• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kruton & Co. w/Galaktika Gaming Debut: Smash Riot-December 6th-State College, PA

Kruton

Smash Ace
Hello everyone, I would like to announce along with Galaktika Gaming LAN center, the debut of Smash Riot. This will be a venue holding both Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, both in singles and doubles. Galaktika Gaming is right in downtown State College, so it's an easy venue to find. The venue already has 6 setups, all with Wii's, and plenty of room for more TV/console setups. State College has a lot of great quality (and McDo’s, Arby’s, whatever) dining options all throughout the town in walking distance, and delivery also has vast options. Penn State is way too fun not to come to this!

ALSO SETUPS WOULD BE GREAT. We have kids in the area who have Wii's totaling about 8, but who knows, we could always use more. 'Cubes too!

Entry Fees:

Brawl Singles- $10
Brawl Doubles- $10 per team
Melee Singles- $10
Melee Doubles- $10 per team

Registration & Schedule:

Registration-12:00
Melee Doubles- 12:30
Melee Singles- Shortly after Doubles 1:30~2:00
Brawl Singles- 4:00
Brawl Doubles- 6:00
!!Crew battles are also very highly encouraged!!

This schedule is designed in a way for Brawlers to crew battle after the Brawl tournaments and Melee crews can battles after their tournaments (or whatever, it’s just suggestion). The big time gap between the two games' tournaments is to give time to allow people to adjust from the physics and mechanics of one game to the other, and to break in any way.

121 East Beaver Avenue, State College
Phone: 814-234-0275

My contact details:
AIM: MikeKruton
Phone: (570) 903-2196
Email: MikeKruton@aim.com

*Any details and rules given are subject to change at any time.

SSB Brawl Rules
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• All sets with the exception of the loser's finals and the
championship are best of 3 matches (exceptions being a best of 5)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• No controller/name tag johns. You are responsible for having a functional controller and a backup if necessary. Any restart of a game due to controller malfunction must be agreed by both/majority of contestants in the match (generosity in promptly discovered malfunctions is suggested)
• Stalling is banned. This is considered as deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is.
• Infinite chain grabs in general, are banned.

SSB Melee Rules
• 4 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to off
• All sets are best of 3 matches
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have won on in that set, unless agreed upon by both players
• Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
• Wobbling is banned
• The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
• Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
• Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned
• Stalling of any other kind is banned

Additional Double’s Play Rules for Melee/Brawl

• Life stealing is allowed
• Team attack set to ON

Set Format for Sets (in order of procedure)
:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player/team may announce any one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage
• Should the entrants for any tournament reach more than 32 entrants will be seeded off into pools preceding double elimination brackets. Within these pools, round-robin play setting will determine who moves on into brackets.

Any disputes that may still arise must be brought to the attention to any of the tournament organizers.

SSB Brawl Stage List

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter-pick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
PictoChat
Pokémon Stadium Melee
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi’s Island
SSB Melee Stage List

Neutral:
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams (banned in doubles)
Pokémon Stadium
Yoshi’s Story

Counter-pick:
Corneria
Brinstar
DK’s Island 64
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Mute City (banned in doubles)
PokéFloats
Rainbow Cruise

Hope to see all who read this! :chuckle:

SIDE NOTE: State College sucks with parking. There are various parking garages and spots you can park, but meter spots require change, and parking in a garage is roughly $10. Easy to pay for if people chip in a long with gas :)

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol the counterpicks

<3 the neutrals though, no more lylat lol

yeah, I'll be there. chibo, we can finally do our crew battle here

somebody bring pav lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the stage list is better after i convinced kruton to change some things lol, but pplllllleeeeasssse take off green hill zone, as much as i love the music

PAV

Smash Cadet
ill call off work this day. ill tell javi to go along with dave and whoever else wants to go.
whats the entry fee going to be.

Kruton

Smash Ace
ill call off work this day. ill tell javi to go along with dave and whoever else wants to go.
whats the entry fee going to be.
Yes! So happy to hear it man

I meant to post the prices, I fixed it. $10 for everything except Brawl singles, which is $15.

Just a side note to everyone, I'm willing to raise, maybe even lower the price on any tourney if people want it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is there a venue fee?

plz make it lower lol, 4 events with everything being $10 really hurts the wallet. atleast make brawl singles $10. if not do like singles be $10 and doubles $5 (per person)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
"Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% to prevent excessive stalling."

If this means that DDD's Standing infinite and small step chaingrabbing are legal then I'm not coming.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
kruton, make sure they arent legal

i would love to come, but i just found out that i cant. my parents scheduled their annual holiday party the same day

M@v

Subarashii!
You know I'm in, considering galaktika is a 5 minute walk from my dorm ;). If you need any help setting up, let me know. I can bring a wii with brawl and melee, and a TV.

Kruton

Smash Ace
"Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% to prevent excessive stalling."

If this means that DDD's Standing infinite and small step chaingrabbing are legal then I'm not coming.

Yeah, that's fixed. I hate that standing grab, I don't know why I didn't originally ban it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo u r so poorz. How do you plan on getting to this?
cant come, my parents holiday party is this day. im sure ultima is going, ask him to take u

lol im so poor, i just get lucky sometimes. like for tgp triple smash to pay for the entry fee and stuff, i happened to get 1st in brawl teams the week b4 at my tourney which paid for it. and now i have a weekly paycheck coming in, so im getting more money lil by lil but i have to be careful cause i need $$ for holiday shopping on bfriday

Kruton

Smash Ace
cant come, my parents holiday party is this day. im sure ultima is going, ask him to take u

lol im so poor, i just get lucky sometimes. like for tgp triple smash to pay for the entry fee and stuff, i happened to get 1st in brawl teams the week b4 at my tourney which paid for it. and now i have a weekly paycheck coming in, so im getting more money lil by lil but i have to be careful cause i need $$ for holiday shopping on bfriday

You need to be fun =[
jk

Wrek FTW

Smash Apprentice
you know phase rev and i will be there!

i should drink a beer beforehand or something, to calm them nerves so i can be top5 since i know for a fact im capable.

umbra, we should all get together for some friendlies beforehand

_umbra_

Smash Champion
you know phase rev and i will be there!

i should drink a beer beforehand or something, to calm them nerves so i can be top5 since i know for a fact im capable.

umbra, we should all get together for some friendlies beforehand
yeah we should. :)

Top Bottom