• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
What do you mean? In what way?
Link's UpB has almost no horizontal movement. Today I lost a stock missing the platform on Smashville because Link's UpB has close to no horizontal movement. I've got to keep that in mind from now on. XD

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I finally got the gold crown for large Deviljho in Monster Hunter 3 U. Now my guild card has every award :awesome:

Being sick is giving me cabin fever. :nervous:
Deviljhos are....well the devil.
I love MH3u, but I've really been enjoying MH4u though the swimming mechanics were fun in MH3u. I may be the only person who says that.
Still, MH3u has my favorite monster - THE LAGIACRUS.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Deviljhos are....well the devil.
I love MH3u, but I've really been enjoying MH4u though the swimming mechanics were fun in MH3u. I may be the only person who says that.
Still, MH3u has my favorite monster - THE LAGIACRUS.
I played the **** out of Monster Hunter Tri. I put over 700 hours into that game. I should get back into Monster Hunter Ultimate, haven't touched that one in quite a while.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
I got second in a new weekly last night. It was a great tourney with 24 people showing up including half the PR (1,2,3,6,9).

http://challonge.com/SNS1_singles

What started out as a tourney to prove my Link is still relevant became affirmation I should still main Link. Even when I was down 2-0 in Loser's Final I decided I'll stick with Link for the match even if it meant going down with him. I did so over my new main Rosalina after some long soul searching.

Loser's Final.
http://www.twitch.tv/613smash/v/16861924?t=5m15s

Before the prior week I hadn't played Link for over two weeks as I focused on switching to Rosalina and learning Sheik; I was completely disillusioned with Link following drowning in pool 2 of the Summit. That break proved to be worth something. I played far differently afterwards with many bad habits fading and a new perspective on how to play after all the time with Rosalina and Sheik. Regardless, I still thought Link no longer had a place if I wanted to actually win something.

But I'm prideful and after the Smash community here constantly egged me on about the sell-out and no longer being the best Link main in Ottawa I had a point to prove. Still, I wasn't going to be like Scizor and go Link even in poor MUs; my Rosalina carried me through the bad MUs. Ultimately I think that's the way to go, use Link when you can but don't try and force it if you want to be competitive.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Greetings
It seems like this board is in relatively decent shape since I left for temporary leave.
Good.
There are some deku scrubs out there, but within a few short days they will be ether exterminated, or grow into a child to grow up.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Greetings
It seems like this board is in relatively decent shape since I left for temporary leave.
Good.
There are some deku scrubs out there, but within a few short days they will be ether exterminated, or grow into a child to grow up.
Probably because some of us have been hanging out in the newly made Skype group. Other than, it's mostly been quiet san typical random topics of conversation that we've come to expect no less from the Link Social.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Probably because some of us have been hanging out in the newly made Skype group. Other than, it's mostly been quiet san typical random topics of conversation that we've come to expect no less from the Link Social.
Could I have an invite to the Link Skype group?

I never could have imagined a day the Link board would grow past that web chat thing lol.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Could I have an invite to the Link Skype group?

I never could have imagined a day the Link board would grow past that web chat thing lol.
Sure thing, just send me contact request on Skype and I'll add ya

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
There are hunters here?!
*fondles collection of nintendo console monhun titles*

Rizen

Smash Legend

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
This post would fall under the 'no substantive content' definition of spam http://smashboards.com/help/terms.

It's not about not allowing fun, it's about maintaining a certain minimal standard (so we don't end up like other socials). 'Reactionary image'-type posts with little to no words accompanying them, which essentially equate to 'liking' the post being reacted to, would count as spam. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Consider this to be your verbal warning etc.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
This post would fall under the 'no substantive content' definition of spam http://smashboards.com/help/terms.

It's not about not allowing fun, it's about maintaining a certain minimal standard (so we don't end up like other socials). 'Reactionary image'-type posts with little to no words accompanying them, which essentially equate to 'liking' the post being reacted to, would count as spam. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Consider this to be your verbal warning etc.
I apologize, I thought I'd put text in there before the picture. I'll adjust it now.
Won't happen again.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Welp, one of my classes has been canceled. I'm not sure whether I'd call this a blessing or an annoyance. Having a 16 credit workload, on top of working 30+ hours a week might have killed me, but I REALLY wanted to get the class out of the way. Plus, I'm now only rocking 11 credits, which is pitiful.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Welp, one of my classes has been canceled. I'm not sure whether I'd call this a blessing or an annoyance. Having a 16 credit workload, on top of working 30+ hours a week might have killed me, but I REALLY wanted to get the class out of the way. Plus, I'm now only rocking 11 credits, which is pitiful.
Dear diary

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Lmao good shot dutchies gonna be all "who the hell was that american on your wall". Shins stuff confuses them the most

Good on getting third

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Sounds pretty hard, but link mains are hard workers. You'll be fine.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Lmao good shot dutchies gonna be all "who the hell was that american on your wall". Shins stuff confuses them the most

Good on getting third
Let's make it more fun. Your Facebook wall shall become my diary. EVERYTHING that sounds like a diary entry is going up there.

Rizen

Smash Legend
And Shin's Canadian.

In honor of Leslie Neilson I'm watching his comedies. I watched the Scary Movie series then looked him up and found he made other satires like 'Superhero Movie'. I'm already a big fan of his Airplane, Spy Hard, and Naked Gun (before you infract me know it's a cop themed comedy, not a dirty movie) trilogy.

RIP one of the best actors to play a strait role in an over the top goofy setting.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Let's make it more fun. Your Facebook wall shall become my diary. EVERYTHING that sounds like a diary entry is going up there.
Do this across several different facebook walls:

Diary Entry 1: "Dear Diary, You know how I trust you and only you know with my secrets. I'm so glad I can confide in you."

Journal Entry 1: "Dear Journal, Diary still doesn't know about us. Our love is true, but I can't just leave Diary. There's been too much time and too many memories."

Diary Entry 2: "Dear Diary, I know you've been concerned about where I've been lately, but you're just overreacting. We're fine."

Journal Entry 2: "Dear Journal, I think Diary's onto us. I'm very scared. I don't know what Diary might do. I've told you how Diary is when angered."

Diary Entry 3: "Dear Diary, I'm so sorry. You know you're the only one for me!"

Journal Entry 3: "Dear Journal, I lied to Diary. I'm leaving Diary soon. I can't stand it much longer. Then we can be together forever."

Blog Entry 240: "Dear Blog, They suspect nothing of us."

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I love making fruit smoothies. Word of warning to all you who like them; if you're going to add a pear to the blend, make sure you drink the entire smoothie batch within the hour. If you don't, the pear becomes rancid for some reason, killing the batch.

On to Dumbfire's Facebook wall we go!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
never would i thought this thread might actually look like a social

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Wtf man, wtf

In other news I suck, gonna bootcamp hard at weeklies on monday, soon friday too (where they want me on commentary), and small gatherings on thursday

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
In other news, holy hell, Rivals of Aether is actually fun.
Orcane is a heck of a dude.

Top Bottom