• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 16: MYM 17 Starting June 1st

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
1) Chou Chou by Katapultar
2) Father Cornello by MasterWarlord
3) Vander Decken by Smash Daddy
4) Judge Nemo by Katapultar
5) Grandmatriarchs by ForwardArrow
6) Dhoulmagus by MasterWarlord
7) Prime Minister Honest by ForwardArrow
8) Viktor by FrozenRoy
9) Evil Sir Leopold by MasterWarlord
10) Arlong by MasterWarlord
11) Mnoleg bty darth_meanie
12) Nue Houjuu by FrozenRoy
13) Baron Rivendare by FrozenRoy
14) Hydrazoa by MasterWarlord
15) Slappy by Smash Daddy
16) Patchwerk by FrozenRoy
17) Thaddius by FrozenRoy
18) Altis by Katapultar
19) Wang Chan by MasterWarlord
20) Grobbulus by FrozenRoy
21) Hatchan by MasterWarlord
22) Kuvira by ChaosKiwi
23) Feraligatr by JOE!
24) Donnel by Dr. Slavic
25) Axton by JOE!
26) Traxex, Drow Ranger by FrozenRoy
27) Meganium by JOE!
28) Typhlosion by JOE!
29) Kunkka by FrozenRoy
30) Bahamut by Katapultar
31) Lom Lobon by darth_meanie
32) EX Red King by ChaosKiwi
33) Clawgrip by Dr. Slavic
34) Blastoise by JOE!
35) Shinobu by Katapultar
36) Kel'Thuzad by FrozenRoy
37) Ryuto by Katapultar
38) Venusaur by JOE!
39) Ravio by ChaosKiwi
40) J by ChaosKiwi
41) Banjo-Kazooie by JOE!
42) Braixen by BridgesWithTurtles
43) Deadpool by n88_2004
44) Sonic Heroes by Munomario777
45) Wizzro by Bionichute
46) Wonder Red by Munomario777
47) Loatheb by FrozenRoy
48) Castform by Dr. Slavic
49) Bellatrix Lestrange by Getocoolaid
50) Shrek by BridgesWithTurtles and ChaosKiwi​

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm looking forward to seeing the top 50!

I've got a set planned for the next MYM, so I'm excited for that too.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Wow, I can't believe Wonder Red of all my sets made the top fifty. :p

By the way, is it allowed to edit sets after the voting, top fifty, etc are done?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
1) Chou Chou by Katapultar
2) Father Cornello by MasterWarlord

Congratulations to Katapultar. Chou Chou is a great set and I’m glad he finally has a win under his belt, it will serve him well going forward into his OP of MYM 17. It was nice to have an actual competitive run for the win, and this was the best chance I think I’ve had at winning in a long time. I will struggle to produce sets to top Cornello and Leopold to try to make another run at it, but maybe the lottery Shrek Super Votes will align some day.

3) Vander Decken by Smash Daddy
4) Judge Nemo by Katapultar
5) Grandmatriarchs by ForwardArrow
While Chou Chou is still a great set, Judge Nemo was my favorite Kat set and competing to be my absolute favorite. I’m glad to see it still get a very high position. The top 5 in general consists of my 4 super votes and one of my own sets, so I can’t exactly be disappointed.

6) Dhoulmagus by MasterWarlord
7) Prime Minister Honest by ForwardArrow
8) Viktor by FrozenRoy
9) Evil Sir Leopold by MasterWarlord
10) Arlong by MasterWarlord
Leopold ended up not having some of the broader appeal, but I’m of course happy that he is still in top 10. It’s more unexpected and makes me happier that Arlong managed to also get in. I’m not sure if I’ve ever even had 3 sets in top 10 at once, let alone 4. It’s also nice to see Froy return to the top 10 with Viktor.

11) Mnoleg bty darth_meanie
12) Nue Houjuu by FrozenRoy
13) Baron Rivendare by FrozenRoy
14) Hydrazoa by MasterWarlord
15) Slappy by Smash Daddy
16) Patchwerk by FrozenRoy
17) Thaddius by FrozenRoy
18) Altis by Katapultar
19) Wang Chan by MasterWarlord
20) Grobbulus by FrozenRoy
21) Hatchan by MasterWarlord
This contest’s quality gap shows a good deal on the top 50, when there is only one non leadership set in the top 20 with Mnoleg. It’s unfortunate that the contest was mostly made up of leadership and newcomers with minimal “middle class”, so to speak, and it’s extremely revealing that Wang Chan placed so high (With a random super vote, but still). If I’m going to be a jerk about any particular set overplacing, I will say that Grobbulus sticks out as too high. I guess most of the negativity of the movement was blamed on Kel’Thuzad.

22) Kuvira by ChaosKiwi
23) Feraligatr by JOE!
24) Donnel by Dr. Slavic
25) Axton by JOE!
26) Traxex, Drow Ranger by FrozenRoy
27) Meganium by JOE!
28) Typhlosion by JOE!
29) Kunkka by FrozenRoy
30) Bahamut by Katapultar
It’s pretty impressive how far Kiwi and Slavic have come in this contest. While Kiwi wasn’t a newcomer, he definitely made great strides in actively attempting to improve his setwork. I only wish that there were more sets for them to actually compete against, as they may struggle to top these placings in the future. I am also pleased to see Feraligatr as Joe’s highest placing set among the many choices voters were given, with Meganium fairly close behind.

36) Kel'Thuzad by FrozenRoy
For all the negativity surrounding Kel’Thuzad, I’m still glad it made it on top 50 and not in a terrible position. He really needed to have some actual performance in a contest like this one, less he get defeated by Shrek.

40) J by ChaosKiwi
41) Banjo-Kazooie by JOE!
42) Braixen by BridgesWithTurtles
43) Deadpool by n88_2004
44) Sonic Heroes by Munomario777
45) Wizzro by Bionichute
46) Wonder Red by Munomario777
47) Loatheb by FrozenRoy
48) Castform by Dr. Slavic
49) Bellatrix Lestrange by Getocoolaid
50) Shrek by BridgesWithTurtles and ChaosKiwi
It’s kind of bizarre to see Deadpool and Shrek placing, though Shrek at least only squeaked his way in due to a single voter. While I have great distaste for Sonic Heroes and Wonder Red, I’m still glad Munomario’s presence was at least recognized to get him onto the top 50. It’s also impressive Kiwi managed to place with 4 sets, 5 if you count Shrek. Pretty much every set Kiwi posted was declared as his “best one yet”, so hopefully he can continue that stream of self improvement. I’m glad Bridgeswithturtles was in this contest at all with the lack of veterans, though I would like to see him try to give a couple of more serious offerings in the next contest when his most serious moveset of Braixen tied with Shrek in vote count.

Congratulations to all who made top 50! If you didn’t make it, this contest certainly showed that it’s very possible for anybody to make their way on in the current movesetting climate, and with how long the voting/advertisement/top 50 counting periods have gone on for, MYM 17 should be posted quite soon. We’ll tell you the posting date soon.

Last edited:

Katapultar

Smash Lord

YES!! OVERWHELMING VICTORY!!

YES!! I have finally won after 5 years and 12 contests! This was so thrilling and exciting to me that I lost 2 nights of sleep over it, but man it was worth it.

I really thought Cornello was going to win (just like you all did, admit it) as his 2-man concept and execution were utterly revolutionary, not to mention Warlord had a much better contest showing than me set quality wise and comments. It would have been just as fitting for Cornello to take 1st place, since the old guy is kind of like Warlord in that he's withstood the test of time and everything he's done in his set is the result of all the experience accumulated from being a heavyweight male antagonist back in his younger days, not to mention Fullmetal Alchemist sets. It would have also been a really cool throwback to MYM6 where Warlord won with a moveset for The Count, an early villain from the dark manga Berserk, as Cornello is also an early villain in his own series. Come to think of it, so are Wang Chan, Hydrazoa, Hatchan and Arlong...

I never thought Chou-Chou would end up so well-liked let alone win upon finishing and posting her, as she does have some flaws and did some really risky stuff, but it makes me so incredibly satisfied and overjoyed to win with the main character of what is now essentially my favorite series ever (alongside Disgaea) - I could not ask for a better or more fitting character to win and have represent me in first place (makes sense because she's the Undisputed God of the Universe, you know?). Looking back at her not long ago, I realized that Chou-Chou is my dream set that encompasses just about every trait I could ever want in my ideal moveset: she's the main character (I enjoy -having- sets for main characters despite only having Chou-Chou, Keroro and Leviathan), her Specials feel almost utterly complete, she represents her source material faithfully, she's fun and educational, but above all she manages to be an interesting set for MYM without the need to set-up and has enough melee to satisfy me. She even takes Keroro Platoon's fun writing style despite not carrying it out throughout the entire set, and has the whole Jason emulating his franchise reception thing by having Chou-Chou surprise everyone by being at the top when almost nobody expected it, as she always talks big and is hard to take seriously until she actually pulls off that big thing.

And now for my wholesome opinion on the Top 50 placings:
  • Vander Decken: This reminds me of how Smady got 3rd with Waluigi 2 contests ago, which is fitting because they're both comical characters. Those other One Piece guys definitely have their work cut out for them if they want to top this guy in future contests.
  • Judge Nemo: I always thought that Nemo could be my big chance to win a contest even when he was still an idea in my head, but I'm so glad I won with Chou-Chou instead. It is also weird, because this is my 4th 4th placing but I -wanted- it to end up like this because this finally completes my bizarre fantasy involving the "Big 4" of Luxord, Salvatore, Funny Valentine and Nemo whom would all be the main villains of my own personal SM if I had to write one right now. That would be so cool. It's funny because all 4 of them are blonde.
  • Honest: I kind of wish I had Rv'ed this set over Neku, and almost did beforehand. My experience with the set was a little different from everyone else due to having watched Akame ga Kill!, but I still feel it's really fitting for him to place so high, especially admirable given he was made so quickly and FA prefers this set over Grandmatriachs and you'll know this if you've read his recent article (seriously guys, give him some comments).
  • Viktor: Is this some kind of 8th place curse? Is Froy the new HR in terms of placing? (that dude placed 8th in MYM4, 5 and 6) Nonetheless, congrats to him since he's pumped out a lot of sets this contest, as he always does.
  • Leopold: I thought this set might win and now know that Smady was right when he said the Dragon Quest movement was overlooked in his advertisement for this set.
  • Mnoleg: I feel poor DM kind of got the short end of the stick this contest, as he put in a lot of effort despite his extremely busy lifestyle.
  • Kuvira: This set placed unexpectedly high, but it's not unfounded. Great job, Kiwi; your persistence has paid off.
  • Donnel: Ditto Kuvira, though it's worth mentioning that Slavic's moveset quality has increased dramatically over the course of the contest. Definitely deserving of his placing.
  • Bahamut: I was hoping she would place lower than Leviathan but higher than Jorm, and she did. I'm glad all 3 Leviathan main characters were able to Top 50.
  • Lom Lobon: I feel this set had the potential to Top 20, just he suffered from a lack of detail that some were able to overlook and that's the only reason I didn't vote him. He could have been better with editing, but then DM wouldn't have had time to do edits. In any case, I do think there may have been some people who overlooked the Dungeon Crawl sets.
  • Shinobu: This set was a bit more popular than I thought given duplicate sets are now hated (though to be fair I posted her at the start of the contest).
  • Ryuto: I expected him to get like 45-50th place back when I was working on him lol, because the men of Mugen Souls are all butt monkies more or less. I am still sweet with this, though.
  • J: Whoever thought His moveset would be the first Bobobo set to place? I can now pass the Bobobo torch down to Kiwi, whether he likes it or not. His writing style and presentation-sense are more fitting, too.
  • Deadpool: Deadpool had his flaws, but was a fun read and for that he deserves a small place on the Top 50. It'd be cool if Nate posted more sets next contest.
  • Sonic Heroes/Wonder Red: Muno still has room for improvement, but I'm glad to see that extra effort spent editing paid off.
  • Shrek: Thank you Bio.
In any case, I am super-duper-ultra-mega-giga-overwhelmingly happy to have a character I feel I am more associated with now than even Jason or Ronald McDonald. I bet you all SV'ed Chou-Chou because she's the only one who can singlehandedly win against Dr. Strangelove, lol. Anyways, I think my loyal peons need to be rewarded somehow. Ah yes, I think I had this lying around somewhere...

If you're wondering why there's lots of light blue, it's because this contest was ocean-themed. And if you're wondering why there are green tubes for borders, it's because there were zombie movements. Or Shrek. Enjoy your frames that are meant to vaguely resemble treasure chests.

Last edited:

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
And so ends my first MYM!
By the way I went I could have tried to go way better, but it was a blast to make sets for characters I love!
See y'guys next contest!

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Woo top fifty!

I'd like to thank everyone who voted, the rest of leadership and the two gurus, Roy and Kat, for their time in getting it out.

I'm very happy with how I placed, considering the incredibly high quality sets I was up against, to get third is pretty humbling next to sets that were huge projects for their creators. It's a really great top ten, and one dominated by leadership.

As for other placings, congratulations to Kat on his win. When everyone who votes super votes your set, that is definitely an overwhelming victory. I always thought Cornello had it in the bag, and was an incredibly deserving winner also, but up against Chou Chou even he fell short. It was the ultimate battle of HMA and LFP, manly and moe, and perhaps inevitably ended how it always does in the movies.

I was surprised perhaps the most by the high placings of Warlord's DQ8 sets and Viktor, which were very deserving and I thought would be overlooked. Judge Nemo is also an amazing set and I'll just have to direct you to Warlord's post for my thoughts on it. The top twenty in general is pretty much exactly as I would've hoped.

Beyond that, I'm happy DM and Joe got respectable placings, and that there were some spots for non-leadership sets further down the top fifty, which is more than deserved for the newer set makers. Don't be discouraged that you didn't place high yet, if you keep trying at it you're bound to place well.

And with that MYM16 is close to its end, the end date will be announced soon. Well done, everybody.

I just updated the user rankings to reflect the whole contest, which you can find here.

To be honest I'd been having problems for a long time getting out updates in a timely fashion, and I'm happy to reveal that FrozenRoy will be largely taking over the URs. I'll be helping with formatting, banners and giving out a reward to the winner, but I'm very optimistic the URs will be far more consistent with Roy at the helm.

Speaking of the prize, congratulations to Kiwi on his astounding victory. That is perhaps a record amount of sets in a contest? Great job. It was difficult with the sheer quantity of sets you made for Kat or Roy to catch up, although that might be a result of them falling behind on commenting too.

It is very interesting to compare who was most active from the URs to the results of the top fifty. I am glad that most of the more active members all got sets on the top fifty, but don't feel disappointed if you didn't because it takes some people a long time to get on there. It took me two contests when I first started, and things are a lot tougher now than then.

A couple of things I want to clarify, I did leave off random one posts on the rankings, but you can find them in the raw data. I also didn't count Roy because of it having a warning due to spam.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Well congratulations on another great(if slightly lacking in "middle class" as Warlord puts it, please come back to us UserShadow we need you) contest everyone, its obviously great to see Katapultar finally win a contest after all these years, and with one of his best sets ever at that. There's also some good stuff like Kiwi and Slavic improving a good deal, Warlord having his best showing in a long time, possibly ever, and Froy getting back in Top 10. DM got close too but he seems to be a bit cursed and always narrowly misses things like Top 10 and Top 5, but its still a nice placing anyway.

I may as well say a quick word on my placings, I feel like Grandmatriarchs honestly got a bit too high but I'm happy to see the concept I was initially excited over end up going over so well. Honest's placing is a surprise, but hey, its a pseudo jokeset getting 7th, beating Mike Dawson for the highest set of that style to get that position. It also breaks my old trend of not Top 10ing on even numbered contests, maybe I've finally got this consistency thing down. Now I just need to have an actually good contest in MYM18.

But yeah, it was fun everyone, here's to hoping next contest is even better. I see a lot of promise here that hasn't been fully tapped into yet amongst new people, so I can definently see that being the case.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
So I'm finally almost finished that Paint Roller moveset I promised such a ridiculously long time ago. Probably going to make some minor adjustments to Victini while I'm at it to help flesh out the descriptions and utility of some of his under-utilized moves, and also do something about his boring grab and throws. (Not really doing anything about the Pokémon Syndrome, though. The fact is, to a large extent I picked the moves after I decided what kind of playstyle I was going for. I already had an idea of what I wanted Victini to do as a character, so I picked Pokémon moves that fit the personality I was going for.) Somewhat depressed Victini didn't make top 50 considering some of the things that did, but I guess that's what I get for posting only one (fairly mediocre) set near the beginning of the contest.

As for other projects, well… relevant quotes:

"Outta the way!"

"A lycanthwhat?"

"Wahoo!"

"THIS is who I am!"

And yes, all of those have been done before at least once. Especially the first and last ones.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Ok, nice MYM we had here. I'm still disappointed in the fact I promised a set on Page 1 and over 100 sets later and the top 50 posted, but MYM 17 will be my redemption. I'm ready.

Springtrap is ready to be posted, but needs some minor tweaks to improve
The colab I'm working on (note: It's with @ Munomario777 Munomario777 ) is coming along fine.
Space Invaders is curious. I'm not set on posting it or not.

MY BODY

IS READY. :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I know I said I'd only talk about my future movesets next contest, but whatever, here are my states of affairs, moveset-wise:
-For my first movesets, I'm doing a sort-of mini-movement of characters from the same series alongside @Dr. Slavic and @ProfPeanut, I'm around half-way though the first moveset and I have also planned 2 more, whom I have a good grasp on how the moveset will be.
-I plan on many other movesets, mostly for characters from western animation, but also...
-I plan on trying to do some sets I once planned for this contest (including some of my first moveset ideas before I entered the contest with Marx).
-Oh, also expect a possible joke set later
-I'm also all up for joint sets, I'd love to make sets with anyone here, so if you're interested you could maybe shoot me a conversation and we can organize it.

Here are some sneek-peek quotes, though these aren't quotes of the characters, but are actually from other characters, but are directed to the character!

"You're not the big mistake. You're just the byproduct of a... big mistake."
"You have to feel like your self! Sweet and considerate and only occasionally obnoxious!"
"Is she trying to re-activate the Kindergarten? Doesn't she know it'll destroy all life on Earth?!"
"Ow! Your pixels are really sharp!"
"Apparently, it can detect the innate qualities of leadership. According to legend, whoever it recognizes is destined to become king."

"This spirited musician can't control his tempo. In fact, his passion is just hitting a crescendo."
"I'm reading huge bio-signs, so I hope your missiles work"
"Be careful. They are hunting you actively now... And this area is very dark. Proceed with extreme caution."

I don't know what to quote for the joke set.

Last edited:

ChaosKiwi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosKiwi
I fully expect everyone to continue to disappoint me.

Here are my plans, by the way.

Last edited:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I fully expect everyone to continue to disappoint me.

Here are my plans, by the way.

Looks like we're doing movesets for the same certain someone which my avatar doesn't make obvious who it is.
This'll be fun.

ChaosKiwi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosKiwi
I only now realize that I have 17 planned sets. Hm.

I guess I'm gonna shoot for 25 then, make the record even more untouchable, yeah?

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I'm so hyped for MYM 17, I can't wait!!!
I have 7 sets planned, and will show you what I am planning soon when I have enough time.

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
I am hyped for mym 17!

I already have 5 sets planned:

Duon(Super Smash Bros.)
Dry Bones(Super Mario Bros)
Kabutops(Pokemon)
X(Megaman)
Sigma(Megaman)

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm going to up the number of sets I do for MYM 17. I'm also hoping to increase the quality... My goal is to someday make it into the top 50.

Anyway, what I'll share for now is that I plan on doing two more Ghibli sets: Totoro and Noh-face.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Currently have 7 sets in the works with around 3 being thought out. I hope to release them with constructive criticism between each.

Btw here are my sets:

Toa Nuva (Tahu, Lewa, Gali, Pohatu, Onua, and Kopaka). The sets will mainly feature their Nuva Weapons, but their Mata capabilities and adaptive armor will make appearances as well. I also regret that I have none of the actual Lego sets anymore, as I can't pose them and show what the attacks would look like. Oh well.

Freddy Fazbear Animatronic (read: NOT Springtrap). I think the set may end up a bit dull, but the thing I'm focusing on is how it's written up. I'll attempt to put some subtle horror aspects in the set, but it may not end well.

Sectonia. For some reason, I want to make another character like Mega Beedrill. Don't worry, it won't be a clone.

Vespiquen. See above.

A Sonic Character that hasn't been done yet.
I'll keep this one a secret for a while longer; I'm excited about this one. The only thing I'll say is that it's no longer Lara-Su, as you apparently need permission from the owner to do any fan work regarding her -_-' I'm much more content with the new character anyhoo.

Last edited:

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Congrats to everyone that placed this contest! Despite this honestly being my weakest contest in several years, I'm still honored that Bellatrix made it onto the top 50, as she's honestly one of my favorite characters I've made a set for and one of my better movesets, if I'm being honest with myself. Again, congrats all around, and here's some of what I'm planning on making next contest!

upload_2015-5-14_20-22-44.jpeg
upload_2015-5-14_20-23-54.jpeg
upload_2015-5-14_20-21-40.jpeg

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I think posting plans have generally gone out of style, with rarely any getting done and the plans just leftover to look stupid afterwards. Let me instead share with you a long list of characters I am remotely seriously considering doing in place of “plans”. I would never make this many sets in one contest, and of course plenty of these will inevitably never get produced. If they are not made in MYM 17 though, the possibility certainly remains for some of them to eventually still gets sets in the distant future.

Kinnikuman/Ultimate Muscle

One Piece

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure

Dragon Quest

Fist of the North Star

Misc.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I think posting plans have generally gone out of style, with rarely any getting done and the plans just leftover to look stupid afterwards. Let me instead share with you a long list of characters I am remotely seriously considering doing in place of “plans”. I would never make this many sets in one contest, and of course plenty of these will inevitably never get produced. If they are not made in MYM 17 though, the possibility certainly remains for some of them to eventually still gets sets in the distant future.

Kinnikuman/Ultimate Muscle

One Piece

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure

Dragon Quest

Fist of the North Star

Misc.

I do see what you mean. I tried doing previews for Samurai Jack, Robin, Catwoman, and Nightwing, none of which ended up actually happening.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Well, there were ONE HUNDRED movesets, and this only covers top 50. There could've been a good number of movesets that got points yet still didn't make top 50, just as likely that there's a bunch of movesets without votes.

...It WOULD be neat to see a grand post with all the movesets that got points, though. =P

ChaosKiwi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosKiwi
I'm disappointed nobody voted for any of my movesets :(
Don't be. It's not unusual for newcomers to not get many or any votes at all, let alone make the top fifty. You're new and have a lot to learn, just use this as motivation to improve rather than something to be upset about.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I'd REALLY hate to be that guy, but would someone consider giving me criticism on my Aban Hawkins moveset? I don't believe I've gotten any and the only ranking I got for it was a 3/10 from someone (which I'm glad that I got that high, mind you), so I can figure out what I should focus on what to do next time?

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I can now go onto my plans for movesets I am for certain going to make for MYM 17.
The first ones I feel confident with are definitely the Mutant Creatures from the Mutant Creatures Mod in the game Minecraft. After I saw Munomario's Steve moveset, I was inspired even more to make these; however.
I am not planning them to be normal smash fighters.
Think of them as mini-bosses. After I make the movesets, don't shout at me saying that 'OMG what if someone went into a tourney with the Mutant Enderman and wrecked everyone because he's unbalanced', because that's not the point.

Mutant Creeper Plan
It does not have a dash.
It can turn around in midair, referencing Minecraft where you can instantly turn around whenever you like, meaning there is no back air.
It can climb on walls, and even the ceiling; for a short amount of time obviously.
Being able to climb on walls, to compensate he cannot grab ledges. The climbing on walls part was more compensating for him not being able to grab ledges actually, since his model would look very strange trying to grab the ledge.
It can turn around during grabs, meaning there is no back throw.
Its neutral and side specials are exactly the same. This is present with all of the Mutant Creatures actually. Don't yell at me for being lazy, as long as a moveset seems like it will turn out well for a character the amount of attacks in the moveset doesn't matter.
Once you have used one move, there is a 1 second cooldown before you can use the same move again. However as the moves have hardly any end lag, the Mutant Creeper is known to pull off strings of attacks to rack up lots of damage in only seconds, and as the regular moves have such low knockback, you can still combo people even at high percents.

Mutant Zombie Plan
It's actually been quite hard to even think of a plan for this guy.
It has full super armour (it does not take any knockback but does take damage) until it is above 40% damage, then it turns into partial super armour, which is like the super armour from Snake's Cypher and Yoshi's Flutter Jump; if the attack is strong enough, it will deal knockback. The Mutant Zombie's heavy weight helps him a ton (see what I did there? Heavy weight, a ton? OK I'll stop now). The super armour stops after 150%, resembling the 150 health he has in Minecraft.
It does not have a shield. This is present in most of the Mutant Creatures.
It has a roll, but not a sidestep.
It can grab ledges and can jump off walls, but can't cling to them or climb them.
Its specials are all just variations of the same move. For example, its up special has it jumping up, his neutral/side special is it hurtling forwards, and his down special has it flying over the ground. Of course, you don't know what the move actually is yet, but if you play Minecraft and are familiar with the Mutant Creatures Mod you should be able to guess.

Mutant Enderman Plan
The Mutant Enderman has super armour until 200%, representing the 200 health he has in the MC Mod. However unlike the Mutant Zombie the super armour is always partial, and doesn't have a 'complete invulnerability' period.
It has a high resistance to hitstun. The hitstun it takes from moves is half of what you would normally be inflicted. This means it is more likely to be able to teleport back over to the stage after being sent flying.
It has no shield, but it does have a sidestep and roll, which are of course all to do with teleporting.
Rather than having its teleport as its up special recovery, instead its neutral special is a teleport that can be done in any direction.
It has separate neutral and side specials, unlike the other mutants.
It doesn't have aerial attacks. It functions exactly the same in the air as on the ground... meaning it can also turn around in midair, like the Mutant Creeper. It can also use smash attacks in the air.

Mutant Skeleton Plan
Be prepared for an arrow inspired moveset...
It has super armour that stops at 150%, and it is always partial, never fully invincible.
It has a roll, but no shield or sidestep.
Its Neutral Attack and Side Tilt are the same attacks, and they can knock back the mutant zombie even in its indestructible period, as it has a fixed amount of knockback.
Like most of the Mutant Creatures, he doesn't have separate neutral and side specials.

I think that's pretty much all for now...
I would appreciate you posting what responses you have to these idea plans.

Last edited:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
You know that last post I made? Yeah. That was a list of movesets I want to do at all costs for MYM 17, but I'd like to discuss sets I'd like to make for MYM 17, meaning that it's possible that none of them are going to be made, but I want to discuss them anyway.
This'll be divided in Highly Probable, Probable, Somewhat Possible and the Forbidden Six, which is a group of 3 sets that I'd LOVE to make, but just can't think up anything good for them.

Let's start.

Highly Probable:

Wart
Kind of inspired from Dr. Slavic's Clawgrip is Wart, probably the highest possible moveset here, if I make a set for him expect a heavy lazy character that uses a lot of minions. I guess I chose him more for the playstyle than the character itself.

Bee and Puppycat
Two characters from a cool webshow of the same name. I say they are highly probable, but I don't really know, there isn't really a lot of stuff I can do with the set, but I really want ot do this one.

Nightmare
To be paired with the other Metroid Fusion sets (did ya guess which are on the last post?) is Nightmare. A floating machine with slime inside that can control gravity, definetly wanna do him.

Probable

Neo-Ridley
To also be paired up with the Fusion sets, alongside my secret wantings for Ridley in Smash that I can't admit is Neo-Ridley. I could just do normal Ridley but I guess we're running a theme here with the Metroid guys so it's Neo for now.

Somewhat Possible

Mom Piranha
A set that I wanted to make since this contest but scrapped many times. If I do it expect some color-changing, planting Piranha Plants and giant lasers.

Gremloblin
Yes. Out of all Gravity Falls baddies I choose this guy. I guess it's just because I really wanna do a big heavyweight, and this guy has some very cool moves shown in the single episode he's in.

The Forbidden Six
Why is it the Forbidden Six, when they'res only 3 sets, this might be an answer:

Pac-Ghosts
Oh boy. These guys are my TRUE first moveset. I started this set as my starter set, though I don't know what I was thinking, as it's a 4 freaking character set, all with different stats. I really want to revive this set but I don't think I have the capabilities to do it.

Lapis Lazuli
After I made it clear to me that I'd do a ton of Steven Universe sets in MYM 17 I then thought of doing a set for her. But the way she fights, by controlling water, woudn't work out the best in Smash, I mean what, can she only be used in stages with water? When I get more creative I may try doing something with this set.

Jasper
I'd love to do a set for her, but from what we've seen from her in-battle it's just punches and kicks, not really something interesting for a cool moveset. Pretty simple explanation.

Also, since there was no quote for the joke set last post and since I'm not really that sure I'll even make it, might as well confirm what it is.

Get your bodies ready.

Also, again, I'm open for collab sets! We can do any set! Even a Forbidden Six if you want! Interested? Just shoot me up a conversation here at Smashboards and we can talk it out.

Reigaout.

Last edited:
Top Bottom