• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAN Odyssey Tourney (RESULTS POSTED)- Venice, FL - June 14 - Brawl

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
This tourney was well run and the venue was fantastic.

It could have confortably fit 70 people!!

More people need to show up next time!

Afro where you at??

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Rich - The owner of the venue. He probably will never see this, but without his consent and help in setting up and organizing, this never would have happened. I was extremely impressed by his general willingness to do anything and everything we asked while we were setting up and preparing, from using his computer repair back room for our signin window, to his teleconferencing room for the projector so we could show brackets in style, to offering to go get TVs from his house if we needed them (speaking of TVs, I believe the solution to the lag issue on the few problem TVs is to get composite-> component cable converters, which if I'm not mistaken are very cheap and will be available next time). His flexibility and willingness to trust us with pretty much everything in his store was a big risk for him, but he seemed pleased overall with how everything turned out.

Dect - Being my fail doubles partner again (but I have a new character to try in doubles next time, one that doesn't die to god**** easily!), tying with me in singles, and being a robot. Also for contacting and talking to Rich and discussing fees (and talking him out of taking a % cut of the pot and leaving his share at just the door fees and food profits) and times, etc. Also stop with that ****ing dsmash or I'll start using my Dedede in the meanest ways I can.

Abe - Housing for the faraway people, helping hype this up, bringing a TV and Wii, and 3-stocking me in our match. Maan your wario is nasty.

GDX - Learn to play 9-ball and you got yourself a money match. Plus great friendlies since we didn't get around to it at Manko's, and I hope you still had fun even with the tire problems on the way down. :D

xYz - You're too good. Stop taking all the money, including $20 from my wallet! XD Grats man, you deserve it.

Rx - See: xYz. +1 for winning teams, again.

Foda - Good ****. Those games were all awesome. Thanks for also bringing in the extra wii when we needed it, that helped a lot. And for reppin the (very very few) ZSS players out there.

HRNUT - For kicking my *** first round. Your Marth made me cry a bit. Grats on 3rd too. :D

Everyone else - For showing up, and participating even with the low turnout. I apologize for the lack of organization in some places. We'll definitely be able to work out the matches faster next time, have more/better TVs and setups (except that one in the back corner, you all know that TV is godly), and have a HIGHER ATTENDANCE, all in the same awesome venue.

Those who didn't show; specifically Raef, Pink, Abscent, Polmex, Tandy - Why not? If nothing else I was really disappointed to not see the rest of the Sarasota group. We even called you like 5 times Raef, and you never answered, and apparently have no voicemail.

If you liked the venue, speak up, I want Rich to know how nice his place really is compared to the competition. If you have any specific suggestions for things to improve for next time that I ddin't already mention in the above shoutouts, lemme know, this was obviously my first time running something like this, so making it go better next time is my main goal.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Raef's car would have made a welcome boost in attendance!!

I'm sure he had a legit reason not to go though.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Equi didnt answer his phone RIGHT after i found a ride, and i wasnt driving that far alone. So i cancelled. Forgive me sir Ar Ex

Foda

Smash Apprentice
That was a blast, even my friends from Miami said they'd be taking rides up to sarasota to go to next month's tourney. Such a kick *** venue!

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
all i have to say is that gdx needs to drop his g&w and main diddy all the way..

the fvcker took two sets off me =( very proud

sucks i had to leave cause of work but w/e

this venue is nicer than any in florida, and major tournaments should be held here.....its like three times what gigs is, and its like a center meeting point for south and central florida....i wish this would have been more hyped i feel bad for ppl who came from far cause it was fairly small..

anyways me nero xyz and rx must have thrown like at least 100 dubz on it, there ya go tnt/gsm.

peace

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i want to help host a tournament there in lan odyssey... possibly after fast... we need hype!!

its great for CFL and SFL because its smack right in the middle.

next time...

note: apprently I talk in my sleep... i wansn't aware of this.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
ha xyz you learned something about yourself this weekend...

also did u put some kind of at&t bug in my room or something? my phone had no service the day after u left, and i had just been talking about how i never have 0 bars with my verizon...

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I'm pondering whether or not I should try to host one next month and if so, when, since FAST is obviously a big deal.

Looks like options are
-Host it the weekend before FAST, which is technically like 5 days beforehand
-Skip it next month
-Host it after FAST

I'm leaning toward trying to do this the weekend before, but some input would be great either way.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Those who didn't show; specifically Raef, Pink, Abscent, Polmex, Tandy - Why not? If nothing else I was really disappointed to not see the rest of the Sarasota group. We even called you like 5 times Raef, and you never answered, and apparently have no voicemail.
Well, Pink and I changed our minds about going.

Abscent already said he'd be out of town.
As for Polmex, he just NEVER shows up to tournys.
And I don't know what happened to Tandy.

When you guys called me I was asleep, I texted Abe when I woke up
around 2:30pm and told him I decided not to go. So...yea.

We're not the only people that didn't come either. I believe there were over 260 posts and over 3,500 views for this thread before the tourny. Yet there were less than 20 people at the actual tourny. I guess it just goes to show that the only major tournys can be held in CFL and SFL. So yea, sorry about not coming but two extra people wouldn't have changed anything major.

I still have your controller so we should play sometime so you can get it back.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
tourney was fun. attendance was a downer, but the convos in the car on the way there and back made the entire weekend worth it

big props to everyone who rode with me in my car(xYz, Rx-, Garbanzo, HRNut), especially everyone that was in the backseat at any given time. Even though the new tire cost 140, im not down or anything.

Rx....**** your meta knight! its so good. maybe one day i can dream of beating it with my monkey. first step is no 30% deaths...

Im gonna ban all tourney holders from putting me against hrnut . Its like im guaranteed to play him at least once a tourney

Rafe & pink & co, that made me quite sad you guys didn't come. Abe was the only one to rep GSM. Why didnt you guys come?

somebody has fcked up now, cause me and hrnut are prepared to show the world the power of some asian and some monkey at gigs doubles.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nah nero is gsm too son...

imo hes one of the best up and coming players in FL
oh ok then

...i just realized you still have my copy of brawl cause i left it in your wii

please go to gigs so i can get it back >.>

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
Nero uses a Wavebird (right?). He shrugs off lag by the milliseconds. II gud
yea i do but its only because i don't own a wired controller lol. i've always used my wave bird and everytime i try to use a wired controller it feels a little off.

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
yea i do but its only because i don't own a wired controller lol. i've always used my wave bird and everytime i try to use a wired controller it feels a little off.
I have three wavebirds for my wii at home. And I have two wired controllers for tournys.
I don't really have any trouble, I can play with either controller. Guess the SLIGHT lag
doesn't bother me. I was SURPRISED when I saw the results/bracket.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
HRNUT broke my shield like it was nothing.
you just made it too predictable you just kept holding your shield when i jump towards you for no reason so i kept jumping until you shield was low enough and then crack...it broke...look at it like this...you weren't the first and you definitely won't be the last you know what i'll make a list of all the shields i've broken...
xYz-lol 2x in one match
GDX-Greatest shield break ever you all will see it at gigabits...lol
Rx-lan odyssey, just too funny...lol
Equi-broke your shield in friendlies the day before will's tourney
Garbanzo (aka barbanzo...lol)-at Dops tourney
Otru-in a team match but i taunted so i didn't get a chance to land the hit...:laugh:
Hbox-at will's smashfest
Skratch8-at will's smashfest
Crew members-walnut, pecan, peanut, almond, pecan, chestnut & acorn(new member)

Soon to come

Afro thundah
Icekid
Hiro?
Abe
Nero (my rival as of now)

so there's no need to be ashamed its happened to the best of us lol...and it will happen to the rest of us:chuckle:

And if it makes anyone feel better, i've gotten my shield broken by my crew member peanut he played marth and i played D3 & he did my finisher lol good ****:laugh:

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
lol it'll be hard to break mine since i mostly spot dodge instead of blocking. (though i SD a lot when i should be sheilding and it gets me hit.)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
lol it'll be hard to break mine since i mostly spot dodge instead of blocking. (though i SD a lot when i should be sheilding and it gets me hit.)
I actually expect to break your shield last if i ever even get a chance to:chuckle:...cuz you do dodge alot instead of shielding...but one day you will hold your shield and it will get cracked...i expect it to be in our most epic fight yet whenever that may occur...GGs at LAN...nero = 3 good:laugh:

Nero Hrnut
MK =/< Snake
MK > Marth
Pika < Marth
Pika >/= Snake

:):laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Truu Truu...lol, good **** when you spike me from underneat me though...that overpowered monkey...and yeah i'll taunt in your face:laugh: GG GDX...we will **** age gigs:chuckle:
i left my copy of brawl in abes wii, so i cant even play at my house

so i def. am coming over tuesday and of course friday for some practice

theres one thing i wanna test against a MK with diddy. if it works, all our problems might be solved for doubles :chuckle:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
No MK's SHOW HIM ANYTHING!!!!

GDX ALREADY ***** MK!!!!!
nah. MK is already a deep concern for doubles. singles is alittle easier cause i got space to work, but by no means do i **** MK. i didnt even beat you in the set :laugh:

Top Bottom