• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Madison WI Smashfests!

Jaymo72

Smash Rookie
I do not own a corded controller at the moment. Does anywhere still sell them or is a wave bird ok if I make it out there to play friendlies?

Can't justify playing singles after an almost 2 year hiatus. Though it would force the hands.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
you can buy them online from a number of places, but I have only seen GameStop sell controllers in-store, and they only sell crappy third party ones. I will be bringing some extra regular corded controllers if you want to borrow one for the day.

ORLY

Smash Master
amazon.com is your best bet

see all you guys tomorrow!

i'll be accepting all iron man MMs. name your price!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
one person has to call me to make sure i fjet to ethe tournament todaym and tv is also importnet , how eldse can i bring it dther. you hve my numner

WUMBO tournament, I lent a powerstrip for the event, and I was wondering who has it right now. Should be easy to tell its mine, wrote "Xeylode" on the back of it.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Nice job with the tier post Exarch, it's really well articulated and organized well. It's kind of funny / surprising how no one has disagreed with ganon > marth.

Pretty much all of the discussion is about high tier being interchangeable, it looks like people generally agree with most of it.

Well, do you think you could try letting me burrow it along with any software that came with it? I'm sure there are more than a few guides out there on how to use it, but simply need to take the time to find it and figure out how it works.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'll try to remember to grab it over Easter.

Also, our event at 8 PM tonight is Falcon only tournament. If any set lasts longer than 6 minutes I'll be disappointed (not mad, just disappointed).

Zerieth

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm a newby who is interested in smash big time. Don't suppose you guys would mind crushing me a few times so I can pick up some moves?

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
We definitely wouldn't mind! We're always looking for new players, especially those with enough initiative to come to smashboards on their own. Come to Memorial Union tonight, or any Thursday until May 5, between 6 and midnight. We're in the basement on the West side tonight.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
So, I have to work every day next week and study for the looming Act Sci exam, so I can't even make Smash Club Thursday. I can play for a couple hours Wednesday at 3:30, but that's it.

No is more sorry than I am.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I had an indescribable smash epiphany.
I also currently concede that fox is the best character.
The two are unrelated.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
I don't remember specifically anymore, it was something related to bowser's movement I though of while playing Sam with bowser that I later realized was actually universal for smash. Makes me want to play sanchaz though...

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I think it's something along the line of finding the zone where you can't be harmed and weaving in and out to bait, because that's what you were doing.

Also, that's a fast-*** Bowser.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I don't want to play this game anymore. I want to have fun. lol, I rather play mvc3, or have fun, Ace I'm not coming to the thurday smash fest.

Pikachu

1) Play different people
2) play diferent characters
3) do stupid stuff (interpret however you will)

Either way, it sounds like we won't have much of a smashfest this week if two of our tvs are missing.

spikes, your favorite place to troll on smashboards?

john!

Smash Hero
yeah sanchaz, play other characters and do crazy ****. when we play teams friendlies you usually limit yourself to fox/falcon, i guarantee you would have more fun if you branched out more

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
probably the picture thread, i always take cheap shots at moderators who post their pics and have yet to get infracted for it.

Top Bottom