• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 16: MYM 17 Starting June 1st

Katapultar

Smash Lord
MAKE YOUR MOVE 17 STARTS ON THE 1ST OF JUNE

And the OP for that contest will be yours truly! I think we're gonna have a real fun time with all this talk about tall grass, so everyone get at least one or....5 movesets ready for opening day!

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
MAKE YOUR MOVE 17 STARTS ON THE 1ST OF JUNE

And the OP for that contest will be yours truly! I think we're gonna have a real fun time with all this talk about tall grass, so everyone get at least one or....5 movesets ready for opening day!
Yay MYM 17 hype! On the first day of the contest I'll probably upload 2 or 3 sets, depends on the free-time I have between now and when the contest starts.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Not sure if I'll finish the two sets I'm working on in time. Guess we'll see...

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'll take charge of Tall Grass: The Moveset. As well as ANOTHER pokeset I'm working on.

So, they're are going to be two Tall Grasses? May the best one be shrouded in glory
Speaking of Pokésets, for this contest I pretend at least two, one I already quoted a Pokédex entry a few pages a go and another one that I still haven't revealed, they will probably be early MYM 17 sets, though not first-day sets.

Last edited:

ChaosKiwi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosKiwi
I'm gonna make a tall grass set just to show up the rest of you. That'll teach ya. Yes sir.

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Well, the other pokéset I'm making is not tall, but you could say it's grass. (wink wink nudge nudge)

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I'm trying to get more and more sets out. Now that I'm done with Springtrap, I'll be working on a Pokeset. Which one of these would you like to see?

It undertakes photosynthesis with its body, making oxygen. The leaf on its head wilts if it is thirsty.
If it fails to crush the victim in its pincers, it will swing it around and toss it hard.
Found near the mouth of a volcano. This fire-breather's body temperature is nearly 2,200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
And with that, I have a question. Have any of you worked on 2 movesets? If so, was it stressful or good? I want to work on Electabuzz and Darkwing Duck. But I also want to get them both set.

Thoughts?

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Oh, you mean working on 2 movesets at the same time? Right now I have like 40 drafts saved on my computer (most of them have been around for a really long time and/or have little to no progress), and am kind of sort of working on at least 3 at the moment. It's no use working on a moveset without inspiration however, so it's best to give priority to the set you have ideas for and/or find yourself interested in.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Oh, now that's something I'd not thought of: having a projectile that itself counterattacks when struck. What I'd meant originally in my silly joke post was that the counter stance acts as normal but the counterattack is a (probably homing for the lulz) projectile with damage and knockback based on the attack that was countered.
Like I joked about earlier, Peach does this already.
It was funny when I discovered that in Brawl, it actually worked AGAINST Peach when she counters a reflector or Ness'/Lucas' Side Smash, as the spores would go right back to her because reflected, making the move pointless. :troll:

Last edited:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'm trying to get more and more sets out. Now that I'm done with Springtrap, I'll be working on a Pokeset. Which one of these would you like to see?
I pick...
It undertakes photosynthesis with its body, making oxygen. The leaf on its head wilts if it is thirsty.
Because
I like turtles

And with that, I have a question. Have any of you worked on 2 movesets? If so, was it stressful or good? I want to work on Electabuzz and Darkwing Duck. But I also want to get them both set.

Thoughts?
I myself am working on 3 sets at the moment, one main set and other 2 sets for when I'm bored with the main one.

Might as well spill the beans on who the other Pokéset is:
"Riding whirlwinds, they appear. These Pokémon sneak through gaps into houses and cause all sorts of mischief."

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Oooooo Whimsicott.
Whimsicott is going to be a great moveset, I saw that back when peeps only knew the japanese name they made a moveset for her, it didn't caracterized her much in my opinion, so I guess this'll be a try to make a "better" Whimsy moveset.

Also, wouldn't now be a good time for you guys in the leadership to update the MYM Pokédex over at the bunker? Just a thought :p

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
You could have ruled right alongside us. But instead, you chose to defy me. And, for what? To sacrifice yourselves for a world of ungrateful humans that won't even accept you! (...) Then I guess... this is the end of you!!! STAND BACK SOLDIERS! I want this victory, all to myself.

So I wanted to create a 3v1 boss character. He seemed like a good fit.

Victor Krane- Disney XD's Lab Rats​

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Also, wouldn't now be a good time for you guys in the leadership to update the MYM Pokédex over at the bunker? Just a thought :p
That technically falls under Junahu's responsibility as he was the one who made that page, but he's no longer around. I could probably work on updating it sometime.

So I wanted to create a 3v1 boss character. He seemed like a good fit.

Victor Krane- Disney XD's Lab Rats​
He doesn't really look like 3v1 material lol. But we'll have to see when the actual set is posted. ;) I am looking forward to seeing another boss set posted; I love boss sets and we haven't had one since Don Thousand. Perhaps MYM17 will be the revival of bosses?

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'm planning on making 3 Link Between Worlds sets that I have chosen for next contest, not going to be an early contest thing, but hopefully will happen.
Of them one is going to be a 3v1 character, and that is...

Now get hyped.

Reigaout

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
That technically falls under Junahu's responsibility as he was the one who made that page, but he's no longer around. I could probably work on updating it sometime.

He doesn't really look like 3v1 material lol. But we'll have to see when the actual set is posted. ;) I am looking forward to seeing another boss set posted; I love boss sets and we haven't had one since Don Thousand. Perhaps MYM17 will be the revival of bosses?
http://lab-rats.wikia.com/wiki/Victor_Krane

Read this. He certainly is.

Last edited:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Guys, I already have a title for MYM 17!
MYM 17: Of Tall Grasses and Boss Sets :troll:

dis gon b a gud contest.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Guys, I already have a title for MYM 17!
MYM 17: Of Tall Grasses and Boss Sets :troll:

dis gon b a gud contest.
I am so using that title unless somebody comes up with something better. Sure, it might lose its meaning and end up being misleading if none of what it entails is posted, but it sounds like fun.

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Damn is this thread inactive.
As for how I'm going with my movesets, I probably will only be able to instantly have up on MYM 17 just one set, I'm not really having a lot of free time, so only if I work hard enough on that set I may be able to post it at first day.
But I also now have a big list of sets and junk that I want to do in MYM 17, so that's keeping things organized.

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
A little taste of how my Tall Grass set will be written up:

#007: Squirtle(Forward Smash)
Squirtle,the Tiny Turtle Pokemon. Squirtle is a water type Pokemon that is one of the starters Kanto trainers may choose. In the Forward Smash, it jumps out of the grass and performs the move Water Pulse.10-20%.

Thats right,its the Pokedex.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I just recently finished my first moveset, and it looks like I was just in time to post it on opening day of MYM 17. It is a pokéset, and unfortunately I found that someone had already made a moveset for this pokémon a few MYM seasons ago, but I had many different ideas, and now that there are custom specials and other changes, my moveset will be very different from the one before. I hope that is ok because I put a lot of time into this set

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I just recently finished my first moveset, and it looks like I was just in time to post it on opening day of MYM 17. It is a pokéset, and unfortunately I found that someone had already made a moveset for this pokémon a few MYM seasons ago, but I had many different ideas, and now that there are custom specials and other changes, my moveset will be very different from the one before. I hope that is ok because I put a lot of time into this set
It is perfectly fine to create movesets for characters that have had movesets before. FOr example, Sho Minamimoto has had something like four or five sets made for him in MYM's lifetime. Don't worry about characters being made before and such essentially.

Smady

Smash Master
@ Muskrat Catcher Muskrat Catcher No problem doing sets for characters others have done. I think it's best to avoid it, but for things like Pokémon there's plenty of room for interpretation. Good luck with the set, first day isn't long now.

Roy beat me to that one, this post seems kind of redundant. Katapultar or another leader will post when the new thread is up in here, if it's not linked don't worry, it'll be in the same sub-forum. Keep it in mind if you're trying to find the new thread on the 2nd.

Last edited:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Here's a preview for Reigaranks:

Reigaranks
It's like normal rankings, except Reiga-y-er!

Table of possible rankings:

10-You just made a fantastic masterpiece of the set which has a virtually perfectly balanced gameplay, playstyle, etc. Good job kiddo.
9-Your set sure is amazing, not gonna lie at all, but there are some tiny specs of problems which impede these sets from getting a perfect ten or whatever.
8-The set is great and all, but there are some flaws which might hurt it's ranking.
7-You got a good set here pal, but there are some problems with the moveset which are fairly noticable and you got some room to improve on this set.
6-The set is great and all, but it's not with some flaws which make me feel like it's more of a somewhat-great set.
5-Here we get to the mid-point in the rankings, a set in the five is somewhat in the balance of being like the sets above, or being like the sets below, so there is lotsa room for improvement.
4-By now I start disliking a bit the set, as the flaws start being a big problem in the moveset
3-A set with a 3 needs a lot of improvement, but there are a good chunk of nice aspects, so they are not really terrible.
2-I wouldn't say these sets are terrible per-say, they do have some big flaws, but they do have some nice aspects which make it not seem as bad as a 1.
1-The worst of the worst, a set who got a 1 can be unbalanced, not make any sense with the character at hand or overall be an unpleasant read.

Bonus:

0-Can this even be considered a moveset?

Now here are some listed sets or whatever:

*Insert cool image gallery sets ranked here*

Ok, thanks for having a bit of your time to read this preview, have a nice day!
Reigaout.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Ok, I'll make up my own ranking system:

Staff of Rankings!

10. This is reserved for the best sets of the contest. The sets that will go down in MYM history as some of the best sets conceived by our best movesetting minds.
9. You have an awesome set, but there are a few minor things you could use that would make the moveset appeal to more people and also more enjoyable to read and more to the imagination.
8. Quite a bit to improve. These are sets while having good qualities, have a few of bad qualities. These sets include ****ty gimmicks and little playstyle, 2 things that while implemented greatly, may not represent the character, but are still a good moveset in the true meaning of the word.
7. While I like the set, it can be a bit troublesome imagining how all of these moves work. You can't say "X does this and does Y damage and KOs at Z percent."
6. Nice effort, but that effort could have been put into other aspects. What's point in having 18 paragraphs explaining the S Special and have 2 sentences explaining the Jab? I like the set, I just think a bit more time would make the set nice to read.
5. Not good, not bad.
4. Beautiful job at making a moveset! I can respect the set, but making it more mentally appealing and ESPECIALLY visual appealing would be nice.
3. These sets are sad. They don't add anything special, they are lazy combos of other sets and not even a good combination.
2. Reserved for incomplete, uninteresting, boring, stupid, etc. sets. Not good in the slightest.
1. No. Please delete this post moderators.

0. How is this even listed as a moveset on the site!?

These may seem critical, but if I rate a moveset you think was amazing a 2, don't be discouraged. This is my opinion, but these are designed to make you think better. I'm a creative writer, so I can understand things.

Sayonara until then!

Last edited:

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Ok, I'll make up my own ranking system:

Staff of Rankings!

10. This is reserved for the best sets of the contest. The sets that will go down in MYM history as some of the best sets conceived by our best movesetting minds.
9. You have an awesome set, but there are a few minor things you could use that would make the moveset appeal to more people and also more enjoyable to read and more to the imagination.
8. Quite a bit to improve. These are sets while having good qualities, have a few of bad qualities. These sets include ****ty gimmicks and little playstyle, 2 things that while implemented greatly, may not represent the character, but are still a good moveset in the true meaning of the word.
7. While I like the set, it can be a bit troublesome imagining how all of these moves work. You can't say "X does this and does Y damage and KOs at Z percent."
6. Nice effort, but that effort could have been put into other aspects. What's point in having 18 paragraphs explaining the S Special and have 2 sentences explaining the Jab? I like the set, I just think a bit more time would make the set nice to read.
5. Not good, not bad.
4. Beautiful job at making a moveset! I can respect the set, but making it more mentally appealing and ESPECIALLY visual appealing would be nice.
3. These sets are sad. They don't add anything special, they are lazy combos of other sets and not even a good combination.
2. Reserved for incomplete, uninteresting, boring, stupid, etc. sets. Not good in the slightest.
1. No. Please delete this post moderators.

0. How is this even listed as a moveset on the site!?

These may seem critical, but if I rate a moveset you think was amazing a 2, don't be discouraged. This is my opinion, but these are designed to make you think better. I'm a creative writer, so I can understand things.

Sayonara until then!
That's probably the best rankings name I ever heard. Also, what is the coloring theme on the numbers? Are they just random colors?

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Cools. I can't wait to see some funny ranking images!

I find these ranking descriptions absolutely hilarious.
I find that I should switch the 2 around.
That's probably the best rankings name I ever heard. Also, what is the coloring theme on the numbers? Are they just random colors?
Shanks. The colors are just from my favorite color (Purple) to my least favorite (That swamp green barfaroni :3)

Reiga

3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Hey guys, I've passed all day working on it, and it's happening, my first MYM 17 will be able to be posted tomorrow! (I will probably only be able to post it at around night, so don't expect me to post it the moment the contest starts or something).
So yeah, see you guys next contest! Remember! reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye! (that isn't a hint for a set or whatever, btw).
Also, cryptic hint for my first set:
Hopefully someone understands that...

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I've passed all day working on it, and it's happening, my first MYM 17 will be able to be posted tomorrow! (I will probably only be able to post it at around night, so don't expect me to post it the moment the contest starts or something).
So yeah, see you guys next contest! Remember! reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye! (that isn't a hint for a set or whatever, btw).
Also, cryptic hint for my first set:
Hopefully someone understands that...
I bet it's a moveset for Palkia, but I'm probably wrong given the hint has nothing to do with Pokemon and nobody makes sets for Legendaries.

Top Bottom