• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about omelets, now with moar catch phrase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

the moon
Let's project message to the rest of SWF. Of course, that message being:

Pedophiles beware

Be amazing. post here.

Our boredom will abate. Questions welcome, or something.

Also, if you don't stay somewhat related to lucas, bad things *could* happen, so in the interest of keeping this thread alive, do whatever you would do in one of the many open threads.

Mods, although this may attract a bit more spam than normal, it should be a decent place to get good advice and the purpose of this thread is to increase activity in the lucas boards, so I'd appreciate it if you could overlook this thread unless it gets too out of hand.

Also, we should totally have a theme song.

it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0szP85EDoq8

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I can't understand why I can't do dittos. Mario, Ness, Lucas... any of 'em. I guess it's because I don't feel any advantage or disadvantage... Even thought that should make the fight even, I also know that I can't use any tactics that the other person doesn't know about. I try to make mindgames roughly half of my playstyle, so it doesn't work when I'm fighting the same character I'm using... Anyone else have trouble with character dittos, or any advice for me in general?

On another note, I had a spam omelette for breakfast. It was gewd.

Levitas

the moon
I like omelets because you can make use of every tactic used against you.

Also, use faulty tactics that you know the counter to. nair into jabs, so that you can shield the nair to first jab and jab to counter their jab.

Neon Ness

People should only be allowed to post here if they get
WHY we are talking about Omelets. =P
I second this. Only the true Lucas mains understand and have the privelege to sit at the breakfast table.

Ness Boards are having a Thanksgiving Go Ness Or Go Home Tournament. Maybe we should have a Lucas Wifi Tourney around Christmas? Just for the heck of it, nothing serious.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Oh lord, this is what happens when people link to a Sonic boards thread.

I should have done that a long time ago.

and I do believe we should have a Lucas tourney.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I second this. Only the true Lucas mains understand and have the privelege to sit at the breakfast table.

Ness Boards are having a Thanksgiving Go Ness Or Go Home Tournament. Maybe we should have a Lucas Wifi Tourney around Christmas? Just for the heck of it, nothing serious.
EWWW WIFI!! thats disgusting XD

lawl omelets

Levitas

the moon
I have no problem advertising the tournament on this thread, but I will not be taking part. I don't do wifi.

sage, you can only do nair and PK fire. your lucas isn't worthy of any other moves.

Neon Ness

Aww, no one here wants to do Wifi... It's not to prove the best Lucas or anything, it's just for fun. I guess I'm the odd scrub out here, though. :chuckle:

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I do Wifi.

Not lately, since Yggdra Union and Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World have consumed my soul, but you get the idea.

Neon Ness

I think Levitas just found our theme song.

Shoulda been Lucas's victory music in Brawl.

Neon Ness

I think Levitas said (s)he'd organize it. I hope it's around Christmas, so I can participate in both this one and the one for Ness. Muhaha. I really think a tournament would be good, because I don't think I've played any of the other Lucases here. With the Ness Tournament we had before, I got a chance to play the other Nesses on the boards.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have no problem advertising the tournament on this thread, but I will not be taking part. I don't do wifi.

sage, you can only do nair and PK fire. your lucas isn't worthy of any other moves.
No srsly, what else do you do with him?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
omelet du fromage :O
i placed 2nd yesterday in a really small tourney, it was supposed to be a little bigger, but it rained and some people couldn't make it :(
My friend k1000o placed first, the others guys were ok
after the tourny, i beat k1000o in a MM (MK vs Lucas), and i realised that to bed him is to stay in the ground and use a lot of mindgames
here's the link with the results and comments
http://www.gamersco.com/s8290/forum...-bros-brawl---melee---64-encuentros-y-torneos
i hate Lucas dittos, i can't spam PK Fire :(

Levitas

the moon
I think Levitas said (s)he'd organize it. I hope it's around Christmas, so I can participate in both this one and the one for Ness. Muhaha. I really think a tournament would be good, because I don't think I've played any of the other Lucases here. With the Ness Tournament we had before, I got a chance to play the other Nesses on the boards.
Advertising =/= organize. I can set up a bracket, but someone else should actually run it because I really don't want to... unless nobody's hosted anything before. I want it done right if it'll happen.

Also, me =/= chick. I'm a dude, lol.

No srsly, what else do you do with him?
Nair into shield tends to work out if you autocancel it into a jab combo. autocancelling happens when you nair soon enough during a SH (no fast fall). retreating fairs happen sometimes, but aren't something to rely on.

jabs and ftilts are somewhat reliable. dthrow to utilt works on people not named ganon at low percents.

Edgeguarding goes well with either PKT or bair/dair depending on the opponent. PKT moves slow, so instead of hitting them in the back, intercept their recovery path.

Zap jumping is important if you don't want to risk getting gimped. tether is also useful, but if they hit the snake it counts as hitting you for some reason.

When they get to about 100%, do a full hop dair to hit them and hope they don't tech. you get a free dtilt lock to fsmash (or just dtilt to fsmash if you're lazy)

If your opponent doesn't know to get off the edge immediately, dsmash next to it to hit them. Dsmash also punishes spot dodges, as does nair and the jab combo.

people are experimenting with grab release to dtilt for a trip, but as I understand it, it's a frame trap that's easily countered by people who can locate the R button.

Fire is weak pressure, but usually can force an approach, which is convenient. SH it and space it so the end of the bolt hits or you'll get punished.

Fsmash hits on frame 14 and is the best of lucas's non-gimp KO options unless you trick the opponent into a spotdodge. Usmash is really risky and should make sparing appearances at most.

Freeze is rarely a good option, if they are approaching in the air it can work. You trick them into airdodging without releasing it and get them after the dodge ends. If it hits a shield, you'll usually be safe enough. I usually do a jab combo if it taps their shield, because my opponents usually try to run up and grab. It sometimes works.

Also, ProAPC, was that a Dexter's lab reference? :O

lil cj

Smash Lord
This tourny is goin to be great
I cant wait to brawl against all the Lucas mains on Smashboards:)
Ive already played a few including Norraa, Demonic Trilogy, Toxi Crow, and Pink Fresh(who is the best Lucas player Ive ever seen)
We hav alot of talented players here:)
Omelets r good with mushrooms btw!

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'd like to take part in the tournament since Wifi is pretty much all I have

also, my best friends dad makes the best ****ing omelets in the world. i've never had better.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
I"LL GLADLY TAKE PART IN THE LUCAS WIFI TOURNAMENT. i think that'd draw some attention to the lucas boards...
( sorry for all caps, i'm wired right now!!!!!!)

Irsic

Smash Ace
Heck yeah.

I think all of the tourney goer Lucases here should choose a tournament that's going on in the coming months, and then we all just drive there on the same day and invade the place with our Lucas-mainage. And we all change our tags to OMLET, and spread the gospel of breakfast.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat for future tournaments. Suddenly Lucas is top tier.
I think a tournament in Ann Arbor would work. >____>

Chaos said he was thinking about driving up to the Michigan scene sometime!

..At least I think it was Chaos. It was someone. <_<

Levitas

the moon
Mother 3 is amazing. toxicrow, have you beaten it yet? I really like some of the later bosses.

Also, as I live in Ann Arbor, I could easily host and stuff. too bad for our resident not MW crowd.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
no not yet...i just past the sunflower fields
the love theme is so sad, but in brawl they make it sound all jolly.

how much more of the game is left?? alot??

Levitas

the moon
You've got about half the game left. Good news: it's the better half.

Also, Irsic, it could be Tyr 03 as he's an Ohioan.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
oh wow thats great. the games really long then!
i love games that take while to beat... i hate buying a new game and beating it in like 10 hours (even though i downloaded mother 3)

EDIT: i feel ur pain Blackbelt

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I think a tournament in Ann Arbor would work. >____>

Chaos said he was thinking about driving up to the Michigan scene sometime!

..At least I think it was Chaos. It was someone. <_<
driving to michigan from kansas might take a load off the empty wallet I already have XD

theres a big tourny in OK on saturday called oh snap that Im gonna be at though =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom