• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kruton & Co. w/Galaktika Gaming Debut: Smash Riot-December 6th-State College, PA

M@v

Subarashii!
My fox eats diddy's for breakfast julian, better stick to falco against me.

Also, Julian(truth)'s best character, in my opinion, is probably his olimar. I think its:

1.Olimar
2.Snake
3.Falco(Even though I have the hardest against him...but thats because fox gets owned by Falco *sigh*)

Julian, Your diddy, my pit, tomorrow(today) >:O

_umbra_

Smash Champion
hmmm... I wonder how mine would go.

1. MK

2. Pikachu
3. Random Button

Pretty accurate imo

edit: actually, I hear my ganondorf is pretty beastly, he would probably go somewhere in there lol

such an easy game :(

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Oh i know not to use Diddy against a Fox, the naners are useless. Olimar my best char? Idk, i don't use him as often as Snake or Falco since he has more match-up problems, ESPECIALLY PEACH :(

Edit: since when did you play Pit? O_o

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Oh i know not to use Diddy against a Fox, the naners are useless. Olimar my best char? Idk, i don't use him as often as Snake or Falco since he has more match-up problems, ESPECIALLY PEACH :(

Edit: since when did you play Pit? O_o
U wish the naners are useless.....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
*looks in the mirror scared*

Ninjalink....Ninjalink...Ninjal.....gah, can't do it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
or like, at least make melee singles before doubles, sucks that it starts so late...
thats a good idea as well! i dont know if i can bear playing melee if those tvs are laggy. if so i may have to bust out the ol' peach

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
thats a good idea as well! i dont know if i can bear playing melee if those tvs are laggy. if so i may have to bust out the ol' peach
this is kinda important, i mean, if the tvs lag in melee you might as well us donkey konga bongos to play the game

does anyone know what kind of tvs the center has? (lcd, dlp, projection, tube, or physical projectors)

edit: im down for smash 64 tourney btw

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
this is kinda important, i mean, if the tvs lag in melee you might as well us donkey konga bongos to play the game

does anyone know what kind of tvs the center has? (lcd, dlp, projection, tube, or physical projectors)

edit: im down for smash 64 tourney btw
Smash 64 :) I said I would play if someone has game and station. Also melee should be before Brawl period! because turnout for Brawl should be decent and I know from talking to people that melee turnout will be hurt by late start time myself and others have time constraints.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
According to kruton the tvs aren't laggy. If it turns out they are, I can bring mine provided someone drives me, my dorm is kind of far away lol

but plank you should use peach anyway, I love dittos

Kruton

Smash Ace
um.........
I played you at CH2 in MMs as well!

I want rematches >.<

To address the TV issue. The TVs are LCD LG's with game mode (there's also a mega big projector, but I figure lag would be too bad). Two of the Wiis have component cables too, so those setups have negligible lag, no different than a regular size tube TV. I can't make any guarantees with the Wiis that are going to be setup without component cables with them. We could have the Melee tournaments on those TVs. I'm trying not have people bring TVs, Alex (owner) seemed a little sketched when I brought TVs up. Bringing one or two could be harmless though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend

I want rematches >.<

To address the TV issue. The TVs are LCD LG's with game mode (there's also a mega big projector, but I figure lag would be too bad). Two of the Wiis have component cables too, so those setups have negligible lag, no different than a regular size tube TV. I can't make any guarantees with the Wiis that are going to be setup without component cables with them. We could have the Melee tournaments on those TVs. I'm trying not have people bring TVs, Alex (owner) seemed a little sketched when I brought TVs up. Bringing one or two could be harmless though.
ah that sucks, no matter what people say lcd tvs are guaranteed to lag 100% of the time

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
ive chilled with kruton at galaktika...the tvs do lag however it isnt that bad. i mean we'll haveta make due and itll be the same for everyone so no use complaining unless everyone can bring non-laggy tvs

oh, and what about making melee first at the time brawl waas supposed to start, cuz the melee tourney will be much faster with less entrants and thats what i want to play anyway lol. not to mention, the pot would be bigger cuz some of dobs's friends who would play melee cant due to the basketball game later in the day. so yea

edit: also i have easier time switching from melee to brawl rather than the other way around...its easier to slow down than speed up lol...and when melee is giong people can still play brawl cuz smaller entrants will only need the non-laggy tvs anyway. itd be all good

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I would support melee first. We can get it done reasonably quick on lagless tvs if we can get people to bring them... I'll bring mine. There are less people entering melee anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's much easier to switch from melee to brawl than from brawl to melee... If there's not a break between, it would be nice to get the difficult game out of the way first.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I would support melee first. We can get it done reasonably quick on lagless tvs if we can get people to bring them... I'll bring mine. There are less people entering melee anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

It's much easier to switch from melee to brawl than from brawl to melee... If there's not a break between, it would be nice to get the difficult game out of the way first.
i would be ok with melee first, provided that all 4 tournets run back to back (i.e. we can start singles while teams finals are going etc.) people can grab lunch inbetween matches. i wouldnt dq anyone not at the venue because they're at lunch lol.

also i can run the tournets if you like kruton, or if you have tio and stuff already covered just let me know!

Kruton

Smash Ace
Yeah, this does make a lot of sense. I'll change it right away.

Thanks Tantalus, I already have tio though, I've been working with it over the past few days. The only thing I'd need help with is calling matches when I'm playing, Latex or Umbra will probably help me with that.

But yeah, I agree, Melee first is easier all around. I fully support bringing setups, I'll have to talk to Alex again, he comes back from Cancun tomorrow. >.<

Latex, Umbra, Mav, Truth, make sure to let people know about this.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I also changed the registration to just starting at noon. Galaktika doesn't open until 12, I'm going to try to get there a little earlier.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So if we get there before 12pm, will we be able to get in?

If not, we will make sure to get there at 12pm on the dot

Good stuff though! Looks like things will be run effiecently and quickly, and this is good for everyone!

Kruton

Smash Ace
If I'm there earlier, then yeah you can come earlier. I just need to talk to the owner to make sure he's going to be there early, he usually is.

I'd shoot for noon though. I won't know until Friday night, I'm sorry. =/

KO M

Smash Apprentice
knil ajnin.....sti kool yeh a backwords message, felt like adding that... Ill try to make it, depends on work .

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

I want rematches >.<

I was never at CH2. My first OoS tourney was pound 3........

Kruton

Smash Ace
I was never at CH2. My first OoS tourney was pound 3........
EDIT: looked at your myspace, def. you. I played you at some CH event in July, we first MM'd $5 3/5 set, random characters, you ***** me. Then we $10 MM with our mains (you diddy, me Snake) and it went into the 3rd match. You had some Hispanic kid with you who I MM'd and beat.

And I still want re's son.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Some kid was definitely posing as you then. Are you black w/ glasses and a slight fro?

EDIT: looked at your myspace, def. you. I played you at some CH event in July, we first MM'd $5 3/5 set, random characters, you ***** me. Then we $10 MM with our mains (you diddy, me Snake) and it went into the 3rd match. You had some Hispanic kid with you who I MM'd and beat.
it was ch3 kruton. you placed 49th. ( i was 81st...)

M@v

Subarashii!
12pm registration? yay I can get some sort of sleep now. (Party friday night at my fraternity house).

And also Ill spread the word about the new schedule.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Thanks for the change kruton, I'll tell everyone about it.

So, apparently we're going to need a few lagless tv's? I'll contribute one, anyone else?

edit: Oh yeah, is anyone going to need housing? Tell us now so we can get things figured out, we should be able to house a few... whether it be in dorm rooms or people's apartments, etc.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

And I still want re's son.
Um i didnt main diddy then or now. I fought u with Toon Link and Lucario. i used diddy in like 1 match i think. Yea It was CH3. I had no hispanic kid with me. LOL

Top Bottom