• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Pokemon on gameboy is a colossal waste of time, the online simulators are really fun. Its what pokemon is supposed to be.

So where is the fest happening tomorrow? Do we have an address / room number?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm just going to give someone a call tomorrow on my way over. Hopefully I can just park in lot 8 or something for a couple hours.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
You can park right next to the Union, and the meters aren't on after 6 I think. If they are, you can park in lot 60 and walk for 10 minutes to get there.

Again, the room is the Board Room on the third floor. Call me if you can't find it.

Agreed!

Matt, we need to team as Scrubbing Bubbles for the next tournament. You as DDF and me as Suds or something like that.

Highlights of the night that I can remember.

1) First Madtown Crew battles
2) "You don't know how to have fun." (I forget the exact wording).
3) "That DI was so bad it was medieval."
4) Dash Dancing Fox

Also, next week is that brawl tournamnt, everyone sign up for it, and play as IKE!

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who came! It was really fun, and I'm looking forward to next week.

Also, John wrecks in crews. I think teams crews would work, too.

You also said that you would like to do a sort of mock tournament to get familiar with the proceedings and software. Maybe we could try doing a few next time as well. We did two rounds of crew battles in like an hour, a tournament should go by pretty fast with using a few set-ups.

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
Matt, we need to team as Scrubbing Bubbles for the next tournament. You as DDF and me as Suds or something like that.

Highlights of the night that I can remember.

1) First Madtown Crew battles
2) "You don't know how to have fun." (I forget the exact wording).
3) "That DI was so bad it was medieval."
4) Dash Dancing Fox

Also, next week is that brawl tournamnt, everyone sign up for it, and play as IKE!
How about our mock tourney next week? I usually like to team with Ace... He's my boy.

1. So epic.
2. "Sanchez is bad at having fun."
4. DDF... Might be my new tag. It's so obvious it's absurdly funny.

I'm gonna boycott Ike and play Fox lol...

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
It was "Sanchez, you're bad at fun." And you guys should team at the tourney I host, since I doubt I'll be able to play at the same time.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
It was "Sanchez, you're bad at fun." And you guys should team at the tourney I host, since I doubt I'll be able to play at the same time.
pick a day to run the tourney after you can find out if you can get the place at carson's, plus flyers will be done at printed at 2 today.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I'm looking at April 16. There's a tournament in Southern Illinois that day, but that's a long ways away, and that day Frank can come. I'm almost certain I'll be able to get Upper Carson's that day.

And good job on making the flyers! We can give them to people after beating them with Ike lol.

Tomotoya

Smash Apprentice
I'm all signed up for the Brawl tournament at Carson's on April 1st, ready to troll kids with Fox. :D

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'll post the flyers tommorow morning in various places, that will include melee, brawl, project m, plus smash 64 in the future.

lol, I can't sign up for the brawl tournament because its the same weekend as the minnesota tournament.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Super Smash Brothers Student Organization!!

Chill, relax, and have a blast with some of Madison’s most awesome smashers! Do you have feelings of depression knowing that your friends don’t care about smash bro’s like you do. Tired of always destroying the competition and want a real challenge? How good is your Mario? Can your Pikachu wreck falco? Seriously, if you want to put your mind to the test, or maybe just figure out how good your smash skills are, just drop by at the Memorial Union on Thursdays from 6-12 at room L110 (basement area). Just as Captain Falcon would say, “show me your moves!”
If you have any more information regarding this Student Organization please email me at daleccio@wisc.edu and I will gladly answer any ?’s you have.

there is a picture of all the melee characters above "chill,relax...."
if you guys want to edit this fine, but if not, I'll print this out at like 4pmish, and start walking around madtown posting this, including chem building, engineering, dorms, libary's, housing food, and other legal area's.

Things that I'm concern with before printing a lot of copies.

Contact information, am i giving to much information by putting my email out their? I think if people really do want to play ssbm, that they would write down the email and contact me, or just go to our "meetings."

Does this grab your attention? "my pikachu can beat anyone's falco, I'll go for sure."

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
That seems really good; you can put my email if you want (sbruning@wisc.edu). People put their email out there on flyers all the time, so it should be fine.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
yeah it's run by the university for a gaming night so it's brawl only. Also sam/ryan, are we going to be in that same room at the union every thursday or will it change weekly? cuz ryan apparently put the basement room # on the flyer.

I'll bring over a game system tomorrow Sam provided nothign changes with tomorrow's smash session. Hopefully we can steal the den room TV or something to use it. We are getting quiet a lot of people to show up now to use your only TV.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I have a meeting at 5:30, so we can only go until 5:15 tomorrow. Wednesday I'm not Smashing at all because of work. The den should be open if we need another TV. I emailed the Union yesterday to see if we could get the same room as last week (although it's a little small), so I should hear back tomorrow, and I'll be sure to pass it on.

I have 3 exams next week. fuuuuu....

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Lightsout8ace- we should start to set up a link for the tournament and start advertising it to grab people's attention, mainly, to show that poke floats is legal, lol. We should create the tournament rules next smashfest/know the location of where it is (somewhere in carson's as I know). We can talk about these things on Thursday........team moonwalk!

P.S. Sorry for being so krabby at the smashfest on Monday Madison.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I think Im gonna show up this thursday, there is a fest happening right?
yes, please call me when you (you too mund8ungu) so you guys can park somewhere free or at least cheap, I may have to ask madison peeps again where you guys should park, but should be all good

Top Bottom