• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Smash 4 - Mewtwo Patch Preview By Omni

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't agree with balance patches at all, obviously unless they correct game breaking glitches. As for tweaking characters, I believe for the most part that people need to adapt and learn to properly DI Diddy's down-throw and whatnot. If balance patches become too prominent, the mindset of players, when presented with a "overpowered" strategy, will no longer be "how can I adapt and find a way to counter this" and will become "hmm, I wonder when Nintendo will take this strategy out".
You say that like casual players know what DI is

And to the people saying we don't need a balance patch, just stop, we clearly do. DK? Mii Swordfighter? Zelda? Wii fit trainer? Marth? Lucina? falco? Any of these names come to mind?

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I'm gonna be awake at 1 am trying to hoohah

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't know what's worse, how un-funny this video is, the dank memes referenced in said video, or the BLATANT clickbait nature of the title and how it's on the front page of smashboards.

You don't need to keep shoving this garbage down our throats, if I wanted to watch Omni's videos, I'd subscribe to his ****ing youtube channel

/rant

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I don't know what's worse, how un-funny this video is, the dank memes referenced in said video, or the BLATANT clickbait nature of the title and how it's on the front page of smashboards.

You don't need to keep shoving this garbage down our throats, if I wanted to watch Omni's videos, I'd subscribe to his ****ing youtube channel

/rant
(Indirect) Advertisment, yo

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
So, do y'all believe that the DLC and patch will release tonight at midnight or am I gonna need to wait until later tomorrow?

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings

/rant
I have an easy fix for you. If you don't like Omni, do not click what has his name on it. It's not affecting you, so why complain? It's not like this replaced anything else.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I agree with everything stated in Omni's video. This is why I switched my main to :4charizard: as I prepare for the patch. I know he'll be great!

:018:

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

/rant
I have an easy fix for you. If you don't like Omni, do not click what has his name on it. It's not affecting you, so why complain? It's not like this replaced anything else.
She basically nailed it. Yeah I know not everyone like's Omni's stuff, and that's totally okay no big deal but some people DO like it, so for those folks I put it up here and specifically tend to put his name in the title in case it's not your thing. I promise there's no secret conspiracy where I'm trying to push something down anyones throats, I just figured some folks would get a laugh out of it, some did, and it'd be fine for folks who didn't since there's not a lot of news or other videos we can cover in case they get killed off by the patch today.

Last edited:

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
I was laughing. If that happens, well, oh boy. Cut Sonic! Nerf Greninja to balance Sheik! Make the hoo-hah juggle on uair... and OHKO on dthrow. And the 'nado OHKOs as well. Note to self: Don't hire that "phreak" guy. He's bananas.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
To make this funnier:
Shouldn't be Phreak but Samurai instead.
Should be less LoL like and more Smash like.
Should reference Zelda with a very, very tiny buff.
He should've said remove Sonic to put Sanic in there.

Aside from that, my prediction is Mewtwo might be like Doc when he pop up in this game. Iffy and worse than Melee.

Last edited:

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
No matter what the patch brings, hopefully players will stay civil, explore the changes, and just keep playing the game they love.​

LOL you wish. I can already see the flame wars coming.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Is there an exact time the patch will be out?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I hope Palutena's side taunt has a hit box. At the tip of her feet, she inflicts 20% :)

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
"There won't be any more balance updates for Super Smash Bros. on 3DS/Wii U"

Isn't that what Sakurai said a little while back? I didn't really buy that for even a moment.
Nope. That was the pessimistic (mis)interpretation of Sakurai's statement. He basically said there were currently no plans for another balance update. Never said there would never be another one.

KingsHaki

Smash Cadet
NNID
OPKingshaki
3DS FC
3411-1957-0386
Soooooooo am I missing something??? I thought the patch and the rest of the DLC comes out April 28th but club nintendo members just get mewtwo early on the 15th.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I might have to switch to doc for this game if my doc ends up better than my luigi after this patch

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes, Sakurai gave a random YouTuber the chance to show the world what this new patch brings.
Thing is, that's entirely believable. Nintendo let a bunch of random YouTubers get exclusive interviews with Miyamoto not too long ago.

Your sarcasm failed, try again.

Top Bottom