• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kruton & Co. w/Galaktika Gaming Debut: Smash Riot-December 6th-State College, PA

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
LatexRhombus learn how to wall jump in melee on FD then you will gain my respect: ) Also I didn't think I had chance on winning Brawl but I'm scared now that Umbra told me a state champ is gonna be there.

P.S. Thanks for the switch of melee first.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol dobs

plank you're not from pa lol

I bet the state champ can wall jump on fd, I heard some of us can't...

I'm scared, how am I supposed to beat the state champ?

edit: also, truth's diddy is ridiculous

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Can someone help me get to this venue? Like a ride or something? Directions from the bus? lol. I may go to this instead of NEC.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
who is the PA state champ...????

Also, NinjaLink if you go, we need to play if not in tourney plenty of friendlies, I need to see your R.O.B. in action

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
lol, we're just poking fun at kruton and his confidence. :)
oh...! I was gonna say, I've never seen like a regional champion for PA heh although the tristate region itself the king of Mewtwo would certainly be that, i was hoping that wasn't what you meant :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Well, it's kind of tough to tell atm... velocity is supposed to be state champ, but he lost to kruton by a lot last time they played, but then kruton lost to me and then pav in the same tournament. Velocity knocked me and pav out after that, so I really have no idea what to think. lol

It's tough to tell because we barely ever play philly people, as a whole penn state and northeast pa people rarely travel anywhere.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
meh snake ***** G&W thats why velocity lost by a lot, my guess is that in skill they are very close...P@V uses fox right? Fox ***** snake, so that explains that bit.

And you and kruton play a lot, so i'll be it was dead even for the most part and you got the edge. Snake and Metaknight are about even, i'd say 51/49 in meta's favor the 1 point is because meta can up b the cypher without penalty because the cypher hits him and lets him up b again

Well you all should come down to MD/VA again sometime, like CH3, next weekend is CH4.5 in oxon hill, MD (southern MD) and you all should go. There some people offering some housing services at low fees if you don't want to do a 4 hour drive from the college.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also i live in Frederick which is more western in MD, so i am usually on the way and can offer housing (if i decide i like you guys)

;-)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
And you and kruton play a lot, so i'll be it was dead even for the most part and you got the edge. Snake and Metaknight are about even, i'd say 51/49 in meta's favor the 1 point is because meta can up b the cypher without penalty because the cypher hits him and lets him up b again
there is penalty. MK takes 6 damage from cypher, while Snake takes 8% from a full powered up B. With DI it won't kill, so if Snake lets himself fall a bit toward the stage before up Bing again he will live. Considering weights, the 6% to MK and 8% to Snake is a pretty much even tradeoff if you don't actually get the gimp kill on Snake.

also velocity has always sucked vs snake, I beat him 15 times in a row the last time I played him with Snake and he was better then because he wasn't out of practice. Grenades counter GW.

velocity also quit brawl a long while ago. For being a "state champ" being someone that doesn't play, that's pretty funny to me.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
there is penalty. MK takes 6 damage from cypher, while Snake takes 8% from a full powered up B. With DI it won't kill, so if Snake lets himself fall a bit toward the stage before up Bing again he will live. Considering weights, the 6% to MK and 8% to Snake is a pretty much even tradeoff if you don't actually get the gimp kill on Snake.

also velocity has always sucked vs snake, I beat him 15 times in a row the last time I played him with Snake and he was better then because he wasn't out of practice. Grenades counter GW.

velocity also quit brawl a long while ago. For being a "state champ" being someone that doesn't play, that's pretty funny to me.
good stuff jason, you should do commentary with ee sometime, you can provide the insight commentary and ee can do the hilarious part

anyways, the penalty i was thinking of was the fact that you wont lose a stock from it but yeah you are right

ninjalink- if you can get to chambersburg pa we are smashing tonight and can practice and i'll get you to the tourney and back to chambersburg

Wrek FTW

Smash Apprentice
Well my bad i just have a short attention span. And all these Tantalus people...it must be the new Sephiroth or some s**t. Anyway, looking forward toward to the tourney and seeing everybody again, Kruton (i'm 2-1 against you in Snake dittos. remember that), Rev (BLACK POWA), that Bowser guy if he's coming, Wrek (SHOW ME YA MOVES), and everybody else. I'll be that random black guy who looks like a gangsta on the outside but just as big of a Brawl nerd as everybody else.
thanks for the shout out truth!

looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow :)

i'll show ya my moves

Kruton

Smash Ace
Snake has a lot of things that completely hinder GnWs.

And it should be noted my friends who don't even play Smash started calling me "best in PA" after that tourney, so don't pin that little joke on me.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
meh snake ***** G&W thats why velocity lost by a lot, my guess is that in skill they are very close...P@V uses fox right? Fox ***** snake, so that explains that bit.

Well you all should come down to MD/VA again sometime, like CH3, next weekend is CH4.5 in oxon hill, MD (southern MD) and you all should go. There some people offering some housing services at low fees if you don't want to do a 4 hour drive from the college.
nooo that's m@v who plays fox, pav plays wolf, marth, and meta and is from up in scranton. He usually beats kruton with wolf, but last time they played he lost with wolf and won with marth so idk. I can beat all pav's chars except his mk, which goes even with me. And I do go about even with kruton, which makes sense.

I really want to go to CH4.5, but my only ride is with kruton and az. I can only go if they do :(

_umbra_

Smash Champion

lol our state sucks... :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Rawrrrrrr cya guys in the morning.

im also bringing a tv/wii. mindgames.

im ready for some maylay

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
truth it takes about 3 hours (literally, no exaggeration) to put videos up from downloading them off of the CDs to reformatting to cutting to putting on youtube, so i won't be doing that to at least after the tourney, cuz ill prolly get new videos and each additional video on the same CD takes not much more time...so yea i cant just put those up then id haveta go through it allagain for the next batch

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Just so everyone knows, I heard it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Just keep an eye on the weather, don't want to get caught in that. If anyone needs to come a night early let us know... I'm housing scranton already, but there's other people here who can house more.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I'll probably be able to house too.

I just checked the forecast for State College tomorrow. It's not going to snow. There's a 30% chance of a little bit at like 8pm, and that's about it.

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
BLACK POWA! haha I got some new moves this time truth, prepare to throw up the fist XD And Kruton knows i'm the best GnW in PA ;) harhar

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If it snows so bad that I can't drive back to MD, I would appreciate housing as would my companions.

However, I'm not really thinking its going to be that bad, weather forecast looks meh, so i'm not really worried about it.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
We can definitely house you if you need it. Kruton is housing people in his apartment, and if they run out of room or something I can hold a bunch in my room. :)

Top Bottom