• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm going to stop reading because I have not been able to actually finish Awakening D: (I am actually in the last chapter). AFK going to finish.
Good luck with the last chapter. It's going to be one big emotional roller coaster but one worth riding, I promise. ^_^ I hope you enjoy the ending to the game as well. Let us know how it went and how you feel afterwards, if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I like choosing the sacifice ending because I love how it shows Robin's and Lucina's ending last. Makes the game end on a fluffy note.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I like choosing the sacifice ending because I love how it shows Robin's and Lucina's ending last. Makes the game end on a fluffy note.
Not to mention it lets Robin keep the promise he made during the Hotspring map

"And then, even then. Even if I'm killed, I'll find a way to come back, just you watch"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Video games in general don't make me cry. In fact, I'm really difficult to break in general.

There are 3 big notable exceptions to this statement:

Peace Walker, Guns of the Patriots, and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Chapter 13 gets me every time, even with a single tear.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not to mention it lets Robin keep the promise he made during the Hotspring map

"And then, even then. Even if I'm killed, I'll find a way to come back, just you watch"
And shows that they finally earned their happy ending. Until the Falcon attacks.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Video games in general don't make me cry. In fact, I'm really difficult to break in general.

There are 3 big notable exceptions to this statement:

Peace Walker, Guns of the Patriots, and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Chapter 13 gets me every time, even with a single tear.
Yeah I too have a difficult time when it comes to video games making me cry or tear up but Fire Emblem: Awakening tore me apart in ways I didn't think possible. There were several times I wept like a little baby, either during a support conversation, a scene in the main story and of course during the "Future Past DLC" chapters, especially in regards to the conclusion of it all. You know a game is a work of art when it can touch the very core of you and make you feel and care for fictional characters that other games fail to do so. Moments like those remind me of why I love video games so much. <3

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Where do you guys find your artworks? Because I look on deviart for so zelda ones and ca't find the ones I want. And I am jsut going to say this, while lucina's story is just hear breaking, no one's story, I repeat, no one's story beats this guy;

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Where do you guys find your artworks? Because I look on deviart for so zelda ones and ca't find the ones I want. And I am jsut going to say this, while lucina's story is just hear breaking, no one's story, I repeat, no one's story beats this guy;

I found the majority of my artworks from deviantart but zerochan is also a great place to find pictures of anime looking characters like Link and Lucina. Hmmm, I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you there. It's hard to feel emotionally connected to anyone if they are a mute who have many woman fawning over him and yet he chooses the one woman who usually denies him, with the exception of Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors. But hey, that's just my opinion. Your more than entitled to your own and I very much respect it. ^_^

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

HYAHHH!!!
Yeah I too have a difficult time when it comes to video games making me cry or tear up but Fire Emblem: Awakening tore me apart in ways I didn't think possible. There were several times I wept like a little baby, either during a support conversation, a scene in the main story and of course during the "Future Past DLC" chapters, especially in regards to the conclusion of it all. You know a game is a work of art when it can touch the very core of you and make you feel and care for fictional characters that other games fail to do so. Moments like those remind me of why I love video games so much. <3
@TheWernda Someone mentioned DoFP. You know what your job is.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
HYAHHH!!!
SAIYRRRR. Just to clarify, I wasn't specifically talking about SS link, but all the Link's in general.

Yeah, it was this video that made me realize that even though all SS Link wanted to do was save a good friend he "admires", that one action of defeating Demise cursed anyone with his hero spirit and forever more, each Link has to face unspeakable trials because of that one cruse. (if you don't understand what I am saying watch the video)

Edit: sorry here is the vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOdpMnkqED0

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You have to explain it too!
Depends on if anyone here wants to hear it. If so, I can go find the wall-o-text from a month ago.

Though to be fair, if the people who are reading my story and don't know about it would rather keep the big twist from next chapter from being spoiled... then maybe i should not link it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Depends on if anyone here wants to hear it. If so, I can go find the wall-o-text from a month ago.

Though to be fair, if the people who are reading my story and don't know about it would rather keep the big twist from next chapter from being spoiled... then maybe i should not link it.
Spoiler it.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
SAIYRRRR. Just to clarify, I wasn't specifically talking about SS link, but all the Link's in general.

Yeah, it was this video that made me realize that even though all SS Link wanted to do was save a good friend he "admires", that one action of defeating Demise cursed anyone with his hero spirit and forever more, each Link has to face unspeakable trials because of that one cruse. (if you don't understand what I am saying watch the video)
Oh, I know you weren't just talking about SS Link so don't worry ;)

Wow, I never thought about it that way actually. I can see why you view Link's story as a tragic one similar to Lucina's. That's very interesting and something that I never really gave much thought. Thanks for helping me see things more clearly in regards to what you were originally saying.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh, I know you weren't just talking about SS Link so don't worry ;)

Wow, I never thought about it that way actually. I can see why you view Link's story as a tragic one similar to Lucina's. That's very interesting and something that I never really gave much thought. Thanks for helping me see things more clearly in regards to what you were originally saying.
He's tragic, but not as tragic as Lucy.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I honestly don't know about this big twist but I'm fine if you keep it under a spoiler tag. I've actually never heard of this fan theory regarding The Future Past DLC. It sounds rather intriguing and something that deeply interests me.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I honestly don't about the big twist but I'm fine if you keep it under a spoiler tag. I've actually never heard of this fan theory regarding The Future Past DLC. It sounds rather intriguing and something that deeply interests me.
Alright, massive spoilers for my fanfic incoming (since the "twist" is that this theory is basically canon in my story)

This headcanon is based on a fan theory I stumbled into awhile back, so I can't take credit for all of what I am going to say (though I have made a few additions to it to support my headcanon). Warning, the following is a massive wall of text full of intense headcanon, conjecture, and massive spoilers for the Future Past DLC. You have been warned.

Alright, so you've made it this far, no turning back now. Theory/headcanon time. (Note: For simplicity's sake I will be referring to Lucina and Robin as couple here, since thats how it was in my game)

At first glance the Future Past timeline appears to be much like the original future timeline Lucina came from. However, there several major differences that indicate that this timeline is actually very different, and serve as the backbone of this theory.

1) In the main future timeline it was implied that Robin willingly became Grima, or at the very least gave into despair and accepted his role as Grima's vessel . This is not true for the Future Past Robin, who is shown to be actively resisting, implying he did not become Grima willingly.

2) Morgan exists in this timeline regardless of if her parent is in fact a second gen character. Furthermore, she remembers Robin before they became Grima and refers to the other characters of that timeline as having been her friends, implying she wasn't just created by Grima but was actually born in this timeline.

3) Grima is more powerful in this timeline, both in terms of stats and also storywise as he was able to kill Naga.

4) Tiki survives up until the DLC's events, when it is implied the main game's Lucina never met her in her own timeline.

5) After Robin gives her his book, Morgan notices she has another exact copy of it. The interesting thing is, during the Hotspring DLC, Morgan discovers she has two copies that that exact same book, with no memory of where the second copy came from. How interesting, I wonder if that could mean...

Yeah, as I implied by that last point, the theory is as such... the Future Past timeline is in fact the timeline the main game's Morgan comes from. How the heck does this work if Lucina is Morgan's mom you may ask? It works because the Future Past isn't an alternate version of the original future timeline Lucina came from, but rather its an alternate version of the game's main timeline, where Lucina and the others came back in time just like in the main timeline but in the end everyone still failed.

In this timeline, things play out like they do in the game at first. Lucina arrives in the past, with her influence changing the outcome of the war with Plegia, with events matching the game's up to the two year timeskip. However, at this point the timelines diverge, with something changing to delay the war with Valm by seveal years, causing it to occour later just like in the original future timeline. The most common explanation is that in this world Yen'Fey fought back against Valm, delaying events (and leading to the death of this world's Say'ri, making this Yen'fey in fact the version you recruit from Spotpass).

In the end though its not important why the war with Valm is delayed, what is important is that this means there is an extended period of peace. During this time all of the second generation characters are born, with their future version being around during this time. It is also during this time that Robin ends up in a relationship with Lucina, during which time Morgan and her twin brother (thus explaining the two Morgans in the DLC) named Marc (Morgan's name in the Japanese version, works as good headcanon name for male Morgan)

However, the peace does not last. Eventually the war with Valm happens, and with all resistance on his own continent dealt with, Walhart's forces are stronger now. The war is longer and bloodier, but eventually the Shepherds win. Things play out then like the game, Fire Emblem is stolen, and this is where things go wrong. Perhaps Basilio was killed in this timeline, so the gemstones were never swapped out, but either way Robin, despite his stronger ties to the Shepherds due to his amnesia, is forced to kill Chrom and against his will becomes Grima (explaining point 1). With Robin's strength added to that of whats left of Future Robin!Grima's own power and Grima's, the Fell Dragon becomes even stronger now (explaining point 3).

With Chrom dead and the Fire Emblem lost the Shepherds have no way to defeat Grima, with each of them, including Future Lucina and all the others from her timeline, killed one by one in the fighting. Grima!Robin manages to get Morgan and Marc to join him either through intimidation, brainwashing, or both. The future falls into despair, leading to the state we find it in during the Future Past dlc.

But then comes the fate of Morgan, and how she ends up in our timeline. Following her encounter with the Robin from the main timeline and her refusal to keep fighting, she returns to Grima to report what happened. As you could imagine, Grima is not at all happy about this, and decides to kill her. However, before he can do so, Robin, just like he does during the finale of the DLC, gains control of his body long enough to send Morgan out of this timeline just like he will do with the Shepherds. In doing so he erases her memories, leaving her only with a few on him before he turned evil and a few false ones so

that she believes she had been traveling with an uncorrupted version him right before she was sent back, wiping her of the guilt for everything she did while working for Grima and giving her a second chance in a timeline were maybe he won't fail her and everyone else.

This in turn would explain why in Morgan's paralogue it sounded like those Risen were sent specifically to kill her. They would have been sent by Grima of the Future Past timeline once he was in control again to make sure she didn't escape.

The fun part is this would mean that Morgan's existence in the game is as a result of circular causality. Because Morgan appeared in the game's timeline, Robin got to know her and thus when he runs into her past self in Future Past, recognizes her enough to say she remind him of, well, the Morgan he knows. As a result of having met Morgan, he gives her the book, causing Morgan to disobey orders, thus leading to her being sent back in time, thus leading to Robin meeting her, thus meaning he recognizes her in Future Past... you get the idea.

So yeah, sorry about the massive wall-o-text, I'd love to hear what you guys think of this headcanon, even if its just telling me how wrong I am :nervous:

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
He's tragic, but not as tragic as Lucy.
Oh I completely agree! Lucy is one very tragic character, more so than Link will be in my personal opinion. Having most of your friends, family and loved ones killed in some apocalyptic world in which there is no hope, no salvation and only death is something any Link has yet to truly experience.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh I completely agree! Lucy is one very tragic character, more so than Link will be in my personal opinion. Having most of your friends, family and loved ones killed in some apocalyptic world in which there is no hope, no salvation and only death is something any Link has yet to truly experience.
At least she goes back, stops it all, gets Robin.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
That's true. I'm sure she found some peace from that experience by at least saving one future, especially a future that was actually in a worse state than her own.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I am waiting anxiously to hear what those who are reading the above theory for the first time think (note: as stated I cannot take credit for the theory. I only added a few details)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That's true. I'm sure she found some peace from that experience by at least saving one future, especially a future that was actually in a worse state than her own.
And she able to have a happy family with Robin, Morgan, and Marc.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I am waiting anxiously to hear what those who are reading the above theory for the first time think (note: as stated I cannot take credit for the theory. I only added a few details)
I shall let you know probably by tomorrow, permitting I have the necessary time to read it all. I do so enjoy reading, especially in regards to very well thought out fan theories/stories.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I shall let you know probably by tomorrow, permitting I have the necessary time to read it all. I do so enjoy reading, especially in regards to very well thought out fan theories/stories.
Yeah, it is a wall of text, isn't it. Also, reading my fanfic isn't nessessary to the theory, as its only 4 chapters in and has yet to reveal all the things layed out in my post i quoted.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah and while she gets that, Link has to go back in time to try and live the childhood he lost while losing his best friend in the process and they has to go save a parallel town from a Moon while still on the same 3 day cycle, have people he just meet forget him in a flash while being turned into a deku shrub (scrub? I don't know). And he does it all without even a thank you (or kiss for Zelda). Sorry of rant, but I just really resepect link as a character and that's all. My heart just hurts for him ever time I remind myself of his life(s)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Yeah, it is a wall of text, isn't it. Also, reading my fanfic isn't nessessary to the theory, as its only 4 chapters in and has yet to reveal all the things layed out in my post i quoted.
Oh don't worry about the amount of text. I've read book that were 700 pages long in a few days so this is nothing. Besides, like I said previously, I enjoy reading immensely so, therefore I don't mind reading what you call, "a wall of text." Ah I see. Well even still, I think I'll only read your fanfic first and then go over more throughly the fanfic just to get a summary of it all. I can wait. ^_^

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah and while she gets that, Link has to go back in time to try and live the childhood he lost while losing his best friend in the process and they has to go save a parallel town from a Moon while still on the same 3 day cycle, have people he just meet forget him in a flash while being turned into a deku shrub (scrub? I don't know). And he does it all without even a thank you (or kiss for Zelda). Sorry of rant, but I just really resepect link as a character and that's all. My heart just hurts for him ever time I remind myself of his life(s)
If I were Link, I tell Zelda to go find a new hero.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So, I just beat Hard All Star for the first time, and guess who finally got me through.

I may replace WFT in my main trio with her. Possibly. Shulk is still a consideration, too. She'll be a secondary at the very worst, though. A very high secondary.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Also, I just noticed on her alt trophy that in her Tiki outfit, the Exault brand on her cape is replaced by a dragon emblem, which is really cool. I still like the Nowi one the best for the colors, but the Tiki one is VERY tempting.

EDIT: If we're talking M!Morgan pairings- I ADORE him with Cynthia, but from what I've glanced over it, his support with Noire is cute, too. Personality wise, I also think him x Nah has cuteness potential.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom