• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 12: Can someone get Skler a ride? June 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Since gkrackerr hasn't given a reason, I'm going to put June 9th as the date of the tournament. John from Maiden Games already gave me the OK.

EDIT: Hmm...I just noticed Shinri is running something in NY the 9th...I'd rather not compete, and he did post his thread first..

Alandorf

Smash Journeyman
Funny i seem to recall kneeing you in the face 8000 times. Or not... I was drunk when I posted, please forgive me.

MST13: Beard **** ZOMG
haha no i think you were right i did get a knee to the face on several occasions. and MST 13: Beard **** = best call skler has ever made

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
haha no i think you were right i did get a knee to the face on several occasions. and MST 13: Beard **** = best call skler has ever made
everybody gets knees in their face, it's nothing special.

Something in NY on the 9th? I feel like people who come to MST would be MA/VT/NH/ME/RI peeps, who probably wouldn't travel to NY. Has anybody from CT even showed up? Cort?
Besides, NY isn't part of New England.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I caught a legit shiny bidoof once.......from your mom. HAHA what?....not funny ok.

Smooch I have a pretty hardcore beard right now since I found out my work lets you have one if you keep it clean. If your going to that thing tomorrow it might be out in full force.

Alandorf

Smash Journeyman
ya sky prince harry is trying desperately to look like you, all he needs to do is run into a few more doors to get the classy gashes on is forehead

Skler

Smash Master
That's scary. I'm glad I stopped buying pokemon games because of scary new pokemon.

This tourny is going to own, when it happens. It's so far away though.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I guess banks and thorn dont go to tourneys anymore. Ironchief and cog made the trek down to the last one. Any of you guys goin to evo?

This tourney will own.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Pat, I tried to go but couldn't get a ride to IronChief's house to be picked up by RedSox.

I'm not going to evo though, Too much $.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
yo sorry guys for not responding for a while now.my computer has been in the shop after it crashed :( and I just got it back two days ago, and finally set it up today. To answer some late questions: 1. It is bad for me because I have finals prep on saturday and sunday for one of the biggest tests in my school. It accounts for 15% of my final average. And 2. I'm a kid from NY, an unknown, yes, but still im trying to get my name out there and start going to more tournaments and stuff. I know that i am just one person, and that you guys dont really know me, but it would be fantastic to have it on the 23rd. In addition, i might be able to bring 2 or 3 people with me if the tourney occurs on that date

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
The thing is, I've already contacted John (the store owner of Maiden Games) about running it on the 9th...he's probably already advertised "SSBM tournament on the 9th" at his store, so there's no changing the date now.

Besides, if you're from New York, there's a Western New York tournament on the 9th you could attend, and if you want to go to Maine that badly, I'm sure we'll run another one of these (although I'm thinking of just making a "Monthly MST" thread in Atlantic North, since that's all these have become) in July.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
yo sorry guys for not responding for a while now.my computer has been in the shop after it crashed :( and I just got it back two days ago, and finally set it up today. To answer some late questions: 1. It is bad for me because I have finals prep on saturday and sunday for one of the biggest tests in my school. It accounts for 15% of my final average. And 2. I'm a kid from NY, an unknown, yes, but still im trying to get my name out there and start going to more tournaments and stuff. I know that i am just one person, and that you guys dont really know me, but it would be fantastic to have it on the 23rd. In addition, i might be able to bring 2 or 3 people with me if the tourney occurs on that date
#1: welcome! it's awesome that smash is still seeing a steady influx of new faces. the new england scene is one of the nicest around and I hope you get to go to a tourney soon.
#2: NY? That's like...kind of a drive to Maine right? Check the tournaments threads or the regional boards, there always seems to be loads of stuff happening in NY.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Alright, well i suppose i wont be making this one, but thanks for the suggestions cogsmooch, and thanks dazwa for any tournaments that i might be going to in the future. I will make sure to check out the NY tourneys to see if there is anything going on.

And also, the main reason that I would drive to maine, is becuase 1. i was foolish and didn't look for any tourneys in NY, and 2. i got friends up there that i could possible hang out with after smash.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
heh, well maybe this one time they wont...... but then again, they have been cursing quite a bit the last few times I have talked to them on aim/phone/in person

Skler

Smash Master
lol schweppes ordering a schweppes and everybody laughing. Poor pizza guy had no idea.

We gotta visit that place again, we know where it is now. No more getting lost.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Main post updated to reflect the date, etc.

Two things about the tournament.

1. While it's in the main post as a point I felt should be discussed, what is everyone's opinion on the entry fees. Unless there's a huge "lol no" against the 15/10/5 singles/teams/lowtier entry fee, I'm leaving it as is.

2. The stage striking rule. Same as above.

Skler

Smash Master
I submit an lol no against the $15 singles fee. Also an lol no to $5 low tier. That should be $15 while singles is $5. This has nothing to do with me maining a low tier.

Stage striking rule should be a perma strike of any stage. Like the old MSTs. Also, put rainbow cruise on random.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Uh, may as well start a set-up list...

TV:
1. Dazwa

Gamecube/Smash
1. Keto

I'd bring my Cube, but as some of you saw at the last tournament, it's been acting up...not loading the game, randomly giving the "Smash Disc cannot be read" message after a game finishes, etc.

Skler

Smash Master
You know I'm gunna bring a setup. J-norm tends to bring one too. Also, Rick Asley just wishes he looked like me. He does dance the same as me though.

I will be performing the Rick Astley dance if it will bring in more people. Somebody else has to sing though.

WaveShiner X

Smash Apprentice
i'm farting right now, someone should play against me before then so that i can stop farting.

nevermind, just had to go to the bathroom.

i bring gamecube

Smasherkik7

Smash Rookie
So entry for singles is 10 $? And you don't have to play in the teams? So if I would like to play in the singles and low tiers, it would mean my "bill" for ros4 is below 20 $? And it is 3-6 July right? What time am/pm/ are we supposed to come? I have most questions, would be great if someone could answer ^^

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
So entry for singles is 10 $? And you don't have to play in the teams? So if I would like to play in the singles and low tiers, it would mean my "bill" for ros4 is below 20 $? And it is 3-6 July right? What time am/pm/ are we supposed to come? I have most questions, would be great if someone could answer ^^
I believe you're in the wrong thread >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom