• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAN Odyssey Tourney (RESULTS POSTED)- Venice, FL - June 14 - Brawl

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Dragon of Games, X, I'll help you test whatever it is on Friday (if me and everyone can chill at HRNUT's place). If you beat Rx- at Gigs, I'll laugh for eternity. No johns, John.
it wasnt like it was a blowout. he won the set 2-1 after taking a game off me at rainbow cruise, and then somehow 2-stocking me on FD for the 3rd. I dunno how that happened..i think i died at 20% or something, dont remember

and he's already said you and alvin can stay there friday night, unless something has drastically changed and i dunno about it. If nothing else you 110% guaranteed can go by there Friday night

lanodyssey

Smash Rookie
lanodyssey

Hey Everyone, Travis and Andy

First of all, Thanks for all that showed up to the tournament!

Travis, I do visit gaming sites from time to time and I want to tell you that I appreciate all the work you and Andy put in to get the event going.

I just want to let you know that even as you say, it was a low turn out. I expected that.
I'm sure that the next planned tournaments will get larger. So consider this a warmup for the next Smash Bros.

Thanks again, for all that showed and I know it CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!

Rich

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
wooooooooooooooooo

Rich is awesome... see ya at the next lan odyssey!!

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
i left my copy of brawl in abes wii, so i cant even play at my house

so i def. am coming over tuesday and of course friday for some practice

theres one thing i wanna test against a MK with diddy. if it works, all our problems might be solved for doubles :chuckle:
gdx come over today i should be there at 5 or 6...see you then

Foda

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone, Travis and Andy

First of all, Thanks for all that showed up to the tournament!

Travis, I do visit gaming sites from time to time and I want to tell you that I appreciate all the work you and Andy put in to get the event going.

I just want to let you know that even as you say, it was a low turn out. I expected that.
I'm sure that the next planned tournaments will get larger. So consider this a warmup for the next Smash Bros.

Thanks again, for all that showed and I know it CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!

Rich
Rich rocks

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
actually kamano, you might want to host it the week after fast. I say that cause there are tourneys in july on these dates:

7/5 - SFL-area brawl by the will
7-12 - Play n Trade SFL-area brawl
7/17-7/20 FAST
7/26 - Gigabits Melee

If you were to host a tourney in july, you'd probably get the most attendance if you held it the same day as the gigabits melee tourney. I dont think enough of FL would travel to the gigs melee tourney that it would mess with your brawl attendance too badly, if you held it on the same day. Cause all of SFL would pick the play n trade over yours on 7/12, most people would pick the willvo. tourney on 7/5, and the entire nation is gonna pick FAST over it (lol).

either that or hold it 2 weeks after FAST, which is aug. 2nd. I dont think anyone has staked that date out yet

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Ah, good point. I probably should have looked closer at the other tourney dates. I'm thinking Aug 2nd is the best spot at this point, so it'll be slightly offset from FAST.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
man, i wanna host a tourney. just the thought of seeing a thread "GDX Presents: iBrawl" or something like that makes me giddy :chuckle:

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Good news everyone! </professor farnsworth>

After some research it seems getting component cables to use on the LCD TVs does in fact eliminate the lag, as long as the wii options get set to 720i as well. Dect and I tested it last night and with both of those in place (cables and wii option change) the lag was gone, and it was perfect to play on. So for next time we'll have enough of those cables to cover those extra TVs. That'll put 2-4 more TVs in the pool for availability to help things move along faster/smoother, and have more room for friendlies as well.

Also, Rich actually looked up the exact number of people LAN Odyssey is able to hold, and it turns out by the books, there's room for roughly 140. Of course that's without furniture and other things taken into consideration, but I'm thinking about 100 could fit before it gets noticeably crowded.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Good news everyone! </professor farnsworth>

After some research it seems getting component cables to use on the LCD TVs does in fact eliminate the lag, as long as the wii options get set to 720i as well. Dect and I tested it last night and with both of those in place (cables and wii option change) the lag was gone, and it was perfect to play on. So for next time we'll have enough of those cables to cover those extra TVs. That'll put 2-4 more TVs in the pool for availability to help things move along faster/smoother, and have more room for friendlies as well.

Also, Rich actually looked up the exact number of people LAN Odyssey is able to hold, and it turns out by the books, there's room for roughly 140. Of course that's without furniture and other things taken into consideration, but I'm thinking about 100 could fit before it gets noticeably crowded.
next one should be big.. make sure its atleast a month in advance or longer... and hype it up!! HYPE HYPE HYPE!!

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
im down for another as well but the next one needs way more hype from cfl and sfl....like way more hype...if i didnt come with the people i housed there prob wouldn't have even been a tournament..its suuuch a good venue and meeting point for florida...

Foda

Smash Apprentice
im down for another as well but the next one needs way more hype from cfl and sfl....like way more hype...if i didnt come with the people i housed there prob wouldn't have even been a tournament..its suuuch a good venue and meeting point for florida...
I agree, this could be huge

Top Bottom