• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a Rosa guy and I'm wanting to learn Link more as a secondary. He fits my playstyle of stage control and zoning(keep opponents at space) and I think hes a fun and solid character. Hope to get to know everyone and participate in the boards some. Any direction to guides or resources to begin learning Link specific info or tech would be appreciated as well. Thanks much!
Here's most of the resources you need, and here's the place for tech.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Changed the title back.
I got some good wifi games in on Anther's ladder. Someone helped me learn the Sonic MU. Z dropped bombs and Nair are fantastic. Good connection games are fun.

I was playing as Zelda vs a Link, he Fsmashed, Zelda popped up missing the 2nd hit and I Lightning kicked for the kill. That's a middle finger from Sakurai if I ever saw one.

New Mario Maker Smash stage coming out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOdhFajSdj8
It's not like we need another Mario stage but it does look cool for casual play. This would be an interesting CP stage, not that it should be.

My dumb mouse is going out. It doesn't register every click and sometimes clicks when I don't. It's wired so not low on batteries.

I've had a fever all night :(.

/edits, stream of consciousness

Last edited:

AnTMaN_76

Smash Rookie
NNID
AnTMaN_1999
3DS FC
0275-8515-2986
What do u guys feel that link should have in the next patch to improve him in the meta?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
What do u guys feel that link should have in the next patch to improve him in the meta?
You should have told me you had a smashboards Anthony. I'm sure you remember me, that ex Fox player and the dude from Vrictors channel. looking forward to fighting you again. Welcome to the boards.

To answer your question frame 4 nair would be nice along with less start up lag on the Hero spin. I think anything else would break Link and make him not Link anymore.

:link:

FSK

Smash Ace
You should have told me you had a smashboards Anthony. I'm sure you remember me, that ex Fox player and the dude from Vrictors channel. looking forward to fighting you again. Welcome to the boards.

To answer your question frame 4 nair would be nice along with less start up lag on the Hero spin. I think anything else would break Link and make him not Link anymore.

:link:

I have no idea what you are on about when saying that anything else would not make him Link anymore. Have you ever played a zelda game? Does Link take 650 milliseconds to pull a bomb in any zelda game? Why are you talking about Link's nair?! It's a frame 7 aerial with a lasting hitbox that can gimp and a strong initial hitbox that can KO. Nair landing lag is pretty good and damage is not too bad either. There are other areas that need a lot more attention than his nair. Hero spin is a frame 8 move that can KO (FRAME 8), the thing he lacks mostly is ways to set up the hit.

I'm not even going to talk about buffs in this post. I'm going to talk about how badly Link is designed. Link's bombpull animation lasts for 39 frames and 22 of these frames are completely useless, essentially Link standing still. They could easily make the bombpull a 20 frame action even keeping some of the useless frames. The same happens with dash attack, after Link lands on the ground he essentially stays still for 15 frames. You would expect a skilled and experienced fight to be back on his feet quickly. When Link does the fsmash he essentially freezes for 3 frames seemingly charging up his fsmash, the **** is that about? Also his first hit of fsmash has 36 frames of endlag meaning that if you hit an opponent with 1st hit of fsmash and you don't tipper and follow up with the second hit they have the frame advantage, it also hits of frame 15 and does 7% damage...... Who the hell though that was a good idea? Let's not forget the second hit with it's 55 frames of end lag...55! FRAMES Link has the worst fsmash in the game, never use it, just use ftilt instead. His uncharged bow has 18 frames startup and does 4 damage and has ending lag of 29 frames, around 18 of those is just Link crouching doing nothing. Boomerang hits on frame 27 up close (more or less). Think about that for a moment, it takes Link less time to pull out a bow and an arrow, crouching down then firing it. How the hell is a boomerang throw slower than shooting an arrow?

I'm going to stop for now cause I have some things to do. I'm still waiting for them to implement Link's shield bash, it has loads of potential.

Last edited:

Sanjuro

Smash Rookie
@ FSK FSK
This isn't a Zelda game though. By those same standards Ganon wouldn't be a clone of captain falcon and Zelda would just make strange noises to open doors.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
@ FSK FSK
This isn't a Zelda game though. By those same standards Ganon wouldn't be a clone of captain falcon and Zelda would just make strange noises to open doors.
That really isnt the point. They aren't fully fleshed out characters (and I agree ganon should have been unique from the beginning).

Link's design is "projectiles are soooooo good and Link has 3! He must be made slow"

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I honestly thought making Link's rang start up slower than his previous games was the stupidest change they did for him in Smash 4.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been sick the last few days and staying in bed forced me to watch all 5 of the 'Scary Movie' comedy series. 1 & 5 were funny af, 3 was good but 2&4 were mediocre at best. Very adult humor, not for minors.

@ anyone who's seen 1: Wazzup!????

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Been really upping my Link game lately, and I've been winning as Link consistently.
While I've pulled off some recent games as Villager, even stylishly (haha you didn't think the tree'd pop up, huh?) it hasn't come close to my Link play.

Not sure how to feel about this.... not sure at all.

Also @ Rizen Rizen that's a nice painting. The brushstrokes aren't too heavy or too thin, which a lot of people do, it's great.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
How about you kids start doing some work and get good instead of dreaming about buffs all day long

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
lol why do people keep asking WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE ABOUT LINK???? it's asked before every patch too, kinda sick of hearing that ****

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
lol why do people keep asking WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE ABOUT LINK???? it's asked before every patch too, kinda sick of hearing that ****
It's the same **** every time in all reality. Better end lag/startup frames. We've got it already.

Maybe we should make it a rule?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I feel like that's every mid/low tier character forum in a nutshell, honestly. Lol

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
We don't need laws, we have always worked by vigilante justice here -- if you're being ******** we call you out

Rizen

Smash Legend
I finally got the gold crown for large Deviljho in Monster Hunter 3 U. Now my guild card has every award :awesome:

Being sick is giving me cabin fever. :nervous:

@Smashboards 2 thumbs up for the maintenance notice background. :b:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Cats going on stream again in few min ill get commentator seat

@edit: cat got first mostly link , all sets save his first streamed, me commentating all, will be on youtube in days to come

Last edited:
Top Bottom