• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

so mind If I joined your Krystal brigade, been a long time fan of the Star fox series but I've always been disappointed with the lake of creativity used with the characters in smash. If any thing else I want Krystal in for the fact that making her a clone would be kinda hard to justify.

( also I tried getting a ride on the Ridley train but then I soon realized that it was way to intense for me ;_;)
Go ahead! I don't mind!

Welcome to the Cerinians!! (We agreed on this right?)
Yes we have, we're rolling with it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Can someone explain to me how Krystal's chances seem to have improved?
We were shown a Starfox stage; albeit with a big 'finally,' it was bound to happen sooner or later, and shows no clear indication of being anything special in anyway whatsoevever, or relevant to Krystal.

I'm all in support of her, but, how does this boast well for her? The nearness of SDCC makes me think it boasts well for anyone NOT in starfox, given Sakurai's MO
IS there even a sureness to her after today which there was not before? It seems to read so elsewhere.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
The new pic of the day is up and it has nothing to do with Starfox. I suppose Sakurai just wanted to give us a brief view of the Starfox stage before Krystal's big reveal! :)

D

Deleted member

IS there even a sureness to her after today which there was not before? It seems to read so elsewhere.
Its still "Anything goes" right now.

Sakurai could drag in the Cornerian soldier from page whatever in the Star Fox comic as a playable fighter for all I know.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It always annoys me when people put female and villain representation together. Sexism in gaming is a very real thing and needs to be addressed before something superficial as playing as the bad guys (which is why I'm hyped for Hyrule Warriors, seriously they have 8 girls and only 2 guys so far and it's such a breath of fresh air). Sakurai needs to give us more women in Smash and with characters like Krystal, Lip and Dixie you can't go wrong.
Conversely, it kinda always annoys me when people try to downplay what having more certain bad guys would bring to the table or attempt to invalidate other people's want in having them. Not that I'm against the three characters you mentioned but even without them Smash is still far from having a shortage of females this time around... They've been one of the top priorities for this game's newcomer pool if anything. Apologize in advance if I'm taking it the wrong way, but it kinda sounds like you're saying such-and-such should get added to Smash simply on the verdict that they're female, which is stupid (would say the same about adding someone just because they're a villain). Not like females outnumbering males in Smash like in Hyrule Warriors or if Smash became mostly a tacofest would somehow suddenly put a stop to sexism in gaming anyway; the game would just get some extra cookie points from feminists at most.

Smash has plenty females currently, with or without the likes of Krystal. The want for more villains is no less valid than your want for more females with that said, and the reasoning from the biggest (heh) fans of like K. Rool and Ridley in wanting to play as them is anything but superficial.. And to be fair, there's not really other plausible series to even be able to play as a decent number of characters from Nintendo's rogue gallery, whereas most of the Nintendo females are usually playable in a good number of their own series' games by default.

Nonetheless, I still wish Krystal fans good luck and all that on this. With what more we know now, she definitely seems to have a good shot compared to what most of us thought before. Though I've never been that much a Krystal fan, I'm sure her addition would make me like her more with her kind of playstyle, especially if she has a unique moveset (even with how much "muh staff" has been discredited nowadays in that it'd make her unique).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, people are freaking out over nothing. We got the Star Fox stage after a long time of waiting. People thought the next reveals would contain FE characters once we got both Ike and Colosseum back to back. Didn't happen, instead we got a follow up with Miis, Palutena, and Pac-Man. The next reveal after that meant nothing; people jumped on the bandwagon thinking FE reps would be announced at E3, and people are doing the same with Star Fox.

The other fact that people need to consider is... we've never had newcomers and veterans from the same franchise announced at the same time for this entire game. We're still missing TWO Star Fox characters. If we already had at least Wolf or Falco, I could see Krystal getting in, but I just don't see it happening at this point.

But yeah, I could be wrong. I just thinking people are blowing this way out of proportion. We just got a Star Fox stage after waiting forever for it. That's all.

The new pic of the day is up and it has nothing to do with Starfox. I suppose Sakurai just wanted to give us a brief view of the Starfox stage before Krystal's big reveal! :)
Yeah, right.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
No, people are freaking out over nothing. We got the Star Fox stage after a long time of waiting. People thought the next reveals would contain FE characters once we got both Ike and Colosseum back to back. Didn't happen, instead we got a follow up with Miis, Palutena, and Pac-Man. The next reveal after that meant nothing; people jumped on the bandwagon thinking FE reps would be announced at E3, and people are doing the same with Star Fox.

The other fact that people need to consider is... we've never had newcomers and veterans from the same franchise announced at the same time for this entire game. We're still missing TWO Star Fox characters. If we already had at least Wolf or Falco, I could see Krystal getting in, but I just don't see it happening at this point.

But yeah, I could be wrong. I just thinking people are blowing this way out of proportion. We just got a Star Fox stage after waiting forever for it. That's all.

Yeah, right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R6_Chr2vro

Weavel

Smash Ace
We can't really treat it as a hint though unfortunately as Slippy & Peppy also said they wanted to join in before Krystal spoke
But krystal was the last one to speak on the matter and we both know realictically she is correct on her argument that she would be the only one capable of going down there and fighting a bunch of others in close quarters combat. And dude cmon, there has been only 1 other character to insinuate he could be in a future title and it was pit, and now we had krystal talking the good **** in brawl which does bring a level of strength to her argument. And we know know they had decided on the roaster when beginning development and a character with martial artist staff wielding prowess would be just perfect for a game like this. Also I'm typing this on my phone and that is why some things aren't spaced out.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I wouldn't put too much stock into the codecs, guys. It was probably just one of those moments where Sakurai thought it would be funny to have non-playable Star Fox members squabbling over who's best suited for Smash.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wouldn't put too much stock into the codecs, guys. It was probably just one of those moments where Sakurai thought it would be funny to have non-playable Star Fox members squabbling over who's best suited for Smash.
"Will Pit ever fight again?" :troll:
This is in jest, just to make that clear for anyone who tries to take this post seriously and start an argument over it.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Conversely, it kinda always annoys me when people try to downplay what having more certain bad guys would bring to the table or attempt to invalidate other people's want in having them. Not that I'm against the three characters you mentioned but even without them Smash is still far from having a shortage of females this time around... They've been one of the top priorities for this game's newcomer pool if anything. Apologize in advance if I'm taking it the wrong way, but it kinda sounds like you're saying such-and-such should get added to Smash simply on the verdict that they're female, which is stupid (would say the same about adding someone just because they're a villain). Not like females outnumbering males in Smash like in Hyrule Warriors or if Smash became mostly a tacofest would somehow suddenly put a stop to sexism in gaming anyway; the game would just get some extra cookie points from feminists at most.

Smash has plenty females currently, with or without the likes of Krystal. The want for more villains is no less valid than your want for more females with that said, and the reasoning from the biggest (heh) fans of like K. Rool and Ridley in wanting to play as them is anything but superficial.. And to be fair, there's not really other plausible series to even be able to play as a decent number of characters from Nintendo's rogue gallery, whereas most of the Nintendo females are usually playable in a good number of their own series' games by default.

Nonetheless, I still wish Krystal fans good luck and all that on this. With what more we know now, she definitely seems to have a good shot compared to what most of us thought before. Though I've never been that much a Krystal fan, I'm sure her addition would make me like her more with her kind of playstyle, especially if she has a unique moveset (even with how much "muh staff" has been discredited nowadays in that it'd make her unique).
Oh I'm not saying that they should get in simply because they're female (though re-reading my post I can see why it looks that way) but representation is an important thing. When I play as a feminine character I immediately feel a stronger connection that helps me enjoy the game more. I talk about villains being superficial because there are no literal villains in the world wanting representation in games but there are a lot of women wanting female representation and that is much more valid than playing as your favourite baddies. Also there still aren't many women in smash bros as Fatmanonice pointed out a couple of pages back (if expected Brawl veterans are returning then less than a fourth of the current roster is female).

Characters shouldn't simply get in because they're women because that would be stupid and I suppose to rectify this issue more games would need to be made with more female characters but when people equate sexism in gaming with villain representation and when people say there are enough women in Smash when there clearly aren't and talking about women as they're some sort of niche or an extra feature it kinda annoys me. (Though to be fair it could end up that we get villains and more women so everyone's happy)

and good luck with K.Rool and Ridley even though Ridley's too big for Smash:troll:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Just as another said about pit ever fighting again, you can't simply dismiss it so easily like this. Only 1 other character insinuated a possible inclusion and know we have another. That does add weight and her possible ability for a unique fighting style is undeniable.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If we already had at least Wolf or Falco, I could see Krystal getting in, but I just don't see it happening at this point.
How would Wolf or Falco's confirmation bode well for Krystal? All it would do is hint at more of the same given the fact that people aren't expecting Star Fox to get 4 reps for arbitrary reasons related to sales volume or lack of villains. Sorry if this came off as aggressive, but I would really like to get some insight on your perspective over this.

Just as another said about pit ever fighting again, you can't simply dismiss it so easily like this. Only 1 other character insinuated a possible inclusion and know we have another. That does add weight and her possible ability for a unique fighting style is undeniable.
Of course it's something, I just don't think it's a whole lot.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How would Wolf or Falco's confirmation bode well for Krystal? All it would do is hint at more of the same given the fact that people aren't expecting Star Fox to get 4 reps for arbitrary reasons related to sales volume or lack of villains. Sorry if this came off as aggressive, but I would really like to get some insight on your perspective over this.
Because the likelihood is, character reveals would be spaced out more for one franchise. Kirby had three playable reps in Brawl, two right from the start of development and Dedede was either the second or third new newcomer announced. Falco was one of the first known secret characters in Brawl and played a major role in the SSE, Wolf was one of the last characters added to the game (if not THE last) barring Sonic, and he was also one of the last characters unlocked, too.

A DK newcomer seems extremely likely at this point in time, and Diddy Kong was revealed very early on, way back in August. In Brawl, Diddy was one of the last starting newcomers announced and there was no other DK characters in the game.

Pit was one of the first confirmed characters for this game, and Palutena was announced this past E3, a year later. Lucario and Luigi were both announced very early on, despite both being secret characters in past games. Lucario is especially notable, as he was the second confirmed Pokemon character. We later got a dual reveal of Charizard and Greninja.

Frankly, if Krystal was in the game, I think either she would've been announced months ago, or Falco/Wolf would have. The fact that we're this late in development, this close to release, and we only have ONE Star Fox rep does NOT bode well for Krystal at all.

Maybe someone will try and argue "but Ike was only announced right before E3," but then I'll have to remind you that Marth (previously always an unlockable character) was announced last Fall, and six months later Ike was announced. Its been over a year since Fox was shown off at E3, and there's been no signs of a second Star Fox rep at all.

If we've had any additional Star Fox character announcements, I could buy the notion of a Star Fox newcomer in this game. I'd absolutely love to see Krystal, I think she'd work well (although I, again, think there's a lot of other characters who probably will, and should, get in before her), I really just don't see it happening and nothing hints at her at all.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I agree right here (1st Pit was teased in Melee (he was planned for the 1st Smash Bros but got axed and was planned for Melee but lost out to the Ice Climbers), and now Krystal was teased in Brawl on the Lylat Cruise's Starfox conversations, and by the way the person who 1st mentioned "Will he ever fight again" that was me, I was just throwing a comparison between Pit's Melee tease, with Krystal's Brawl tease.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Because the likelihood is, character reveals would be spaced out more for one franchise. Kirby had three playable reps in Brawl, two right from the start of development and Dedede was either the second or third new newcomer announced. Falco was one of the first known secret characters in Brawl and played a major role in the SSE, Wolf was one of the last characters added to the game (if not THE last) barring Sonic, and he was also one of the last characters unlocked, too.

A DK newcomer seems extremely likely at this point in time, and Diddy Kong was revealed very early on, way back in August. In Brawl, Diddy was one of the last starting newcomers announced and there was no other DK characters in the game.

Pit was one of the first confirmed characters for this game, and Palutena was announced this past E3, a year later. Lucario and Luigi were both announced very early on, despite both being secret characters in past games. Lucario is especially notable, as he was the second confirmed Pokemon character. We later got a dual reveal of Charizard and Greninja.

Frankly, if Krystal was in the game, I think either she would've been announced months ago, or Falco/Wolf would have. The fact that we're this late in development, this close to release, and we only have ONE Star Fox rep does NOT bode well for Krystal at all.

Maybe someone will try and argue "but Ike was only announced right before E3," but then I'll have to remind you that Marth (previously always an unlockable character) was announced last Fall, and six months later Ike was announced. Its been over a year since Fox was shown off at E3, and there's been no signs of a second Star Fox rep at all.

If we've had any additional Star Fox character announcements, I could buy the notion of a Star Fox newcomer in this game. I'd absolutely love to see Krystal, I think she'd work well (although I, again, think there's a lot of other characters who probably will, and should, get in before her), I really just don't see it happening and nothing hints at her at all.
The problem is, this argument doesn't have any merit because of the franchises it skips out on.

Lets look at Metroid in Brawl. Samus was shown immediately, and ZSS was in the very first newcomer reveal trailer. Both shown so early, people were sure we were gonna get a new Metroid newcomer.

So you can't count on reveals being spread out indicating how many characters a series will have included. Sakurai will throw curveballs at you. I think some of the only legitimate arguments that can be had about Krystals inclusion come down to does starfox deserve 4 reps, and if not, will Wolf be cut.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I feel like they would recreate Peppy and Slippy arguing over who gets to fight (from the codec) in the trailer, and suddenly Slippy notices Krystal is not in her Awring, indicating she dropped down with Fox (or Falco) to fight whatever for he was fighting.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The problem is, this argument doesn't have any merit because of the franchises it skips out on.

Lets look at Metroid in Brawl. Samus was shown immediately, and ZSS was in the very first newcomer reveal trailer. Both shown so early, people were sure we were gonna get a new Metroid newcomer.

So you can't count on reveals being spread out indicating how many characters a series will have included. Sakurai will throw curveballs at you. I think some of the only legitimate arguments that can be had about Krystals inclusion come down to does starfox deserve 4 reps, and if not, will Wolf be cut.
The difference is that we had all the known Metroid reps. There's no guarantee a franchise will get a new rep if characters are announced early... but a franchise getting a new rep when we only know one character from the franchise after over a year? That's highly, highly questionable.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The difference is that we had all the known Metroid reps. There's no guarantee a franchise will get a new rep if characters are announced early... but a franchise getting a new rep when we only know one character from the franchise after over a year? That's highly, highly questionable.
Ok, we have all the known F-Zero reps, Cap has been here since 64, his series has only one rep while Starfox has 3, and the last starfox game wasn't too long after the last fzero game. The new starfox means nothing because the roster would've been locked in a long while back. So your logic seems to imply to me that now we could be ripe for seeing a new Fzero newcomer as well? Not trying to put words in your mouth, but the situation fits.

Plus, if we go kirby pre brawl, we had all the known kirby reps, and metaknight was shown same time as ZSS

we had all new kirby reps, +1. then we got dedede, as a starter of all things.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So how do you think it's going to go down? Will we have the vets announced in fairly rapid succession or do you see them being in reveal trailers for non-Star Fox newcomers?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ok, we have all the known F-Zero reps, Cap has been here since 64, his series has only one rep while Starfox has 3, and the last starfox game wasn't too long after the last fzero game. The new starfox means nothing because the roster would've been locked in a long while back. So your logic seems to imply to me that now we could be ripe for seeing a new Fzero newcomer as well? Not trying to put words in your mouth, but the situation fits.

Plus, if we go kirby, we had all the known kirby reps, and metaknight was shown same time as ZSS

we had all new kirby reps, +1. then we got dedede, as a starter of all things.
Actually, I do think its quite likely we'll get Black Shadow. Ganondorf gets a new moveset, Black Shadow gets in as a new character with an updated "old" Ganondorf moveset. In fact, F-Zero is the only O12 franchise not to have a second rep yet, so I think its quite likely.

But you're still missing the point. The fact is that Star Fox is in the complete OPPOSITE situation as all these other franchises which have most, if not all of their characters already. And in Brawl, the other fact about the Kirby characters is we had two newcomers to the franchise. No one expected a third because we already had two. Now in this game, Metaknight is STILL missing.

So how do you think it's going to go down? Will we have the vets announced in fairly rapid succession or do you see them being in reveal trailers for non-Star Fox newcomers?
I think we'll get one Star Fox rep before release (Wolf), and the other is unlockable in the game (Falco). I think we still are getting secret characters (characters we don't know about before the game releases), just not as many as in past games. We'll probably have 2-3 trailers left with 2-3 characters per trailer. A villains trailer might have 4-5 instead, though its questionable.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Actually, I do think its quite likely we'll get Black Shadow. Ganondorf gets a new moveset, Black Shadow gets in as a new character with an updated "old" Ganondorf moveset. In fact, F-Zero is the only O12 franchise not to have a second rep yet, so I think its quite likely.

But you're still missing the point. The fact is that Star Fox is in the complete OPPOSITE situation as all these other franchises which have most, if not all of their characters already. And in Brawl, the other fact about the Kirby characters is we had two newcomers to the franchise. No one expected a third because we already had two. Now in this game, Metaknight is STILL missing.
I used that argument because most people think we won't get a new F-Zero newcomer, but you logic is consistent there, I won't argue that. I personally doubt Black Shadow or a revamped Ganondorf, but that's pure opinion.

And don't get me wrong. I support Krystal, but I think it's extremely unlikely we'll get her. I just think the logic in your argument is as for why is a bit flawed. You're basing it off of patterns, when Sakurai has shown he can change those whenever he wants however he feels like.

At this point, we have 2 unshown SF vets. That could mean anything. A falco revamp. Falco is just hidden, like normal. Wolf cut. Wolf replaced with Krystal. We have no idea. The one thing i'd bet against at this point is getting Falco, Wolf, and Krystal. And even then, I can't say I'm completely sure.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I used that argument because most people think we won't get a new F-Zero newcomer, but you logic is consistent there, I won't argue that. I personally doubt Black Shadow or a revamped Ganondorf, but that's pure opinion.

And don't get me wrong. I support Krystal, but I think it's extremely unlikely we'll get her. I just think the logic in your argument is as for why is a bit flawed. You're basing it off of patterns, when Sakurai has shown he can change those whenever he wants however he feels like.

At this point, we have 2 unshown SF vets. That could mean anything. A falco revamp. Falco is just hidden, like normal. Wolf cut. Wolf replaced with Krystal. We have no idea. The one thing i'd bet against at this point is getting Falco, Wolf, and Krystal. And even then, I can't say I'm completely sure.
Oh, its not just the lack of Falco and Wolf, that's just PART of the reason I don't think Krystal is likely. Its also due to the fact that Falco and Wolf both are far more prominent characters in the Star Fox series, so there's no reason to cut them, Star Fox isn't big enough to have four reps, and there's about 10 other characters I think will get in before Krystal from other franchises that are more popular with more sales, more importance, more recency, and the characters are just as unique as Krystal is.

The lack of Star Fox representation so far is just one part of the bigger picture.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh, its not just the lack of Falco and Wolf, that's just PART of the reason I don't think Krystal is likely. Its also due to the fact that Falco and Wolf both are far more prominent characters in the Star Fox series, so there's no reason to cut them, Star Fox isn't big enough to have four reps, and there's about 10 other characters I think will get in before Krystal from other franchises that are more popular with more sales, more importance, more recency, and the characters are just as unique as Krystal is.

The lack of Star Fox representation so far is just one part of the bigger picture.
I guess I just walked into the middle of an ongoing argument, then. To be fair, I don't think I've actually posted in this thread before. Honestly, when Krystal didn't make it into Brawl, I felt like that was her last chance until she showed up in a new Star Fox game. And that obviously hasn't happened.

It's a bit of a shame, because she's definitely an interesting character, but I have to say I really don't want Wolf to be cut, I think he's awesome as well.

And there's no way in hell they're cutting Falco lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I guess I just walked into the middle of an ongoing argument, then. To be fair, I don't think I've actually posted in this thread before. Honestly, when Krystal didn't make it into Brawl, I felt like that was her last chance until she showed up in a new Star Fox game. And that obviously hasn't happened.

It's a bit of a shame, because she's definitely an interesting character, but I have to say I really don't want Wolf to be cut, I think he's awesome as well.

I thought it was possible Falco could get cut if they were going for "very few clones," but after Lucina, not anymore. And even then I didn't think they'd replace Falco with Krystal except in my very first prediction list. Earlier on I was more lenient on Krystal, but now I just don't think she's all that likely. The fact that the last "Star Fox" game was a remake of 64 doesn't help, either, since that was before Krystal appeared.

Granted, I DO think Krystal is staying in the Star Fox games. I don't think they're going to drop her from the franchise. But I don't think she'll be playable in Smash Bros., either, even though she'd be a pretty cool character if they based her on Adventures.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

I agree that they're not cutting Falco (nor Wolf for that matter, although anything is fair game now), but then again a character who has fallen into the point where he/she is in obscurity can still get in, look at the Ice Climbers (haven't had a single game since the 80s and they got in over Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter and oddly enough Pit), Pit (also hasn't had a game appearance since the Gameboy days back in the early 90s and he was redesigned in time for Brawl) and heck R.O.B. was pretty obscure for a bit since he was only used as an in-game toy up until they started making him playable as a gimmick type of character (he was only in Brawl mainly for the SSE story mode and yet he had a decent moveset to work with).

Is Krystal even obscure enough to gain a spot, her last actual appearance in the SF was in 2006 over 8 years ago on the DS, I think that's still recent enough for a possible playable spot (Ike's last appearance before Brawl was on the Gamecube).

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I agree that they're not cutting Falco (nor Wolf for that matter), but then again a character who has fallen into the point where he/she is in obscurity can still get in, look at the Ice Climbers, Pit and heck R.O.B. was pretty obscure for a bit till they started making him playable as a gimmick type of character.
There's a difference between reviving a classic character from his own series, which Sakurai loves doing (Pit, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Little Mac) grabbing characters that represent hardware, which Sakurai also seems to like (ROB, and Fit trainer/Mii's to an extent), and pulling obscure characters from already represented series.

The only times obscure characters from series have been grabbed (I'm going to say young link, doc mario are really the only two who fit here, and even those are arguable) were when those characters were near exact clones of other characters. Plus, they were just extra roster padding . Krystal fits under none of those categories. I wouldn't even really call her that obscure of a character, imo. There are so few star fox games that only appearing in one doesn't mean so much.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree that they're not cutting Falco (nor Wolf for that matter), but then again a character who has fallen into the point where he/she is in obscurity can still get in, look at the Ice Climbers, Pit and heck R.O.B. was pretty obscure for a bit till they started making him playable as a gimmick type of character.
Well, that's not exactly the same situation... All of those characters were brought back for being retro reps.

:4greninja:'d

I don't think Krystal has fallen into obscurity so much as the fact that Star Fox itself has fallen into obscurity. Krystal is still a central character to the franchise (in a franchise that contains four games and two remakes of the first game), and the whole unique + female factor works in her favor. If Star Fox were to get a new rep, it'd be Krystal, I just don't think the franchise will.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Well, that's not exactly the same situation... All of those characters were brought back for being retro reps.

:4greninja:'d

I don't think Krystal has fallen into obscurity so much as the fact that Star Fox itself has fallen into obscurity. Krystal is still a central character to the franchise (in a franchise that contains four games and two remakes of the first game), and the whole unique + female factor works in her favor. If Star Fox were to get a new rep, it'd be Krystal, I just don't think the franchise will.
Dude, plenty of people still talk about star fox, and krystal has pretty passionate fanbase. They started a petition for her inclusion sometime after brawl and it has over 750 signatures now.

Edit: I even get updates on the petitions progress every know and then.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Dude, plenty of people still talk about star fox, and krystal has pretty passionate fanbase. They started a petition for her inclusion sometime after brawl and it has over 750 signatures now.
This means nothing. You could easily get that many signatures for tons of characters no chance to be in the game. It doesn't matter how many people talk about a game if Nintendo doesn't make new games for the franchise. And if it started sometime after brawl, that could mean as much as 5 years ago. As much as it pains me to say it, Krystal's chances are incredibly low, Brawl was her chance, but Wolf got it instead.

Weavel

Smash Ace
This means nothing. You could easily get that many signatures for tons of characters no chance to be in the game. It doesn't matter how many people talk about a game if Nintendo doesn't make new games for the franchise. And if it started sometime after brawl, that could mean as much as 5 years ago. As much as it pains me to say it, Krystal's chances are incredibly low, Brawl was her chance, but Wolf got it instead.
I disagree, what I had to say about krystal is all on the table, and she has a very powerful chance to be in here if characters saying or hinting at future appearances is a possible indicator here. Hell we already have shulk or who ever got beat up by captain falcon saying I guess I'll have a chance next time,(outside of a final smash) and we had pit in melee talking about his possible inclusion and now krystal in brawl giving her indicator in a codec.

I say Krystal has a very strong chance to be in this game with the indicators I posted above.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As he should have, he was a far more popular and important character anyway. Falco is more popular now, but literally the only reason Falco IS more popular is because of Melee. Before Falco barely made it in over Wolf, Wolf was the far more popular character.

I disagree, what I had to say about krystal is all on the table, and she has a very powerful chance to be in here if characters saying or hinting at future appearances is a possible indicator here. Hell we already have shulk or who ever got beat up by captain falcon saying I guess I'll have a chance next time,(outside of a final smash) and we had pit in melee talking about his possible inclusion and now krystal in brawl giving her indicator in a codec.

I say Krystal has a very strong chance to be in this game with the indicators I posted above.
Chrom got beat up by Captain Falcon. The Krystal codec was probably a hint more at the fact that Krystal was highly requested rather than her getting in. If Star Fox had gotten a new game between Brawl and this game, maybe, but it didn't happen. Maybe next time.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
As he should have, he was a far more popular and important character anyway. Falco is more popular now, but literally the only reason Falco IS more popular is because of Melee. Before Falco barely made it in over Wolf, Wolf was the far more popular character.
I honestly haven't played too much of star fox, so I can't really judge. I personally think Wolf is a whole lot cooler than Falco though.

Weavel

Smash Ace

Chrom got beat up by Captain Falcon. The Krystal codec was probably a hint more at the fact that Krystal was highly requested rather than her getting in. If Star Fox had gotten a new game between Brawl and this game, maybe, but it didn't happen. Maybe next time.
I don't recall krystal being requested but I wouldn't rule it out at the time. and I stand firm on this, when the final product releases and it doesn't have krystal I can rule that possible insinuations such as these are false. But until then I am very confident and strong on the subject and feel this really ways in krystals favor.

You talked about falco being popular because of melee, wait until you get krystal and her shock staff. People will learn to love her if she is effective and fun to play.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't recall krystal being requested but I wouldn't rule it out at the time. and I stand firm on this, when the final product releases and it doesn't have krystal I can rule that possible insinuations such as these are false. But until then I am very confident and strong on the subject and feel this really ways in krystals favor.

You talked about falco being popular because of melee, wait until you get krystal and her shock staff. People will learn to love her if she is effective and fun to play.
Falco became popular because of Melee. Krystal was highly requested, mainly because people mistook something Sakurai said about him wanting to add more female characters to the roster. People simply latched onto Krystal because of that and got angry over the fact that Wolf "stole" Krystal's spot (which was never hers to begin with).

Weavel

Smash Ace
Time will tell, but I have plenty of reasons to feel strong on this. The ultimate right or wrong factor will judge me when game releases or final roaster confirmed.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

By what logic is what you said about Krystal still on the table? Popularity polls that were barely signed from 5 years ago, about a franchise that hasn't had a game in 8 years? I think you're letting your want to see the character in the game cloud your view at her actual chances. Shulk doesn't pertain to this argument, he's representing his own series, where as Krystal would be a FOURTH representative. I think you were referring to Chrom, and said Shulk by accident. In that case, I'll tell you chrom will probably never be playable in a smash bros either. FE lords are different nearly every game, in another 6 years we'll probably have 2 more FE games, with 2 new Lords who will have priority over Chrom. Pit got in because Sakurai chooses classic characters, again a different case than Krystal. And codecs in Brawl just means that Sakurai knows about the character. Sakurai knows about tons and tons of characters. He knew about Villager, Mii's, and Ridley before brawl, and none of them were playable.

Give me some sort of logic or evidence as to why you think Krystal will be playable, and we can argue. All I'm getting from you so far is a lot of patterns that don't relate, and a codec from 6 years ago.

Top Bottom