• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
AP. He's right. You don't respond nicely 90% of the time. And i've given you plenty of warnings and chances and advice. Your fine when we chat on skype but for w/e reason u get really...insulting on the pit boards. Your above post is fine. I'm just letting u know now. Even if they say something unpleasant to you you respond far too harshly. Simply either ignore them or kindly ask them not to. If they continue...that's my jurisdiction.

MVD you do instigate sometimes. There's this thing called "ignore list" on swf. Use it.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Oh man Kuro for half a second I felt like you were the master TT_TT That's scary when you have that much power /sigh

Durarara needs a second season. Have you read the manga? I never did or anything so I dunno if it was the same or if it was different.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
IT DOOOOOOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! It's not like they didn't leave it open for a second season. It finished nicely but there was just enough open-endedness that a second season is def. plausible~ :)

/hope

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
IT DOOOOOOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! It's not like they didn't leave it open for a second season. It finished nicely but there was just enough open-endedness that a second season is def. plausible~ :)

/hope
Right?!?! I could see them kind of having at least like an OVA like baccano had those 2 seperate special episodes xD

Sadly I checked the manga and there's only 14 chapters so it was most likely the same and done TT_TT I'm going to probably read the manga not tonight but sometime this week to see if it's the same~

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Air game feels like a rail shooter with starfox-like elements in the way you dodge stuff and the momentum of the fights. It also has a level of challenge you rarely see in Nintendo's first party line up. I've died multiple times on Intensity level SIX. Imagine what 9 is...

Ground game feels like, again, Star Fox Assault's "good elements", in that you can have a weapon of your choice (you can't switch on the fly, but at least you can choose before going into the field)... A level of exploration similar to LoZ (not super free or expansive, but you still relish the moments you find a secret treasure every once in a while, and this changes on higher intensities)... Powers that you collect help in battle a LOT... Finally, I want to say, but the combat feels very much like a revamped MegaMan Legends style game. I LOVE combat. It feels so fluid; you don't exactly know how much HP your opponent has, and it's THAT much more impactful in higher intensisties; you're like "OMG IS IT DEAD YET? NO!? OMG IM SO LOW ON HP, OMG MY HEALTH BAR JUST BLEW UP OMG OMG (dodges insanely, shoots every chance, then...BOOM!!)..I ... I did it?! (cries happily)... or sometimes like me you die and have to go an intensitiy lower.

...I can't wait to finish this game so I can do my review, Im on chapter 8 atm.
Sounds really hype.

And I can't even play it :(

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I would have been a bit more happier if we actually got matchups done, which was part of the issue here, and I can't act nice much anymore, let alone I know that they're just going to continue, even if I did ask them to stop. And to add to that, they know how strict and aggressive I am and how my personality is, they purposely anger me, and it adds to the pain and suffering they've done to me plenty of times, and therefore, they purposely attack me for their stupid amusement. And ignoring is something that I rarely do when considering the I was taught to deal with things.
With that, their intentions on getting me furious is working, and I have no reason to show niceness to those who frequently attack me and caused me tons of pain, making me the dark person that I am. If I'm not attacked, I'll be much more passive. It's bad enough we never got MUs done, so that makes things even more difficult for me since I cared bout helping others improve... well that was back then, but I'm not doing that anymore.

Soon, I'll show you an example of what makes things tough for me, and how it'd work. Say that I'm neutral right now, and after a short time, I'll show you what could happen.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Whether you improve differently, than I do, MUs have played a great role in making me improve, as well as a code that I made for me that has 4 words that pretty much fill in the rest of the gaps.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
4 Words: Do what wins games

MU discussion is overrated for a long list of reasons

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
**** MU discussions we should be discussing social things like more anime!!!!!!!~ I swear you guys need to be as cool as the ZSS social either dead or talking about anime <3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now, on a regular basis, DeLux's random appearance and saying that would annoy me, because I think differently. If I was to go by his logic, I'd be using cheap old MK (who's banned for the most part) or a top tier, and you know that's not going to happen. I choose what I want and my decision is going by a code, and research for MUs, but of course, I kinda stopped playing this game.

And sorry Loli, but this place is too unstable to do much, though the only anime I'd truly care for is if there was more Kid Icarus anime shorts, or a full anime.

For Luckay, that would sound like instigating or something to provoke me, but I'm restraining from fury this time. I'll be showing more examples as soon as things arrive.

EDIT: And idc bout no stupid Metagame thing. I choose my path, which is MU data, and my code, but I can't tell you my secret for great potential.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Best vid Nick Riddle. Also, wow @ AP still going on about MU discussions when he previously claimed he would be done with Brawl once Uprising came out.

edit: I'm not instigating or trying to provoke you, but I will call you out on bull**** or going back on your word.

DeLux

??? Saying MU discussion is overrated has nothing to do with characters.

It has everything to do with metagame options and epistemology though. Those have nothing to do with character selection.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Now, on a regular basis, DeLux's random appearance and saying that would annoy me, because I think differently. If I was to go by his logic, I'd be using cheap old MK (who's banned for the most part) or a top tier, and you know that's not going to happen. I choose what I want and my decision is going by a code, and research for MUs, but of course, I kinda stopped playing this game.

And sorry Loli, but this place is too unstable to do much, though the only anime I'd truly care for is if there was more Kid Icarus anime shorts, or a full anime.

For Luckay, that would sound like instigating or something to provoke me, but I'm restraining from fury this time. I'll be showing more examples as soon as things arrive.
But... but... knowing MUs =/= being better... I don't understand...
Sure, it helps you know what to do in some situations vs. characters... but character fluidity and smarts aren't learned through MU knowledge.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master

EDIT: And idc bout no stupid Metagame thing. I choose my path, which is MU data, and my code, but I can't tell you my secret for great potential.
Okay so question. If Pit had been a top tier character would you still play him? Because you're always talking about how you don't play top tiers like all these people and blah blah blah but...what if pit was top tier xD He isn't obviously but would you have played him?

Tell me addie-kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! I wanna know what you're thinking!~

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
@NR Well that gets filled in by the rest of his methods.

New subject! Those who have uprising...what's your favorite weapon(s) in multiplayer and why~?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For a Pit, if you dont know your MUs, how would you know which chars you can CG, which chars you can gimp and how, or ways to counter certain attacks? The point is that it helped me specifically and that's all that matters. While I did want to see other Pits improve by learning MUs, and figuring out the basics (which is one part of the code I go by), we just are unorganized, unwilling to, or as some have mentioned, busy with life.
Maybe I was too strict, but I wanted to see other characters on the lower branch of that accursed list get a bit of rep, instead of the old higher tier dominance/dependency thing (Don't bring Japan into this part). I suppose supporting my character any way I can was a crime.

EDIT: And yes, Loli Cake, I'd still use Pit, because I stand true to my character, and I never knew bout tier lists til a few months after Brawl came out. But since he'll never be top tier here, I rather not even hear of that question again, please.

DeLux

Unorganized - Falls on the mod
Unwilling - We discussed already who this falls on
Busy with life - Subset of unwilling for the rest of us

Heck, one doesn't have to be a mod to do the organizing thing. So it just goes back to SOMEONE be unwilling.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And finally something useful. For Kuro, Meteor Bow and Viridi Palm, but you may not know the 2nd one til you get a bit further in game. Killing things with rose petals and hearts, that's just as fun as killing enemies with rainbows.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@NR Well that gets filled in by the rest of his methods.

New subject! Those who have uprising...what's your favorite weapon(s) in multiplayer and why~?
There are too many awesome weapons ;_;

I love the Hedrew Club, it has superb homing and lulzy damage (I kill full health soldiers with one combo or two standing charge shots).

Laser staff has high damage, long range, fires fast, so I love it.

Most bows are cool in their own way...but silver bow da bess.

Beam claws are just...beam claws, too good lol.

Rail cannon, Twinbellows cannon, and predator cannon are all amazing at CC and damage.

I haven't even scratched the surface of other weapon types yet.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
There are too many awesome weapons ;_;

I love the Hedrew Club, it has superb homing and lulzy damage (I kill full health soldiers with one combo or two standing charge shots).

Laser staff has high damage, long range, fires fast, so I love it.

Most bows are cool in their own way...but silver bow da bess.

Beam claws are just...beam claws, too good lol.

Rail cannon, Twinbellows cannon, and predator cannon are all amazing at CC and damage.

I haven't even scratched the surface of other weapon types yet.
Why do i keep hearing about beam claws? Are they like...the best?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Beam Claws be overrated because of that multiplayer vid prior to the game's release in which a beam claw user won the game. I only have one since it has speed modifiers to help me with completing speed challenges, in which I surprisingly bought mine. You'll see a lot of club and claw users though, and it's painful.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Also, beam claws were used by 10/12 of the finalist players in the uprising tournament. But yeah, they are reeeeaaallly good IMO. I like the brawler claws more because they make you run super fast.

Clubs with invisible shots are really gay.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Reflect Barrier helps. I blame those evil skyscraper users for making me hate clubs.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Just finished the story mode... The game was one of the most enjoyable journeys ever ^__^. I'm glad I got to experience it ^__^. Now all that's left is to get all the good weapons and play with all of you guys XD! If you have my Friend Code, feel free to stop by my room if I have one open! You're always welcome to come ^__^.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Okay so LUCKAY **** you. To prove I'm right about how you say my name. If you go to where it originates from which is Vladimir Nabokov's book called Lolita and you listen to the pronunciation you'll hear it as low-lee-tah therefor I'm lowlee not lahlee ;-; I couldn't let you win or I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dear lord. I don't know how i'm gonna make it through this semester...i didn't realize how much work this online class would be. It finally got processed and accepted on tuesday...i have to finish it b4 spring semester ends and it's a full semester course. While taking 5 classes at my own uni. Fml...

Top Bottom