• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Smash 4 - Mewtwo Patch Preview By Omni

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Soooooooo am I missing something??? I thought the patch and the rest of the DLC comes out April 28th but club nintendo members just get mewtwo early on the 15th.
They wouldn't release Mewtwo without the patch. The patch comes for everyone tomorrow regardless of when they get Mewtwo.

I think.

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
.Make lucina faster overall or add range
. Give Marth more range
. Nerf luigi's down throw into EVERYTHING
. Nerf Diddy's. Up air and his range slightly
. Make Dk's everything do a little more damage
. Make Megaman be able to up b after leaf shield and make leaf shield do more damage
. Make Robin's thoron do slightly more knockback and give the levin sword 1 more use.
. Nerf Greninja(obviously lol) by giving him a little less range in a few attacks like down air and forward tilt.
. Nerf Shulk's arts slightly but buff the character overall and make the counter do less damage.

What do you guys think are you feelin' it :4shulk:? If I get these right I'm going to be so happy! For the characters I don't know what to do with I left them out of the list

Last edited:

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
. Give Marth more range
. Make Megaman be able to up b after leaf shield and make leaf shield do more damage
. Make Robin's thoron do slightly more knockback and give the levin sword 1 more use.
. Nerf Greninja(obviously lol) by giving him a little less range in a few attacks like down air and forward tilt.
. Nerf Shulk's arts slightly but buff the character overall and make the counter do less damage.

What do you guys think are you feelin' it :4shulk:? If I get these right I'm going to be so happy! For the characters I don't know what to do with I left them out of the list
I think Lucina is always gonna have less range than Marth and she's already fast to begin with. If they increase Marth's range, though, they'll have to increase her range in a proportional manner as well.

Only thing missing is making Ike S tier :ike:

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
I'll just say that there are two people named Omni. The artist and the gamer. The latter has been around for a very long time so he deserves some recognition despite causing a bit of a stir lately.

Hmmmm... nope. It's because Omni is Jesus and Sakurai is the holy ghost.

All hail Lord Omni.

D

Deleted member

The only nerf I'd like to see is less KO power on Diddy's Up Air. There are plenty of characters that could use a few buffs.

If all they do to improve Zelda this time around is make her Up Tilt deal 0.5% more damage, I'm going to scream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
"There won't be any more balance updates for Super Smash Bros. on 3DS/Wii U"

Isn't that what Sakurai said a little while back? I didn't really buy that for even a moment.
Not really, he simply said that he didn't had plans at the time (key words: at the time). He also added "if there are any glaring issues, we may address them".
That interview was back in december, what he said "now" has become past. Things changes over the course of time and through observing the game and seeing stuff like Diddy happening, the devs gather information to decide whether to balance the game or not.

[;)]

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keysus
There's probably higher ups that make it so his decisions aren't final.
Or since the announcement was made on also fools day he just went against everything he said as an April fools joke

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
oh my god guys they buffed up pikachu and now he's considered dd tier and probably should be banned or patched out i know this because my uncle grandpa works at ningrundo.

But in all seriousness here's hoping the patch will balance a little more so people will be a bit less aggravated with the top characters.

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
I don't agree with balance patches at all, obviously unless they correct game breaking glitches. As for tweaking characters, I believe for the most part that people need to adapt and learn to properly DI Diddy's down-throw and whatnot. If balance patches become too prominent, the mindset of players, when presented with a "overpowered" strategy, will no longer be "how can I adapt and find a way to counter this" and will become "hmm, I wonder when Nintendo will take this strategy out".
I've been saying this since balance patches became commonplace. It's so nice to hear (or read) it coming from another person. The game was arguably more balanced before the first patch, and it's really hard for Smash U to develop a meta if Nintendo changes everything around every 6 months because of scrubs and johners complaining they can't beat good players using good characters.

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
You say that like casual players know what DI is

And to the people saying we don't need a balance patch, just stop, we clearly do. DK? Mii Swordfighter? Zelda? Wii fit trainer? Marth? Lucina? falco? Any of these names come to mind?
You are wrong. Firstly if casuals do not know whay DI is, there is this thing called the internet that can tell them what it is if they decide they want to know. To address what casuals want, who cares? Most casuals play Smash because it is fan service and fun, not because they are actively trying to get better at it. The developers should pay more attention to the competitve scene when considering a balance patch, not what the casuals want, because all the casuals really want is Shovel Knight and Shantae a.k.a. more fan service, and the casuals aren't the ones who stick around after 2 years, but the competitive scene does. When it comes to patches, nerfing good characters which is what alot of people want, is very common. But they should simply buff less viable ones like those you mentioned. Yet they never do it that way because it is easier to just nerf good characters which is why balance patches are generally bad for the competitive scene and indifferent to casuals; because it hurts many competitive players short term and long term while casuals generally do not care at all in the long run or even ever. If you want to satisfy a casual, just make lots of DLC. Changing the game design only pisses off vets.

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
I was laughing. If that happens, well, oh boy. Cut Sonic! Nerf Greninja to balance Sheik! Make the hoo-hah juggle on uair... and OHKO on dthrow. And the 'nado OHKOs as well. Note to self: Don't hire that "phreak" guy. He's bananas.
Nah I talked to a guy who knows Sakurai and he gave me a list:
-Hoo Hah kills at 10%
-Nado is unblockable and has no endlag
-Greninja devolves and becomes a Frokie
-More pointless Shulk buffs
-Smashville becomes Brinstar Depths
-Luigi's dair always spikes
-Diddy has infinite bananas
-Sonic regains double jump after each spin dash
-Marth dies of nerf cancer and is removed from the game
-Pikachu has infinite quick attacks
-DDD Gordo cannot be sent back at him
-Bowser doesn't die until 999%
-Falcon becomes a Super Sayain and can fly.
-Lucario Aura is always max and he is always in his Mega form
-Dr. Mario becomes as fast as Mario and his cape has lift and his fsmash has more range.
-Mario Siesmic toss auto kills Bowser because Super Mario 64 was awesome.
-Wii Fit became more pale and has hitboxes now
-Gannon can't die, you have to seal him by gathering all 8 pieces of the triforce first. Then you can take a stock
-Zelda transforms into Shiek when you taunt and vice versa
-Bfish kills at 50%
-Link and Toon Link have rapid fire arrows, bombs float in mid air.
-Yoshi egg roll is a recovery and has super armor
-All of DK moves have super armor and cannot be blocks
-Little Mac can fly
-ROB evolves into WALL-E
-Mr. Game and Watch will always 9 you.
-Wario fart auto charged to max and cannot be kncoked off bike.
-Ike and Robin switch swords. Ike always has Levin Sword.
-Lucina reveals herself as the true Marth! THE PLOT TWISTS!
-Mewtwo is like yo wassup guys? I'm back in dis ***** and ma roll is only 33 frames now!
-Pac-Man is always in is Final Smash firm
-Ness can auto recover. By pressing b after PK Thunder, he launches.
-Pit and Dark Pit fight to the death and Dark Pit wins because Pit sucks at life so he isn't in the game anymore
-Palutena Celestial Flare, Jump Glide, and Super Speed are her defaults. Fair kills at 100%
-Samus can rapid fire like in Metroid Prime and has Plasma Beam, Spazer, Ice Beam, and all her hax upgrades. Also infinite screw attack.
-Zero Suit takes off all her clothes.
-Peach gets kidnapped
-Charizard us replaced by PT
-Mega Man has infinite Mega Buster shots and Rush tackles you if you get to close. Also Leaf Shield does something.
-Goku confirmed

Best patch ever!

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
oh my god guys they buffed up pikachu and now he's considered dd tier and probably should be banned or patched out i know this because my uncle grandpa works at ningrundo.

But in all seriousness here's hoping the patch will balance a little more so people will be a bit less aggravated with the top characters.
You serious? Buffed Pika? He was already like top 5? da faq?

Lemonjel0

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lemonjel0
I've been saying this since balance patches became commonplace. It's so nice to hear (or read) it coming from another person. The game was arguably more balanced before the first patch, and it's really hard for Smash U to develop a meta if Nintendo changes everything around every 6 months because of scrubs and johners complaining they can't beat good players using good characters.
Yes, thank you! I think that people need to understand that there will always be characters who are better than others, and if balance patches become too prominent, people are always going to look to these characters and whine about them needing nerfs.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You are wrong. Firstly if casuals do not know whay DI is, there is this thing called the internet that can tell them what it is if they decide they want to know. To address what casuals want, who cares? Most casuals play Smash because it is fan service and fun, not because they are actively trying to get better at it. The developers should pay more attention to the competitve scene when considering a balance patch, not what the casuals want, because all the casuals really want is Shovel Knight and Shantae a.k.a. more fan service, and the casuals aren't the ones who stick around after 2 years, but the competitive scene does. When it comes to patches, nerfing good characters which is what alot of people want, is very common. But they should simply buff less viable ones like those you mentioned. Yet they never do it that way because it is easier to just nerf good characters which is why balance patches are generally bad for the competitive scene and indifferent to casuals; because it hurts many competitive players short term and long term while casuals generally do not care at all in the long run or even ever. If you want to satisfy a casual, just make lots of DLC. Changing the game design only pisses off vets.
This game is designed for casuals though, those same casuals are also complaining about Diddy

Last edited:

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
Who cares? It's not like casuals even care. Look at Brawl. MK was insane but it didn't make casuals stop playing.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I hope Sakurai buffs Marth to at least have a short sword as opposed to the dagger he has in SM4SH

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
I wonder which character(s) will be butchered or neglected since this game has proven that they don't know how to balance their own cast.

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
. Give Marth more range

Make diddy's IASA frames for d-throw match d-throw animation.
as of now you can jump while diddy is in the air during the d-throw animation.

or even better, it should at least count diddy as "airborne"(to match the animation) if you use the IASA frames of d-throw that way it expends his double jump. this will hit his insane low percent D-throw combos, and keep his D-throw kill set up although slightly nerfing it. diddy will stay strong. although this feels like just apeasing the masses

I don't like the idea of nerfing characters because of "simplistic gameplay" or "no skill required." so yeah

Last edited:

Pretzl

Smash Rookie
What if Sakurai tries to Riot this game w/ constant patches and whatnot?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
And on that day, Gamestop recieved many visits from people who wanted to return their copies of Smash 4, the tournament at EVO was cancelled and the DLC was discontinued.

Top Bottom