• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is in the Brawl! - General Discussion

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
KEEP NESS!!! I don't like the idea of my main being replaced by a friggin' japan only I've never heard of... I wouldn't mind putting them both in, but Ness stays
le gasp

Be more open to Lucas. Mother 3 is incredible!

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Better then EarthBound, even? (I know Pokey, my favorite character, is in it, and I've seen some of the gameplay, and it sounds awesome, but I still haven't played it).
yeah, I enjoyed Mother 3 a lot more than Earthbound, the storyline is so cool and deep, and the song-rhytm battle combo thingy makes battles more fun..

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
It is so hard for me to decide... EarthBound was my favorite game ever, but Mother 3 is just SO good, but I feel weird dethroning EB as soon as I play a sequel, it's still a great game....

So, to recap, both are amazing, but I'm still not sure which one I like better. I highly recommend you try your best to play Mother 3.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
yeah, I enjoyed Mother 3 a lot more than Earthbound, the storyline is so cool and deep, and the song-rhytm battle combo thingy makes battles more fun..
The Japanese commericals for Mother 3 where the girl was talking about the story...

I'm sure it must be a tradgic story, but at the same time, holds on to the quirky zaniness the Mother series is known for.

SpeedBreaker888

Smash Cadet
Mother 3 is my favorite game it beats out alot of other games that were My Favorites, I don't know how it compares to EB so I won't say it's better, but it has a great storyline, and great characters and a good battle system, and let me not forget the amazing Music. So don't hate Lucas, I mean I only have known the character for a Month, I didn't even know he existed but then after playing Mother 3, he is like one of my top favorite characters of All time, So I hope him and Ness are in Brawl together.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What is the deal with Mr. Saturn's tea table? Does Lucas or any other MOTHER character ride it in the games?
Yes, I haven't played the game yet but I know that it takes you around places at high speed and you can control it. Here's a funny pic of Lucas and Kumatora not liking it and Boney just staring into space.

EpicE

Smash Journeyman
Lol Lucas kinda looks cool to be honest, rather see Ness make it back for mabe the last installment of SSB but hey mabe a change wont be bad.

Melchezdek

Smash Rookie
Philadelphia PA, I am willing to play anyone in br
I am a EB Fan and I would be extremely upset if Lucas becomes a replacement for Ness. I don't know much about Lucas because he is a Japanese only character and not much info has surfaced on English sites. It would be stupid to replace a EB character with another EB character that would only lead to another Smash Brothers game with only 1 EB character. I would love for them to keep both so I could try out Lucas and still have Ness. But if you notice everytime that nintendo revealed a new character on the Smash Brothers Series they end up being released in the states following a year later. Marth and Roy for example everyone was like wtf? Then the following year GBA and GameCube had a Fire Emblem game in the US.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You can get a majority of the soundtrack (I assume) on iTunes. Look for the album MOTHER 3i .

parrothead

Smash Lord
He replaced Ness!

EDIT: Oh wait, according to Luca's Special Moves update, some of his standard moves are quite different. His move set is also slightly different compared to Ness's, which probably means that Ness will get a new move set.

RWB

Smash Ace
But if you notice everytime that nintendo revealed a new character on the Smash Brothers Series they end up being released in the states following a year later. Marth and Roy for example everyone was like wtf? Then the following year GBA and GameCube had a Fire Emblem game in the US.
Not true. Marths games are yet to be released outside Japan. Roy made a cameo in FE7.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...funny how the Ness thread got a lot more replies than this one.
Lucas looks awesome! Yay!
I might totally main this guy. He looks like he might take Mother to the higher tiers again!

Ekit

Smash Rookie
Is Ness going to be in it or not??? The suspence is killing me!!!!!!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
.... okay, seriously now.
Does anyone here still support Lucas? I mean, like him?
I've almost only been reading "OH NO NESS" today. While this thread got, like, one reply about "yay Lucas". That is not a healthy balance, my friends.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
.... okay, seriously now.
Does anyone here still support Lucas? I mean, like him?
I've almost only been reading "OH NO NESS" today. While this thread got, like, one reply about "yay Lucas". That is not a healthy balance, my friends.
YEAAAAAHHH LUCCASSS!!

Read my lucas history thread for more enthusasim.

( I never posted here because well im a more casual player but I'm a diehard ness fan, but I think Lucas is cooler. )

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
And though i realize PK Cannon is highly abusable its the most satisfying up special ever to preform and strike with. It won't be too much to ask to tweek it so Lucas isn't so vunrable is it?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."
He says that Ness has been in the smash games up until now, so maybe he is saying one of two things:
1. Ness is still in, up until now, meaning present and still will be
or
2.Until now, couse he has been remplaced by Lucas, he just stopped appearing, you get me?, like until now, and it ended, he is not in anymore

Dont get me wrong, I find Ness possibilities very slim, and I dont care if he gets in or not now that Lucas attacks are the same as Ness's with like almost no difference (PK Frezze is just like PK Flash but whit freezing effects and maybe a little bit less deadly if it connects, PK Fire goes forward in the air instead of diagonally down, PSI Magnet only covers your front side instead of all your body). I actually like that his attacks are more PSI oriented, I prefer that, but Ill miss the bat and yo-yo a little though, but Ill get over it :p, of course, if Ness doesnt come back.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I put this in the moves forum, but I want people here to see this too.

Wow, the hexagons look similar to Fox's shine.

My summary of the moves:
PK Freeze:I'm guessing that like PK Flash the snowflake floats up, and then down, and explodes when the special move button is released. Either an improved or a worse version of PK Flash.

PK Fire: Looks the same at first, except for it goes sideways in the air. The pillar of fire looks way bigger though, so I'm guessing it does more damage. I'll bet the startup lag is still crappy though.

PK Thunder: Not much to say here, seems exactly the same, except for the appearance of the move when you hit yourself with the lightning. Seriously, a little explosion of fire? Seems much less impressive than the big explosion of light Ness had.

PK Magent: Looks the same, except for that the magnet is in front of Lucas. Does this mean if you get hit from behind you won't absorb? If so, that would suck, because they really don't have to make it even worse than it already is. It was already almost useless in melee, unless you were on a team with Fox...but maybe you can slightly move it around you, like when you shield?

Up Smash: Looks powerful and promising, like Fox's up-smash. And judging from the picture, it has a good range, too. Don't dissapoint me.....

Back air: If I'm not mistaken, this is the first back air meteor in the game. Maybe since its shaped like a shine, it will spike like a shine? Hmmm.....

Tether Recovery/Grab: I hope it doesn't have horrible lag like other long ranged grabs do. Well, I guess it's better than Ness's short grab. And as a tether recovery, it looks short compared to Link's and Samus's.

Down Smash: Looks dissapointing, similar to Mewtwo's down smash. I don't like one sided Down Smashes, because they are lame. It would be awesome if Lucas covered both sides at the same time with both hands.

P.S. Why is everyone depressed about Ness not being in Brawl? He wasn't that good in Melee....(no offense, Ness....Please don't burn me to ashes.)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm sad about Ness not being in Brawl because I've been using him in SSB64 since the first day I got him. Granted, I did not use him as much in Melee because of Mewtwo and Pichu, but I still like to use him. I've played Earthbound and pretty much went through all he had to go through. It's not his B-moves I'm attached to either; I'm probably more attached to him using the baseball bat and yoyo instead of his Psi. His hat and backpack has also grown on me.

I know I have to move on to Lucas, but I haven't played Mother 3 yet, so I'm not really attached to him. I know how epic the plot of Mother 3 is and what Lucas had to go through, but I loved Mother 2 for its lightheartedness and quirkiness. I know there are a lot of quirky things in Mother 3, but in Mother 2, you meet up with a lot of quirky characters, like the Cameraman. Ness in SSB64 was what introduced me to Earthbound; so I'm just going to have to accept Lucas in Brawl and play as him. Who knows, it might make NOA bring Mother 3 to the US.

LucasownsNess

Smash Rookie
I'm glad with Lucas...I can't believe some people would emotionally attached to Ness. Good god, I like Ness to but not enough to "ZOMG SMASH BROS SUCKZORS NOW!"
If anyone should be representing MOTHER in Smash Bros...It should be Ninten.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I was thinking about this, but I wasn't gonna make an entire thread about it, the New Pork City stage could not be Lucas's stage, so it has to belong to other character, my point, Lucas could have another stage, the question is which?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was thinking about this, but I wasn't gonna make an entire thread about it, the New Pork City stage could not be Lucas's stage, so it has to belong to other character, my point, Lucas could have another stage, the question is which?
Tatsumarii?

Top Bottom