide, but i guess after losing to some chump like xif because of the time limit would put someone under a spell. just think about bobby..you have marty on the side that wants to push back the time limit all at the beginning...but when it comes down to playing his snake in quarter finals(i think?) he chokes up and decides not too set a 7 min time limit. even though kids were playing 7 min games..

i know it was the 'first brawl tourny' but **** dood.

you won by luck

mgk

just1111

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the good green times chad. never drove in the clouds like that.

friendlies would rool. i liked power sheilding that fox consistently.

mgk

don't feel like loggin into my account.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
it didn't come down too skill, it came down to how lame you could be and how lucky you got.

LOL Ripped through? you're another one of those lucky *** kids. i played the diddy and i beat you first you round, then you beat me, and then on the last life of the last stock of our final round you run away and win because of the time limit. by 4% i might add. i had 84% and you had 80%.so good job at 'rippin through'

&

gg fullmetal. wish i didn't suicide, but i guess after losing to some chump like xif because of the time limit would put someone under a spell. just think about bobby..you have marty on the side that wants to push back the time limit all at the beginning...but when it comes down to playing his snake in quarter finals(i think?) he chokes up and decides not too set a 7 min time limit. even though kids were playing 7 min games..

you won by luck

mgk

bobby, i didn't choke up, man. it would not have been fair, as MOST of the others had played under the 5 minute ruling. when i judged the way you were playing from game 1, i knew that keeping the time set as it was would be better for me, but i first said that i didn't think it was fair towards the others to change it. i think just about everyone agreed with you that it should have been changed from the beginning. i even tried to get the time moved up at the beginning of the tourney. even when they changed it in the finals to 7 minutes, i STILL complained about that, saying it was unfair. but the rules were set, man, in brackets and in finals. also, just about all of the matches i timed out were me winning by a very decent percentage, even in the matches with you. the only exception to this was chad, whom i had a ridiculously close set with. i was ahead by only an EXTREMELY low percentage, and chad tried to draw me to the ledge by using his up-b repeatedly and accidentally killed himself. being a good friend of mine, i hugged him after the match and told him that was NOT how i wanted our match to go. i wanted our match to end in a KO, not time or suicide, but that's how it went. to be honest, i much rather have had a more aggressive, up-front match with you, bobby, ending in the same way i wanted it with chad, but as i said before, you play a character that dedede has almost NO approach options against. i'm sorry if you wanted me to just run into your bombs and ftilts, but unless i have snake fight dedede close on DEDEDE'S terms, the matchup becomes more problematic for dedede. plus, with all the missles, mines, and grenades you were sending my way, how would i even approach? i can't just RUN into bombs and nikita missles all day. i would automatically lose. if you wanted me to just forfeit, sorry, but i was trying the method i knew how to beat snake, as i said before. i fight mike a good bit, and fighting snake close with dedede on SNAKE'S terms is almost suicidal.

also, we used to be mad cool when we used to train together at GSU in melee, and now you don't want to be simply because you lost to me in a match of brawl? because i didn't want to be unfair to a lot of other players so i could cater to you or myself? THIS is why i think that you feel some people are beneath you. i think that you include me in that bunch of players, and i guess there's no real changing your mind about that. i even felt that at the GSU sessions, but you still acted mad cool towards me during melee. also, when i said you just get mad when you lose, i still stand by that. granted, you lost by 4%(yes, i agree losing by 4% IS pretty lame...), and yeah, i would be a little upset at that for a few minutes, but that's no reason to get mad at or have anything against XIF. i know for a fact that you have enough foresight to see that when time is running down and you are at a disadvantage, you need to change it up a bit, because i think you are a good, smart player. but, if you don't use all of your tools, then you lose. again, i should have changed strategies against justin, but i didn't, and i paid dearly for it. DEARLY, lol, as people saw me get embarrassed on a giant screen and mike's stupid comment earlier, which i'll get him for later. but, no johns. he camped me, and i lost. being childish about it and making personal attacks over it is idiotic, and you know it. you were considerably better than me in Melee, so i'm going to attribute your temporary friendship to that. you even had gotten upset with me after i beat your marth with roy, as i did every marth in GA for a little while. i have several more examples where i saw you get upset, but i'll end it with this. i get upset when i lose to, but there's a difference between getting angry at your opponent and just being upset about the loss. you can say what you want about wes agreeing with you, but you and i both know he wouldn't agree to you being such a baby about it. i also don't agree with the tourney coming down to luck. if you were that much better than xif or myself, then you should have won against us hands down. i didn't see your match with xif, but in your match with me, you were predictable and i took advantage of it, period.

i feel we should talk a little more to work this out fully, but we should do it on AIM. i have yours, and i think you have mine. if not, it is CarrotGlace1. as i said before, though, i will NOT have you disrespect me anymore to my face. i won't tolerate it. so, as said before, when you come to a tournament, come correct and come respectfully, to me and everyone else.
also, thank you for apologizing to desu. he had nothing to do with you and I, and i'm glad you had the decency and coolness to apologize to him.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Sounds like camping really is the best strategy...?
in snake vs dedede, yeah. snake has strong, high priority attacks up close that are decently fast. besides grabbing, dedede is pretty slow up close, and his stronger attacks are mid ranged, so he has a lot of trouble approaching snake. plus, the way bobby uses snake, it is harder to approach because of mass grenades, mines, and nikita missles. waddle dee/doo or gordo are the best option to stop his grenades. i started catching grenades and tossing them back at him to force his shield so i could try and close the gap and maybe land a grab, which worked well that time. usmash and his strong aerials/anti air attacks make it hard to do an aerial approach, as well. i have to fight him, and a number of characters, close on my terms to beat them with dedede.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
first off... i take back what i said against desu... i never played him cept friendlies and i never saw him really camp my bad guy. -snip-
Apology accepted, Bobby. I really do appreciate it.
Hope to see you at Waba, man, if only for some friendlies. :D

just1111

Smash Journeyman
just to clarify things, the past few post are from miles aka mgk not bobby.

so none of that you typed makes any sense.

mgk

^--keep your eyes peeled for that too distinguish the two. ;)

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
camping is not a good strategy vs. SQUIRTLE squirtle will run you down and eat you

GA Peach

Smash Lord
just to clarify things, the past few post are from miles aka mgk not bobby.

so none of that you typed makes any sense.

mgk

^--keep your eyes peeled for that too distinguish the two. ;)
ok, i'll look for that next time. i wasn't paying attention to that, but what i typed still makes sense. just apply the 4% match stuff and the xif stuff to you, miles, and the rest to bobby, then. all my points involving him are still valid. i still don't think you should be mad at xif because he won by such a small margin. as mike said, a win is a win, as long as it is still within the given rules of the tournament, and GA DEFINITELY needs to understand that.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
jwong's play vs you has inspired me

next time it'll be all JUSTIN WONG MOR LIEK DANIEL TONG

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL

&

you won by luck

mgk
man way to set a double standard you friggin cry baby. Who was the one that camped me the ENTIRE time not bothering to approach me once? I rushed you for the entire first half of the set and I paid for it so when I figured you werent gonna do anything else I adapted and camped you right back. See, the difference between me and you is that I see you camping and I'll be able to adapt to it. But as soon as I start doing something different you dont change your gameplan at all. The way I see it, the one match that didnt time out I won. You won the first match to time and I won the third to time, so dont even try to come in here and act like I lucked out or something. You lucked out just as much then by even beating me a round.

Lame and Luck? Please, I was playing YOUR game, if you had decided to come and fight me instead of just throwing bananas and peanuts, then maybe you wouldnt have lost to a timeout like that. Maybe you couldve won, but the fact is that even after I switched my play style to counter your utterly shameless camping, you did nothing to switch it up, and you paid for it. You ran the risk of a time out, and you got punished by it. Luck my ***, whether by 4% or by 100%, it was your bad for letting the timer go for the entire match. So what if I ran for the last FIVE SECONDS? Would I not be a complete moron to run the risk of my percent lead? Even as I up B'd off and stalled you didnt even make an effort to go out there and put some damage on me. EVEN AS YOUR LOSS WAS COMING NEARER DUE TO ME BEING AT A LOWER PERCENT YOU STILL REFUSED TO APPROACH ME. I want to make that as perfectly clear as I can.

And call me a chump if you want, but you'd be sorely mistaken and flat out wrong. Lets remove all matches with timeouts from the equation:

I still beat you fair and square the one match that didnt time out

I'm not blaming you for camping, but i'm not gonna sit here and let you think that A: you didnt camp just as badly and B: that it wasnt even a bit your fault that you lost to time out.

GG.

Nite

Smash Champion
I'ma come down to Georgia sometime. Me and Lance at least. Somebody hit me up whenever you guys are throwing tournaments because we'd love to come. GA is like a home away from home for me by now. <3

Mike- Good **** man. It's real nice to see you back again. Grats on your first big Brawl tourney win. Keep it up. (What characters did you play btw?)

P.S. Tong is hot.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
lmao, i'm a camper?
you're dumb.
5 mins was too short.

get over yourselves.
yes it was 5 minutes, but you see, the crazy part is that it works BOTH WAYS! what?! Oh my god. Sorry, apparently you're under the assumption I had 7 minutes to work with, and you're stuck with 5. I can see why you might be upset.

No no no, see, we both had five minutes. We both had a dumb time limit to work with, and we both had an equal chance of getting boned by a time out. Except I actually won a match without a time out, and we both won once to time outs, and that makes you a whiney c0ck.

five minutes was too short, that isnt the argument. The point is that you cant call someone a coward or a bad player because they win to a time out, ESPECIALLY if you go and win by a time out too and just let it go without a word. Maybe if I had heard something along the lines of "that was kinda gay how I won" then your argument may have some merit, but no, you didnt. As long as the time out worked for your means it was perfectly legitimate. What a sickening double standard, get the **** outta here with that nonsense I aint got the patience to spell out this nonsense to ****ing first graders.

I'm not even gonna begin on the whole camping argument. Admittedly camping is a subjective opinion, but pretty much everyone that saw yours or bobby's matches would agree it was some shameless shameless camping, which is still perfectly legitimate, and still perfectly risky with the time limit, and still perfectly capable of punishing you. I dont have a problem with your camping, but I wont let you go about with the assumption that somehow you werent, and that somehow it wasnt at least half your fault that it was timed out like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom