• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is TRASH(vs samus)=CLOSED! NO MORE POSTS PLZ!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
TGM you gotta realize that Wifi is trash. And I played RoyR too. And beat him once in friendlies. His Marth. So there.

....But then RT beat me pretty soon after that lol

Excellence

Smash Champion
Just curious, who has the advantage when it comes to this match-up? Samus' Zair is questionably harder to dodge on Wifi, but she's got a few other things that seem to push things in her favor. Anyone care to enlighten me on the match-up statistics?

lil cj

Smash Lord
I think if the Lucas player plays defensively and space right then
they can win against Samus
Samus's zair prevents anyone from getting to close to her
So while your at a distance she will fire missles and charge beams at you to lure u in....but Lucas can jus psi magnet and reflect them bac with the stick
I was watching some of Xyro's vids on youtube to see his playing style
he has one of the best Samus' Ive ever seen
*shaking in fear*
We need Galeon or Levitas to face him:)

Excellence

Smash Champion
If you're a comfortable Lucas player you can play him yourself. I don't even main Lucas, haven't touched him in a month or so? Last stock he was at a pretty decent damage on his last stock. Xyros is also a little too comfortable going off the ledge which makes him vulnerable to the lure and edgeguard tactics.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I defeated ProAPC 3-1. by far the best lucas i have ever played in my life. OMG!
......dude. Not cool.

*sigh* whatever. I'm just here to plug the Matchup discussion. Everyone should comment on the Samus v Lucas Matchup (That includes you, Xyro[Please])

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I think if the Lucas player plays defensively and space right then
they can win against Samus
Samus's zair prevents anyone from getting to close to her
So while your at a distance she will fire missles and charge beams at you to lure u in....but Lucas can jus psi magnet and reflect them bac with the stick
I was watching some of Xyro's vids on youtube to see his playing style
he has one of the best Samus' Ive ever seen
*shaking in fear*
We need Galeon or Levitas to face him:)
Yeah, where the heck is Levitas? Must not like playing Wifi. A shame if that's the case... I bet (s)he'd have a good chance of winning, despite the mad craziness of Xyro.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok guys this thread has lived its lif and now it needs to die. I had great fun and i learned to respect lucas much more than i have been. you guys showed me some tasty tricks with lucas and i mean when i say THANK YOU!

i will not be coming back to this thread again. im done its over. However, if any of you still wish to play me. plz PM me and ill accept.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Xyro wrote me a PM with all the thing he learn from the Lucas matches, my comments are in blue
Xyro77 said:
Ok, ill tell you all ive learned and then you can post it on the boards. they will believe you over me anyday.

Things that i recommend:

1. ALL lucas players need to learn the "pk fire/absorb recovery thingy". this totaly caught me off guard and its so fast that my missles cannot change dirction fast enough to knock lucas out of it.
he's talking about the magnet pull, i like to use it a lot, and that's what i did vs him :)

2. aproach and retreat with pk fire. it pisses me off to no end.
wavebouncing pk fire

3. NEVER ALLOW A SAMUS TO SAVE UP THE CHARGE SHOT!!!!! once i have it, i notice lucas players start to get scared that im holding it and then they begin to do dumb things. fear not the charge shot.
that's true, a Samus main have a lot of ways to hit you with it, don't even try to absorb it, you'll miss

3. Do not try and go off of the stage to gimp me. it wont work.....the only thing ive seen that does work is the pk thunder.
that's what i did and that was what worked :)

4. N-air to jab ALOT! it eats at my shield and DOES NOT allow me to punish you. its by far the safest thing ive seen a lucas do.
Samus' grab and jab are slow to start, i don't use that a lot, i prefer nair to nair or nair to tilt, but i can't do it in wifi :(

5. COUNTER PICK levels!!!! i have trouble with lucas on BF and yoshi island.......but NEVER go to FD or pkmn stadium. thats just asking to be spammed.
lol, FD is my favorite stage, that was the only stage i chose. The fight i won was in BF, it is true that BF is Samus' playground, but it's Lucas' too (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom