• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Nice to see that you're still the same, Admiral Pit ^^;. I haven't seen you in a while... Although I've heard people talk of you XD. I think the Pit boards was heading in the right direction the last time I saw it. Hopefully someone else can come and take the reigns once again.

I can't wait for Uprising myself ^__^. It's going to be exciting and fresh! It is sad that most of the old Pits I knew have become mostly inactive, like myself, but it's nice when they come to visit ^__^.
how you doin killer?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
You know, competitive scene uprising would be cool, but right now it only has 3v3 or FFA multiplayer modes, I really hope it has 1v1.
1v1 Looks to be intrinsically broken due to weapon matchups.

E.G. 'you have a slowly firing projectile thing and my club can reflect every single one of those? gg.'

Etc.

1v1 would be cool... It would help IF it became a competitive scene. It probably has some way of having that. I mean, it can't be that it HAS to be a 6 player FFA. What if there aren't enough players? There might not be a specific setting for 1v1, but you could probably just host an FFA room and only have two people join.
3v3 looks to be the most competitive mode. 1v1 looks to be broken, see above.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha, then get ready for the competition, because im going hard for uprising, I'm planning to go to the pre-release tournament in NYC.

And yes, just yesterday I went MOSTLY pit in tourney, singles and dubz. I'm actually gonna ask for critiques once/ if vids are up.
Hope they do. I'm curious to see how all your oli exp transitions into pit.

Man, i was so hyped once i found out about the online ish in uprising. I hope it's not too laggy when u don't do it with locals.

Ya sry about the inactivity thing guys. Things will get busy again come summer/fall semester. 18 credit hours is killing me. And one of em i'm just starting tomorrow so i have to finish a semester long class in 5 weeks =/

/gonnahavenolifetillsummer

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Oh, hey Kuro ^__^. Nice to know you're still around! And you're a mod! Well, I hope I can help a little when summer comes ^^;. I basically can't come on here ever as well due to heavy duty school work XD. Still, I hope to become active in the Pit boards once again sometime soon.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nice to see that you're still the same, Admiral Pit ^^;. I haven't seen you in a while... Although I've heard people talk of you XD. I think the Pit boards was heading in the right direction the last time I saw it. Hopefully someone else can come and take the reigns once again.

I can't wait for Uprising myself ^__^. It's going to be exciting and fresh! It is sad that most of the old Pits I knew have become mostly inactive, like myself, but it's nice when they come to visit ^__^.
I'd be dumb if I wasn't the same strict, but high-potential Pit who (used to) attempted to rally other Pits to help em improve. I wasn't around much because I was discouraged when we weren't getting MU stuff done. That's important stuff, but not many ppl see that. And it was for a short time, then we just weren't able to keep up the MU talk. We never could. Well, I did miss some of the older Pits, especially those who actually contributed to MUs and stage discussions. Alas, I'll be much more inactive, and maybe even retire once Uprising comes about.

And part of that reason comes from the fact that all 5 of my GC controllers have a bit of a joystick problem, and well, I've dealt with enough BS from some ppl, too.

Haha, then get ready for the competition, because im going hard for uprising, I'm planning to go to the pre-release tournament in NYC.

And yes, just yesterday I went MOSTLY pit in tourney, singles and dubz. I'm actually gonna ask for critiques once/ if vids are up.
I'll be waiting for that FC request, for I plan to stay in line for a while at a nearby Gamestop and pick up my preordered Uprising. You're not gonna go Beam Claws right away, are you?
Remind me to take a look at that Pit, and start anew with you after our "conflict", and unblock you from the other place I think, as long as you know how I work, and what grinds my gears (yes, I had to say it)

I wonder if Kid Icarus Uprising will have a competitive scene. I wouldn't mind if it did, but I'd be fine if it didn't have one. I guess all I can do is just wait and see what Time says ^^;. I'd love to play with you guys if you get it, though!
It's possible, but mostly for team capabilities, you got your 3v3 teams, and your classic 6-way FFAs. I mean I did hear about a possible clan to expand towards Uprising too.

You know, competitive scene uprising would be cool, but right now it only has 3v3 or FFA multiplayer modes, I really hope it has 1v1.
It probably wont be possible, but if it happens in a way, why not? Keep in mind that a CPU will replace DCing players or something like that.

1v1 would be cool... It would help IF it became a competitive scene. It probably has some way of having that. I mean, it can't be that it HAS to be a 6 player FFA. What if there aren't enough players? There might not be a specific setting for 1v1, but you could probably just host an FFA room and only have two people join.
I'm sure they said a CPU will fill in any empty spots, because "Thanatos blogged it". We don't know how well they'll fight though.

Thats very true, I did not think of that. *Gets hopes up for 1v1 now* All it really needs to be competitive is to be a fun game, somewhat balanced, not -too- random, and a group of people willing to make a competitive scene. As a sidenote, the clubs and cannons look awesome.
I would stick to the bow, blade, the rainbow shooter (i know what it's really called), and maybe the staff. It depends, but I'll try each out, though I see the Bow being a definite. You know how I like variety.

I'm more excited for the swords and bows <3. But the overall weapon system looks really exciting and fresh! I really can't wait to get my hands on it ^__^! I'm really excited for the Team Battles too! They'll be a fun way to have some good lolz XD.
Blades and Bows. It's on.

Team battles=fun and RAGE, oh so much rage in team battles. In the MP demo, that ending was just so rage-inducing >.>

Also, that reminds, power-up system looks interesting because some things are ridiculous. Mega laser that goes across the entire maps, with a huge radius, and probably OHKO potential lol.
Them Beam Claws!

They call them Powers (Miracles in Japan). Those little abilities, yep. Still havent seen like half of em yet.

I'm gonna have my eyes open like a HAWK for that Mega-Laser. I mainly want to laugh when I use it and watch as people try to dodge it XD. It was lol that if Pit falls off he automatically dies XD. It's kind of like Brawl that way.

Power up system will be funny to use XD. I'm really interested in how the power ups will affect gameplay.
Don't forget that Daybreak weapon! So fun.
Staff snipers and Mega Lasers, I can see it now.

Have faith in it. It's gonna be great.

If Uprising is competitive enough, I might try running it as a side event in some Brawl tourneys. Hopefully people will actually want to play it. xD
Shame I don't/can't travel, but at least the wifi has been confirmed to be smooth.

Oh yea, I forgot. Beware of this guy...

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
So many Pits up in here. I finally got back to 1400 on ladder, yay! Lol, took me losing a lot to get up there. I'm starting to see improvement.

Edit: @ Dabuz, where are those Pit matches?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah I was a very said woman back then, making moveset swaps. I had this fetish for pink back then aswell and made a set of pink textures for chars :O.

Kid icarus comes out a day after my birthday in aus. Maybe someone will give me for my birthday :3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll be looking forward to the competition. Oh, and let's not get on the Beam Claw bandwagon please. D:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not that I have told you this before, but I take offense to that word.

Anyways... 5, soon to be 4 days left til the Uprising, and I got some scoop on some spoilers.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
all i do is work doubles no days off. this is my first morning off in 4ever. feels good. went to houston. that's why i have pc access for a bit. hows yall? any progress being made with our char tourney wise?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dabuz's pit is actually solid, basic, but solid.

Fox continues to be the only character in the entire roster i've never taken a set off of in tourney.

I'm becoming extremely good at doubles for no god damn reason.
Delux is helping work through my specific problems.

Fyre continues to do the fyre walk.

Dunno wdf is going on with luckay as far as smash goes lol.

Dez is still having trouble making it to tourneys.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord

Fox continues to be the only character in the entire roster i've never taken a set off of in tourney.

wario, toonlink, and Fox are my worst match ups and i do terrible against them because they are horrible terrible evil dumb characters from hell.

I was wondering how most of you guys feel about them? and i maybe you guys had some pointers for them.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W

Gotta problem with that?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
wario, toonlink, and Fox are my worst match ups and i do terrible against them because they are horrible terrible evil dumb characters from hell.

I was wondering how most of you guys feel about them? and i maybe you guys had some pointers for them.
My worst matchups are fox, sonic and sheik. Though i've gotten much better at sheik as of late compared to the other two.

I feel the current statistics on all 3 u mentioned are about right. With fox possibly winning enough to be +1 and toonlink losing enough to be -1. However, i agree with even. And i firmly stand by wario being very slight disadvantage.

I'm not gonna say a damn thing on fox until i can take sets off em in tourney with pit. Got some new ideas for next time...hoping they turn things around.

Toonlink we can honestly dictate the pace of the match better than him. We can outcamp, outstall, and outbox him. Don't over commit when you juggle or the invincibombing strategy will get you. Focus on punishing his landings with pivot grab, arrows, and dash attack/upsmash. If you predict the zair approach froll behind them and reading the zair approach works nicely. Abuse his lack of a regular grab speed by coming up with new shield frame traps. Jab is broken in this mu. So is dtilt. Abuse what platforms u have. And pay attention to his setups(how he gets the hard hits) cuz every tink has a few specific ones u can pick out. Figure those out and it'll be much harder for you to die.

Wario: Much easier at this point for vids on this guy. I can't really help all that much without em. Show me and i can tell u exactly what you're doing that you really shouldn't be doing.

@Fyre naw you do your thing gurl!:)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hai Fyre! And um, Friday's coming. Get ready, fellow Uprising watchers.
In other news, the first part of Shaft's animated short for Kid Icarus is on Nintendo Video now.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I hate the nintendo company for being dumb and putting that game on the 3ds only?? it looks so good but its on hand held system and then i dont even have the 3ds either. It should also been on WII!!!
Same with some of those others. like luigi mansion 2 being on only 3ds what were they thinking!!!!!! arrrrrggghh

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Well, my Spring Break is over... And with that I won't be able to come on here as often as I have been this past week ^^;. I'll miss you all ^__^! I'll try and come as often as I can, but don't count on it too much ^^;. Hopefully work won't keep me in a choke hold for long X__X. Anyways, you guys are great, and I wish you all luck in any tournaments you attend ^__^! PIT ROCKS! Also Uprising Hype <33333333333333333.

And as a final note.....

FOX IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD AND SHOULD GO AWAY. GO BEAT HIM UP PITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Well, my Spring Break is over... And with that I won't be able to come on here as often as I have been this past week ^^;. I'll miss you all ^__^! I'll try and come as often as I can, but don't count on it too much ^^;. Hopefully work won't keep me in a choke hold for long X__X. Anyways, you guys are great, and I wish you all luck in any tournaments you attend ^__^! PIT ROCKS! Also Uprising Hype <33333333333333333.

And as a final note.....

FOX IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD AND SHOULD GO AWAY. GO BEAT HIM UP PITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
you were barely here son wtf LOL

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Aww, but I barely spoke to you, dualseeker. u_u

...So, anyway, I'm starting to be concerned by my lack of progress recently... I think Wi-Fi might actually be making it worse. What should I be learning for my training sessions inbetween tourneys/smashfests?? 'Thought I had the idea, but I'm still falling into too many habits.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
If you recognize the fact that your falling into habits then identify those habits and each time you get the urge to use that option test a different one in it's stead. Rewatching yourself helps. Try to save the matches and watch em that same night. And again the next day. Then next time u do the session keep in mind what u noticed(habits).

If you can't identify those habits then you're probably just getting outplayed.

Top Bottom