• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
How do you deal with Link? Even if I get past his projectiles, he can just up-smash. I can't really tank the projectiles since he will grab me/space me. Wario (my main) can eat the projectiles but that leaves some lag that Link can just dash attack on. Halp pls?
Spot dodge grab attempts and perfect shield everything else up close.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
How do you deal with Link? Even if I get past his projectiles, he can just up-smash. I can't really tank the projectiles since he will grab me/space me. Wario (my main) can eat the projectiles but that leaves some lag that Link can just dash attack on. Halp pls?
Get good

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Oh my god that movement. I was such a scrub.
At least I didn't do that on stream at a major though.

Randomly, is anyone going to Big House? Or am I the only one?
I'm afraid you will be the only one -- attendee list mentions only one participant so far.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm getting back into the 'Monster' days of REM. Songs like Binky The Doormat and Crush With Eyeliner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOgotuap60
"I know you
I know you've seen her
She's a sad tomato
She's three miles of bad road
Walking down the street
Will I never meet her?
She's a real woman-child
Oh my kiss breath turpentine"
-too good. I based an old signature on that line.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Link's question.

With the buffs he received, do you think Link is an is match up for Robin?

I just curious, cause I remember seeing some one say he was.

:135:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't played a good Robin since the buffs. IDK.

I'm feeling better, got some walks in and got outside. Anything new with you guys?

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
What's cracking, you beautiful sons of b—

Ahem, hey, how's it going? It been a while.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I played Wheo on For Glory like a month or two ago. He lost to my Sonic. My Sonic.

I don't have a Sonic.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He dropped by early into Smash Wii U and said the following:

There's footage of him playing Smash Wii U with Hylian when it just came out, but neither Hylian nor Legan ended up caring for Sm4sh, so the last we know of Legan is that he very occassionally played Melee at Hylian's house, but for all we know he's done with Smash altogether. He hasn't been online on Smashboards since December, and he's one of the few people whose Facebook I don't have.

Reminds me of someone.
Legan joined the military/navy/airforce(I don't remember which one lol) So he doesn't really have time for smash anymore.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I haven't played a good Robin since the buffs. IDK.

I'm feeling better, got some walks in and got outside. Anything new with you guys?
Hm, that's cool. i was just wondering about you Link's opinions of the maatch before I asked a Robin main. Maybe I could ask @The Soulless One

Check this out, it's awesome. That's all I got.
Oh my Hylia, that is AMAZING!!!

I played Wheo on For Glory like a month or two ago. He lost to my Sonic. My Sonic.

I don't have a Sonic.
But Sonic's good.

I know that's not the point, I'm just saying

D

Deleted member

Hm, that's cool. i was just wondering about you Link's opinions of the maatch before I asked a Robin main. Maybe I could ask @The Soulless One

Oh my Hylia, that is AMAZING!!!

But Sonic's good.

I know that's not the point, I'm just saying

Even after the Checkmate buff I still think the MU is even.

Bombs beat everything of Robin's that isn't Thoron and Link's spam makes it easier for him to win the projectile game because he's that much more mobile when throwing out projectiles (Robin has to stand still for Thunder charging, and can only move a little when casting Arcfire)

I would give Robin the advantage in the air for the most part because of the strength/speed/disjointed range of the Levin sword, which makes her aerial set better than Link's IMO, except for the fact that Link's Uair/Dair will outrange, but those two moves are situational and pretty heavy commitments anyways (Uair not being as bad as Dair of course).

Robin has faster options on the ground than Link but Link's projectiles have more of a presence there than in the air (which is very important for him in this MU IMO) and I feel like Link has a slight range advantage on the ground as well in terms of his Normal set.

Link's Smash attacks overall aren't as heavy commitments as Robin's are and kill earlyish. His F-tilt is a heavier commitment but can actually kill unlike Robin's, U-tilt can kill earlier than Robin's. F-Smash Swing 1 is a relatively low commitment option that confirms into Swing 2 which kills really early and can also hit with a tipper for a stock as well. Link's D-Smash is surprisingly safe, and his grab range is enormous now which allows him to get kills off U-Throw a bit easier simply because he has the range. Robin is also just tall enough to be reasonably poked with Zair.

Both can mess with each other's recoveries pretty easily, Robin's Elwind is a free Dair or anything else for Link which often means a stage spike if Robin is recovering from below the ledge.

Similarly Link is susceptible to the Nairplane because his recovery is rather predictable.

This is all just off the top of my head, though.

IMO if Link tries to go all CQC without his projectiles, Robin will win, but if Link starts throwing out Boomerangs and especially Bombs intelligently then he has the advantage because he can apply better overall pressure which confirms or at least racks damage towards his kill options.

Granted, it's been a while since I've played in general and since I've played a post-buff Robin, but a lot of this still applies I think.

I would need to play @Raziek again or another Robin of a similar level now to get a better idea, but that's nigh impossible for me right now because of college.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was in a really rotten mood about something unrelated to this site. But I went on a nice 4.2 mile hike and took pictures of the aspen leaves changing color. That was nice :) I'll post some once I sort and upload them.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Even after the Checkmate buff I still think the MU is even.

Bombs beat everything of Robin's that isn't Thoron and Link's spam makes it easier for him to win the projectile game because he's that much more mobile when throwing out projectiles (Robin has to stand still for Thunder charging, and can only move a little when casting Arcfire)

I would give Robin the advantage in the air for the most part because of the strength/speed/disjointed range of the Levin sword, which makes her aerial set better than Link's IMO, except for the fact that Link's Uair/Dair will outrange, but those two moves are situational and pretty heavy commitments anyways (Uair not being as bad as Dair of course).

Robin has faster options on the ground than Link but Link's projectiles have more of a presence there than in the air (which is very important for him in this MU IMO) and I feel like Link has a slight range advantage on the ground as well in terms of his Normal set.

Link's Smash attacks overall aren't as heavy commitments as Robin's are and kill earlyish. His F-tilt is a heavier commitment but can actually kill unlike Robin's, U-tilt can kill earlier than Robin's. F-Smash Swing 1 is a relatively low commitment option that confirms into Swing 2 which kills really early and can also hit with a tipper for a stock as well. Link's D-Smash is surprisingly safe, and his grab range is enormous now which allows him to get kills off U-Throw a bit easier simply because he has the range. Robin is also just tall enough to be reasonably poked with Zair.

Both can mess with each other's recoveries pretty easily, Robin's Elwind is a free Dair or anything else for Link which often means a stage spike if Robin is recovering from below the ledge.

Similarly Link is susceptible to the Nairplane because his recovery is rather predictable.

This is all just off the top of my head, though.

IMO if Link tries to go all CQC without his projectiles, Robin will win, but if Link starts throwing out Boomerangs and especially Bombs intelligently then he has the advantage because he can apply better overall pressure which confirms or at least racks damage towards his kill options.

Granted, it's been a while since I've played in general and since I've played a post-buff Robin, but a lot of this still applies I think.

I would need to play @Raziek again or another Robin of a similar level now to get a better idea, but that's nigh impossible for me right now because of college.
Hm, well that is every interesting. Basically all of what you said made sense. I can definitely see the match up as being even. Now I wonder why Raziek said that Robin was almost definitely than Link (at least tier wise). Anyway, what do you think would have to change with Robin/Link to give one or another an advantage of the MU?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^IDK how buffed Robin is now so he could have risen. A lot of people like to overestimate their character because they only play wifi or scrubs so that is a potential reason. I tend to trust the live tourney goers most. Wifi warriors say weird things like Zelda is high tier, lol.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
^IDK how buffed Robin is now so he could have risen. A lot of people like to overestimate their character because they only play wifi or scrubs so that is a potential reason. I tend to trust the live tourney goers most. Wifi warriors say weird things like Zelda is high tier, lol.
But Raziek is very much a tournment goer. I think he really is one of the few Robins that actually goes to tournements.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
what do you think would have to change with Robin/Link to give one or another an advantage of the MU?
are we ever going to stop stupidly hypothesizing here
I THINK IF LINK GOT AN INSTA-DEATH ATTACK THE MATCH-UP WOULD SWITCH IN HIS FAVOR

who cares, it won't happen, stop obsessing over fantasies and hypotheses and face reality

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
are we ever going to stop stupidly hypothesizing here
I THINK IF LINK GOT AN INSTA-DEATH ATTACK THE MATCH-UP WOULD SWITCH IN HIS FAVOR

who cares, it won't happen, stop obsessing over fantasies and hypotheses and face reality
Sorry, i just like to think of theories and hypothetical situations. I know there is an unlike chance of it happening. Doesn't mean I could discuss about it. No need to be mean.

Rizen

Smash Legend

It's hard to keep up with smash. All the patches and characters being closer than other SSBs. I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 U recently. Trolling monsters with the Eclipse Gambit Bow gun's crouching fire is fun.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace

It's hard to keep up with smash. All the patches and characters being closer than other SSBs. I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 U recently. Trolling monsters with the Eclipse Gambit Bow gun's crouching fire is fun.
It's definitely possible to really determine where Link stands in most MU's at this given point though.

Just got MH4U. If you have 3DS I definitely recommend it. Finally bought the 3DS and I love it. I have no regrets.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
In the wake of events that transpired here yesterday, I would like to share the following video, which combats such prevalent and important issues as people making slightly mean-spirited remarks on the Internet and teenage girls sticking post-it notes all over their wall

As the description points out, "Words are worse than any weapon, and no gun will be more powerful than a sentence." I am thankful we have such a caring staff on this website, who enforce rules that recognize that maxim.

I too was a veteran of the ****posting war of 2012, and carry deep wounds due to it.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
In the wake of events that transpired here yesterday, I would like to share the following video, which combats such prevalent and important issues as people making slightly mean-spirited remarks on the Internet and teenage girls sticking post-it notes all over their wall

As the description points out, "Words are worse than any weapon, and no gun will be more powerful than a sentence." I am thankful we have such a caring staff on this website, who enforce rules that recognize that maxim.

I too was a veteran of the ****posting war of 2012, and carry deep wounds due to it.
The kids who cry about ''cyberbullying'' should be raised here. It could save their wimpy lives.

Rizen

Smash Legend
sasook sasook is a master troll :awesome:

If a user gets on my nerves too much I simply ignore them. I don't suffer fools well.

Edit, this guy who lead a hiking group I went to a few years ago died. He was old and had a heart attack but he kept hiking literally until the end. :( I didn't know him very well but still.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

I've been to a number cyber bullying presentations/shows/lessons, and even tho I get the message it still makes me sad seeing what has happened to some people because of it. I mean, it just so wrong what these bullies do.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
I've been to a number cyber bullying presentations/shows/lessons, and even tho I get the message it still makes me sad seeing what has happened to some people because of it. I mean, it just so wrong what these bullies do.
Perhaps it really is wrong what these 'bullies' are doing, but there will always be people who say things that could hurt your precious little feelings, regardless of wether what they're saying is directed towards you or not.
Rather than saying what these 'bullies' are doing is wrong, you could also just say these 'victims' are nothing but insecure, weak-minded, ignorant, thin-skinned kids.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Perhaps it really is wrong what these 'bullies' are doing, but there will always be people who say things that could hurt your precious little feelings, regardless of wether what they're saying is directed towards you or not.
Rather than saying what these 'bullies' are doing is wrong, you could also just say these 'victims' are nothing but insecure, weak-minded, ignorant, thin-skinned kids.
Who, that's a little harsh.

I can see your point. However, there is a difference between someone who can take it and someone who is being abused whether verbal or physically.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
It's funny because the same people who bully are the weak. You never see a bully go after someone stronger than them. That is weak.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
It's funny because the same people who bully are the weak. You never see a bully go after someone stronger than them. That is weak.
There's no reason to bully people 'stronger' than you because they're fine. It's the weak that need to grow some skin and toughen up.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
There's no reason to bully people 'stronger' than you because they're fine. It's the weak that need to grow some skin and toughen up.
They won't bully someone stronger because they're insecure about themselves. Afraid of facing the harsh truth that they themselves are weak. The bully creates a shell by taking their own personal and emotional turmoil out on another because they don't have the necessary willpower to deal with themselves. Whether it be family issues, personal and emotional issues, or even issues that they consciously can't comprehend, they can't deal with it. And yes, if they're bullying people to look good to others (online and in the real world) then they have insecurities.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
They won't bully someone stronger because they're insecure about themselves. Afraid of facing the harsh truth that they themselves are weak. The bully creates a shell by taking their own personal and emotional turmoil out on another because they don't have the necessary willpower to deal with themselves. Whether it be family issues, personal and emotional issues, or even issues that they consciously can't comprehend, they can't deal with it. And yes, if they're bullying people to look good to others (online and in the real world) then they have insecurities.
thanks oprah

Top Bottom