• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

D

Deleted member

While Wolf isn't bad against them, I'm starting to think that Pit could be my answer to Ice Climbers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As long as you can separate them carefully, it can be done. Shame Brinstar isn't legal (I think), or we'd have a greater advantage over em, or at least I think so.

Oh look, another new avy!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
There are much easier characters to play against ICs then Pit >_>

D

Deleted member

Why do you say that, Lux? He seems great to me, and his ability to separate combined with his weight make him a great contender in my eyes.

DeLux

Which ICs have you been playing that you separate them easily with Pit? >_>

Wolf is better at it than Pit imho. Not sure what weight has to do with anything either.

I agree with Nick Riddle on ZSS

D

Deleted member

Weight has to do with CGing, duh.

Separating isn't hard with Pit. >_>

DeLux

You didn't answer my question on which ICs you're separating easily

They are probably bad at the MU

D

Deleted member

Sil. He's not known for IC's but is still a really good player who can do the 0-death CG, and for some reason had trouble with it on Pit. And yeah, just force and approach and then side B. if anything, even F-smash has a high chance of hitting nana.

And weight has A LOT to do with CG's. Lain told me himself that he has issues against Lucas due to that fact.

Edit: Also, Lux, I'd appreciate a bit more respect from you, rather than you just assuming that everyone I play is "bad".

DeLux

The issues for Lucas have nothing to do with the weight. Its a hurt box issue specific to Lucas (and kind of Ness). Snake is also known to have some issues. Ironically so does ganondorf. But the last two are nothing compared to Lucas. lain is wrong on why it's hard to CG lucas.

Based on Pit's ability to juggle, if he had an easy time separating safely, he'd win the MU. However, he really doesn't have a safe option. Using Angel Ring will get grabbed more or less (it's not safe on hit via DSDI). Fsmash isn't safe either. Wolf, from a tools standpoint, has a much easier time separating at high levels of play, in that he has like two actually truly guaranteed separating options that he can exercise against ICs. Pit's more about hoping overcommiting leads to a mistake.

It's not a matter of disrespect. It's just I've played the MU at a high level and that's not how it works >_> Pit should be baiting the **** out of ICs to over commit on something and punish that and really play the frustration card.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've been noticing that behavior, i mean the respect thing.

Disregard my previous statement about weight.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Auspher, Sil doesn't know how to play IC's against Pit. It's true. His best MU with them is obviously MK (who he picked them up for).

Every IC I've played with my Pit has bodied me. it's a stupid MU. I'd rather play like Mario vs Ice Climbers than Pit, tbqh. Lux is right, it's hard to separate IC's in a safe place unless they do something stupid like go on a platform and not just walk around like 9B does.

D

Deleted member

I really disagree on the separation, but whatever. I'll stick to Wolf.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Stick to him, Drew. :x We need a lot more Pit mains to flock out to regionals/nationals this year before Smash 4 gets trailer'd and the brawl spirit starts tapering off.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I would never jeoporadize my victory by using Pit in-tournament.

Money match, at most.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Exactly. Stick to Falco and do what you do best.

Shoot lasers, jab, grab and hope that someone messes up before 140 so you can kill them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm actually surprised you have interest in it, but I suppose I'm willing to set aside our differences, and at least cooperate in a way (and wouldn't mind having competition when Uprising comes out... hint hint).
I also did hear you went Pit a few rounds. I suppose I really do want to see it before those "2 weeks" are up. Actually, it's more like 12 days now. I'll be doing that countdown, but not here. And I noticed how this board gotten worse already.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just hope I get a bit of friendly angel-to-angel competition once it comes out, or maybe actually a day or 2 after it comes out. I kinda have interest in finishing the story first, and collecting some weapons/powers.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Hello, Pit boards ^__^! How have you been? Gosh, it's been so long since I've been here last XD. I've missed you guys a lot in the time I was gone ^^;. I still play Pit in Brawl here and there, but I haven't really been able to really play it much due to school and my obsession over BlazBlue at the moment XD. Still, I can't wait to talk to you guys again!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, there's corruption and/or poorly organized stuff around here like it was years ago.

In other news, I'll be hopefully ready to go and switch to Uprising once it comes, which means I'll soon be finished. Shame there isn't many old school Pits around, though.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Nice to see that you're still the same, Admiral Pit ^^;. I haven't seen you in a while... Although I've heard people talk of you XD. I think the Pit boards was heading in the right direction the last time I saw it. Hopefully someone else can come and take the reigns once again.

I can't wait for Uprising myself ^__^. It's going to be exciting and fresh! It is sad that most of the old Pits I knew have become mostly inactive, like myself, but it's nice when they come to visit ^__^.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm actually surprised you have interest in it, but I suppose I'm willing to set aside our differences, and at least cooperate in a way (and wouldn't mind having competition when Uprising comes out... hint hint).
I also did hear you went Pit a few rounds. I suppose I really do want to see it before those "2 weeks" are up. Actually, it's more like 12 days now. I'll be doing that countdown, but not here. And I noticed how this board gotten worse already.
Haha, then get ready for the competition, because im going hard for uprising, I'm planning to go to the pre-release tournament in NYC.

And yes, just yesterday I went MOSTLY pit in tourney, singles and dubz. I'm actually gonna ask for critiques once/ if vids are up.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
1v1 would be cool... It would help IF it became a competitive scene. It probably has some way of having that. I mean, it can't be that it HAS to be a 6 player FFA. What if there aren't enough players? There might not be a specific setting for 1v1, but you could probably just host an FFA room and only have two people join.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Thats very true, I did not think of that. *Gets hopes up for 1v1 now* All it really needs to be competitive is to be a fun game, somewhat balanced, not -too- random, and a group of people willing to make a competitive scene. As a sidenote, the clubs and cannons look awesome.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Team battles=fun and RAGE, oh so much rage in team battles. In the MP demo, that ending was just so rage-inducing >.>

Also, that reminds, power-up system looks interesting because some things are ridiculous. Mega laser that goes across the entire maps, with a huge radius, and probably OHKO potential lol.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have my eyes open like a HAWK for that Mega-Laser. I mainly want to laugh when I use it and watch as people try to dodge it XD. It was lol that if Pit falls off he automatically dies XD. It's kind of like Brawl that way.

Power up system will be funny to use XD. I'm really interested in how the power ups will affect gameplay.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
If Uprising is competitive enough, I might try running it as a side event in some Brawl tourneys. Hopefully people will actually want to play it. xD

Top Bottom